(See All?) Announcements
631 Users Online
Google, Bing

got my bad baby by my heavenly side
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
She couldn’t remember a time her nose felt this cold. The bitter wind whispered promises of destruction in her ear as the tawny she-wolf lay, shivering in the snow, her slender figure curled as tightly as she could. Her muscles throbbed – the ache unfamiliar in a way that revealed never before had she taken such a great fall. Kisla Tainn had many harmful events in her life – attacked, a near death experience by drowning.. but never before had she taken such a fall. Disoriented wasn’t even a word that could describe the girl, her head throbbing just as much as the rest of her. The winter storm had subsided a bit since her descend from the mountain, but higher up, it had only taken an hour’s worth build-up of hail, sleet and then snow for the she-wolf to lose her footing on a higher peak before she had plummeted down.

The memory was hazy already, despite only being a day ago. She could recall the surge of fear that’s wept across her and that raised bile to her throat before she felt emptiness – the cold air sweeping past before the burning pain as her body collided with the rocky slope once more. She had awoken later – uncertain to how much time had passed, though the day had drifted to night.

Confusion had set in, but with it, all she knew was she had to get back home. Swift River was waiting for her.. @Corinna needed her to look after the cubs. Torrel, Rissa and Aiyana.. they needed her. Each turn she came to, she had expected Swift River to come to sight. Home. But it hadn’t, and with each passing moment, her limp became more pronounced before she realized she had possibly strained her left forelimb more extensively than first imagined. Battered, bruised and defeated, the she-wolf finally sunk her weary figure in to the snow, the images of her three younger siblings floating in her mind before she closed her eyes, hoping to find relief in the realm of dreams.

sparking up my heart

Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Tracking down the Lore’s main herds was proving to be quite the difficult task this year. The sudden winter had thrown everything into disarray and battling the cold wind wasn’t exactly what Maksim Baranski had in mind when he ventured out and beyond the borders. He had howled, to let the others know that he was leaving for a while and would be back soon enough, before setting off and now the agouti leader deeply regretted not bringing someone along with him. Still, it had been too late for him to turn back and waste his endeavours so far; may as well push on and be done with it as soon as possible. He loped onwards, snow crunching and compacting down beneath his large paws, as he scented the air and peered into the distance. Here and there he found the occasional hint as to where the main herds were and he did his best to follow them.

The wind carried several smells on it and whilst he was mainly trying to pull prey from it, another caught his attention. It was a familiar one, though not entirely well known. The Baranski could at least put a name to it though. Kisla Tainn. What was she doing over here? Wasn’t she over in the eastern valley with Oak Tree Bend? Something didn’t sit right in his gut and he changed course, following his eyes and trying to find the emerald eyed woman.

Minutes passed before he finally found her, laid in the snow looking more than a little battered. What had happened to her? She’d be covered in snow if she stayed out in such a sorry looking state. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">“Kisla?” He stood over her, now, glancing side to side before reaching down to nudge her shoulder with his nose. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">“Kisla Tainn.” He frowned as he once again stared off into the trees. She was cold, flakes of snow laid upon strands of tawny fur. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">“Can you hear me? Can you stand?”<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">

(This post was last modified: Dec 08, 2013, 05:49 PM by Maksim.)

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Whether it was pure fatigue from her travels and state, or the delirium her mind set to help maintain her level of pain, it was only when the male was standing straight above her, his nose touching her did she stir slightly. Numbed by the cold, despite the insulation of a thick pelt, the she-wolf blinked up, a frown marring her slender features as she studied the grey form above her. "Maksim," she murmured, her fuzzy mind unable to place their true meeting, despite her desire to.

She shifted her figure then, suddenly realizing he was hovering above her, and as he repeated her name, it was not with a voice of affection, but one of confusion, if perhaps concern. Just as soon as she attempted to move, a shiver of pain coursed through her and she barely withheld a gasp, her bright green eyes flaring up now and fully awake from her dozing slumber. "Maksim," she repeated again, gritting her teeth and shifting once more, attempting to stand. "Torrel, Rissa and Aiyana... my mother and Fenru. I need to get back to Swift River," she mumbled, embarrassed by her state of battered self. Her head throbbed, and as much as she wanted to sink further to the snow and sleep, darkness had enveloped the land, and time was running by. Her family would need her. She could see Rissa's accusing eyes on such a pretty golden face.. Aiyana's worried gaze as Kisla would brush her own form of tawny against pitch black. Oddly, she could not picture Torrel -- the realization stirred a new fear in her and she stiffened considerably, lifting herself fully now before stumbling a step forward. "My pack needs me."

sparking up my heart

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Kisla’s voice was almost feather light, mumbled softly, as if she were being pulled from a sweet dreaming state. She attempted to move—clearly a mistake—before her eyes shot open, a clear indicator of pain. She spoke his name again through a clenched jaw, forcing herself to stand. Part of the Cut Rock leader wished to hold her down but the agouti wolf knew that little warmth could be found in the snow. The tawny woman spoke names, of family he presumed. Swift River? He furrowed his brow in a concerned frown. This wasn’t good at all. From what she’d told him at their first meeting, the old River wolves had moved across the mountain to the eastern valley, taken up the name Oak Tree Bend.

The Baranski stepped forward as she stumbled, pressing his shoulder against her side so she didn’t fall to the frozen ground; perhaps she’d find some heat within his plush winter coat? Her pack needed her? Maksim’s ears folded back slight. This wasn't good. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">“Swift River isn’t here anymore,” he stressed, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">“remember? Oak Tree Bend, that’s where your family is; across the mountain.” Yes. Across the mountain that was looking more and more dangerous to cross, now that he gave it a second glance. What was it with him overlooking serious weather? Shaking the thoughts away, he returned his vibrant gaze to Kisla. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">“What are you doing so far away from them?” Had she suffered from some psychotic episode and travelled this far, deluded by the memories of Swift River? Homesickness was a hell of a thing sometimes, but was it that potent?<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">

(This post was last modified: Dec 08, 2013, 05:49 PM by Maksim.)

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Her response was sluggish – he spoke the words, and yet she could not direct them to a conclusion. Swift River was no more.. Oak Tree Bend. It clicked back suddenly, and she closed her eyes, holding back a moan as the past washed over her once more, as if a fresh blow. Torrel, stolen. Rissa dead. Aiyana gone. They had run from their problems only to be followed by them. You could not escape fate.

“Right,” she muttered, biting through the pain as a wave of embarrassment washed over her. What a fool he must have thought her! “Right, I remember.” Her voice softened, her figure stilling now as she stood. Blinking down, she assessed her limb, cringing as she tested shifting her weight to it – not broken, but not good.

She felt his shoulder pressing to her then – the warmth that clung to him was welcomed, and it allowed her weight to lighten upon one limb. Her green eyes glanced around, and while confusion sat clearly upon her, she swallowed thickly. “I know this place. Where am I?” It was then that a scent of possibility came to her – deer. Her stomach rumbled as if on cue, and she glanced away from him, to her paws. “The Vale.. the herds are vanishing from the other side. I told my Leaders of my travel before crossing the mountain, hoping to find something over here.. My brothers are only young.” There was a small pause before she grit her teeth again. “I fell.”

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
It seemed that his mentioning of Oak Tree Bend was enough to pull her from her groggy thoughts, though perhaps the reminder was not a pleasant one. He studied her face as she muttered, relieved that she wasn’t stuck in the past of her mind. Maksim was on the lookout for any signs of obvious outward signs of distress—wide eyes or shallow breathing—but was met with naught but a puzzled expression. Understandable, really; she had just been coaxed out of some half-sleeping state. The agouti wolf felt her lean in slightly to his shoulder, pleased that she was willing to relax her muscles.

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">“Heartleaf Creek,” he responded to her question. Her stomach made an audible grumble, though barely so, and his brows knitted together at her news. Herds were disappearing from the eastern valley which had forced the Tainn woman to travel the mountain in hopes of finding something. The news was concerning, a grave reminder of the impending winter that was proving itself to grow more and more intense. Even the herds were moving en masse. Her brothers were young. The same age as the Attaya brood then: seven months old. Of course she would push outwards and brave the mountain to find the herds. Family had always been important to the Baranski and whilst he couldn’t feel her pain or possibly know she had lost siblings before, he knew the dangers of her plight.

“I fell.” That explained why she thought she was heading towards Swift River, a pack long gone from these lands. Perhaps she had hit her head. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">“Have you seriously injured anything?” He wanted to get anything that may cause her trouble moving out of the way first and foremost. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px">

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Heartleaf Creek. It was a place she was not overly familiar with, having only passed through it a few times, yet had never lingered. Her gaze broke from the grey of his pelt to glance around once more, though she barely recognized the land so covered in snow. For now, the only comfort was Maksim – the warmth that washed across her from his presence and touch while her own body involuntarily shuddered from the cool wind that whipped past – her pelt would only insulate her so much, especially given how foggy she seemed to be.

His question drew her from her reverie, causing her to look down at her leg now. “My leg.. it hurts to walk.” There was a small pause as she gingerly placed weight upon her left forelimb, wincing slightly before pulling it back up to tuck beneath her chest for a moments rest. “I don’t think it’s broken though. Just.. tender.” There was a small pause as she turned to look up towards the looming mountain. Why had she stumbled from it? Where had the notion of Swift River even come from? “Maksim, I need to get back over that mountain.” There was a grim firmness in her words, her throat suddenly constricting.

The panic only began to surface then – her breath hitched in her chest as she pulled away from him now. Hunger was long forgotten now as one thought echoed across her mind – her parting words to @Corinna. “I’m just going to check the herds on the other side of the mountain. I’ll be back in a week or so.” Now, here she was.. injured, hungry, desperate and alone, spare for the mysterious man who she kept running in to during the strangest times. “I can’t be the abandoner..” The words fell from her lips, hushed as her mind thought back to Serach. Sceral. Fenru. What had she done?

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Kisla gave him an answer—her leg hurt. She placed weight upon it yet she quickly drew it away from the snowy ground, holding it away from the cold. A brief wave of worry washed over him but she swiftly quelled the unknown concern as she explained it wasn't broken, merely tender. Maksim nodded, relieved that it wasn't a serious injury and would most likely heal up with rest. She'd more than likely pulled the muscle as she ran. Perhaps that's what caused her tumble on the mountain? The tawny wolf spoke again, her words firm and determined. She needed to cross that mountain once more; she needed to get home.

The River leader shook his head, solemnly, but the Tainn stepped away from him. He eyed her somewhat sternly—surely she knew crossing that mountain would be signing herself up to further injury—and stepped towards her. His ears flicked at her words, though he remained expressionless as his gaze drifted from her to the snowy peaks. Abandoner? “Navigating the mountain in weather like this would be a death wish, Kisla,” he stressed, vibrant gaze once more returning to her, “especially after you've already fallen. The snow and winds will only get worse.” The agouti wolf hoped that part of her would understand and would know. The last thing the Baranski would want would be for some hardy scavenger to find her corpse buried under fresh snow and ice.

He inhaled deeply, cold air hitting the back of his throat as he rolled his shoulders. “The most I can do for you now is offer you a place within my home.” Temporary stay or not, she needed to recuperate somewhere. She couldn't just get up and go once more. Crossing a mountain was a treacherous trek, even when completely healthy.

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Sorry short, but wanted to get this going.

Kisla knew very little about the Baranski male before her, yet her eyes did not miss the strict look he gave her, and in turn, her own smoldering gaze of stubbornness surpassed any stoical features she wished to maintain. Already an argument surfaced to her jaws, her mouth clipping open to hush away his concern with the simple fact that it didn't matter -- they were her family, and they were everything.

Yet only a whispering moan pressed past her lips as she shifted her weight, forgetting her injury momentarily and placing her paw to the ground as she turned. For a moment the world dimmed -- shifted with her, as if tipping, and as swiftly as she had made the mistake, she corrected herself, cradling the creamy limb to her chest, disbelief now melting away any of her anger and frustrations. What a fool she was.

"Last time I checked, you're home was also across the mountain," she whispered, her eyes drifting to the distant landmark. It was easy to keep the slight hurt she felt that the silver male was no longer within reach for companionship, even if he had been from a different pack. She had only met him once, after all. It wasn't like the Tainn girl had ever had much of a friend, spare her littermate, @Fenru.

"Thank you," she finally spoke, her muzzle bowing down in the defeat she knew she would have to expect. She would heal -- and then she would try again.

sparking up my heart