(See All?) Announcements
457 Users Online
Google, Bing, Galen

legend — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

His eyes cast out upon the scene below him, roving the stepper sides of the foothills with mild concern – would any of the pups fall? Would the members be okay here? What if predators? Yet the pups were almost six months of age.. and somehow, stealing a slice of the large mountain of dire was far more tempting than he had initially given credit for. After all, the west side of the mountain harbored more packs – Willow Ridge, Whisper Caverns and Secret Woodlands were a few that he knew of.. on the mountain, competition might have been even scarcer.

One ear flickered in recognition to the yearling’s words. Shifting his bright eyes back to the swarthy male, he noted how refreshing it was to see a proper youth in these parts – he hadn’t expected any less of Narime’s teachings, though. “I never met Aella, but Barak was my father,” he finally offered, delving further in to the history of his family. He was proud of his family name – despite the fact he and his brothers no longer talked to one another.

But his father was dead, and while he would have pieced the puzzle together on how he and Narime were related somehow, he was far more intent on his current situation.. and with a nod in the direction of the vast forest that broke open, he made to lead them that way – exploration his true goal. “I miss your mother quite a bit,” he finally offered, his tail swaying neutrally behind him as he maneuvered in to the more shrouded darkness of the fir trees. “How do you like the Ridge?”

Played by Sarah who has 16 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Desdemona Rovic
spoopy things. rachel gave me permission to pop in here for the moment :3 just a quick in and out you know how I do~
bear with me for the few pp's here.

Predators indeed.

A pale white skeleton lurked downwind, concealed behind the low-hanging boughs of pine thistles. Her eyes never wandered from the interaction and her ears strained to catch every last drop of conversation that transpired between the two wolves. Little of it was actually any interesting, they spoke of a pack that she remembered from her last visit to these lands: the first failed attempt. She had visited the willows briefly last month before she realized that the target of her ambitions was no longer protected by that dark, possessive bitch that had once stood by her former mate. The weeks and days following that realization were plagued by the search. Through the western valley she had wandered, until she had caught word of some wolves on the other side of the mountains. She was sure Phineas was in the East. From there, it was not long before the she-wolf discovered wolves living in a dale wreathed in pink flowers and how it faltered, how it dwindled. When at last Phineas appeared from the confines of his domain, she knew the moment was ripe. Desdemona followed him.

Silent Moon Plateau. Interesting.

It looked like Phineas wanted to move his pack away from the magnolias, for reasons Desdemona did not understand nor care to understand. All that mattered was that he was out in the open now. He was vulnerable. His family was vulnerable. She dared to let her heart beat with excitement and a small smile to cross her face.

Eagerly, she retreated farther down the mountain to await her man.
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan followed silently as Phineas began leading them towards the low boughs of the fir trees. Darkness fell like a shroud over the pair of wolves as they moved forward looking around the territory. He nodded at the grand Argyris male's words before pausing as they passed a particularly smelly plant. It was a vibrant orange and brown, low growing leafy thing that Titan didn't know the name of. However he had begun to realize that the plants around them which smelled the most were usually herbs and things that could be used for medicinal reasons. Unknown to the dark Thorben was the name of this plant, Skunkbush, which could be used for a few things in the medical world of Lore. Realizing that he was being left behind, Titan picked up his paws and started after Phineas once more.

Paying more attention to the white wolf, the young Thorben nodded. However he had to wonder what Phineas connection to his mother was. Were they just friends? Simply comrades? Titan wasn't positive, but he kept his opinions and questions to himself as a question pushed away from Phineas's black rimmed lips.

"It's nice there. The willows keep you cool in summer, but they don't really make me feel very safe. Not like the thick woods to the north and west. Or well.. My mothers caverns. The tunnels were always a good place to go when you felt scared or needed shelter from a storm, but they are cold and wet sometimes. " Titan bit his lip trying to explain a little better. "I mean, the tree's there are nice but not thick or tall enough for me. I like small spaces and being able to hide. So being under the cedars is where I feel best. Though the trees by heartleaf creek are nice too." Titan stopped himself from speaking. He had already blurted out quite a bit and was just realizing that he had definitely gained his mothers loud mouth. Much to the boys dismay.

Swallowing hard and trying to keep it cool, Titan walked on as if he hadn't just completely embarrassed himself. Though as he thought about his answers the youth wonders if he really answered the question at all.

"My new pack mates are nice enough. Elettra and Enoki are awesome. So yeah I guess it's really nice there." He answered more simply trying to hold back the curses he wanted to spray himself with for being such an idiot.

Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

It was as if his past haunted him every chance that arose -- for a moment, he almost could smell Desdemona's tantalizing perfume, as if she were still here..m watching him. The idea itself was ludicrous, and the regal did not even bother to sweep his pumpkin eyes behind his shoulder as he might have done at any other time. Demi was long gone -- seemingly bored with her games after she found him at Willow Ridge. This new land would be his fresh start away from both traitorous females -- form both of his ex-mates.

Instead, his eyes swept across the grand trees, and as the swarthy boy talked at a rather constant rate, Phineas tempted to place his attention on the youth's words, while also taking in the scenery before him. The woods seemed vast, but not too large for a pack to lay claim. It was certainly not like Cedarwood Forest. but the promising scent of prey mingled nearby.

It was in that moment the wolf knew he had found home. His eyes would scan for a den, but would not truly linger upon much. His pack would find or dig one out together -- the pups were at an age now where they too could help with such a task.. and their very first hunt would be in this forest.

With a back wall that seemed to protect them from one side as the mountain was far too steep for any predator or lingerer to stray upon. his eyes swept to his comrade, giving a light nod. He had never understood why Narime had claimed a cavern -- the thought of being so enclosed had not bode well on him.. but to each their own. The pack thrived to this day -- clearly they were more than content with it.

"I am glad to hear of your mother. You could also deliver news to her and to Lady Elettra, if you see fit, that a pack will arise here. And they will call this land Silent Moon Plateau." Authority seemed to well in him once more, pushing out the hesitance he held before. He was past being broken -- he was invigorated now. "I should get back to my pack. We will need to make the move soon," he murmured, slipping past Titan and to the direction they had entered the small woods. Stopping at the boy's side, his muzzle tipped to give a light nudge to the dark male's cheek should he not move, and a small smile pressed to his lips. "It was nice to meet you, Titan Thorben. Should you ever decide you need a change of pace.. my door will be open for you."

Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan stood just behind Phineas's left shoulder, though he was a comfortable distance away from the Argyris male. The dark lads head nodded as the white wolf commented on how he could go to both Nari and El to tell them about the pack who would soon be claiming these lands. A warm smile creased his muzzle as Titan allowed his tail to begin wagging slowly. Then a thought occurred to him causing that wagging tail to slow and stop. Would they like another pack claiming the mountain? His concern was short lived though as Titan mused the idea to himself silently. No I think they may like to know that he's settling with his family in the mountains. Since Mom and El both seem to have known him. Besides the mountains are rather far off. The smile still played upon the dark Thorben's features as he glanced to Phineas's pale form that seemed to glow in the moonlight.

"I'm sure your family is going to love it here, it really is a very handsome territory.." Titan answered the ghostly wolf's murmured words before sighing. "I should probably be getting back too. I have chores to do when I get back." His voice trailed off as Titan's eyes glance to the moon which was becoming covered by a thin misting of cloud. It had an ethereal beauty to it as the landscape became slightly dimmed below and around them.

"It was a pleasure meeting you as well @Phineas, and I'm honored that you would give me an invitation to join you. If things don't go well for me in the future I may come around." Titan craned his silver tipped crown downwards in a respectful and elegant farewell before copying the white wolf's movements and turning himself around. It would take a while to get back to Willow Ridge, and truthfully this perfect landscape was one that Titan didn't want to leave so quickly. He might wander around for a while before heading back. Maybe he would even stay the night and rest under the serene gaze of the pale moon.

(exit)

(This post was last modified: Nov 12, 2014, 03:49 PM by Titan.)
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

The young male was quick to return the pleasantries of their goodbye -- had Phineas the time of the world, he likely would have invited the boy back to Magnolia Glen.. perhaps even to meet his daughter. But he did not, and he did not imagine Elettra would be pleased with the idea of the ivory Argyris stealing one of her subordinates for extra days than was necessary on the boy's journey.

He spoke no more -- he agreed completely of the boy's comments though. The plateau would offer a fresh start to his family, and his paws itched with the desire to do just that. As they departed one another, the ivory wolf attempted to move quickly down the slopes, his paws nimble upon the surface. He would not have wanted t take his six month old children higher up in the terrain, and was thankful that he had found a home that would likely appease the family without having to cross once more in to the west side of the valleys.. After all, there were far too many of them over there, from what he recalled. This also maintained the benefit of moving further from oak Tree Bend, though the pack had not caused them much grief since the winter. If anything, it seemed as if they attempted to avoid the Glen wolves.

As the moon shone down upon him, lightning his path, the Argyris did not even consider to stop for a rest. He was desperate to get back to the Glen so he could take his family home.