533 Users Online
Google, Bing

My Stupid Feet Keep Moving
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
@Anneliese

RE: Drestig - A spider tried to crawl up your nose.

The days passed one by one, each one similar to the last: lonely, wet and boring. It was raining again. Cold, relentless droplets falling from a lead heavy sky, giving everything a dark, slippery surface. A persistent wind swept through the trees, bringing with it only washed out scents of autumn and cold.

Despite his desire for new experiences, the familiarities of the mountains had drawn the dark lad, and he was now moving through the cedar wood trails of land so similar to his past home that it was hard to keep the memories at bay. In an effort to abstain from melancholia, a state of mind he utterly despised, he was running, sprinting over dirt-covered rock; paws, accustomed to this form of terrain, rarely slipping even in the heavy rain. He moved with no specific direction, no goal to his race, other than to get away from where he was, panting heavily from the exertion. Water pouring down over his fur, eyes closed and ears pressed back against the wind, he wasn't focusing on where he was going, only aware enough to stick to the worn trails and keep away from the poison ivy, clinging to the tree trunks and creeping through the underbrush.

That's why, when he threw himself around a sharp corner, onto a narrower path, he didn't notice the frail blockade, despite the water droplets shimmering in its threads. Crashing straight through the cobweb, it took the black wolf several seconds to realize what had happened, paws sliding through the mud as he attempted to break his advancement. He sat flat on his tail, shaking his head violently and scraping at it with his paws; replacing web with mud, all the while wheezing and spitting to get the strands out of his mouth.

It was when he was finished with this franticness, and had cleared most of the cobweb off his face, that he noticed movement on his snout. Crossing fire-orange eyes, the boy tried to focus on the creature, and did so just in time to identify it as the former inhabitant of the home he had just ruined, right before it slipped over the tip of his wet nose, moving in a wild panic. Surely eager to find safety, the spider attempted to hide in the first possible place, which just happened to be Drestigs nostril. Once again wheezing and shaking his head, the dark wolf backed up, spitting and snorting to get the beast out of his poor nose.

Word count: 417

My mind is my own <b style="color:#ff6600">”I'll say whatever I want to!”

pride12
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 79 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder

Her goal had been to wait until the highest peak until beginning to climb, but that path was proving to be far too boring. Anneliese was a disciplined woman, but sometimes plans were meant to be abandoned. After passing up the segment of Riddle Heights, she began inching her way up the mountain. The new idea was to climb up onto the ridge, and travel that avenue toward Mount. Dire. Choosing this trek would help her acclimate to the mountain atmosphere and aid to ensure success when tackling the ultimate climb.

Simple scaling, by itself, of course wasn't good enough. As per usual, Anneliese found a way to make an exercise of it. After climbing above the subtleties of terrain transition, the paladin discovered that there were pieces broken from the mountains face, small and large alike. If one were to work around them, they would discover what would seem to be a natural road; an easy route. She decided she would not partake in such simple travel, not unless drained stamina necessitated it. And so, she quarantined herself to the jutting precipices and chunks of boulders.

This choice slowed her ascent considerably, but she cared little. She was tested physically by the need to move with balance and precision, and mentally as it required quick decision making to pick out the best next step each and every step.

It was after a couple of hours of this that Anneliese picked up the scent of another. Instantly she figured this character's location into her trajectory, moving her off of the original course. Company was always welcomed for Anneliese; she absolutely loved to meet new souls, to hear their stories and glean any knowledge she could from them. Her excitement for such an encounter quickly took her to Drestig. A glimpse of him lay ahead of her as she continued to avoid the path, even when doing so was becoming increasingly difficult. He broke in and out of her line of vision, but she was able to gather what he was doing and she attempted to match his movements.

'It will be race!' she thought to herself, but just as the finally word left her consciousness, the jet man came to an incredibly sudden halt. Having been mimicking his movements, Anneliese naturally threw on the brakes herself, and nearly careened off of the jagged slab and down onto the narrow path he resided on. Catching herself, her beryl eyes dodging all around, wondering what on earth could have caused such a split decision, before falling back onto him; he was scrabbling at his own face as though someone had thrown water at him.

Thoroughly confused and mildly worried, Anneliese swiftly descended to his level and approached him. There was a caution to her momentum, for the possibility remained that the wolf was simply batty. Given her experiences and training, she expected all probabilities.

"Sir?... Are you alright?"

Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Ooc: Excuse my lateness, and the fact that this post might be BLEH - Winter time has been kicking at my dysfunctional brain, which unfortunately affects muse :/

Spitting and coughing, eyes watering, lungs burning in need of oxygen, the ebony boy was completely unaware of the world around him; his only focus: to get the intruder out of his body. Therefore, it took several moments from the words were spoken, before they registered in his mind, making him turn up his head, blinking the tears from his orange orbs in order to get a proper view of the speaker. He spat one last time, rubbing his, now quite sore, snout with a mud stained paw, and focused on the tall dame who all of a sudden stood before him; Where did she come from?!

Rather roughed up from the experience, yet safely sure that the spider was now gone, for good, Drestig zeroed in on the foreign female, noting her tall, slender and, rather noble, stature, ruffled blonde hair and extraordinary deep green eyes. She stood before him with confidence, yet a hint of wariness lining her features, clearly cautious of the stranger, despite her choice to approach. A half-smile curved the boy's lips as he finally prepared to answer her question, voice hoarse from all his wheezing; <b style="color:#ff6600">"Heh... I think I'll survive... Madame." His left brow cocked as he regained his attitude and addressed the fae with a sarcastic title, leaning back in the mud with a content expression.

Before the incident, he hadn't exactly been searching for company, nor feeling in particular need of such, yet, sitting across from the lanky dame now, the boy found himself rather pleased with the sudden presence; I just hope she's interesting... Giving the stranger another look-over, he snorted quietly and edited that thought: Oh no, she's definitely interesting! The question was, rather she'd show the type to share her secrets, or the boring sort who preferred to keep such things close to themselves. In hopes of the later, the ebony man decided to play out some cards first, as a show of good will; <b style="color:#ff6600">"Though your interest is appreciated. And, if a may offer an introduction, I'm Drestig Avalon." He bowed his head lightly and then gave the opposer an expecting look, hopefully she would follow his example and give her own name.

Word count: 364

pride12
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 79 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder

ooc: pfft as you can tell i'm slow w/ horrible muse too... sorry xD;

The stranger recovered, and Anneliese was relieved that he was okay, but still unsure as to what made him act in such a strange manner. He was paws at his nose now and blinking back tears... a sneezing fit? Had she really been so oblivious has to not hear it? She remained unsure, and therefor guarded.

He answered her with a confident attitude, and she lifted her brows as he lightly mocked her choice of words. However, joining this raised expression was a smirk of her own, as she was able to see the innocent playfulness in how he presented himself.

After his introduction, injected with a full dose of personality, Anneliese mimicked the slight dip of his head. This should prove to be an entertaining interaction.

"Well Drestig, I'm glad to hear that. You may call me Anneliese, so long as I can ask; what in the world caused such a fit?"

Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Ooc: Argh Dx Why must my muse constantly fail me for this thread??! ;-;
- Also DREST MUCH FLIRT WITH EVERYONE!! xD

The man's smile was wide and bright, she was game! The tall stranger's reply to his little self-presentation had been more than he could have asked for, delivered with a grin that much pleased the ebony male. Anneliese... He wondered silently, raising his own brow, much like she had done hers; Interesting. An unusual name, a bit formal and yet... It seemed to fit her.

The silence dragged out between them as the dark man took his time, rubbing his nose again with one paw, deliberately waiting to answer her question. This was partially because he needed to figure out a proper way to explain the incident, or a proper lie perhaps, it was a somewhat awkward situation; but it was also a way of teasing her, his mischievous nature shining brightly as he continued to watch her through his fiery orbs, still smiling crookedly. Eventually he did part his lips though, speaking in a tone lazed with laughter: <b style="color:#ff6600">"Well Annelies... It's quite a tail actually." Tail thumbing gleefully at his paws, the lad paused to cough lightly, casting a long glance at his feet in overplayed embarrassment before continuing: <b style="color:#ff6600">"You see, I accidentally ran into a spider web, and I guess the little bugger wanted revenge. I tried to crawl up my nose, very uncomfortable, I wouldn't recommend it!" He ended the dramatic presentation with an - equally dramatic - wink at the golden dame, playful smile still gracing his face.

Word count: 242

pride12