(See All?) Announcements
534 Users Online
Bing, Google

a stitch in time — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kinis Tainn
<blockquote>Ruiko! Oh, sweet relief. Kinis was an infant again, in the clutches of Borlla, unable to help himself. Indru, Ruiko, Kenai, Mother, Father... they were all the same, an adult face to force his sister to submit. This would be no different, surely; Borlla could not resist!

The main difference was that, now, Kinis had a shred of pride, and knew that it had been sorely hurt. When Ruiko demanded to know what was happening, the boy could only look away, eyes dark, and say nothing. He had nothing to contribute. Ruiko was above Borlla who was above Kinis, and though Borlla's explanation was wonderfully helpful, Kinis still could not bring himself to say anything.

What could he say? That he baited his sister? That he hated her and wanted her to leave?

No. Better say nothing. He had no authority here.</blockquote>
<center>user posted image
<i>at least... that's where I'm supposed to be...</i></center>
Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
He had never witnessed Borlla react with such viciousness, yet his quick study only brought the observation that the pups were indeed growing. Having shed their puppy fat long ago and both growing quickly in height and weight, it would seem they were beginning to establish themselves among the hierarchy for when they reached adulthood. Borlla very much reminded him of Ioni and Junai when they had been that youthful.

But her reaction to her leader was proper, and as his voice boomed out across the River land, the young she-wolf quickly flattened her ears and slunk off her brother, a scowl firmly set in to place. Kinis instead looked sourly away from him, and there was a moment of silence as the leader took everything in.

His sister was back. Prowling forward, the large male bent his muzzle down and nudged Kinis, encouraging the youth to get up. After such, Ruiko moved toward Borlla, and in a gesture of welcome to his missed sibling, the male crooned a gentle growl as his teeth preened at the top of her head. “Where are the others, smallteeth?”
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
She hadn't backed up much, despite the fact that every inch of her was just screaming at her to run, and just keep running. Ruiko had caught up with her quickly, though clearly hadn't noticed her failed attempt at backwards escape. His kind gesture caused her to freeze inside, flinch and freeze. Why was he being so nice? Why couldn't he just yell at her like he used to? Her eyes shifted to Kinis and they blazed for a moment, before she looked back to her elder brother, and heard his question. <b style="color:#32527a">"I dunno...I came alone." She couldn't meet his eyes as she answered. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Kinis remained silent in those moments, and so the regal male allowed his youthful brother to keep his space, for it seemed Borlla’s return was unwelcome in the boy’s eyes. Ruiko had more to worry about then their sibling quarrel, after all, he had dealt with it in his youth with Ioni. Ruiko was far more concerned with the sudden guilt that seemed to smooth over the young girl’s features as she answered him.

There was a small pause, and Ruiko released a sigh, already gleaning the answer he was about to receive just from Borlla’s actions. “Does Indru know?”
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla shifted uneasily on her paws, and it almost seemed as if not part of her wasn't moving. She was incredibly on edge, still wishing that she could just dig a hole and hide in it. At least Kinis had shut up. It was easier to not look at him when she couldn't hear him breathing or talking. Like he didn't exist. Her eyes snapped back to Ruiko, and she just shrugged again. <b style="color:#32527a">"Kind of." She looked extremely uncomfortable now. <b style="color:#32527a">"He kinda said no, though. But..." Her hindquarters twisted, and she shrugged, looking down again. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
And there it was. The uneasy shift in her stance, the guilt in her eyes. Borlla’s words confirmed his suspicions, and the male released a weary sigh. Of course Borlla had left without permission. Borlla had no regard to authority in the slightest. “Did you ever think about the worry you’re probably causing them right now?” His tone was gentle, was firm. This childlike behaviour and whimsical fantasies that she could override what her leaders and elders said was not going to continue. Ruiko would not allow it.

Leaning his muzzle down once more, the male gave an affectionate lick to the top of his younger sister’s head. She was fully grown now, physically, and had become quite beautiful. His concerns for her safety far surpassed her random adventures.. they now stemmed from the idea that she might stumble upon a male lone wolf with intentions she would not understand until it was too late. “It is good to have you home, Borlla,” he murmured as he pulled back, his gaze sweeping between the two youths. “But you are almost an adult now. You will learn to take your place among the hierarchy and to follow authority as its directed. It’s time to act your age.” There was a small pause then, and the male's gaze remained fierce upon her. He would not coddle her the way Indru had, and he knew she would not take this as a sign of love as it was meant to be. Instead, with one look between the two yearlings, the male turned, his paws sweeping him away to allow them time to deal with one another.
(This post was last modified: Feb 01, 2011, 12:18 PM by Ruiko.)