544 Users Online
Google, Jadon, Bing

The Lost Boys
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryvet Borden Lyall
(Maybe @Adonis?) and any OTB wolves :)

While the young wolf had proudly declared that he would bring his sister @Taima back (although she had vanished without a trace almost a year ago) - he was beginning to question his timing. It had taken well over a week to scale the serpent as far as the Lost Lake and the sudden onset of winter delayed his journey down the other side by a matter of days, the treacherous paths dropping away here and there, loose ground covered by thin snow impossible to discern from solid safe ground. He had taken several tumbles on his journey - his heart in his throat each time wondering if this would finally be the end, and yet he managed to get himself up, shake himself off and keep going. If it hadn’t been for @Adonis he probably would have turned around and gone home from the Lake.

And so together they had travelled, through the eerie trees of the Spectral Woods, sometimes traveling together, sometimes apart, but always just within calling distance. The pale boy’s stomach rumbled as he tried to catch sight of some small patch of sky. It was difficult to tell the time, the days were getting shorter and shorter, and the long cold night would drag on. Regardless - his stomach was telling him it was time to eat - if he could manage to find or catch something.

Dutifully his nose dropped to the snow, nosing about to try and find some trace of game, or some interesting mark - what he was met with was not what he had expected at all. None of the scents here were familiar - so he quickly came to a halt. This was the first pack he had crossed since leaving the Cedarwood Forest. He doubted very much that he would make it back to the Greying Glades until the snows began to melt again, the mountain was just far too dangerous. It had crossed his mind now and then, being without a pack for the winter. It may hinder his search some but at least he wouldn’t starve to death... and his father had worked hard to make sure his sons knew how to be useful...

Without thinking to confer with Adonis he tipped back his muzzle and howled a greeting. He could start by asking if anyone had seen sight of his sister, and if the pack seemed reasonable and his companion decided to join him again, perhaps they could try and join together?

Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
This looked far too lonely.

The pack lands had been more or less quiet lately, spare for the intrusion that had happened a few weeks back. Kisla felt her heart clench at the sights of the accumulating snow, and while it was a joy to watch @Serach and @Sceral romping throughout the territory, she knew it was far too early for it to be so deep..and with the scent of the prey drifting further and further from their reaches, it was hard for her to not become more jaded than usual. Perhaps, at the end of the day, Swift River, even with the misery and suffering they had endured within the land, had at least welcomed them more with resources.

Her prowl about the pack borders was a daily activity for her. She would catch scents of her fellow pack mates as she passed by markers before adding her own to reiterate their claim upon these lands. The snow that fell was light, and it speckled the pale tawny fur of the she-wolf.

A howl resonated across the sky, and pausing, her figure tensing, she listened to the message and distance from her. Without thought, the female began a quick lope in the direction of the stranger, her pelt already bristling at the thought of potential trespassing. Yet it was unlikely in this case: the wolf had been calling to them, rather than attempting to slink through uninvited.

Moments passed and she finally came upon him. Youthful and pale, her eyes regarded his white coat and bright eyes before clearing her throat, her own stance lifting dominantly as a member of the pack he now trekked so dangerously close to. “What do you seek here?” her tone was not warm, yet nor did it hold any tones of malice or disgust. Straight to the point, her tail lifted, curling precariously over her haunch as she awaited.

sparking up my heart

Played by becuffin who has 62 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ryvet Borden Lyall

The pale boys brow furrowed with worry when his darker friend didn’t make an appearance. His attention was quickly diverted however, as another made herself known with a clearing of her throat. His ears instantly tipped back to his skull as though they had been swatted by the sound and his tail pointed respectfully to the ground, as did his head. His gaze slipped over the woman before him before settling off her left shoulder, his nerves and eagerness to respond showing in the way his words ran together. “I’mlookingformahsister...” He flinched as the jumble left his mouth and took a deep breath. @Renier would be having a good chuckle at that blunder. His shoulders tensed for a moment before he lifted his head to draw level with his shoulders and tried again.

Still a little shakily, he began. “My name is Ryvet Borden Lyall. My sister went missing and I’m looking for her. Have you seen her by chance?” Of course the youth didn’t stop to think perhaps he had more missing siblings than his sister @Taima. It wasn’t that he hadn’t heard of them, they just weren’t at the forefront of his mind when he thought of siblings - those he had known all his existence. He couldn’t possibly know that @Arlette, a woman he had never met, resided here just beyond that invisible line. His biggest blunder was in the absence of his sisters name, or any discernible description. He had only ever known his family, and @Adonis. Even his journey here had been relatively uneventful only encountering Calla - his other sister.

He simply did not realise just how many other wolves were out there.

Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
She pushed her tongue from the roof of her mouth in a small clucking noise as the boy jarbled out a confusion of words that were likely supposed to form a proper sentence. Her own mind – vicious as a snake to any outside of her pack – was about to offer her own venomous response when he once more spoke, this time clarifying what he meant. She paused, taking in his almost ruffled appearance – youthful, shy. He was nervous, and as she was gently reminded of her two younger brothers, the golden female found herself softening to the pale rogue, her features relaxing slightly. “A Lyall then,” she murmured, her eyes regarding him more closely. “I’m afraid I don’t know your sister,” she began then, not even realizing that Arlette might have been considered as much – she had not met the woman, truly. “But if you gave me a name, it might jog my memory.”

Her tail swept through the air now, still arching higher in means of dominance, yet her posture was far more laid back now. Her bright eyes regarded the male quietly, noting that despite his younger age, he was indeed handsome. His eyes were captivating, but she would not stare at him. Instead, her own curiosity and thirst of knowledge of the Lore stirred conversation further. “Were you from Grizzly Hollow? Are you living in Darkwater Rapids?” From what she had gathered from Maksim, Grizzly Hollow was no more.. lead to this side of the mountains by a pair she had never heard of.

sparking up my heart