(See All?) Announcements
360 Users Online
Chan, Bing, Google

Soft Breeze
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
If it were an opportunity to simply vent her frustrations Arlette sought, then Maksim would be happy to simply listen. He was lucky—his life had been relatively easy. There had been no hiccups, no bumps in the road that had thrown him off course. He had simply coasted along, taken turns where and when he wanted to. Little things didn’t really worry the agouti male, frankly, and he was content to think back fondly on his childhood, to see his family not as ghosts but as inspirations. Arlette and Maksim were certainly two very different wolves.

True, it was Maksim’s choice that would dictate him staying in Darkwater Rapids or leaving the Attaya family to plant roots elsewhere. If he were to leave, he would never forget them, especially not Ava. She was the brute’s closest friend in the Lore; would he be able to bring himself to leave her and the young he had helped protect for several months? The more he thought about it, the more it tugged at his heart strings. The itch to leave his birth home had been strong when he was a young man with ideas about how grand the future for him would be, but now that he had his feet planted firmly on the ground? Well, he wasn’t so sure he’d be able to do it again. He was their first guard, their trusted second and they were almost like his second family. Was the call of his true family stronger than theirs?

He would never understand the problems that came with being the last born. Maksim had never been a meek child, none of his siblings had either. In fact, they were rather the opposite; loud and exciting to be around. Being the first born of Vas and Esfir’s first litter, Maksim was doted upon by the pack as a growing pup, though not to point of becoming spoilt. He was to be the heir to the throne of Tall Trees, after all. Tradition spoke of such things. It was expected of him to do his best, to be brave and bold in all endeavours. As an adolescent—when he growing to be a fine man—, he was to sharpen the blade forged in his childhood years. Perhaps it was that expectation that drove him to want to leave. How could he possibly do his best if it was simply handed to him on a silver platter? He couldn’t, really. He was only doing as well as traditions demanded, not what his body and mind could achieve. Regardless, the Baranski held no bitterness towards the pack. They had moulded him into the wolf he was now, after all.

Arlette seemed to agree with what Maksim believed, to some extent, and her sheepish explanation confirmed that. He certainly understood when she mentioned some days making more sense than others. At times, Maksim felt as though he was accomplishing nothing, others he felt as though he should be given some sort of reward for the effort he put into things. There seemed to be a reason for their meeting by the white stag, too. What was that reason, though? To instil some sort of new found confidence into Arlette? To help Maksim realise he could achieve the future he dreamt of? Maybe both? The Baranski thought of other things, however. He chuckled at her words, a smile on his face. “Nonsense. I should be thanking you for giving me something to think about.” A pause. “I’d say I’m not like most, but perhaps that’s a bit arrogant.” He shook his head, still smiling.

MAKSIM BARANSKI
“the only thing we’re allowed to do is believe we won’t regret the choices we make”

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
baha sorry back story >.>
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

Arlette never thought of her life terrible. The older she became she knew it wasn't what one would call normal or perfect. Childhood had its usual struggles, and there were many moments she was able to live, and earn. Her first memories were great things. She had adored having so many siblings, and seeing first sight of the world. Even when her siblings teased her about scary things she felt loved, and safe in the cedar realm. All at once their world began to crumble.

The true eldest brother, Prosper, went missing. Borden, next, trying to find him. As for her siblings Hocus, and Trisden, she couldn't even begin to count how many times they started to come and go as they pleased. Then her true blood sibling,Theodore, was killed by a single bite from a snake, scarring her only sister to something quiet and dark. It was when she couldn't get a smile out of Tris she felt her own heart start to break. Nothing seemed to go right. Even when Kade joined them, a spark of light, it took them a long time for them to dare like him. In the end they believed he would leave them as well. Luckily the guardian never did, and for awhile there was some normalcy. When at last Borden had made it home he was treated like the scum of the earth. It put Lettie in a sense of shock, and pushed her to try to fix things. Pushed her to keep a smiling face.

Really, her life should have started to get gradually better. It never quite did. Despite how she tried to see it with curious eyes, and a hopeful heart the good days waned. More familiar faces left her, and she was starting to believe her parents would never be the same. When life began to look up (making new friends, seeing more of the world) she was told she wasn't actually a Lyall at all. What a grand way to celebrate her first birthday, so in the end she decided it was her turn to leave the miserable forest. So she did, to a land that first appeared better, but would drag her life down further. Now, she could only think how it was very ironic, that exactly one year later she had come back to find it even more wrong. There was no one to greet her, no one to welcome her home. Sometimes she didn't know how she wasn't more screwed up. How would she beginning to explain that to a stranger? Surely, no one would think that was a true story.

Pulled from her quiet musings Lettie had to disagree with him. "Arrogant? Pff..why?" There was playful tone to her voice. "Because you know you're not a copy?" White brow quirked above her right eye, a grin working its way. "Yeah, sometimes I think it would be nice to be a little more like everyone else, but I sorta like being me. And I like that you're not like most." For all their encounter, she now had this funny smirk perched on her face, even though her voice remained soft. "It's not every day I get to met someone who doesn't scoff or laugh when I look like I wish the ground would eat me up for no apparent reason." More comfortable she let yellow eyes look to his, hoping they conveyed her gratitude. How much it meant to her to have stood here and talked no matter how little it was. If Lettie tried to simply tell him that it wouldn't come out right.

[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Kind of short, sorry!

Arlette’s response was not what he had expected. It seems she only needed to warm up to Maksim before that playful side slowly started to poke its head out and wave. He couldn’t help but smile inwardly, couldn’t help but be reminded of his sister back home. She’d always been energetic, full of life with boundless amounts of energy and a laugh that could make even the most bitter of old men crack a smile. Yes, his little sister was definitely the approachable one of the litter. Of course, Maksim and Arman were both approachable but they were easily seen to be intimidating just due to the sheer size of them both. Whilst Anzie wasn’t small, she had a face as soft as melting butter. No wonder she could sweet talk herself out of any situations the siblings got themselves into.

And now, with the white coated girl’s last statement, that inward smile broke out and tugged at the corners of his lips. It wasn’t often that a conversation came up like this, wasn’t often that someone was so grateful for just being heard out, for being accepted and not judged. He couldn’t help but feel a little warm knowing that he had helped someone feel less like a joke and more like a living, functioning wolf with feelings and dreams. “Well,” he began, tail flicking slightly as he sat down on his haunches, “most would claim that individuality is odd or weird. Strange, isn’t it? How being yourself can be viewed as such a bad thing.” He shook his head from side to side. “The way I see it, no one should try to be a different person. They should be proud of themselves.” He looked up, gesturing with a nod of his head towards the white stag that was now drifting further and further away from the wolves upon the rocks. “Like him. He’s unafraid and walks tall, like the king of his own world. Perhaps, one day, he may bite off more than he can chew, but who’s to say he didn’t take pride in his life?”

Pausing briefly, the Baranski shot Arlette an apologetic glance before continuing. “Forgive me for rambling, but what I’m trying to say is that you shouldn’t be afraid. You should be proud of yourself, miss Arlette. Your life hasn’t ended yet, you can still breathe. Worry not what others think, they’re not worth your valuable time, especially if all they try to do is bring you down.” The apologetic glance was all but a distant moment, now, his eyes telling a completely different story. They swelled with pride, as if he were commanding an army of soldiers to, giving them their speech before the charge. “If you want the world to swallow you up then dare it to do so. If someone laughs or scoffs or mocks you then tell it to chew them up too.” Dirt belongs on the ground, after all.

MAKSIM BARANSKI
“the only thing we’re allowed to do is believe we won’t regret the choices we make”

Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
sorry i'm a slow turtle >.>
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

From the corner of her eye she noticed he sat, but she was staring at his smile. There was comfort found by it. Perhaps its appearance assurance his words were sincere. The lady felt her tail tail gently wag, while her ears perched forward to listen. At this point she didn't think he would say anything that would hurt her, not like the others had. It wasn't until then she realized he was possibly the first wolf she had not known prior she trusted instead of questioned. How much? It was probably not by any means a great amount, but it was there.

White face grew thoughtful, eating up each word, though there was still peace and gratitude lighting up her eyes. Lettie had come to think this,but it didn't hurt to hear it said a loud. Now, maybe when she wondered who she was, who she should be, and what others thought she could remind herself what he had said. The pale wolf was quiet, finding the stag also. She had to half smile about the part of him being a king of his own world. It was the last part. Pride in his life that would stick with her forever. It forced her to see if she was proud of who she was, to hell with the rest of the world. Oh, she was quiet, simply reflecting. If only it was that easy.

Whether it was because she was speechless, or didn't appear as blank as she thought, she caught his verdant gaze upon her. Out of a habit she lightly twitched in surprise and reaction, but settled her haunches to the ground. First her own yellow eyes were careful, always knowing gazes could mean different things. She could see he thought he might have over done it, but instead of guarded there was a softness again to yellow hues Like before when she wished she could convey her thanks. The next look that came in those pools of green made her want to cry because they helped carry the value of what he spoke. They made her miss both sets of parents, because this was something they surely would have told her. The idea a stranger was instead, it made her throat tighten. A combination of homesickness, and surprise he should care. He didn't have to say more, but he did.

Eyes grew hot, moistened, and she made a sound between a sob and laugh. "I'll try," she managed to choke out. This shouldn't be how she reacted. She should have been telling him thank you, it means the world to me with a huge smile. Possibly wagging her tail, not having a break down. Brushing her wet nose against a foreleg, she was the one shaking her head now. She was the one trying to mutter sorry. Barely, she managed to mouth the word, taking in a deep wave of oxygen. When the cool air hit her lungs, she regained better control. Again, took another mouthful, holding it tight. She gave a small laugh, a tiny thing, at herself, then she attempted to smile again. "Thank you, it..it's what I've really needed to hear these past months." Shyly, sight of yellow cast to the ground, something that was another ingrained habit of her wiring. A moment she made sure to breathe in and out,letting silence and time hang in a natural way. When she was sure she wouldn't cry, he would see she was all right she wanted to ask him something. "Have you always felt proud of yourself?" She made a point to stare at the dirt.

[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
fade to black with permission from Switch! <3

He watched her eyes and they spilled out a range of emotions that he did his best to read. First, there was thoughtfulness. She was processing his words that were perhaps a little easier said than done sometimes, but it took real bravery and courage to do such a thing. Maksim had no doubt she would be able to pull it off. Reassurance came next, to let him know that he had not crossed some invisible line or said something he shouldn’t have said, which was a relief to the agouti male. Finally, her eyes grew wet and it dawned on the Baranski that these were tears threatening to spill over. He remained silent, though, his reptilian gaze soft as she sputtered a short I’ll try. The Darkwater wolf smiled. “That is the best thing we can do, Arlette.”

The white girl attempted to compose herself, a mouthed apology that he shook his head at with a smile. She had no need to apologise. The overwhelming response to his words certainly confirmed that he had struck a chord, though not in a bad way at the least, and she would hopefully remember it. She took in a shaky breath and held it tight in her chest, as if she were clutching a mouse between her teeth, before she exhaled it along with a soft, fluttery (and very brief) laugh. Perhaps she thought she looked silly? Well, the Darkwater guardian would have to dispel that idea as soon as possible, wouldn’t he? Instead, she thanked the male and he nodded slowly. “Don’t mention it,” he offered in response, waiting for her to feel ready to speak again. Until then, a silence would sit between them as Maksim watched the stag. He would be a speck on the horizon, soon, a ghostly vision that may fade or move on. Wherever his life took him, the white deer would be bold.

Had Maksim always been so proud? “No, not always. A few occasions, I wondered “what’s the point”. I definitely didn’t feel proud at all.” Those two lone wolves before he found the Lore, the bite marks they left over his pride and sense of self belief. That was one of them. “But, I find that with time you can find ways to pick yourself up, to adapt the way you think.” To change negatives into positives.

It seemed neither wolf had anything else to add to the conversation as both were content to just sit and watch the stag disappear. Goodbyes were offered as the sky turned dark, dotted with twilight stars. Maksim turned and trotted away, hoping that maybe his words had stuck with miss Arlette …

{ fade to black }

MAKSIM BARANSKI
(This post was last modified: Dec 03, 2013, 05:57 PM by Maksim.)