497 Users Online
Bing, Google

Return of the King
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
I know! This is doing wonders for his health. xD

Her direction was not one he might have tolerated before, but with the food beneath his paws causing his mouth to salivate he wasn't how much longer he could hold out for. It was with relief that she began to move towards the exit of the thicket they hide amongst. Without a word he let her go. He wasn't going to stop her from leaving and as grateful for the meal as he was he still knew there was an unease between them and that any trust that once was, was no more. It seemed anytime he allowed himself to rely on another they would happily stab him in the back. Ironic really, because he did the very same to others. It was only what he deserved. Still, there was a meal before him and he was a starving animal. He was going to consume every last inch of it. And that was what he did, as soon as she was out of range he dropped forcefully to his belly and tore the creature limb from limb. Every inch of fur, meat and bone was consumed and when he was done he ensured to lick every drop of blood from his mouth and paws.
That was when he heard the sounds of something being dragged. He'd been so consumed with cleaning the remains from his body he had not thought of her actually returning, despite her words. He should of that moment to run and hide from her, left the rabbit and ran, but what good would it have done by this point? She was a scout. A tracker by nature. She would have found him for she was far fitter then he. He was a sitting duck. At her mercy, whether he liked it or not.

It was a good job he had stayed. Moments later she appeared with a shining beacon of hope. Not just a small, insignificant creature by the hind leg of a moose. A damn moose. He could feel the saliva dripping from his parter lips and splattering onto the floor. A natural reaction from the scent of the blood. The creature was fresh, but not fresh enough for her to have felled it herself. Hell, even he would have trouble to take down a moose alone and he was a God afterall. So maddened by the smell was he that he dove straight in, ripping and tearing whatever fell between his lips. So consumed was he that he didn't even notice her slide alongside him and offer her warmth. It was such a simple gesture, but one that had he been paying more attention would have caused a great unease. Not because he wanted to kill her like he did the last female he let touch him, but because he would have to doubt his distrust in her. He could not, would not, question it again. He could trust no one. Not even her.

It was all too soon before his belly was full. His stomach had shrunk and he had taken enough to make him feel drunk, though it seemed hardly anything at all. He would store the rest once she had left and seek out the remains she had noted. Dizzy from the food high he collapsed to the floor, his head resting upon her side as he caught his breath, his eyes closed to stop the world from spinning around him as his body went to work at attacking the food that was now snugly in his gut. For a moment, just that brief moment he felt almost normal. Something he had not felt in months. He did not feel angry. Betrayed. Hurt. He just felt there, just felt whole. But then he had to open his eyes, compose himself and pull away from her, shifting inches to the side in a crawl. He was unsure of what to say, so he said nothing and instead moved so that they no longer touched as he lay upon the floor. He would not mark her with his scent, though it would have been a pleasure to do so and claim her as his own. In that moment, despite the whole trust issue, he would gladly have followed her to anywhere but home. For the moment, she was his only beacon in a world of darkness and it would only be a matter of time before her light for him went out. Like everything else in his life- she too would abandon him soon enough.
[Image: winteriscoming-mg.png]
Played by Jess who has 343 posts.
Inactive II. Scout
Sagacity
Though Sagacity was hungry and the scent of blood and taste of it upon her lips made her even more peckish, she stayed out of his way. A starving wolf could still launch a fearsome attack and she didn't want to come between Rhysis and his prey; now that he had a bit of energy and the little bit of blood he had in him had begun to boil with bloodlust, she knew that he could still overpower her in an instant. She remained by his side, doing her best to avoid eye contact with him so that she could be little more than a warm comfort, not competition for the meal. She could find something later, she told herself; she could scrounge a bit from the rest of the meal, maybe, to take back to Mercy...She'd do something, but now was not her time to eat.

Once he finished eating, he moved away from her side, and she looked at him starkly. But he knew already the words she spoke to him next, and she appreciated that she didn't have to break the news to him as a surprise. "You shouldn't come back to the mountain." She said, her voice was soft and laced with regret. She looked away. "Naira has taken Mapplethorpe as her mate; they won't have you," She said, eyes dimming. She knew that this meant that although she'd found him again, she couldn't have him. "I'll do everything I can for you. But you have to remain lost..." And her voice trailed off. "I'm sorry." She didn't want to admit that she would have to abandon him. Her heart told her not to, but her heart belonged to another.

"I have to stay...He wouldn't survive the winter," She said, and paused, and then explained. "Our son."

Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
BOOM. Information overload. xD

It was odd that silence was never uncomfortable with her. Even before, when they were complete strangers, they communicated how they should - with their bodies. Every movement that she made he studied as carefully now as he did back then. They spoke to each other with movement rather than words. It was a quality he admired in her, even now though she was the enemy.
When she broke the silence though, it was not with words he had expected. She didn't want him to return home... for his own safety. He was unsurprised that Naira had taken Thorpe as her own. She was a weak woman. She always needed a male at her side to rule. The poor thing was more screwed up then him, forever seeking out love where she simply wouldn't find it. If she wanted to shack up with the wrinkly old git then so be it. It would not stop him from ripping her tongue from her mouth, though in truth the news that what was once his property now belonged to another his blood did boil; yet he remained as passive as possible. He could not show his cards yet. It was too early in the game for allies, despite how desperatly he wanted to believe that she might be on his side.

"I will not go back there, yet." he said, though ensured to give no expiration on his words. He would return as soon as he was able, but not to reclaim his throne. Mapplethorpe was welcome to it. At her apology he glanced over to her. His eyes meeting hers for a brief moment as he felt the scincerty in her words. She really was sorry that he could not return. It was not just her words, but something more that would almost cause him to believe her. Yet then she hit him with another blow. A blow so heavy that he almost felt the breath leave his lungs. They had a child together? It was not something he had expected to hear. Not now. Not ever. Gobsmacked came to mind as he simply looked at her, wide-eyed and utterly confused. It was not that he had forgotten their affair. On some days it was all he was able to think about, something so raw and passionate, but to have created yet another life? A chlid which he did not share with Naira. He had no clue what he felt about it. It was simply an overload of information which his tired mind was unable to compute. "I... We?" he began, his voice still hoarse and more of a whisper then the powerful thing it had once been. Falling silent he took a breath, closed his eyes and allowed himself just a moment to form a sentence. He could question paternity. He could ask a name, or even after the boys health but he already had screwed up his other children. His son Adonis was who knew where, likewise with Datura. His daughters were dead or missing and he had no idea he had more daughters waiting for him up on the mountain. Another litter which would never know their father. Why would this son be any different? A bubble of anger bubbled up, but he swalloed it back down. It was not her fault. None of this was her fault and only Naira was to blame. She was doing what was best for her child, their child, and who was he to suggest otherwise. "I will stay away from you both." he then declared and took his gaze from her and out into the rain, the defeat within him apparent not just physically but in his very aura.
Inactive II. Scout
Sagacity
Something told her that he had other plans. The qualifier made her wonder what those plans were- would he return in the Spring when he was stronger and challenge Mapplethorpe? Would he honestly return to his place as king and founder of the pack alongside Naira and if he did- did he still have feelings for her? Sage felt a pang of envy once again...She'd had to hide this when Rhysis and Naira had been mates before, but had had no problem once Rhysis had gone. He'd left Naira too, after all, so he couldn't have been completely happy with her. But it was in his tone that she sensed something was amiss, that his plans would have chilled her bones- and so, she did not inquire further. She knew there was no stopping him, but hoped only for the best, as far as his safety was concerned, as well as that of her son.

He was surprised and she felt very guilty that she'd brought this upon him. It was with quiet, dark resolution that he agreed to stay away from them, and though it brought Sagacity relief- knowing that should Naira find out about the boy's true lineage, he'd likely be killed- she didn't like the feeling of having Rhysis kept away from her son. He needed to know the truth- she didn't want him to stay away- but she needed him to. "I...I told Naira I found him alongside his dying mother. She believes me. They all do. Even he does," She said, ashamed at having to lie to her son- but it was for his own good. "I had to do what I had to do, to make sure he lived." She admitted, and quietly: "He's the only piece of you I have left." She sought out his gaze for a moment, feeling vulnerable after having made that admission. "He has your eyes." She said, then, and the faintest trace of a smile came to her lips. No one else seemed to notice it, but it was as though she could look into Rhysis' eyes every time she looked into Mercy's, and it brought her a mixed feeling of pain and joy- but she loved it nonetheless.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
Her admission surprised him further. She had lied to Naira? He had heard that a mother would do anything for their child, but he had yet to actually witness the act. His mother had watched him suffer as a child. Naira had fled into the night with their son after only a few weeks of their birth. He had no inclination as to what made a true mother, but he had always heard stories as a young boy of a mother who was so strong and loved her children so much that she actually protected them from all evil. Was he too, the evil that she protected her child from?
He understood her action; Naira might pretend to be BFF's with the females in the pack, or had been when he had been around, but she was a selfish thing and she would not appreciate him having had an affair, let alone baring another child. Unbeknown to him that she too had dabbled with another. They were as bad as each other yet he would admit that were he in her position, he too would likely have sent the child away.

"I am glad they did not take him from you." he added, but fell silent again as she began to talk more quietly. He could have apologised for leaving her to deal with it alone, but he hadn't exactly planned to be kidnapped so he would not offer her false words. She deserved better then lies and fake apologies.
Her words were touching, even to him, but there was little he could do to give her what she wanted. He was a wolf without power. Without a home. He had nothing to offer and she was no fool- she had to stay where there was food, shelter and a place for her son, their son, to grow up. If he were able to give her that he would steal her away, steal them both away, but he simply did not have the means to provide a home, not yet, and it only caused his blood to boil. "You should have torn his eyes out. The poor kid should have nothing to do with me." he retorted with more venom then he meant. Spiralling into a hole of self-pity did not bring out the best in him. At times like these he would normally hatch a plan. Set off to make himself a new pack, third times a charm and all that, but with his health being as poor as it was and having no one to follow him, it was but a distant pipe dream. One day he would rise again, but that day was not today and it would not be tomorrow. He could not, would not ask her to wait for him and he knew deep down that this would most likely be their last time together.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

A bear has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health

Inactive II. Scout
Sagacity
He seemed to calm when she spoke of him a bit more, and she nodded. Had Naira decided to kill him or take him as her own, Sagacity would have fought and lost. The two most likely would have been killed in one fell swoop- she by Naira's claws and teeth, and Mercy by simply being abandoned without a mother to care for him. She'd needed the child, the only tangible thing she had to remind herself of Rhysis and the short but passionate love affair they had had. She thrived on her love for him which had been translated into their son, even when he was being trivial and difficult. Even though Mercy had disowned her recently, she still cherished and loved the boy, even through the insults and stubbornness. He was, after all, Rhysis' son, and she loved him all the more for the parts which reminded her of his father- even the bad parts.

Which was why she was not terribly surprised to see the same angst present in the father. She didn't expect it, and his words stung her. She recoiled, disliking not the fact that he was being so moody, but because he was being immature. How much good would it have done her to tear out the eyes which reminded her of him? It'd make the others suspicious, jeopardize the boy's life and make him incapable of hunting. Though she knew he wasn't being serious, she didn't like the meaning behind his words; it was as though he wished she had nothing left of him to hang onto. Like he was telling her to stop caring for him.

She ignored the insulting words, though it did nothing to make her feel satisfied with their reunion. She knew he was being stubborn and trying to push her away- maybe because he wanted the best for her- but she refused to let that happen. "I love his eyes." She said, and paused. "I want him to meet you. Not now, but when he's old enough, when the time's right. I want him to know the truth when it's safe for him to know."

Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
We can leave it here or carry it on? Up to you! I hate to end it so soon though. ;__;

Perhaps she was not as smart as he thought. She took pride in the parts of her son that reminded her of him. He was not worth remembering, not even his mate of the past two years wanted to remember he existed. She must have been a fool to consider such things as precious. She recoiled as he spoke. He knew it was harsh but it was for the best for them both. He had never been much of a loving man and anger was his way of showing he cared. He shouldn't care of course. She too had left him to his death, but he could not help the way that his blood warmed at the mere smell of her. That her eyes, though upset, melted the ice inside his veins. They had always been the same, a pure, animal reaction to one another and it appeared that time apart had not changed that about them. If anything it made him want her even more. Seeing her so close had been tough, calling her over had perhaps been a mistake but he had been unable to help himself and now that they lay so close yet so far apart he could almost feel her heart beating through the dirt beneath his body. Damn her.

"Meet me? I thought you loved your son. What a ridiculous idea." he scoffed, his nose wrinkling, despite the sting of the scar that ran from its tip to the corner of his eye, at the very idea. "Tell him his father is dead, do the kid a favour and cut all ties with me." After all, who would want him as a father? Not just once a fallen King but twice. Alone in the world. A wanted man to many. Murderer of his own daughter. She should snap him up and run back to the mountain, never looking back for him. Despite his harsh words however, the defeat in him was unmistakable. He had fallen hard. Unlike before he had not lost his mind, he felt every sting of his packs betrayal. He felt hurt that Naira had not even bothered to look for him and instead had taken another to lead and be hers. As he had been when he came into this world, he was alone. No matter who came in and out of his life they always left him. Sagacity would do the same for herself and their son. When she left here today he would be alone once again. Starting from the bottom and working his way up. Some days he just didn't feel the fight he used to. The anger he had inside him since the day he was born was all that kept him going. Angry at himself, at the world and now it seemed at her for something that was nothing more then lust... or was it really love?

"You would both be better off without me, my beautiful siren." he whispered softly before he rose to stand. Slowly, but as proudly as he could no matter how much it hurt his bruised bones, he sauntered to the entrance of the thicket. "Go home and do not think of me again." he said with a final glance over his shoulder where he fell deeply into her eyes. Without another word, he left the thicket, unable to hide the limp that caused him too much pain to conceal. Out into the rain he went, not looking back to see if she might follow.
Inactive II. Scout
Sagacity
Half points for Sage, half for Mercy, if it's possible, since she'd bring the rest back for him..

He was being self-deprecating and she didn't appreciate it. He wanted to push the world away and wallow in his own self-pity? She'd known that he could be selfish, as he had been in his ways with her and Naira, but this was taking things a step too far. She flattened her ears and did not appreciate the extent to which he was going to push her away. She felt insulted that he was doing this and wanted to make a comment which would reference his relationship with Naira just to make him see how angry he was making her...But she bit her tongue. Her gaze grew fiercer and fiercer, but she did nothing to allow her catlike tongue to ruin their moment. "I won't." She said stubbornly; she wasn't willing to let him win. Mercy wouldn't know about his father unless she decided the time was right- but it would happen someday. Now that she knew Rhysis lived, albeit in a terrible condition, she would eventually tell him the truth.

What kept her from becoming just as volatile as Rhysis was the hurt that he showed. She could see that his words were a double edged sword and that it hurt him to say those words. He didn't want to push himself away, but he needed to do it anyway. She hated him for it but knew that it needed to be done...But still, she wanted him only at arm's length. Close enough to touch, but far enough that she couldn't feel the beat of his heart.

He pulled himself to his feet and regained some of his former glory. She rose too, knowing that their meeting was over. She told herself, though, that this would not be the last that she would see of him. She silently watched him begin to saunter away, without following him. But instead of simply letting him go in silence, she called out. "I will find you again, someday. You will be my king again." She said. Her gaze lingered on him for a moment before she too departed. When she came upon the half-eaten carcass of a deer, she thought to call out to him again- but he'd been selfish and likely would not come back. So she filled her belly with as much as she could eat without feeling too guilty, and carried the rest back to the packlands, allowing her pelt to become soaked through with the rain, removing all traces of their meeting.