706 Users Online
Bing, Google

Need the Map — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
@Chantille may join in this thread, but an OTB wolf is needed. Otherwise AW

She had lost Chantille somehow within the last stretch of land between some unknown creek and an unknown packs territory border. Now Narimé was wondering if her white friend would catch up with her in the rain. The silver hunter knew well that rain destroys scent trails of the prey she hunted. It was the same for a wolfs scent trail, although the forest of oaks cover should help keep her trail fresh for a few hours while the white healer caught up.

While waiting for Chantille at the packs border Narimé wondered if this family she had come upon Shade or Phineas' pack. There may be many packs out here though not just theirs. the gray fae reminded herself while tentatively stepping up to the border to investigate its scents. With a kick in the gut she realized that there were indeed two scents from pack wolves markings that were familiar to her. A females scent, Jessie Swiftpaw, who was considered a friend, and a powerful male aroma that clearly stated its dominance on the border. Though it took Nari a few minutes of wolf faces going through her head before she matched the face with the scent.

It was a wolf she had not seen since her yearling days. Even now Nari struggled for the name that went with the dark Tainn face. The she wolf had to go through the memory of when she first learned of hellebore. Way back when she had first met Rais who had been pricked by a porcupine. The other males name was....Tainn.. Something Tainn. One of Hotei Tainn's kin.. who was he.. Despite not remembering the name just then it occurred to Narimé that the male she had once met was now an alpha. Or at least the scent markings told her so. She wondered if one of the pack might be willing to send her in the right direction towards Shade's pack.

A howl will also help Chant find her way to me... She shrugged her shoulders quietly then stepped back from the border to be on the safe side. She didn't want to offend the wolves who lived here. Raising her silver crown Narimé let out a howl which echoed through the land around her.

"I ask to meet with you! Please come wolves of the oaks!" Narimé let her call fade until it finally ended. Then she waited, irritated only by the misted rain still falling upon her soaked coat turning it a dark gray color. As much as she loved swimming, rain was not one of the things Narimé liked to be under.

Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Leaning backwards, Corinna shoved her hindquarters into the air. Her front half lowered into a bow and with more than a little satisfaction the leader stretched her back. Slowly she rose up, kicking out her hind legs to stretch them as well. The tension from her muscles fully released, she stood up and surveyed the forest around her. The sun was hidden overhead by dark, murky clouds that were dropping light rain drops onto her face. The semidarkness was more comforting than not, and it had the added benefit of keeping most creatures confined to their dens.

Most, but not all, apparently. Gray ears perking on top of her head, she tilted her head upwards at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. A generic message, calling for a pack member - presumably a lone wolf. Perhaps they were hoping that a quick acceptance would earn them a dry place to rest their heads tonight. Grunting, the leader rolled her shoulders and set off in the direction of the howl. They would be sorely mistaken if they thought that was the case.

Corinna was thankful for the rain; it kept her cool while she ran. Weaving in and out between trees, no mind was spared to the soggy ground. This was her home, and she ran as surefooted as a goat despite the mud. It splattered against her stomach and lower chest, and her normally creme colored paws were stained dark with mud, but Corinna hardly cared about appearances. She was in no mood to deal with any eager loners, and was fully prepared to turn them away with little discussion.

And so she did. Slowing to a walk as the borders neared, Corinna pulled herself up - tail arching over her back and her neck straightening to lift her head up. Green eyes narrowed, she found the silhouette of the stranger among the shadows and made a beeline for it. Stopping on her side of the invisible line, she called out, "What do you want?" Blunt and to the point; exactly how this meeting was going to go.

Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
The rain had been heavy at times, though now the clouds had lightened considerably, and with it, the downpour had shifted to a drizzle. Despite this, her pelt clung to the contours of her lithe figure, while spatters of mud could be seen upon her underbelly and spiraling up her long limbs. Her pelt seemingly darkened quite a bit when wet, and as her peridot gaze drifted down to the waters of a nearby puddle, the reflection that met her was eerily familiar in the form of her father. Her lip curling back at the thought, the she-wolf pulled away, giving her pelt a light shake as she began to trail the pack lands, her eyes seeking the paths of the Bend for signs of moving herds.

A cry echoed across her home land no sooner than she had distracted herself with such a task, and with only a pause, she was swiftly moving in the direction of the visitor, her figure lifting and her features cold. The call was not necessarily for her, yet it invited the wolves of the pack to their location, and Kisla was not one to let her leaders go alone.

As it stood, she came upon the scent of her mother. Because of this, her limbs churned faster, and her swift lope became a quicker gait. She was only a few moments behind Corinna, and as the matriarch’s voice interrupted the silence of the area, the tawny she-wolf emerged from the foliage a few feet from her mother. Closing the distance between her and her leader, Kisla came to stand at the silver wolf’s shoulder, her eyes focused intently upon the stranger, taking in the sight of her grey pelt and rather pretty eyes. Lifting herself to a stance that wore her pride of being a pack member, she was submissive to only the she-wolf she stood beside, and allowed her shoulder to brush against the soft velvet of the Donata’s fur, reassuring her of her presence. Silent, she awaited an answer.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Sorry for the wait!

Her call would not go unanswered. Though the wolves that appeared before the silver wolf were not the familiar kind. A small shiver went down Nari's slick wet spine as the first female appeared. Back when she had been a yearling Narimé had liked meeting new and unfamiliar wolves. Now she was a little more cautious knowing that strangers could mean trouble.

The stranger called out her demeanor and physical appearance screaming that of a dominant wolf. Even if the woman had been subservient Nari would have lowered herself for she did not want trouble. Especially when she was so far away from her own pack.

Just as the young mother had lowered herself and opened her mouth to speak another wolf with a tawny coat and green eyes like the first female entered the arena. This caused Narimé to lower herself further allowing her tail to twitch in between her legs. Then she finally spoke.

"I am sorry to bother you and your family." She apologized first remembering to be courteous and respectful to the females of this land. "I am Narimé Lagina Thorben, an alpha of Whisper Caverns far across the mountains within Hush Meadow." She explained allowing her head to tip higher only slightly. Truthfully Nari wasn't sure if an alpha being near another alpha's land was a really bad thing that she could get killed for, or if it was acceptable so long as she obeyed borders. So she played it safe.

"I'm only searching for a friends pack in order to talk to with them on important matters. " She let her eyes slip to the side viewing the forest around her with uncertainty. "If it's too much to ask just speak it and I will be on my way, but I was hoping you could tell me of the packs that live on this side of the mountains." She returned her gaze to the female allowing her tail to relax some and hang limply now behind her. Though Nari found it hard now to keep her head lowered for somehow she had gotten used to proudly raising it. The silver wolf managed to keep her cool however as she waited for an answer from the pair of stranger she wolves.

Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Staring down the stranger with cold, hard eyes, Corinna remained silently. This one was too well fed to have been on her own for long, and the overwhelming aroma of multiple scents indicated to the Oak Tree Bend leader that she was not dealing with a lone wolf, but of a pack. The realization caused her eyes to narrow further in suspicion - what did another pack wolf want with them? Before the answer could be given, though, a familiar scent caught the leader's attention. Turning her head to the side, she watched as Kisla came forward, and her eyes softened in familiarity. Her daughter took up position beside her, and together the mother-daughter pair stared down the intruder.

It was a different day, indeed, when Corinna felt the need to leave her borders behind and venture off into the woods. She had rarely done it in their new home, and the only times she had left Swift River she had done so with a heavy heart. Despite having made Relic Lore her home for over three years, she knew relatively very little about who else resided there. Her concerns stopped at her borders, more or less - or at least, it stopped with those that she cared about. So when the she-wolf, Narime, introduced herself, Corinna's expression remained blank. She had no idea who this wolf was, or who her pack was.

"Corinna Donata, my daughter, Kisla, and my borders you've found instead of your friends," cold, swift, to the point the Oak Tree Bend leader didn't miss a moment. The emphasis on the last word was apparent, and hopefully made clear to the stranger that she had come inquiring to the wrong place - some friends she had, if she had no idea where they were located. "To the north is Magnolia Glen, led by my sister Borlla and her mate Phineas. Their's is the only other pack in the region that I know of." The leader fell silent and looked at Kisla, indicating with a dip of her muzzle to add any additional information, if she had it.

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
The silver female was quick to lower herself within their presence, and Kisla felt herself relax inwardly, despite maintaining her current posture. The stranger introduced herself – the offer of knowledge she gave came as a surprise to the youthful female. She had not been aware of a pack in Hush Meadow prior to their leave, and briefly wondered if they had only recently claimed the area. Whisper Caverns. The name unfamiliar to her, and yet she felt a light pang as she recalled the Grove, despite the heartache they had suffered through within those lands.

Oak Tree Bend had been a fresh start for them, and it had been celebrated so very shortly before the news of Marsh’s death and the departure of Ice. No.. the blame could not be put on the Grove, but instead upon fate.

Corinna was quick to inform the female of what she knew – the business approach she conducted sent a thrill down the girl’s spine – if she could be anything like her mother, then perhaps she would manage to survive this world both physically and emotionally. From the corner of her eye, Kisla witnessed the tip of Corinna’s muzzle in indication that she could comment as well. Magnolia Glen was not a pack she had heard of, but she recalled the handsome stranger she had come across not so very long ago. @Maksim had certainly intrigued her. “There is another pack north from here called Darkwater Rapids led by a wolf named Kade.” Clipping her sentence at the end, she tilted her muzzle down to her mother then, hoping to gage her attention. “I am told they used to be the wolves from Grizzly Hollow.” It meant little to the Oak wolves, and yet it seemed their old neighbors were not as far away as they had once believed.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

"Corinna Donata, my daughter, Kisla, and my borders you've found instead of your friends," Narimé listened to the older womans words lowering her gaze some at the harsh remark of "friends." Perhaps she was still very naive in her way of thinking. However it would take time for Lore's harsh world to chip away at her naivety. The inexperienced mother would learn of the world eventually as Corinna already had.

Still the green eyed alpha's tone made Nari dreadfully aware of how vulnerable she was without her pack members and mate beside her. It was very clear to see that she was not welcomed near this packs border. As soon as I get some information I will definitely be staying away from this territory. She straightened her body a small amount and looked cautiously towards Corinna as the she gray she wolf spoke once more.

"To the north is Magnolia Glen, led by my sister Borlla and her mate Phineas. Their's is the only other pack in the region that I know of." Nari was surprised Corinna, with her cold stare, was willing enough to offer up this information. Closing her own blue gaze Narimé sighed thankfully. Then her ears tilted slightly listening to Kisla's voice. Nari opened her eyes nodding silently at the Oak wolf's words.

So there are two packs to the north, Darkwater Rapids and Magnolia Glen. If that is all there is to the north then perhaps I should be heading south to find Shade? Her thoughts echoed an uncertainty that showed plainly in the silver wolfs face. She could travel northward and see Phineas in the same trip or she could focus on Shade first to the south. If I don't see Phineas now I may have to wait till after winter. She took a few steps back from the pair of females.

"Thank you for helping me." Nari nodded gratefully to the wolves avoiding their gazes as she slowly backed away. "I promise I won't be sticking around. Have a good evening and may the prey run well for you." She would not intrude on the pair or their family. Quickly Nari began backing away to leave if the Oak Tree Bend wolves allowed her to do so.

Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata
@Kisla - You and I can go one more round, get this up to 10 posts.

Gone Tomorrow

Corinna had been naive once, and in certain respects, still was. But her life had been hard, and her patience had been worn down to virtually nothing; she cared naught for the inquiries or curiosity of others. The fact that here before her was a pack leader who had left behind a pack and a family was enough to make Corinna's lips curl upwards in displeasure. Indru had done the same - claimed he needed to scout out and leave his pack behind because that was his duty. There was little excuse for it, and a search for friends was not a good enough reason to travel so far from home and duty. Not to her.

But the pack leader said nothing, instead turning her head to the side to listen to Kisla speak. Apparently they were not the only ones who had decided to leave the Western part of Relic Lore and seek out new beginnings. Grizzly Hollow were the last of Kisla's words, and despite the new information such as the pack's new leader and name, it was these two words that grabbed Corinna's attention and would not let go. Grizzly Hollow. Jayseyek. Borden. Aiyana. Her heart tightened, and her posture visibly stiffened. But she said nothing, interrupted from her thoughts by Narime. Her scowl returned, and the leader didn't say anything, but merely watched as the Whisper Caverns leader retreated back into the woods and eventually out of sight.

Only when Narime had gone did Corinna turn to look at Kisla again, her scowl replaced by a sad confused look. "These Grizzly Hollow wolves...or Darkwater Rapids wolves, did they mention Aiyana? She went with Borden...he led Grizzly Hollow for years with his mate." Even as she asked, she had to mentally force herself to ignore the hope swelling in her chest. Surely if Kisla knew anything about her younger sister, she would have told her mother immediately. But if Corinna's youngest daughter was here, the pack leader wanted to know.

[dohtml]bold signature[/dohtml]
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Feel free to fade.. or if you want we can keep going. I'm good either way.

The silver she-wolf was all too quick to plan her escape route. Corinna’s way with words made it clear that the stranger had come to the wrong area to find open conversation, and the tawny she-wolf withheld a devilish grin – she came by her own manner honestly, and she recalled her run in with the rather handsome @Maksim not very long ago, who had also been uncertain how to take her personality. Her bright green eyes – inherited by the strong woman beside her – watched the other female as she slunk away, offering a peaceable retreat. Kisla made no response in turn, instead, she suddenly felt the stiffening of her mother, only now cluing in to what this information might truly mean to the Oak leader.

Corinna spoke, and as strong of a woman as she was, she still had her means of breaking. Gently, Kisla touched her nose to Corinna’s cheek, breathing in sharply – a scent that meant home, and love. “No, he did not..” She trailed off, only now considering the information she might have gotten had she asked. Aiyana’s bright eyes came to mind – a beautiful young girl, whose own heart had wielded to stone, much like hers had. Perhaps it was a Tainn curse. And yet still.. Kisla had not run from her problems. She simply maintained a steady pace of dealing with the pain.

“I did not get the impression he knew much of Grizzly Hollow and the pack it had once been under their reign." Even had she questioned it, it was likely she would not have received an answer. Instead, it would have only opened a door to her soul for the stranger to look in to.

Pulling away from the short embrace, the tawny female danced slightly along the edge of the border, her gaze lingering back to her mother, wondering if she would come as well. Perhaps marking and scouting the borders would take her mind from her worries. If anything, they could spend a little time together.

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata
Let's call this good. <3

Gone Tomorrow

The stranger had slunk away from sight, leaving the mother and daughter pair well enough alone to discuss the matters of the heart. Kisla's mere mention of Grizzly Hollow had spiked a yearning in Corinna's soul. It had been several months since she had last seen her dark furred @Aiyana. Once she had left them to travel with the Grizzly Hollow patriarch, Aiyana had well and truly disappeared from their lives, no longer even gracing her family with the comfort of her lurking shadow.

But Kisla's answer depleted what little hope had been stirred. The Tainn girl had not thought to ask, and even if she had, it appeared that the wolf Kisla had spoken to was not a good source of information anyway. Gray ears flattening against her head, the Oak Tree Bend leader merely nodded her head in acknowledgement. Pressing her forehead against her daughter's cheek, Corinna merely sought comfort for a moment, but also to reassure Kisla that she had done nothing wrong. "That's alright. Borden and Jayse were good, genuine souls. I'm sure Aiyana is doing just fine with them, wherever they decided to go," she said, pulling back as Kisla stepped away.

Her daughter glanced along the borders and the leader followed her gaze. "Let's go," she encouraged, brushing by Kisla as she stepped up to the imaginary line and began to walk along it. "You can tell me what you did learn. Your old mother is out of the loop, it seems," grinning, Corinna led the pair off along the border, to talk and to defend.

[dohtml]bold signature[/dohtml]