(See All?) Announcements
451 Users Online
Google, Bing

the promise
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 142 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Erebos Argyris
ooc: i need erebos to be in a pack before winter comes full force, so this thread is for him to learn about ppt; otherwise i can't think of a reason to push him back over the mountain, considering the reason he crossed it in the first place. someone come make it sound magical pls!

Erebos stood on the eastern-most precipice of Riddle Heights, overlooking the side of Relic Lore he'd turned his back on. Wander lust and instinct both lured him toward the edge and urged him over, but he remained glued, eyes reflecting the blaze of the sunset behind him.

Things in the west were failing to prove interesting; indeed, he had covered the region from north to south with nothing to keep his attention longer than a few days. Boredom had taken him up the mountainside, and now the wealth of unexplored territory before him pulled at him. Even more so, the scent of others on the wind. He was torn between pursuing excitement (surely it must come in some shape after looking long enough), and settling into something permanent. He knew that with the change of season it would be lethally foolish to avoid pack life during the winter, and he could of course always abandon the settlement once spring came and the threat was gone. After two before, what would be a third?

A sigh escaped him as he realized; he had no idea what he was looking for.
Played by Namara who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
[Saw it for PPT members and couldn't resist!]
So they dug your graveAnd the masquerade
Aeolus Argyris
Will come calling outAt the mess you've made

Aeolus had noticed the prince of the Trail had gone missing, not that anyone else had seemed to care. As a guardian, Aeo felt responsible for the safe return of the Slayer boy. He had started to search around near the mountains, just in case he happened to be there. The tawny fur of the man was slicked down, he forced himself to remain calm and not to panic. But when a scent reached his nose, he became very curious... It was the scent of no other wolf than one that he knew. It was his 'dear brother' @Erebos. His tail curled up a little bit, after all he did not know that Erebos had a little change of heart about his brother. He walked up with a small bit of scorn on his muzzle.

"So, Phineas' little friend eh? What you doing out here away from the man who tore our family apart?" The words were hissed and the Pitch Pine Guardian stood tall and proud. He didn't look his brother in the eyes, but he examined the brother whom he had not seen in a long time. In fact, he had not seen Erebos since his brother had left from Asphodel Meadows previously. He knew little of what had happened, but then again he didn't really take an interest in his brothers anymore. The truth was the pack was in ruins, many he once knew and respected were dead, gone or traitors and he himself was alone. His views were seen by little to no one.

[Image: 35zz.png]
Inactive Deceased
Erebos Argyris

He wasn't given much time to reflect. If he'd known what was coming, the moment would've brought an immense sense of deja vu. Instead, as he noticed his company and realized that it was his brother, Aeolus, he felt relief sweep through his body. The one brother that he could be sure had handled the situation with reason, Erebos became excited as the man was headed directly his way. Ever since the meltdown with @Thanos, he'd wondered what exactly Aeolus' thoughts were about what had happened to their home, and on what @Phineas had chosen to dedicate himself to.

However, it didn't take too long for Erebos to recognize the look on Aeolus' face as he approached him, and the positivity within him sank, twisting his stomach. Here we go again...

Erebos nearly flinched as the words flew out of his brothers mouth, and the anger immediately welled up within him. Are you fucking serious?! he thought. Had no one trusted him? He hated the thought of having to explain himself all over again, and to someone far less forgiving and impressionable as Thanos. There was no proof that it would be worth the effort.

"Shut it, Aeo. I've reached my limit on self-righteous brothers running their mouths about what they don't know," he growled, anger glaring off of him like angled sunlight.

He was standing now, no longer relaxed in form. Instead, his posture was aggressive, and challenged the dominance Aeolus was displaying. One his brother's coat was the scent of others, and Erebos realized that he must be part of a pack. So he was only pretending to have moved on, just like Ere? Because while he may have claimed a new home, the disgust in his eyes for the treachery he indirectly accused Erebos of proved otherwise.

Played by Namara who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
So they dug your graveAnd the masquerade
Aeolus Argyris
Will come calling outAt the mess you've made

Aeolus silently scorned the man before him, his eyes blazing with anger. "I'm running my mouth about what I do know my dear brother. You left, chasing Phineas's tail and I wasn't enough to keep Asphodel Meadows from burning to the ground. Now, I've had to make other plans, and I won't let them fall like our birth pack did. I won't let Pitch Pine Trail fall." He hissed, the last of his words were more of a reassurance to himself, he was worried, there were barely any members in the pack, and where would they have to go if they were gone? The two pups who lived there, they were both at risk of a death to join their father in the winter weather. He had an idea in his head, but he would have to wait until Erebos retorted to what he himself had said.

I got that summertime, summertime sadness. He whispered the words to himself, and he began to wonder if he was enough to help the pack stay alive. "Brother, do you still see Phineas as a hero like you did when you left? If not.... I have an idea. I mean, if your willing to do it, at the very least its a home for you for winter. If he is still the 'end all be all' to you, then I believe we have nothing more to say to each other." He trailed off his words, a small bit of hesitance when he mentioned it could be a home only for the winter. If this man no longer called Phineas the best brother, than Aeo would of course want him to stay longer. His mind wrapped up in comfortable thoughts. He wanted Pitch Pine Trail, they had truly started to grow on him and he wouldn't let them down now.

(This post was last modified: Nov 14, 2013, 08:30 PM by Aeolus.)
[Image: 35zz.png]
Inactive Deceased
Erebos Argyris
@Aeolus

Erebos tensed his muscles so as not to quake with anger. Aeolus stood before him indignant and unrepentant of his limited proven knowledge, running high on assumptions and pride. As the ultimatum fell from betwixt his poisoned jowls, the grayscale brother considered spitting in his face and declaring the man dead to him. What would be one more brother? He would always have Thanos to turn to, if he said the right words; that had been proven before he'd started this little autumnal journey. But the very thing that Aeolus scorned him for, extending faith to his siblings, forced him into silence. He was taking a moment to calm himself, so as not to make a lashing of his soon-to-follow dialogue.

"Funny," he began, unable to completely filter the spite he felt from his voice. "as I remember it, I hadn't said a damn thing to any of you as to why I was leaving home."

After all, hadn't that been Thanos' problem with him? Abandoning them without a word? Erebos' nose twitched in agitation as it crossed his thoughts how differently their four minds had processed a single situation, and how three of them could be so wrong.

"Because you're my brother, I will dismiss how completely out of line you are and tell you what I had to tell Thanos, since you're both so quick to turn on family in order to hide your own shortcomings."

"I left not only because I refused to hold my head down to that whore, but because I also found no reason in fighting Phineas' battle for him. As I see it, the day her bastard whelps were born, Asphodel Meadows was no longer home, and it never will be. Only Phineas could have changed that; it was his bitch to put in line, his fuck up for being so gullible. And I'll admit, when I caught his scent, I had the idea of bringing him home and forcing him to fix it all. I even joined his little pack, and then I..."

It was then that Erebos gritted his teeth, anger welling up rapidly within him as his thoughts reflected on the pathetic and mangy bunch of wolves the eldest Argyris had assembled beneath the magnolia petals.

"Dammit, Aeo, you should see the fucker. He'd do anything for them, for these strangers and his newest piece of meat. They mean more to him than our birthright ever did, and he fights for them like he should've fought for us. I tried to be the good, forgiving brother, but I couldn't blind myself like that. I left them without a word, too, because I hated him so much I was afraid of what I might do if I stayed. ...I wanted to kill him, Aeo."

Those final words were softened somewhat in comparison to the rest of his tirade, as even though Erebos felt he had every right to despise Phineas, he still felt the cold fingers of guilt on the back of his neck as he admitted out loud just how far his hate had gone. After a beat, a sigh escaped his maw, and his posture slackened, anger now falling away. Aeo would have to believe that; after all, he had reached out to him with hope when offering a home, something Erebos had nearly forgotten when formulating his heated defense.

"A place for the winter would be nice. It's looking to be a harsh one, after all."

"That is, only if you genuinely believe what I have said."