(See All?) Announcements
392 Users Online
Bing, Apollo, Claw, Juniper, Google

I Was Here, Now I'm There — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
For @Elettra only. Sorry it took so long.

She had been slightly dreading the trip that she had been meaning to take the Willow Ridge for days now, but she knew that she needed to get the news out there and done with. Her mate’s former partner deserved to know what was going on with him as well as the devastating news that Nina had to bring about her first born. It took her a few days to reach her final destination but in the end she knew that meeting was worth it. On her way from Secret Woodlands, Nina had gone out of her way to go collect the small amount of ergot back in her former territory to bring to the woman. They did have an alliance and Nina owed El much. Winter was now here and herbs were rapidly dying.

It did not take Nina very long to set down her herbs that she had brought for Elettra and tip her head back to release a small song of her own in time to call for the rebel woman. The last time they had seen one another had been around the time of war. Then right after Nina had gotten pregnant and had not been able to make any trips back towards Willow Ridge. Tacoma’s passing had made it all the harder to leave, but with reassurances from Hollow, she knew she could make this trip. Being gone for a long time was not something she particularly liked doing, but it had to be done. The Secret Woodlands alpha was just happy to know that Willow Ridge and Whisper Caverns were not very far from one another, leaving Nina in the position to where she would not have to worry about traveling over the mountains or anything else that took too much effort with her body. With a soft sigh, she sat there, content in making sure that the herbs were secure and that she would have time to talk to Elettra.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Tis quite alright.

The familiar call echoed through the chilled winds, brushing along the dead hanging branches of the drooping willow trees until it reached the twitching erect ears of Elettra Archer. She had not seen the woman in some time, if not more then because of the fact that it took a manner of a few days to reach her. Elettra rarely traveled more then a day out though as her children grew, her freedom enhanced. Soon she would be on her journey over the mountains before winter struck and she held a security that the pack would do well enough without her for the time being now that Angier had accent the throne.
Howling out in response to the one-eyed maiden, Elettra took quick strides into the woman's direction, a bound in her steps which lacked the otherwise heavy limp she had been harboring for weeks upon weeks. She was nearly fully healed with only scarring along her lower forelimb to show for, such nicks and scraps to be easily overlooked as battle over the years of life. Breathing in deep the autumn breeze and the scent of Nina Reinier, Elettra howls out to make certain the woman knows she had nearly arrived. As she nears her borders, she woofs to her ally, her tail waving in well greeting of the woman she had not seen in some time. Despite whatever ill news she held, the woman looked healthy, well, and certainly much more off then she had when she had spent time within Willow Ridge some time ago. "Nina, it's been some time..." She coos, making way towards the other woman until they are close and it is here where Elettra settles down before her, eyes scanning both her and the ergot at her footing.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The alpha of the Woodlands pack did not have to wait long until the familiar voice of her comrade called out to her in answer. It was nice knowing that she had caught the woman in a moment where they would meet and discuss. Patiently, Nina continued to wait, her ears pricking forward when she heard a call, much closer to her this time, announcing the arrival of her ally. When the regal woman did step through the shadows, Nina dipped her head out respect for the older woman and nodded her head in greeting. Once the other alpha had settled down, the Healer nudged her offering towards the woman, being once again reminded of the time when she had been in need of the woman’s expertise in healing. "Winter is coming…and I don’t quite remember how near ergot was for you." she spoke quietly and in soft tones, her emerald gaze staring at the ground for a moment before raising her gaze to meet that of the other woman’s.

It was now that she would have to deliver the bad news and even though it hurt her dearly to even think about it, she knew she had to. Taking a deep breath, she spoke as evenly as she could, her voice wavering slightly, "Koda has left…I believe he has regained a majority of his memories, but he needed to leave for awhile and in the meantime, Hollow is filling in for him…" she paused for a moment, trying to gather herself as she said her next words, "And my son…Prince Tacoma, has left us in an untimely manor." Her voice was quite soft by the end of what she had said. Nina then waited, patiently awaiting the other woman’s response to her words. In all honestly, the golden brown lady had no clue as to how Elettra would react but Nina hoped it would not be in a negative way.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Nina's offering was met with a thump of her plush tail against the ground, a paw lifting to toe at the ergot as she scooted it more towards her, head lowering to offer it a small sniff and a lick of it's freshness. Picked this morning, fresh and ready and as she sniffed and taste, she renewed her memory with the herb as she had time and time before. "Thank you. With Winter coming, we are of course on shorter supply. Not to mention, one of ours is quite ill - Tempest." She freely mentions Tempest's illness and the slight weakness her pack was undergoing due to the time and effort that was placed into the woman who could not, at the moment, care for herself. Surely, Nina would like to know of the news now that she was hear to know of it and perhaps with it, word could be sent to Sloane if Nina had intention of visiting there, as well.
Nina's breath is deep then, heavy and it seems something ominous is about to stir with her words. Elettra's silken black ears perk high to listen, stilled at the words which she speaks. Elettra had hoped for the day Koda's memories would return to him and with it, the deep partnership they had with one another. Though the good news was only there to smooth over the bad, as he was now gone, out of Elettra's reach once more.And then... Elettra tenses to the news of one of Nina's children having died. Surely, more had died over the Lore, gone missing, were ill or in other ways not as well off as Elettra's own. Elettra would not speak out about it, if only for a fear that it would jinx the good wellness of her kin. "Nina, I-" Elettra finds herself stopping in mid-sentence, holding her tongue there as she looks upon the woman, eye to eye in this and, a filling of sorrow in her expression. Elettra knew about loosing children more then Nina would ever know, though Elettra's loss had been far from an accident which could have possibly been avoided. It was different. Complicated. Though Elettra knew saying 'sorry' just wouldn't cut it. Perhaps there was nothing she could say to make her feel better, but she understood her, if nothing else. "Do you know when Koda will return?" She then changes the subject to better the air.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

With her own bad news came some from Elettra’s own. Of course her mind immediately went to Tempest’s well being when her illness was mentioned, but her afterthoughts went to her close friend, Sloane. Of course, Nina had to ask the question, for his state of well being would also affect her, "Does Sloane know?" She asked this softly, quietly, as if she were still afraid of interrupting someone’s sleep. There was then that silence between them that came with her horrid news and for a second Nina thought that El was actually going to express her apologizes about what happened, but then it seemed as though the woman made second thoughts and clamped her mouth shut. Nina did not know anything about the Willow Ridge woman’s past, but somewhere deep inside of her Nina knew that the woman would understand. Better than anyone in her pack would be able to, El would understand her, as El was older than most within her own pack and therefore much wiser.

When she asked her next question to avoid the hovering topic of her son, she grimaced slightly. That was yet another question she did not know the answer to. "I don’t know," she started before continuing hesitantly, "All he told me was that he was going away for…awhile. He doesn’t know when he is coming back." Silently she hissed to herself within her thoughts, If he comes back. The thought had been plaguing her ever since Tacoma had fallen and she feared that her children would not have their father. Sure that was Hollow to look up to for their father figure, but their biological father, so far he hadn’t been there, at least for the most of what her children could remember. Nina had once hoped that her children would grow up with a family…but now one of the key parts was missing and she didn’t know what to do.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
"I'm certain he does not." She speaks on behalf of Sloane, mate to Narime. Elettra had only a pleasure of meeting him a handful of times (actually, perhaps only once?) though knew him to be a well enough wolf. It was Narime whom came to Elettra when something was needed of the Whisper Caverns wolves, often in medical help and just as often returned with food which Narime was more then capable of supplying to the Ridge wolves. Elettra actually preferred it this way, seeing Narime over Sloane. It was she who was her former member after all, she who was her friend and she who had granted the two pack's allies. "Tempest's state is critical. I've commanded Guiness not leave her side, to clean and feed her when I am not touching up on her wounds to see that they do not infect and perhaps heal quicker with aid. I do not think he would have intention of straying even if I did not permit it." Of course, Elettra could have perhaps sent out one of her two Scouts to the pack (which was fairly close by) in order to tell the Cavern Lead male the news but, come to think of it, until Nina spoke of it now it had not even crossed Elettra's mind. Hey, Elettra might be magnificent, but she was not perfect.
Elettra's ears would then fall back to the news of Koda, a sigh gracing the matriarch's lips as she settled down, taking in the news for yet another few more silent moments. The travel Nina had taken to come here was only marred with ill news, but news that need by said anyhow. Would Koda ever return? It was the pain of loosing a friend, a mate, which made Elettra sympathize further for Nina. After all, fatherless children was something Elettra's own were going through. Still, not one out of the three bothered ask of their father, who thought it better to leave the lands then step up to be there for them. They were best without. Perhaps @Kiche knew this too. "I do hope your pack is still well? ...Winter is coming." She speaks aloud, wondering how the pack was doing under knew leadership, if any, and if her allies further to the north were well prepared enough for the dangers to come.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The subject was dropped for the most part, to which Nina was relieved by and it was time to listen to those of Willow Ridges more urgent manners. It seemed as though Elettra pack had suffered a hit as well and she felt bad for her best friend, who had done everything in his power to stay close to his family and yet still the communication between the two packs was practically nonexistent. It was understandable though. She was sure that Elettra was plenty busy caring for her young and getting ready for winter, which was approaching far faster than anyone had anticipated. Her single eye watched Elettra’s slight movements, listening to her words and making sure to store them in her brain. If Tempest needed her brother as a continuous aid then something definitely had to have been wrong with her. Nina had no reason to ask if she needed to look out for anything though because she trusted that the Archer woman would let her know of any threats should they arise. All the packs had learned their lessons well in the year prior because of that exact reason.

Her eye refocused on Elettra when she spoke again, her words jarring certain information she had meant to share with the woman. <b style="color:#008080">”Thank you, Elettra, I wish the same to your own…your words reminded me…Mirren and Nios Tainn, sons of Ruiko and Aeylen, have returned to the lore. While Mirren stays within Secret Woodlands, Nios had decided that it is not his place to stay. I do wonder if the rest of them are here too though…” This news…it wasn’t exactly bad news, but it wasn’t a very pleasant one either. From what she had gathered, when Aeylen and Ruiko had left, they had gone with the intentions of starting over. If they had indeed returned, it would not only be a punch in the gut to Nina, but it would also be a sour reminder that they had left their pack and when winter had been fast approaching at that. Luckily, Nina and the others of the former Copper Rock Creek pack had stuck together, and though only two remained now, she was glad she had them by her side.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra Archer too found herself well adapt to abandonment. There had been many wolves within the country of Torbine, many amongst the guard, the nurses, the bands outside of the main pack...So much that the young princess did not know everyone who had come and who had went, nor did she bother herself to care, ether. Joining these lands, Borden led her to the first of major disappointments and although she had willed herself to be her own ruler then, Leadership did not come easy and harboring it was not easy ether. None of the founding members of the Willow Ridge pack remained in the ranks. None were even known to be in the lands savor the plesant Narime. Many had come, many had left. Most of the wolves who joined did well to dedicate themselves to caring for the pack while they were here and so thought less of when leaving for change of scenery. Some who left did her wrongly, leaving her to curse their names and some, pained her by the loss from what she hoped would be a permanent resident. After her first year of Leadership she learned to deal, to cope and so, worked her members hard and strong while she had them until they decided to leave. ...They would be replaced.
Her ears perked, hearing the names of Ruiko's sons and of their return. She had not thought of Ruiko in quite some time. He had left the lands and so, left her and whatever alliance or friendship they might have held. The man which had so jaded her had been swallowed by @Phineas towering form, and then he too had gone, washed away like another failed attempt at moving on. Perhaps amongst her own might there was little room for another overly dominant, prideful Leader and so fit in Angier. "If I see Ruiko again, I will mention you and some of his former followers are still together." Although it made little difference now. Ruiko had up and left with his wife and children without bother to bring along the rest of his pack. He abandoned them and now, Nina was the leader of those scorned.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.

Look Out!

There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +7 Health

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
An exit post from you and we're good! <3

Though their meeting was covered in shadows, she was glad to move onto something that wasn’t as torturous. Nina could even go as far to say that she was slightly excited over what was occurring. If Ruiko and Aeylen truly had returned, the former subordinate wished to see them. Truthfully, it was quite embarrassing, but she pushed the thought away, not wishing to show her weakness to the other woman. She looked up to the Archer woman and knew she would not get caught dead admitting this to the woman. El had helped her through far much more than her own parents had and the alpha was forever grateful to the woman for that.

Taking a deep breath, Nina attempted to smile at the woman in front of her. <b style="color:#008080">”Thank you, Lady Elettra…I much appreciate that…but, I believe it is time that I be going now…I can’t be leaving my family for too long anymore.” This fact just added onto the reminder that Koda was no longer with Secret Woodlands and that she would have to get back. It had taken her longer than usual to travel to Willow Ridge and realized that she would not end up having time to go and see Sloane. With one last respectful dip of her head towards Elettra, she turned away from the woman’s territory and started on her way back home. There was much to be done in such a short amount of time before winter consumed them all.