Google, Bing

Ghosts
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina
OOC|| For anyone who wants to play out PPT's collapse. ||

♦♦♦♦♦

In summertime, the twisted pine trees in the Dragonfly Fen had been charming, adding an air of mystery to Pitch Pine Trail’s den site. However, now the gnarled, frozen branches seemed eerie against the backdrop of the gray winter sky. A little shiver ran down Naia’s spine as she traveled toward her pack’s den in no particular hurry. She already knew what she would find there— nothing but dusty critter skeletons long since picked clean and the fading scents of the packmates that had deserted. Funny how that worked; last season she had abandoned her birth pack, and now this new pack had abandoned her. She had to wonder how it happened. At the beginning of fall they had all hunted together, bringing home more than enough to go around. The whole pack was helping Shade raise his two pups, who would have been ready to join the adult ranks as yearlings this spring. She was even going to ask Shade for a rank, a real rank in the pack… just as soon as Shade returned.

Shade. That was when it started. He left on a mission, and he just never returned. His scent at the border faded, and so it seemed did the pack’s loyalty. Naia sensed that there would be a struggle for leadership in Shade’s absence, so she retreated to the outskirts of the pack’s land to wait for the dust to clear. Violence was something that she could never stomach, and thankfully she could usually detect and avoid it before it reared its ugly head. At the borderlands she waited hopefully for her alpha’s return, ready to greet him the moment he set foot in the Deep Forest. She waited in vain though, and pack’s scents faded and howls grew quieter. She never saw her packmates leave, but as she paced the border every now and then she would smell fresh Pitch Pine Trail scents exiting the Forest, and never any reentering.

Naia paused before she entered the clearing at Pitch Pine Trail’s den site, unsure of whether she wanted to face the disappointment of one again coming home to an empty den. She let the squirrel carcass in her mouth drop to the ground. The weak, scrawny critter had barely fought for its own life, dying as it seemed to Naia even before her jaws closed around it’s emaciated body. She couldn’t help but liken the squirrel’s death to her own pack’s swift expiration.

♦♦♦♦♦
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
She had hid deep within the den. Any memories she had left here were fading. Silver couldn't find Ace, Karpos, Adsila, anyone. It crushed her whole but this was her fault. She let the leadership fall through her paws. It was now winter too. Which meant all of the leftover members would spread out to find a home. So she would do the same.

Exiting the den her eyes landed on Naia. The only member left. Slowly her eyes drifted to the ground and her tail held no happy sway. "Im sorry, this is all my fault. I was suppose to step up and take charge but I failed everyone." her voice cold and seemingly dead. There was no happiness in it like there had been before this had came crashing down.

Silver didn't want to upset Naia with her presence so slowly she turned her body and began to walk. She wanted a new life. The only place she could get one was over or on the mountains. But the trip wouldn't be easy. For winter was already here and nothing could be done to set back time. Though she had one last question for Naia "Where are you going to stay?" she was concerned as to where Naia would call home next. Silver didn't even know where she was heading but it was away from here. To many memories lingered within this area. Good and bad. But they were still memories unwanted by the dark female. Just like the others, she would slip away from the memories. Looking to start something new.
Played by Namara who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
@Alace, Shade died in on PPT lands ;) He returned and talked to Shade, Karp, Adsi, Spectre and Silver. He was in a fight with Elettra and the neck wound was too severe.

So they dug your graveAnd the masquerade
Aeolus Argyris
Will come calling outAt the mess you've made

Aeo had found his way once more to the den. He had gone out searching for them all, Silver, Naia, Karpos, Adsila. He found none of them, his heart ripped to shreds for the wolves he was starting to call family. They are all gone, but where to go now?" He pondered with a rather calm expression. His melancholy mood was not improving, but not worsening. He arrived at the pack den where he had spent almost 3 months at. It felt like too little time, it was too little time. He came across a familiar voice, or two of them? No, just one. Silver. Surely it meant Ace was with her. There could be something more than there was. "Silver?" He asked as he came into view.

It was a wolf he had only seen when he returned to the den, then there was Silver. "I-I tried to find them. Karpos and Adsila. I thought maybe you knew where..." He trailed off with sorrow in his voice. His mind was calm as he noted Ace was not with her. "Where is Ace? Why is this happening? We could have made something work..." He was almost frantic. Almost. He took a few deep breathes as he gave a respectful bow. He respected Silver far too much. She had been through a lot, now with Karp gone, whom she loved. The pack falling apart under her rule, they needed to stick together. He felt that it was a necessity. He heard the question when he had walked forward, but he posed it himself. "Where to go from here?"

[Image: 35zz.png]
Played by Jess who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pennyroyal Baskerville
-Couldn't help but sling a random in here-
The invitation from Aeolus hadn't gone forgotten. Though Penny had intended to explore more- meet more wolves, maybe decide to join a pack based on her relationship with one of them, her intentions quickly changed when the weather began to worsen. Food was becoming more scarce and the wolf, who relied both on plants and animals for her diet, was finding it harder than ever to keep her stomach full. The plants she usually ate as a dietary supplement were of little use to her now, as they were either rotting or frozen beneath the ground and too hard to dig out. She fell to scavenging what she could and hunting small things, but even then her success was limited. She knew that if she wanted to survive the winter, she'd have to join a pack.

The only one she knew much about was Pitch Pine Trail- so she found her way back to the forest where she'd met Aeolus and tracked her way toward the borders, with the intention of note getting too close. She could smell them, and where certain plants had been marked, but something seemed off...Still, she carried on, having found Aeolus' trail and determined that the best thing to do would be to find him. She'd hoped to catch something to give as an offering, but she'd had two unsuccessful hunts and had only managed to scavenge a few bones from what she assumed was a kill made by a cougar. Fortunately, the felines didn't seem terribly interested in chewing through bones, so she'd been able to wrestle a thick femur from the skeleton which had once belonged to a moose. The meat and gristle had been stripped, likely by birds, but the bone itself was intact, and within it would be nutrient-filled marrow. For a lone wolf, it was a pretty good deal, and the most she could afford to offer without jeopardizing her health too much in the process. She hoped they'd understand.

She felt very lost, though, when she found herself following his trail much further than she would have thought decent. She hadn't come this far when she'd seen him last...Had she? But she wasn't sure she'd crossed borders- at least, not ones which were well-marked. Her heart began to beat very quickly- she doubled back, and zig-zagged this way and that trying to pick up a pack scent. It smelled as though there was wolf activity here, but very little. There had definitely been a border last time, but this time...

Slowly, quietly, she picked her way forward and along the fresh trail left behind by Aeolus. Every nerve was prickling as she moved, carrying the hefty bone with her, though she was prepared to drop it and run as soon as she needed to. She did, a few times- when a crow took off and frightened her, and when a twig snapped beneath one of her little feet. Cautiously, she picked it back up and followed his trail until it mingled with that of others.

She could see him- and two others- near what looked like a den. Too far! She reeled backwards, recognizing now that she'd definitely crossed borders and had made it all the way to the pack's densite. She dropped the bone to the ground and froze as it hit the solid earth with a CLUNK! loud enough for all three wolves to hear. She winced and dropped to the ground so that she'd be out of sight, but knew it was too late. "SORRY SORRY SORRY!" She said loudly, in a high voice. "I'll leave, I didn't realize- hi Aeolus- I'm sorry, I'm going, no threat- take my bone. Sorry!" She said, each word coming quicker than the last as she stood up so she could be clearly seen- ears flattened, tail tucked and a very sorry look on her face- as she began to back away. If any of them made a move toward her she'd turn and hightail it- but it didn't seem proper to turn and run without at least apologizing and making sure they weren't too angry. Penny's logic was flawed- polite, but flawed.

Snazzy-arse avatar and table by Arla!
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina
OOC|| Hmm I missed that one, of course. I guess I’ll say that Naia missed it too. ||

♦♦♦♦♦

Taking the squirrel carcass back up in her mouth, Naia trudged into the den’s clearing with a heavy heart. She had very little hope that anyone would be home to greet her, but it seemed wrong to leave Pitch Pine Trail without checking just once more. It was her last act of devotion to Shade and the rest of her family—if she stuck around any longer, she would be crossing the line between loyalty and foolishness. Her packmates were long gone, and one last look would prove it.

Honey eyes landed on Silver, emerging from the den as Naia entered the clearing. The squirrel toppled from the young girl’s mouth as she yelped in surprise. Apart from Shade, the pack’s Scout was the family member Naia had looked up to most. After listening to Silver’s stories, Naia had known for sure that she wanted to be a scout herself. The tawny girl closed the space between her and the midnight female in a few short leaps, licking her nose in a gesture of love and submission. Without a pack structure there were no more ranks and ergo no reason to show deference, but the gesture was a reflex that Naia completed before she even thought about it. Old habits do die hard.

There was far less happiness in Silver’s return greeting, and Naia realized that the dark female must blame herself for what had become of their family. The pack’s former scout turned away to leave, and Naia’s ears flattened in confusion. She seemed to be a million miles away. ”Silver, it’s not your fault. We lost our founding leader at the start of winter-“ Naia choked a little as she mentioned Shade- ”The same would have happened to any pack.”. The slight female took a few steps after Silver, wondering if she had even heard her, when her companion turned to speak once more.”I don’t know..” Naia responded to Silver’s question, ”Over the mountain? We have to leave soon. Probably today, even. I don’t want to get stuck over here for the whole snowy season.” Naia couldn’t bear to stay here in the ruins of place that she used to call home. Too many memories, and too many ghosts.

Before Silver could reply, another wolf spoke from a few wolflengths away. The strange, sandy colored male was quite large, and his sudden appearance was enough to startle Naia into backing away a few steps. He hardly seemed to notice her, moving instead to address Silver. As the stranger glided past her, she caught his familiar scent. Aeolus, she thought to herself. She knew the name and the smell, but had yet to formally meet the wolf. And now she never would. Naia turned away from the pair, intending to make her quiet exit as the two discussed wolves that Naia had never met.

Her exit was interrupted by an audible clunk and Naia’s honey gaze flashed to the source of the noise. There at the edge of the clearing cowered an inky-pelted scrap of a wolf, barely larger than Naia herself. The strange female’s shrill apologies sliced through the thick, sad air and Silver and Ace’s hushed tones. Well, now she had everyone’s attention. The tawny wolf couldn’t help but chuckle at the stranger’s horrified expression as it dawned on her that she had wandered right up the den site of a strange pack. Perhaps Naia saw a little too much of herself in the scrawny, frightened female, because she stepped toward the girl in an attempt to calm her, stance adjusted in order to seem less formidable.

”It’s quite alright Miss, you are intruding on no one.” Naia couldn’t keep the bitterness from her tone as she spoke again, ”There is no pack left here.” She gave a heavy sigh, her paws itching to be on the move. The time to leave was long past, but something about the slight, scrappy girl intrigued Naia enough to postpone her exit just another moment. ”Who are you?” she asked, her gaze switching from the petite stranger to Aeolus, and then back again. She had named the giant male on sight, so Naia assumed that she must have followed him here.

♦♦♦♦♦
Inactive Deceased
Silver

@Naia, @Aeolus and @Penny

Silver listened to Naias' words carefully. ”Over the mountain? We have to leave soon. Probably today, even. I don’t want to get stuck over here for the whole snowy season.” Nodding her head she smiled weakly "I'm heading that way too. Nothing left on this side for us." Right when she was about to exit Aeolus came over, what a relief to her that he was okay. Though her face harden when Aces' name came up. "Karpos left to the mountains, some pretty little girl up there he wanted to see. I'm pretty sure Ace left us. Adsila has been missing for a while. I'll see her one day then she is gone the next. Aeolus, you have to promise me that you'll take care of yourself, okay? I care about you all even if we arn't together." Her speech was cut short when a small scrawny thing dropped a bone that made a clunk. Instant apologies slipped from the girls mouth. With a sigh she walked over to the girl.

"Don't be sorry, there is nothing left her so you can have it if you want." Maybe now she could leave. Wait, she still had yet to talk fully to Naia. Her paws led her over to the small female with a little smile. "I've always liked you. Now listen, if you go over the mountain I'll come find you in the Spring or when the weather lightens up. Sound like a deal?" Silver nudged Naia caring before turning to look at the small gathering of wolves. "Any one have any last words before I skimmer off?"

Silver Shadow
even my memories cannot drown me
Played by Namara who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
So they dug your graveAnd the masquerade
Aeolus Argyris
Will come calling outAt the mess you've made

Aeolus was shocked to find Penny in the middle of their territory. It was not until she started splurting out an apology that he realized she didn't know. He went over to her and tried to calm her down a bit. "Everyone left, there is no more Pitch Pine Trail and this is neutral ground." He offered up to her, a small smile flashing across his muzzle. Penny was too kind to trespass knowingly, with the borders fading he assumed they were gone. I'll see her one day then she is gone the next. Aeolus, you have to promise me that you'll take care of yourself, okay? I care about you all even if we aren't together. Aeolus nodded and turned to them all to make an announcement.

"I'm going to cross the mountains before winter hits to its full extent, in fact I'l be departing now. If anyone wants to come with me, I'm going to track down Ana and Lachesis." He offered up to them all, especially Penny. He had promised her a pack to call home should she want one, and he would keep that promise one way or another. His orange eyes reflected sadness. This once glorious pack, now a fallen empire. He had been there three months, give or take a few days, he was already missing it. He felt the aching pull at his chest and he raised his muzzle to the sky, letting out his last goodbye. Goodbye my family, for we are scattered. With a dip of his head to them all, he started off. Hoping they would follow him to a new home.

-exit-

(This post was last modified: Dec 28, 2013, 08:22 PM by Aeolus.)
[Image: 35zz.png]
Played by Jess who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Pennyroyal Baskerville
Penny couldn't have been more surprise when the wolves who belonged to this area didn't seem perturbed by her presence at all. There was a wistfulness about the first who spoke- announcing that the pack had disbanded. She was very kind- and Penny was surprised to find that none among the wolves gathered seemed to harbour spite. She knew that if her parents' pack had disbanded, she probably still would've chased loners away- just because it had been her home once, and she didn't like the idea of losing her home. Her ears slicked back in apology- now, not because of her intrusion, but because these wolves had just lost their home- a home which had been offered to her not so long ago. What if she'd joined them then? Would it have made a difference?

She looked apologetically to Aeolus who approached her. She reached out and touched her nose to his cheek. Did he have family members that he needed to find? She didn't want to ask outright why the pack had fallen apart, but she felt very sorry all the same. They were fairly quick to begin making plans, though, leaving Penny to feel as though she'd definitely interrupted something important. A few plans were made which, she felt, didn't really include her- until Aeolus spoke, and mentioned a name she knew.

"Lach? I know him!" She said. While she still looked very apologetic and small, her eyes were bright and her ears lifted a bit. That would have been her next choice- to hunt Lachesis down and convince him to let her join whatever pack he was in. She didn't like the idea of going over a mountain in the winter but...There wasn't much of a choice to be had. Aeolus made it clear that she was included in his address, so she nodded eagerly and trotted to his side. "I'm coming with you."

Snazzy-arse avatar and table by Arla!
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Naia gave Silver a wry smile—it was all she could manage—as the midnight female approached her. ”I’ve always liked you,” she imparted, and Naia beamed at the complement. Recognition by the pack’s former scout probably meant more to the girl than Silver realized. The older female then took on what Naia interpreted as a motherly tone, offering to check on her once the weather cleared in the spring. ”It’s a deal,” Naia told her, and because she just couldn’t help herself she nuzzled her head under Silver’s chin like an affectionate puppy. ”I’ll miss you,” she whispered, pulling away from the contact to retreat to the edge of the clearing.

Aeolus made an offer to anyone who would like to travel with him, but Naia found herself shaking her head in reply. She was still mourning for Shade and their collapsed pack, and preferred to be alone with her thoughts. The names Lachesis and Ana were unfamiliar to her, though perhaps her decision would have been different if she was aware that the “Lach” they both referred to was her friend who she knew only by the name Nineteen. ”Thanks Aeolus, but I’m going to strike it out on my own for now. I’m sure we’ll meet again though, perhaps soon. Good luck. To both of you.” She added the last part with a small smile toward the raven-colored girl by Aeolus’s side. She seemed sweet if a little scattered, and Naia thought that they could probably be friends should they cross paths again. Farewells out of the way, there was no longer any reason to linger. With a heavy heart, Naia disappeared into the surrounding woods, closing the book on the Pitch Pine Trail chapter of her life in Relic Lore.

Exit Naia.

♦♦♦♦♦
Inactive Deceased
Silver
Silver Shadow

OOC: @Aeolus and @Penny

"I'm Heading out on my own too. I think it might be easier for me." Silver nodded her head in swift goodbye to everyone. Holding herself proud and head high she walked out of their no longer home. It felt weird that she might never return here but something else about it felt right. Purely because there was bad memories here. Shades' death, loss of members, scarce food and last off, the pups. She had been trying to take them in. Fix them but it had failed. Now one was with Ace, hopefully, and the other seemingly with this Capella woman.

Growling softly at herself for letting this happen she picked up her pace. Not looking back to the living nightmare. It would cause her to much pain that she wouldn't need. Besides, she had a long journey. All to herself to think about her sins. The only thing that was heart shattering about this journey is that Ace wouldn't be there by her side. He had left and was gone. Ace broke his own promise and for that she had been angered and saddened. Angered that he didn't say a word. But sadden that he would even do such a thing to her. Breathing the thick cold air into her lungs she let it fill her chest up. Silver would need all the air she could get. A tiring trip would lead her into the hands of hope. There was doors in hope too. Death and Life.

/Silver Exit