(See All?) Announcements
630 Users Online
Google, Bing

beckoning. — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The people who play Narcissa, Calla, Skana & Morganna are all on absence, so whether or not they posted or will be able to post later, their characters are assumed here (somewhere silently in the back). Also, Hotei is not considered officially missing from the pack. Warning: crap packing whole meeting in here (as I usually do) in order to get things moving.

Alas and as expected, the first to show was the face of Guiness, emerging from behind her within the den. His body eases from the hole along the back wall which led to the Infirmary, unwilling to move any further from this position. Although he was behind her, he would hear her just as easily as his sister would down below, should she be conhearant enough to hear the news. If not, easily such things could be relayed to her at another time if need be, though her time of healing would leave her distant from the pack and its current events, as likely. The next arrival was Semananti, prompt and quick to her arrival as she had been at the Hunt and as she had been for Elettra before she had her extended leave. A dip of her grey-rimmed muzzle was offered to the woman as she settled down patiently for the meeting to begin. Angier's approach was as respectful and plesant as ever, his touch to her chin replied by a brushing of the side of her muzzle to his own. He sits this time at her side, proud in his stance as he does so. Elettra does well to hide the odd feeling she held with this, after having stood on her own for so long. She breaths in deep, turning her eyes from him at the arrival of Muerda. "As well, to have you." She speaks to her subordinate, a dip to her muzzle extended to her as well as the woman finds settlement amongst the back-drop of the crowd. Then came her first born son, shining in bronze hues and fiery eyes from his father, a beacon of knightly boldness in shining armor. She smirks to him, his affections to her replied and a wave of her tail given as she keeps her placement on her rump before the growing crowd. He takes her open side whilst Angier holds the other, looking out to the crowd in the position he was certain he belonged and it was this power which held him there. Now came Narcissa and the happiness Elettra held for her son's arrival did not fade at the sight of the beautiful woman. The eerie silver of her attention intensifies on the woman, watching her every move to her arrival. She speaks no words to her, though holds her attention for some time until she is settled and Senka falls in line next. Dipping her head to the woman in the same manner she had various others, she then turns to Skana and Skoll's arrival. She offers her son a press of her muzzle to his nap until he settles along Angier's other side and to Skana, a smile, deeply, to the woman who had been promising in her devotion to this pack for longer then most (if not all?) that were here. Assessing the group once more, she awaits but a few moments more for the rest of the group to file in (slight mention of Calla & Morganna here).
Taking in a deep breath and a clearing of her throat, the Matriarch begins. "Firstly, I'd like for you all to take a proud note of our size and power...." Her eyes shift the crowd of mostly women, savor the man at her side, a single Guardian and her two sons. They had slowly become a pack of Amazons but Elettra did not define dominant, strength and power by sex. After all, she was woman herself. "There has been quite an increase in members since the cooler seasons have begun their arrival... I do not take kindly to liars, as any may not. I only hope for openness and honesty from my members. Those who wish only to remain during the Winter due to simple survival will work overtime to earn their keep. If this is the case, do not preach of your loyalty and devotion to Willow Ridge. There have been those who pledged themselves true to my pack before and their back-stabbing betrayal when they disappeared on us led to their demise." Of course, she did not know that Shade had died for certain (though how could he have lest he found shelter and an adequate healer?) and certainly Rose was still alive however, this did not mean Elettra would not have her vengeance in due time. "On that note, I would like to continue this meeting with an introduction of it's members..." One by one she scans each of them, jutting her muzzle in the direction of her members as she speaks their name and title. If the pack did not know one another, they would certainly now, at least by name and role, should they hold one. It would make things much easier when it came to communicating this way should any wolf of certain skill be of need. "Skoll, Morganna and Asriel are my children, first born within the house of Willow Ridge. Calla Lyall has recently joined, niece of Angier Lyall who now stands at my side." No mention of Angier's brother was mentioned in her announcement of Angier, whether they had known the Grizzly Hollow founder or not. Angier would make the Lyall name renowned on his own. After all, to Elettra, it had been Borden who was the fool and failure and Angier, even before his time in Willow Ridge, which had stayed loyal and true. "Skana is my long standing Advisor, who this day I would like to give the title of Consul. Narcissa and Semananti are both Scouts, now to be considered Runners amongst this teir for their hard work. Senka will be pronounced are new Hunter. And this is Muerda, a promising Guardian, perhaps?" Though of course the woman had yet to find a role for herself, Elettra through something out there so she didn't well...feel bad, whilst the lot seemed to have found titles of their own. Of course there was no rush for specifics. "Lastly is Guiness Thorben, who as our Guardian will now be given the task of Vigilante, and his sister, Tempest. She is down in the Infirmary as she is very injured, if you have not noticed. She was a very well Hunter within our ranks..." Of course, with her injuries, who knew if her limbs would ever be up to par again. For all Elettra knew, she would move onto Teaching, as she had been well with the children but only time would tell.
Now that everyone knew of one another at least by name and their abilities, as well as Tempest illness, she went on. "Skana." Her silver attention befalls the woman out to her side, a view where she could "When Winter comes I would like for you to keep around the pack den mainly. You have been my Second for quite some time and a well Guard to the pups. If something happens, others will look to you..." Though of course Elettra had no intention of running off and getting lost, shit happened. Besides, this was a secret way amongst the crowd of telling Skana she wanted the woman to be okay. Her limbs were doing their worst to her and the Winter season would not help. If she spent time caring for the pups and guarding the den as she did mainly (seconding in protecting Tempest) then she would be less in pain. After all, her work as an Advisor did not require travel as perhaps Guarding, Scouting and Hunting did. After all, she had done well enough to teach the pups a thing or two already. "Last I would like to mention is my intention of travel...." Her eyes shift to Angier then, who, as many else, did not know of her plans until now. "Now that Angier has ascend, it will be he who commands while I am gone." It would be quite the test for the Lyall, to see just how well he would be able to handle Leading the pack whilst she was not at his side. "I will be making a trip over the Pass to visit the other packs on the other side of the Lore. I am certain of Swift River and Grizzly Hollow's new location there, as well as Phineas founded pack..." Although these names would mean little to the many in her group that just arrived to the Lore, others such as Guiness, Skana and Angier would make note of these details. "This is strictly business, to take knowledge of the other packs and the Lore's recent happenings of the other side, not a vacation. I will do my best to make it quick, however, it will still be no less then two weeks travel...." Her eyes then shift to her children, holding each of their gaze for a moment. It would be the first time they would do without their mother for such an extended period of time, however, the Archer's window of opportunity was closing. Winter was far to harsh for travel and Spring far too busy for the time. She would seize the moment now. "Narcissa." Her head snaps in the woman's direction, a wild fire burning in her eyes as she looks upon the woman. "I'd have no other. Would you travel at my side?" Perhaps Semananti, an equal Scout, would be hurt by her decision, but Elettra held no regrets. Narcissa was chosen and though Sema did not know, Narcissa has worked very hard in order to gain such a right. Then she turns to Calla, a single ear tipping back as she analyses the youth. "As I said, you may join me in hopes that one of the packs harbor your sister, Taima, which you are in search for." Likely this would spark further attention within Angier. Certainly, Elettra hoped they would be reunited even if Calla decided to stay with her sister. Angier, too, would then know his neice was safe. Taking in yet another deep breath, her head cranes to the side, seeking Angier's gaze. "Anything you'd like to add?" The floor was all his.
(This post was last modified: Oct 30, 2013, 06:40 AM by Elettra.)
Played by Namara who has 114 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Semananti

Semananti listened respectfully, and when it was announced that both she and Narcissa would have the rank of Runner as well as scout, it sparked a challenge in her heart. She had been gone, and Narcissa was probably to think that she was top scout with her absence, but Sema was never afraid to prove a wolf wrong. She was strong and she was a somewhat older member, even if she had left for a time. The news that Angier's niece was in the pack was surprising, and what surprised her more was that Angier stood with Elettra as an equal, meaning that he truly was an alpha. A small smile was placed on her muzzle as she plotted through her plans. She noted that Narcissa would be gone with Elettra to travel across the mountains. Semananti was not the least bit offended.

She knew Elettra was a strong woman who would take care of herself before letting another do so. Still, she saw going with the leader, accompanying her, as a guardian job. This lifted her spirits once more. She had training and scouting to do. She needed, yes, she needed to prove that she was better than the woman who had filled her place. Semananti had no risk of running off, she had sworn on Artemis that she would stay until the end, but some of these other woman didn't look as if they would last a winter under Elettra. As she had learned many to abandon Willow Ridge in the past, like the two enemies of Eletta and the Ridge, Shade and Rosealia. Angier was given a chance to speak, so Sema kept her silence.

Table by PuppyThief
STOCK: ALP-stock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de

[Image: WR3.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#637288;">Speech

The dark girl had been minding herself, keeping clear of her mother on Angier’s instructions, leaving the woman to rest. As it was she had managed to find herself quite the nest of ants to amuse herself with, poking at the mound and watching the black bugs swarm. Playfully she had swatted at them, her head tilting to the side as some continued to scurry this way and that while others had curled into tiny twitching balls. She had just lowered her nose for a better look when her mother had called and her brother had come tearing from the undergrowth pushing her face first into the ant hill. An angry shriek left her mouth as she turned to chase after him, shaking her head to try and shake the angry ants lose.

Of course this caused her to careen straight into the solid trunk of a willow with a yelp, and sitting on her behind she fought down the urge to cry and yelp as she once had in chest deep water. Instead she scrunched her eyes shut. Blowing air forcefully through her nose, she shook her head again and got back to her feet, making her way as quickly as she could to the gathering, glaring vexatiously at @Skoll as she took her seat near An-gurr, and swiped her paw down over her muzzle to dislodge the last of the ants and ease some of the smarting ache that made her eyes water still.

She listened closely as her mother spoke, pointing out each of the new wolves and committing their faces and names to memory, sitting up a little taller in the process. Her peach hued eyes rested on each with the same superiority that often gleamed in her mothers eyes. She was a princess after all, and that was a big enough job all on it’s own.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Whisper who has 32 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Calla Lyall
OOC: Quick post - Then work. I'll add my table in later. :)

Calla listened as she had sat towards the back, nervous and uncertain about what was really going on. The pale yearling had been part of a pack before but that was only her mother and fathers pack. She always had siblings to look towards for what to do. Here, she was virtually alone save for her uncle who she knew, if only by name and in brief meetings. Since she was but a yearling with no true task or rank within the pack, she remained silent as Elettra spoke to the pack members of Willow Ridge. It wasn't until Elettra spoke about going over the mountains that she sat up, golden orbs widening. Oh, she would like that very much indeed!

"I would very much like to come with you, yes.." Her voice, when she spoke was oddly soft to her ears. It was strange to be singled out by their leader in such a large pack, but not unwanted. Calla wagged her tail, but managed to remain seated for the time being. She wanted to badly to find Taima, to reunite her family that it was almost impossible to remain still. But she did. Her eyes slid towards Angier, the only other family member aside from her sister in the Lore. Since her return, she hadn't seen hide nor hair of him, but she had kind of kept to herself for the first few weeks of her arrival. Learning some healing under Elettra was no laughing matter, and learning her way around places she had only heard of.

Now, however, she wondered if she would find the time to talk to her uncle about what had happened when the Lyall family had uprooted itself and left. She had been barely a year old at the time, and mostly concerned with the missing members of their family during their departure. Why had father really left in the first place? Was the sickness he spoke of truly even a threat? It was puzzling, and she wished to form bonds with her family - not just the immediate ones. Wait... was Angier mated to Elettra? Did that mean the pups were now her cousins? Golden eyes turned towards Elettra's visible offspring in curiosity. Perhaps that was also something to ask her uncle.
user posted image
Played by Lightning who has 136 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben

Slowly, members of the pack began to steadily trek into the den. If anyone acknowledged his presence he would give a swift nod of his head in acceptance to the members that addressed him. When Semananti came in the Guard looked at her for a moment, glad that his companion had returned. He gave her a slightly more respectful dip of his head than he had the rest of the members, having spent much more time with her than the others. It was not long before their new alpha, Angier, locked gazes with him and the two shared a brief, silent understanding of one another. As he walked by, Guiness gave another respectful bow to his superior before lifting himself up taller.

When it seemed as though everyone was here to Elettra’s standards, she began the meeting. One of the things that she loved quite dearly about the woman was how she got quickly to the point and never dragged anything out of proportion. He listened attentively, noting every word that she was saying and storing the information in his brain. Their numbers had once again grown and many new members were in their ranks. The children would be safer now with more members, but it also meant that we would have more mouths to feed. When his own named was called and he was given another title, he dipped his head in respect and thanks for his lady, listening to the other titles that were given. When she spoke to Skana about the pups, he knew that it would be alright. The woman would have him in the area as well if anything went amiss, as he was constantly taking care of his sister. El’s trip came as a shock to him, but when she heard of Phineas’s name accompanied with what she was saying, it made more sense to him. He would also make sure to keep an eye on the little ones while she was gone.

Pillar of Strength
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

You discovered a deer that was killed by a lynx. +3 Health

Played by Jess who has 86 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Asriel Archer

The prince's keen eyes watched as, one after the other, wolves joined the congregation. The only few that he gave any form of facial expression to were Narcissa, Skana and his siblings. Narcissa was a lovely lady- one he trusted and he knew that his mother trusted as well. He liked it when he met up with his mother, only to be able to tell by scent that she'd been spending time with Narcissa. That was exactly what they needed- a strong female who could be his mother's go-to for anything who was trustworthy and reliable. Not to mention, beautiful as well- he liked the look of her, her pleasant features and her bright eyes. She was well-put together, looked strong and healthy, and all of these things were important in the recipe for a good wolf.

He knew Skana more as his mother's second-in-command than anything- and though his relationship with her was more or less strictly business, and he had yet to get to know her personally, she was his mother's beta and therefore worthy of his admiration and respect. He trusted his mother's judgement and had no reason to condemn her. His siblings seemed to think the world of her- he would have to get to know her better.

The tension between his brother and sister was palpable. Skoll had arrived first and Asriel didn't give him a second glance; he'd been there first and felt like the more established prince in that moment. His sister lagged behind with a sour expression on her face and traces of dirt on her nose. She shot a look full of spite toward Skoll and began to clean some of the dirt from her nose. At that moment, his fiery gaze was sent back to Skoll. He'd make sure his brother paid for whatever he'd done to put Morganna in the wrong mood. They were supposed to take care of her, protect her, make sure she was comfortable- rather than hurt her nose. He peeled just a corner of his lips back- enough to reveal a small flash of teeth in a warning to Skoll. If he'd done something to Morganna, he'd have to pay for it. Not now, but later.

He listened with pride as his mother spoke. She introduced the pack members and he felt irked for a moment that his name hadn't been spoken ahead of Skoll's, but perhaps because she'd saved the best for last. His eyes gazed around coolly as his mother introduced each wolf, before straying back to her when she mentioned travelling. For a moment, he thought they'd all be going somewhere- until she expressed the fact that it was a mission...One she would share with Narcissa, and Asriel's warm gaze went to the female he liked so much. A worthy companion. She also invited Calla, a young, pretty female. When the floor was opened to comment, he thought briefly of asking to go with her- but with winter coming soon and their alpha female out for a mission, they'd need guardians. He'd stay and do that, even though he wanted dearly to go with his mother and keep her safe...Perhaps he would ask her in private, afterwards. <b style="color:#101115;">

Table by PuppyThief - STOCK: Dawnthieves.de

Played by Kira who has 80 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Narcissa Thanos

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#6B3815;">
As the woman took a quick peek around the area at her fellow Ridge members, she felt a small sense of dignity. These wolves were pack mates and while most of them were strangers, she knew that these were wolves who Elettra agreed were fit for the job. Quietly, Narcissa did as instructed. She had taken a moment to contemplate the size of their pack and the significance of their power. At the mention of an increase in numbers, Narcissa felt another patch of pride swallow her. Yes, she had gone and invited most of the folks that were now here at the meeting and with that she had done her job that Elettra had given her right from the start.
It was then that she began introducing those around the tawny woman’s person and she watched with care as she devoted all the names to memory. Eventually her name was passing over as a scout alongside Semananti; even though she felt a twinge of protectiveness over her title, she didn’t feel the necessary urge to beat Semananti out. It simply had not arrived for the moment and she was not bothered by its absence. At the words of care hinted towards Skana, Narcissa understood—Skana was an important asset to the Ridge and had become a friend to Elettra and therefore she was not to be messed with.
Travel? Narcissa thought idly of it, wondering if this was the travel that she had mentioned in private. She continued to speak on the intricacies of what the traveling included but she couldn’t help but feel like it was a death wish should the winter get worse within a few weeks. A smile lit her face as her name was mentioned and with that, she was elected to take the journey with the Queen. “I’d be a fool to decline,” she lowered her head in kind for being given such a task and she would certainly take it well. It did not bother her, however, that Elettra had also turned her head to ask another one of their newer recruits if they wished to accompany them. The woman apparently was looking for someone and although she wished to always be alone with the Queen, she understood that something’s were necessary.

i’ve got lots of inspiration right now for narcissa so
i'm looking for more threads,  message me if you'd like one!
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Closing this up with a short reply. If @Angier would like to say something, Grey, feel free to reopen it for his response.

Everything was made clear. Those whom did not speak, forever held their peace and those who did offered no more and no less then agreement for what their Leader had spoken to them. Silently, her pale attention shifts between all her members, those new and old both in age and time within Willow Ridge. She would be left to wonder who would make themselves known within the lands. Who would not survive the harsh Winter to come and those who did survive, who would leave the lands for something else once spring came to them. Now, her eyes befall Angier, awaiting to hear out anything that he might say. Elettra was finished, a woman when it came to meetings to speak much but speak it quickly. Now, she moves, addressing a conclusion to the meeting with a dip of her muzzle and exit back into the pack's den.