436 Users Online
Apollo, Bing, Google

For everything that we've lost — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
@Ace

The blowing wind around her felt like ice nipping at her bones. She should have turned around, huddled up, and indulged in any waning body heat she could have mustered. At this rate she might catch a cold, but she needed to get home. Capella knew Shade was going to question her whereabouts, but she also knew that he would understand. He trusted her, and she him. So long as she explained that she had to know, everything would be alright. He would have done the same for Rosealia if he'd caught even a sign of her. The pale female was even more excited about being reunited with her ghostly companion. Among all of the others would he understand? Would he be mad at her for not telling anyone where she was going, or making him worry? Even so, she couldn't let him stay mad. After all he was her best friend, and if he was angry with her then she would endure it until he wasn't so mad anymore. The fae knew that she should have found someone, let them know where she was going, but what if she missed her opportunity? Not that it had been fruitful, but she had to know. How could one live with themselves knowing that they had a chance to find their family, positive that they had smelled that perfume before, but they missed it? If she wouldn't have trailed it, then she would have lived her life not knowing, and that was undoubtedly worse.

It wasn't long before the trees became familiar, and the signature mist of Spectral Woods she had lived in for so long became apparent. She could feel the comforts of home in a place that belonged to another pack now, but that made her even more excited to return to her family. They were just south, and it wouldn't be long before their familiar faces looked upon her. Though her muscles were sore, and her body was tired from the weeks of traveling, Capella broke out into a run. She moved through the trees flying across the land, remembering every dip and turn. It felt so good to be back, but when her small paws finally began squishing into the ground, she stopped cold. The scents that filled her airways were different. It was a strange realization to the young wolf that in her absence life went on. The pale girl considered herself to be a bluestocking but all too often her feelings got in the way of logic. She could feel fear as she noticed a lack of perfumes. Shade's scent was so faint, yet it should have been the most prominent. Lachesis' was also there but not as strong as it should have been. Something was very wrong, and she couldn't help but take a step back.

Sunny eyes poured over the horizon, and she moved forward all too slowly. Creeping along she listened for any sign of the two males she wanted to see most, hoping to catch their voices on the wind. When nothing came the worry set in. Where were they? Finding herself on the boarder she sat in the mud, sinking in ever so slightly. The recent rains had wreaked havoc on her homelands, but she didn't mind. She was home, right? What if Shade and Lach had left? Would it still be home then? Of course they wouldn't leave. After all, this was home, they were family. Lifting her head high into the air she let out all of the fear in her heart, and called out for Shade. She needed to tell him where she had been before she ventured too far into the boarders. His scent had long ago worn off of her, and she didn't want to scare any new members that might not even know of her existence.

(This post was last modified: Oct 17, 2013, 07:41 PM by Capella.)
[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
[Permission from Pinn to post Karp in the thread even though it was marked for Ace only <3 Karp missed his Auntie Pella!]

A call for his father only made him feel worse. He knew the voice and even though he was mad at his Auntie Pella for leaving, he knew she didn't know yet. He raced for the borders, not caring about anything that got into his path. He tripped a few times on logs and ended up face planting. When he arrived, he ran up to her and nuzzled her neck. "Auntie Pella! You're back!!! I heard you calling for da.... but he's not here anymore. Well, he is, but he isn't." He said, practically sobbing about his father. Of course she wouldn't know about anything like that. "That evil wolf named Elettra hurt da really bad... da's gone now." He said sadly, he didn't like talking about his father's death, but he also seemed to talk about it a lot.

Auntie Pella seemed to be her old self, and he hoped that she would stick around again, not like his mother, or Lachesis or Ana. No, he hoped she would stay around like Ace and Silver did. Or that wolf from his pack, Aeolus, who had found him and calmed him down from his almost suicidal state. "Auntie Pella, why did you disappear like the rest of them? Why didn't you say goodbye? Mama Ana and Uncle Lachsies didn't say goodbye either." He said sadly, thinking about all the promises to him that had been broken. He was an orphan to his adoptive mother too. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breathes like Uncle Aeo had told him to do. Whenever he was in doubt of himself, he took deep breathes.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Capella's heart raced as Karpos ran full speed in her direction. His wonderful familiar face made her more happy than words could even know. She nuzzled him back, taking note of how much he'd grown while she was gone. Once again she found herself thinking how strange it was that life still went on. Every sentence that left the pup's mouth felt like a slap across the face. Shade, Lach, Ana, they were all gone now. Shade in an even more permanent way. Her family was broken, and yet here stood Karpos, enduring it all alone. She knew she should have been there. It should have been her comforting the little heirs, but she didn't even have the decency to say goodbye, or let them know that she would be back. It made her physically sick, but there wasn't time for any of that now. All that mattered was the growing cub who had lost even more than she had. He was an orphan now, and she knew the feeling. When she found her mother dead, she felt like giving up, and she sure wasn't going to let him give up.

A muffled sob left her throat as she moved toward him. Unable to even look him in the eyes she nuzzled into his neck. "Karpos, I'm so sorry. I thought I'd found my brother, and I had to follow the trail. I didn't realize I would be gone so long, and I should have come back and told someone..." She wasn't denying the mistake she had made, but she couldn't let the dark male hate her. He was a memory of good times, a reminder that they all had to keep living, and she had promised herself long ago that she would take care of the cubs for as long as she lived. She wasn't about to break it now.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer

She had taken the news in somewhat of a shock, Karp noticed it, but she seemed really happy to see him non the less. The fact that she had gone after family made him ease up, alright with the fact that she had been gone for so long. His mind was torn, between his family and his own endeavors that he wanted to go through. "Uncle Ace and Auntie Silver are leaders now I think. I know Uncle Ace is, but da's lady friend named Spectre stepped down as leader and Mama Ana is gone now." He informed her, feeling important to let his aunt know what had happened. "It's fine Auntie Pella, just please please please stay with us and please please please don't leave me without saying goodbye again." He begged his auntie.

His dark fur had perked up with a small bit of joy, knowing his family was starting to come back. Perhaps his Uncle Lach would come back, or maybe even Mama Ana would come back too. "I have a new uncle too, he saved my life, his name is Uncle Aeolus and I think he's the second now." She told him about the man who had convinced him that he was better than what he thought. The man made him realize, just as Auntie Silver had, that it wasn't his fault that his da had died, or that his ma had left them. It wasn't his fault that anyone had left. No, it was their own fault for making the choice. At least he knew that Auntie Pella had intended from the beginning to come back, he was super unsure about the others and it made him almost feel a bit insecure. He raised his head eagerly and called for his Uncle @Ace.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
A teary smile graced her lips as she looked upon the young prince. Shade might have been gone, but a piece of him was still here. His legacy would carry on in the form of his children, and Capella could only hope that she would be there to watch them grow. She listened in awe at the dark cub as he recounted the events that had happened since her disappearance, and it only served to show her just how much she missed. Had she thought time might stop without her? Of course not, but she didn't think that everything would be different. She imagined returning to the same happy faces, but would they be happy now?

Would Ace even accept her? There hadn't been any doubt in her mind that Shade would welcome her with open arms, but Shade was not Ace. Also, there was a problem in having a new leading female. Capella didn't even know Silver all too well. For the first time since her return, she felt completely unsure about her standings in this new world.

His pleading broke through her facade and a choked sob found it's way out of her throat. Oddly enough she was able to smile as she spoke. "Karp... I might not always get the chance to say goodbye, but I promise with all of my heart that I will always come back. We are family you know." The pale fae hoped that would calm his fears a bit. The young male had already lost so much in his short life, and she was going to make sure that he'd never worry about losing her.

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
So sorry for the long wait! :c
@Capella and @Karpos

Winter was fast approaching, -with it came freezing frosts and cold nights- and that meant most lone wolves would attempt to get into a pack before the cruel cold truly set in. That was why he had patrolled the borders more frequently, especially since there was a prince and princess in the pack. He would do anything to keep the lifeline of the Slayers and Pitch Pine Trail alive. They had no mother, and their father was dead. All they had left was the members of their pack.

Padding at a slow, leisurely pace, Ace marked the borderline every twenty feet or so, to make sure that any lone wolves that came across the border, there would be no way of them not noticing that a pack lived in the area. He didn’t want them in his territory, and if they were, they had better have a good reason for it. The Pitch Pine Leader pricked his ears as a howl from Karpos asking for him broke the deafening silence. It sounded eager, and immediately Ace started to pad in his direction. No call ever went unanswered, and he wouldn’t start now. But why was Karpos calling for him?

As Karpos’ scent became stronger, so did another scent, it was one that was familiar, but he didn’t know from where. As the Pitch Pine Leader came upon Karpos and a creamy brown and grey fae. His hackles raised slightly at the sight of her so close to Karpos, and he lifted his head and tail while his ears pricked forward. A slight rumble in his chest was heard when he spoke to the prince in a low voice. “Karpos, here. Now.” He didn’t know who the fae was, but he didn’t want her anywhere near him. Little did he know that it was Capella.

It took a few seconds before realization hit, and when it did, Ace took half a step back, his ears flattening slightly and an almost shocked expression came upon his usually calm face. “Ca-Capella?” His tone of voice carried an unbelieving tone. He couldn’t believe that she was here. After all that time had passed since she had mysteriously disappeared that one day, she had the nerve to come back thinking that everyone would accept her?

His expression darkened as his lips curled back slightly to show the points of his canine. His ears half flattened against his skull as his eyes narrowed, staring directly at the creamy female. Snarling softly, he advanced a few steps before stopping, inches away from her body. “You dare show up after leaving us for months with no “Goodbye” or “I’ll be back soon”, thinking that everyone will just accept you back into their lives. There’d better be a good reason for your actions.” His voice was now commanding and dangerous as anger coursed through him. He would not accept Capella’s actions without a suitable reason, and if she wanted a place in his pack, she would have to show him that she truly wanted it.

506 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
{Bad Karpy}

Karp was told to back away from his auntie Pella as soon as Uncle Ace arrived, but with his naturally stubborn nature, he shook his head. He would not leave her side, not after everything that had happened the past month or two. He needed them all do get along. It was then that Ace blew up on his Auntie Pella, asking her why she deserved to be in the pack anymore and Karp answered for her, his head held high as he defiantly looked into his uncle’s eyes. "She deserves to come back because she part of the only family I have left." He had wanted to scream it, but there was a neglect for him to understand about everything else, why everybody had left him.

He kept calm, taking after his father in stubbornness of course. But all the same, he felt like he had no one left. He had only Uncle Ace and Auntie Silver technically; he couldn’t really call Aeo an Uncle….. yet that was. As far as he was concerned, Mama Ana and Uncle Lachesis weren’t his family anymore, neither his real ma. However, he could consider his da, to still be with him no matter where he went. That was really the important thing, after all if you have your da to guide you, nothing could do wrong. He kept his stance, and he said one more thing. "Uncle Ace, after everything that we’ve lost, that I’ve lost, we need family more than ever. Uncle Lachsies, Mama Ana, my dad, my ma, Uncle Kasi and every other wolf that use to be here isn’t here. Auntie Pella has a good reason for being gone and she doesn’t deny that she messed up. PLEASE forgive her! All I have right now is her, you, Auntie Silver, Auntie Naia and Uncle Aeo!" He would always defend his family.

(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2013, 09:14 PM by Karpos.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She watched with dimming eyes as Pitch Pine's new leader spoke. Each anger laced word that dripped from his maw caused her to shrink away from him. Dark ears fell against a pale head, as her tail found it's way to her stomach. Tears brought shame to her eyes, the same she felt in her heart. Capella knew her mistake, she just hadn't realized it would have held this outcome. Crawling backwards she intended to flee. She couldn't force the pack to accept her, after all, some things were inexcusable.

Before she left her gaze turned to Karpos who seemed to stand just a bit taller. The defiance in his eyes read clear, but she could see that the interaction wasn't just a child challenging his superior, it was a broken soul fighting to keep what was his. The dark cub gave her the strength to fight for her own place. A chance to remain with the family she had. A pale maw opened, and the dam broke. Words flooded from her own throat. "Ace please. I didn't mean to be gone for so long.. I.. I couldn't come back. I caught the scent of my brother. If I would have come back then I might have lost the trail. It was already so faint. I don't think I could have lived with myself never knowing. I know you can understand me, please. Imagine catching the trail of your sister! Wouldn't you have done the same in my position?" Her words were pleading, begging him to understand.

Then much quieter than before, she tried again. "This was.. is my home. It's all I have left Ace, please. I will prove to you my worth. I will abide by your rules, just please give me a chance." She turned to Karpos, wondering if what she said had been good enough. Hoping for at least his sake that it was.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
OMG Ace is still being a big meanie. I’m so sorry about it D:
Also, @Karpos and @Capella ^^

The Pitch Pine Leader could see Capella shrinking away from him; backing up and cowering while tears formed in her dandelion-yellow eyes. He felt no remorse for what he had said. After all, she deserved it after deserting them in a time of need. She had torn at his heart when she left without a word, and it pained him to see that she was back after so long and dared to ask him for entrance into the pack after her actions. With the slight twitch of his ears, Ace took his silver gaze off of Capella –whom seemed to be crawling backwards as if she was going to flee- and looked over towards the prince.

When Karpos shook his head defiantly, looked into his eyes and didn’t back away from Capella at his command, a sliver of a growl slipped out of his slightly parted jaws. He had never known the prince to disobey a direct order before, and could feel a slight his hackles raising half an inch from his gaze. Apparently the prince hadn’t learned that he wasn’t supposed to look a wolf straight in the eye. Unwillingly to force the pup by his side, the Pitch Pine Leader narrowed his eyes slightly at him, which widened ever so slightly at his words.

It was such a pathetic reason that he had to constrain himself not to snarl at the prince and tell him what a ridiculous answer it was. The only reason he didn’t was because the prince was still very young, and had much to learn. Ace cocked his head slightly to the left when the prince spoke again, telling him that Capella needed to come back because he didn’t have many wolves in his family, and that he needed to forgive her.

It would take a long time to forgive her for her actions, for leaving them. At the sound of Capella’s voice, he turned his large, creamy head to look at her. Her voice was pleading, as if begging him to forgive her and understand why she had left. He listened attentively to her speech, his hackles lowering and lips covering his canines at her words. He did understand why she had left, but with a scent so faint, it was foolish for her to follow it.

At her mention of his sister Ace bristled and a warning snarl escaped his creamy muzzle. He hated it when anyone spoke of his sister in any way, but what he hated the most was that he had failed at finding her. Capella’s words only brought a fresh surge of grief, and he hated the feeling. He would’ve done the same, yes, but instead of running off, he would have told someone first. Lifting up his head, Ace stared at the creamy fae for a few moments, before speaking in a low voice. “Never mention my sister again.”

After a few silent moments, Capella spoke again, but in a much softer voice. He nodded ever so slightly at her words, they were, after all, what every Alpha wanted to hear. But he also wanted to know what she would give to the pack that no other could. They still needed a Scout as Silver had just been promoted to Alpha alongside him, a Healer for Lachesis had left with Anastasia, a Hunter because Spectre had also left and a Guardian -but Aeolus would be more fitting for that job-. “What can you give to the Pack that no other can?” He stared at Capella, awaiting her answer.

591 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

Ace's reprimand had her posture lowering, this time in apology. It had been a cheap shot, but she didn't know how else to make him understand. Losing a family member was something that they all could understand. Of course following such a faint trail had been foolish all in it's own, but there was a chance. Just a small bit of light opening the way to something more. She had been silly to let faith drive her, after all, hadn't she learned long ago that it was silly to hold on to hope? Countless times in her life she watched as the feeling devoured those around her. Expectation could not win over reality. It was impossible.

The silver male's words bore into her, giving her a chance to prove herself, but what could she say that would melt his anger away? Her mouth started working before her brain, and she could have cursed every deity for it. "I can't give you something that no one else can. There will always be someone out there better than me, and I can only offer you everything I have. I'm a strong runner, I'm observational, and cunning. If you need a scout or a huntress I would be able to uphold the role very well. I also know a bit about plants from my mother, It's not a whole lot, but I can act as a medicine wolf until another more competent can take the position. I promise I will show you that I want to be here Ace. Please." With that her tone fell, and dandelion eyes went back to watching the ground beneath her feet.