571 Users Online
Bing, Google, Isla, Hazelnut

casual affair
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#222218;">
Lachesis wasn’t the type of wolf to get angry or hold grudges. Like Anastasia, the pale yearling struggled to find the best in every wolf he met – aside from those who immediately rubbed him the wrong way, like Reaper had. He desperately wanted those around him to be happy, even if it meant sacrificing his own happiness. That was all that mattered to the deer-legged boy; he was more concerned of others than himself. Which was precisely why he wasn’t angry at Capella for disappearing. She had given him a valid reason as why she had left, without a word, and the boy didn’t see any point in holding it against her. He had left as well, and had not been there for her when she returned.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#222218;">“I’m sorry I wasn’t there for your return,” he spoke suddenly, allowing his thoughts to spill off his tongue as he met her sunflower-yellow gaze. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#222218;">“Anastasia and I… we just couldn’t be there anymore. It was no longer a home for us – things fell apart after…” He paused, not wanting to speak his former leader’s name aloud. He had worked so hard to put the past behind him and move forward with his life… <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#222218;">“I’m just glad you’re okay. I was so worried… I still worry. About you, and Karpos…” More painful memories started to resurface, clawing their way into his mind and consuming him. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#222218;">“Are you happy there?” He asked suddenly, unable to stop the words from sliding past his lips.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"Speech."
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"You have nothing to be sorry for. You had no way of knowing if I was even coming back." she answered, unable to let him think for even a moment that he had dome something wrong. It was good that he left when he did, that way he didn't have to see the broken pieces of Shade's legacy spilled across the Fen. The pack was in it's final moments, but she knew she had to see it through. Karpos would stay at least until then, and after it was over she could ask him to leave with her. The cub would never give up on Pitch Pine, not so long as there was still hope.

Caught off guard by his question, she let silence rage between them, only interrupted by the light sound of breathing, and the steam caused by it. So long she had pushed her feelings aside, staying for Karpos. He couldn't lose her. Of course not, when he had lost everything else. Although she hated it there, watching Pitch Pine die, and feeling at any second that she was tiptoeing a thin line, she stayed. Why couldn't she be selfish just this once? Finally a sigh escaped her lips, and she began. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"I feel like an intruder there. It's not home anymore, and it won't be a home for anyone soon. There isn't enough food to go around, and I just.. Everything is different now.." She met his gaze with honesty. How could she lie to him?

worlds are ruined this way, and we've all been there time and time again.
[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-size:12px; color:#909892;">
‘I feel like an intruder there.’
It pained the yearling to hear her talk about Pitch Pine, and how she was feeling the same way that he had prior to his departure. As one of his closest friends XIX desperately wanted to see a smile form across her lips and see her bright, sunny eyes light up the way they used to. It was obvious that the pack was falling apart – after Shade’s death nothing was the same. Each wolf had been consumed by grief, unable to adjust to life without the espresso Alpha. His successors had been shuffled around, and it had been difficult to tell who was actually in command. The lack of leadership and the confusion over the role had been a large part of why XIX and his blue-eyed companion had left the pack. There had been no stability.
<b style="font-size:12px; color:#909892;">“You deserve to be happy, Pella,” he commented absently, voice soft as he nosed her cheek once more. <b style="font-size:12px; color:#909892;">“I… I would like it if you joined Cut Rock… and Karpos.” The deer-legged yearling was unable to stop the words that sputtered off his tongue, breaking the silence between them. <b style="font-size:12px; color:#909892;">“That is, if you want to. I know Karpos isn’t particularly fond of me anymore, though.” He wasn’t sure what to say – he just wanted Capella to be in paw’s length once more. It didn’t feel right being separated, and he had missed her terribly during her absence. It would be even better if the shadow prince joined her, but he wasn’t sure what Karpos was going to do. He couldn’t survive without a pack to help him, which meant he would be leaving if the pack disbanded. But where would he go?
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"."
Happiness. Did she really deserve it? Especially when her happiness would break Karpos' heart. In short, no. She couldn't leave again, not until the very end. When the dark cub would have to make his decision, she could ask him to leave with her. Then together they could make the journey to Lachesis, and everything would be alright. Unfortunately, she was afraid to hear the dark male's answer. Lachesis and Anastasia were a touchy subject around the Fen, especially when it came to Karp. She found it easiest to avoid the subject altogether, which in the end only caused her more grief. Worrying where they were, and wondering if they were ok. She would have tried to find them if she could have, but with no information on their whereabouts, it was simply not possible.

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"It won't be long before he will have to make a decision, and I think he'll come with me, but I can't leave just yet. I promised that I wouldn't leave without at least a goodbye ." A glimmer of her old self poured through as she looked upon the ashen male. He thought that Karpos hated him, but there wasn't even a doubt in her mind that the young cub still loved his snowy uncle. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"You just have to give him some time. He loves you Lach, he really does, and one day I think that things will be ok." Truly she did.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
As soon as the words left his tongue XIX was hit by a tidal wave of guilt – he knew it wasn’t right of him to ask the sunflower-eyed girl to abandon her pack. Not like he had. She had to take care of Karpos and make sure he was safe – and happy – before deciding what to do with herself. What if the shadow prince didn’t want to join Cut Rock, would Capella follow him? Or would she part ways like he and Anastasia had?
“I know,” he responded softly, pear eyes adverted from the pale female as she spoke. She was doing the right thing; saying goodbye, waiting til the pack disbanded… things that Lachesis could have done. However, in his decision to leave with Anastasia the healer had been selfish – a concept that he wasn’t used to. It had been the first time in his short life that the yearling had thought of himself and made a decision that would only benefit him, not others. “When you leave come find me – even if you decide to stay with Karpos. I just want to know that you two are safe.” Another loose smile formed on his lips as he allowed his gaze to return to the female’s maw. “I’ll never be too far away,” he added as he nosed her cheek softly, his tail giving a few short wags behind him.
“I think about him a lot…” he admitted softly, suddenly feeling embarrassed about exposing his thoughts to his pale companion. “It wasn’t right of me to leave when I did. I should’ve stayed longer, done more for him…” Lachesis knew, though, that if he had stayed any longer it would have been detrimental to his health. After Shade had passed the yearling had become mentally sick; unable to think properly and had completely lost his appetite. His coat had been a mess, stained with the late Alpha’s blood for days, and sleep had not been an option for the troubled youth.
It was only when he left, with Anastasia at his side, that the heavy weight on his shoulders vanished. He was able to breathe again; able to focus.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">
She hadn't even realized how thick the air was with unsaid words, and renewed feelings until his gaze flicked from hers. It left in it's wake the same empty feeling she'd grown far too accustomed to since her return. The innocence she once found in his eyes was now gone, replaced with something else she couldn't quite pin down. It seemed now that they all bore the scars that the disastrous era of Pitch Pine Trail had left them with. They were a broken family, split apart by death and time, but were they still family? Surely it wasn't that easy.

Her stomach fluttered as he nosed her cheek, and a smile broke across her face. It was nice to feel loved again, to almost feel like she belonged. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"I'm coming back Lach. I promise." She knew her home was there, with him and Ana. Somewhere she could feel wanted. Whether Karpos would chose to come or not was uncertain, but she would be sure to at least try. After all, she couldn't imagine her life without him as well.

It was her turn now to step forward, burying her face against his neck. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"I know you do, but you had to leave. If you would have stayed.. It would have killed you to watch it all fall apart. You did the right thing, because we can't live our lives for others." It was hypocritical yes, but once again it was true. When you live your life for those around you then it really wouldn't be your life,would it?

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">
“I’m coming back Lach. I promise.”
Her words caused a large smile to spill across his maw, pear eyes hesitating momentarily before they lifted to meet her bright, sunflower pools. Everything was going to be okay. Things would return to the way they should be. He would have both Anastasia and Capella with him once more and all would be right – well, almost. It seemed as though Karpos was preparing for his future, something that he could not hold against the shadow prince. Although the willowy yearling desperately wanted the boy to join them Lachesis knew that Karpos had to forge his own path, especially with the pending fate of Pitch Pine Trail. Eventually they would cross paths once more – the healer had to allow the Slayer pup to discover himself and be where he was happy, just as XIX had done.
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">“I just wanted to be there for you,” he murmured quietly as he embraced the female’s gesture, his comfort levels rising as he breathed in her familiar scent. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">“And Karpos… I’m sorry this is happening to Pitch Pine Trail. I knew once… once things changed that the pack wouldn’t be the same. That it wouldn’t survive. Nothing felt right. Even the air…” His voice trailed off, a frown forming against his lips as he shuddered at the thought. He could remember the state he had been in after Shade’s passing – walking around like a zombie, unable to register what was going on around him. The former leader’s blood had stained his coat for days as the healer had completely given up until he and Anastasia had decided to leave. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">“Just be safe, okay? My pack now is Cut Rock River; we’ve made our home in the depths of Cedarwood Forest. I’ll be waiting for you.”
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the snow. Hunt Opportunity

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">
She offered him a small nod, as it was true. Pitch Pine now paled in comparison to it's former glory. Shade had been the glue that held them all together. It was his leadership which made their success possible, and Ace wasn't able to bring that same sense of power. The pale fae would never go as far as to say that he wasn't a decent alpha, but he had faced too many hardships that couldn't be overcome, and unfortunately the trail wolves were the ones to suffer. Especially little Karpos.

As his words trailed off, she struggled to find the words. Shade's passing had probably killed him, and she wasn't there for him, yet he still wished he could have been there for her? It didn't make any sense. Failing at finding the right words she began albeit lamely. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;">"I know, but things happen for a reason right?" She flashed him a brief smile that quickly faded.

Their time together was once again coming to an end, but it wouldn't be for long. Soon she would be able to find her way back, hopefully with Karpos in tow, and then everything would be alright. Or at least she had to keep telling herself that. The empty feeling re-assumed it's position in her stomach as she pulled away. The cold air reworked it's way into her bones, and everything else was numb. A sigh fell from her throat before her mouth opened.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#F4DA00;"> "See you soon?" The last little shred of hope she could muster planted itself into her eyes, as her dandelion gaze searched for his. She would be back in no time, it was just getting through the final days of Pitch Pine and then she would be home.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
archiving disssss <33333!!!!!!!!! @Capella

<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">
Lachesis truly hated saying good-bye. A promise hung between them, linking the two together, but the yearling didn’t want to see her go. They had just reunited after months of being apart… it didn’t seem right. He desperately wanted to take her back to the river but now wasn’t the time – they would be together again soon, but Capella had her own duties to attend to. The pack he had once known and cared for was falling apart and the sunflower-eyed girl had to do her part to ensure that Shade’s children remained safe.
"I know, but things happen for a reason right?" He nodded softly at her words, a faint half-smile perched lazily across his lips as he met her warm, comforting gaze. As much as he didn’t want to see her go he knew that their next meeting would only bring them closer. Their friendship was similar to the one he shared with Anastasia – he wanted nothing but the best for the pale girl, and could not imagine his life without her being a part of it. It had already been torture when she had vanished, as his anxiety had gone on overdrive in her absence.
Her words broke his thoughts, pulling him back to reality as he refocused his attention on the bright-eyed doll. Stepping forward the yearling erased the space between them, allowing his muzzle to rest in the spot between her shoulders as he embraced her the best he could. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">“Be safe,” he started in a hushed voice in reference to the freezing temperatures that had arrived in Relic Lore. Winter was coming and it wasn’t going to be a pleasant one… <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">“I’ll see you real soon, Pella.” Pulling away from the warmth of the petite girl, Lachesis took several steps back before turning ‘round in preparation to head back to the river. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">“I miss you already.” A smile returned to his maw as he wagged his tail before padding forward, allowing the familiar scent of the sunflower-eyed girl to disappear into the trees.