589 Users Online
Bing, Saoirse, Google

Thinkin' about you sittin' there sayin' I hate this, I hate it — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
February 7th, Mid-afternoon, Clear Skies, -17F/-27C @Inali

The snow bounced off the untouched snow, shining in the eyes of the tawny she wolf who sat at the edge of the clearing. Minka ignored it, while her body was present her mind was a million miles away, haunted by the ghosts who fell in love in the meadow. It was almost as if they were still here, she could see them, having tension filled conversations and flirting, allowing themselves to be vulnerable, the heartbreak. The tawny face was emotionless, but the golden eyes were hard so many memories that had kept her awake at night once again. The alpha thought she had put it all to rest, her love, her betrayal she thought it was all behind her, and yet just the sight of Hollow had brought everything back. Was she truly attracted to Hollow or just the memory of the wolf she thought she had known so long ago? Confusion rolled within her, her emotions a turmoil and yet her muscles were motionless, she might as well have been a statue in the meadow.

For the past few days Minka had pushed herself even harder than normal, doing as much as possible hoping the busyness of it all would fight the memories away. Today however her heart couldn't fight them anymore and they had all come back to her, ripping her to shreds on the inside. This morning she had gotten up with the dawn as usual but instead of doing the morning border patrol she had gone past the territory borders and had ended up here. It had been hours since the fae had moved and as far as she was concerned she would sit here until she could once more force the memories back into the box she kept them in, where she never had to look. Like a mother who dug a hole and buried the stillborn pups Minka had buried Asterion in her mind, and now his ghost was here to taunt her, remind her of everything he had promised, all her hopes and dreams, every silent betrayal. She was haunted.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2014, 01:30 AM by Minka.)
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

She was feeling restless and not to mention lonely. Inali didn't know what it was. She had family, she had friends, was (somewhat) surviving winter. What else could she want? A mate, her traitorous subconcious whispered. Inali mentally sighed as she continued to wander around the territory. It was true. Even though she had everything she could want, she still didn't have what she wanted. A scent that she could recognize in her sleep drifted into her muzzle. Minka, the woman who was like a sister to her. No matter how little time they spent together because of their respective duties, they had a bond that could never be broken. Or at lwast that was what she hoped and believed. Her swift paws and trained muzzle soon led her to where Minka was. Off their pack territory, but still within close range of their lands. Inali moved close, drinking in the sight of her dear friend. They had both grown up over the past few months.

Minka into a strong and confident leader, and Inali into a trusted scout, no longer reminiscing over the nightmare of her past life. The woman layed herself next to her beloved friend and leader, their fur meshing together in a familiar way. Inali had missed the comfort that Minka always seemed to give her when she was near, and hopefully what Inali gave back. The rust-hued girl tenderly brushed her muzzle against her friend's furry neck. "What troubles you, my dear Minka?," Inali questioned softly as she pulled away.

It was clear that something troubled her friend. Inali wanted to know what it was so she could give her friend the comfort and strength she so desperately needed. Nothing would make Inali happier than to take the pain away from her friend's gaze.

Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

The sound of pawsteps in the snow whispered into the tawny ears and still the woman didn't move. Golden eyes stared ahead as her friend settled beside her, a silence stretching between them briefly, but it was comfortable, a silence that accompanied old friends who didn't need words. It took Minka many moments to answer Inali's question and when she did her voice sounded raw, broken, "I miss him, and I hate it, I thought I had put him behind me, I don't need him. But....when I saw Hollow I thought perhaps he had returned to me, my heart betrayed me, it felt.....joyful." The woman didn't specify who she was talking about, she didn't need to, there had been so many hushed conversations about the male with her friend. A dark loner had stolen her heart and toyed with her before casting her aside to disappear into the night.

Perhaps this was why she had been so angered by Sloane's disappearance, while Minka knew that Narimé hoped for his return she had banned the male from pack lands. Loyalty was everything to the alpha, and those who betrayed the trust of the pack, betrayed the loyalty they had established would not be welcomed back with open arms. Maybe this was why it would be best she left, so Narimé could decide what would be best for her family, her bonds were different than the tawny she wolf's, she had her pups best interest to consider. Suddenly the woman turned her muzzle to face her friend's, a question posed in her maw, "Inali....Tokino and I are leaving in the spring to start our own pack, come with us, come be my second, there is no one I would rather have by my side." She had been planning on asking her since her conversation with Kino, but she had been planning on waiting until the time was right. Right now though, now she just needed to get things in order, have something she can control.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

It was silent for a time, but Inali did not rush her friend. The silence was comforting in a way. Inali loved to be surrounded by people, but at times such as these she was grateful for the silence. It brought her peace. Until Minka spoke up of course. A flash of anger appeared in her usually warm eyes. Minka didn't have to say the name. Asterion had crushed her. His leaving had almost destroyed ger friend. She had witnessed first hand how broken he had left. She didn't wabt to think of the foolish scoundrel, it only made her angry. If she ever saw his face again, she would happily rip him to shreds.

At her thoughts, a scowl appeared on her features. She didn't get angry often, but when she did, it wasn't pretty. Realizing that Minka was probably waiting for an answer, she opened her. There was a no trace of anger in her voice as she spoke, for she did not want to upset her friend. There was just resigned acceptance. "The heart is a foolish thing. No matter how much someone betrays it, some small part of it will always love that someone. No matter how much hurt they brought."It sucked, yes, but it was true. At least in her perspective. No matter how much she hated her brothers and her father for their behavior with her, some small part of her still yearned for their acceptance and love. Even if she knew it would never happen.

Lost in her thoughts, Inali tuned in just as Minka was saying something of importance.

Tokino and I are leaving in the spring to start our own pack, come with us, come be my second, there is no one I would rather have by my side."

A pained gasp left her muzzle before she could stop it. She knew Tokino had been planning to leave in the Spring, but now Minka as well? How would she deal with the pain of losing them both and at the same time? Fates, this is too much to ask of me, she pleaded inwardly. Tokino was her friend...the man she could look up to know that not all men were dirtbags. The man she could lean on and play around with and not take offense. He was like a father to her. And Minka..Minka was like her sister. The family she had always yearned for. The Fates were asking too much of her to seperate with them both.

All these thoughts coursed through her mind in a matter of seconds. Not being able to sit still for any longer, she swiftly got to her feet. She did not walk far, in fact, she only moved a few steps away. Her voice was softer than usual as she spoke. "It's an honor that you ask this of me Minka, but, I'm...I'm afraid I'm not sure. My loyalty is to Whisper Caverns. This has become my home. And what about the pups? I have to make sure they'll be okay. Just...just give me time to think about it, yes?" The woman glanced briefly at her friend and then turned her eyes to the snowy clearing all aroujd them. She closed her eyes momentarily, needing a moment to compose herself.

Another question came to mind when she regained her composure. Looking at her friend, she spoke. "Have you talked to Ash about this?" Maybe the answer her friend gave her would help her make a decision. Sge didn't want to seem as a betrayer to the pack that had willingly given her a home those months ago, nor to her new leader. Inali was many things, but not a betrayer.

(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2014, 07:38 PM by Inali.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka's eyes were still focused straight ahead so she did not see the anger that was present on her friend's face. She did not need to see it, she knew how Inali felt about the man and she knew the rusted fae would be first in line to tear a strip off of Asterion's hide. Settling her own tawny head upon her paws the alpha shook her head slightly, "Unfortunately it is not my heart but myself who plays the fool in that story. Never once did we speak of our feelings for one another, yet I assumed that I meant something to him, truly a fool." The woman had not even thought for a second that maybe the dark man hadn't felt the same about her, so blind she had been to the truth and his intentions. She had lived in denial and in the end it had almost killed her, what you don't know, can hurt you.

The gasp caused Minka to turn her head sharply to look towards her friend, it was not the sound she had been expecting to hear. Golden eyes watched as the rusty fae moved farther away, clearing dealing with some kind of inner turmoil. The alpha couldn't help but feel a small stab at her heart at Inali's hesitation, she would have followed her to the end of the earth if she had asked. Minka was incredibly loyal to Whisper Caverns, they had taken her in and shaped her into the leader she was today, but Inali was like a sister to her and that ran thick. The she wolf knew she would always love her friend dearly but in this moment she also knew that if she left and her friend stayed, some part of their bond would be broken. Nodding her head though she answered, "You have time, we're leaving in early to mid breeding season, we plan on having pups of our own in the spring." The voice was saddened and it rang clear in her words, oh how she had wished that Inali would be by her side to help raise her children.

Standing now Minka faced her friend, waiting until eye contact was made between the two of them. "I wanted your answer before I spoke with Narimé and Ash, I was planning on calling a meeting with them as soon as I asked you. I will tell them of my plans today, never would I betray either of them by leaving without an explanation. The words were firm, there would be no questions left unanswered by the pair, one a male who led by her side who loved another, and one a heartbroken former alpha. They would have to work out within themselves how they would lead their pack, for Minka knew deep in her heart that Whisper Caverns was no longer her home.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
@Minka Didn't know if you wanted to keep on talking about Asterion or not. I can totally change it if you want :D

Speech.

Inali was in turmoil. Her heart was telling her to accompany her friend, heck, if it was any other situation, she would have! She would've followed the confident woman anywhere. Absolutely anywhere. But Minka was asking her to leave her family, broken as it was. Her heart couldn't decide between leaving with Minka, which would ultimately lead to a deeper bond than the special one they had already, or stay and help Whisper Caverns through the muddle it would become when Minka and Tokino took their leave. Their would only be 4 members left, 7 if you counted the pups that would turn into Yearlings.

The russet fae locked eyes with the woman that she shared so many memories with, good and bad. Minka spoke of her having ample time to decide, for they would leave during breeding season to have pups. A small smile spread across her muzzle, the first one since this conversation began. It stayed there as Minka continued, telling her that Narime and Ash would know that very day of her plans.

Inali nodded as Minka finished, walking tentaviley back to her friend. Her touch was gentle and apologetic as she moved her body to brush against hers, their fur mingling together. Inali didn't stop until she made a full circle. "I pray you don't think bad of me. But you must know what you are asking of me." Her eyes were now boring into Minka's to understand. They had all become her family, how could she ask her to choose a side?

"In due time, expect an answer my friend. But for now, let's talk about pups! How ever did you think of Kino?" Her amused laughter could be heard across the empty meadow. She just found it too amusing. The old man with kids?"He won't mess around, that's for sure," she continued. Inali's blue orbs were once again bright. It was time to move onto happier topics, and what better topic than pup's? Especially Tokino's pups. The deep affection she held for the elder man could be seen in her eyes, not to.mention the idea of more pups to care for almost made her giddy. Unconciously, she was already leaning onto the side of leaving with Minka in the spring.

(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2014, 09:57 PM by Inali.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka's eyes stayed trained upon Inali as emotions flicked across her friends face before settling on a small smile. Tension slightly eased a smile of her own emerged on her features, and her stomach clenched in both excitement and nerves. Oh how long had she wanted children of her own and finally it would be her time, to swell with life and then see her own blood and joy grow. Visions of rusty and silver pups playing danced in her mind, summers spent lounging and teaching them, their first hunts, their first snowfall. There was so much a child would have to learn, and Minka knew in her heart she would be there for every single step. The smile faltered before the alpha nodded solemnly, "I know what I'm asking," she was asking to trade in her comfort and family for trust and a new family. Whisper Caverns had once been a home to the rusted alpha, just a few months ago, but with the turmoil of Asterion's disappearance, Narimé's trip and Sloane somehow...that comfort had vanished. Now it was as if the shadow of what this place had once been threatened to swallow her whole.

A small chuckle escaped her throat at Inali's baffled questioning, the thought of Tokino as her children's father had confused her once as well. A bemused grin crossed her maw as she thought of saving him from the bull elk, how strong he had been saving her back. Shaking her head slightly Minka chuckled once more, "It seemed strange at first to me as well...but he is steady, I trust him and I have witnessed firsthand how selfless he can be. I believe that he will be an albeit strict father, but a good one, one who wouldn't ever abandon his children." The words carried a slight grudge, as her thoughts wandered to Sloane, another male she thought she could trust disappeared in the night. He had left his mate, his children, his pack, everyone who needed him behind without even a word. Traitor.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
I had muse for this...and then bleh :/ but I was halfway through it so..

Speech.

Inali nodded at her friend's answer. It was true, after all. Tokino was all that and more. He was a good man, one of the few in this world. There weren't that many good men left in the world of Tokino's caliber. "I must agree with you, my friend. You are right in all acounts. Tokino is a loyal man, and the only way he will leave his children and this new pack you will create is if Death itself comes and takes him." The thoughts were morbid but true. She wasn't an idiot. It was a continuos joke between the two of him being some old geezer. Truth was, he was going to get old, sooner or later. And he would die.

The thought alone brought a painful pang to her heart. Sighing softly, she looked at her friend. Not letting the morbid thoughts take any more hold on her, she opened her maw to talk of another topic. "Where do you think you will go?" The question was out of her maw before she could stop it. She wondered if her friend had thought of it yet, and then wanted to smack her own paw against her face. "I apologize. You probably haven't thought that far," she said, her tone apologetic. But now she had herself curious. She wondered where her friend would settle. Would it be somewhere surrounded by wood, or a secluded open clearing. Damn her curious heart. One day, her unsatiable curiousity would drag her into a problem that she couldnt fathom how to get out of.

Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

A tender smile tugged at Minka's lips at her friends words, she truly did believe that Tokino was a great man, he would be a good father. Chuckling she shook her head, "Something tells me that even if death did take that wolf he would come back to haunt us all," the words were playful, though possibly true. He was a proud man and that pride had began to rub off on the alpha, her children would carry a noble and strong name with them. They would be raised to be proud, to be good, to know to do what is right and wrong and to do the right thing with grace like their father. Their mother had become a natural and strong leader, hopefully these qualities would continue on in her offspring. Minka knew she would have to raise them to earn what they have, teach them that they must deserve respect before that can get it, fight for what they deserve.

A smile showed across the tawny features as the woman daydreamed about what motherhood would be like. Though a dark cloud crossed her face once more at the thought of telling Narimé and Ash, she dreaded the moment but she knew it was fast approaching. The severing of ties might not be pretty but it was necessary, and it would have to be done one way or another if everyone was to be happy. Quietly now the she wolf approached her friend, gently nudging her cheek with her own muzzle, "I should go, please just....consider my offer, it would break my heart to leave you behind." The words were quiet but heartfelt, and then Minka turned and made her way back to Whisper Caverns alone, rehearsing in her head what she would say to Narimé and Ash.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

The tawny woman thankfully didn't speak of her earlier blunder. Instead, the woman took her leave. Minka nudged her muzzle against her cheek, and Inali leaned into the comforting touch. What would she do without Minka? Inali heard her quiet words, but said nothing, opting to just watch the woman's retreating figure. Inali sighed, knowing that she had a tough decision to make. Her mind told her to not leave Whisper Caverns, though it was not the same home that she had come to know and love the previous spring. Everything was changing, and it was taking time for her to adjust. Her heart yearned for something else entirely. She was a scout at heart, and the rust-hued woman craved the sight of new surroundings. New adventures, a new beginning.

Walking slowly back to the Caverns, Inali was deep in her thoughts. She really was loyal to the core, praying to the Fates that whatever decision she would choose would not make her a betrayer in the beholder's eyes. If she stayed in Whisper Caverns, Minka would feel betrayed and hurt. Deep down, Inali knew that if she stayed, their bond would not be as special as it once was. But if she left with Minka and Tokino in the spring, she was afraid of Ash's reaction. She had come to enjoy his company. Not to mention the rest of her pack mates, like Yuka. How could she bear to part ways with her young Knight? He meant too much for her to just hurt him in that way. It seemed that Inali had to go have some conversations of her own. Walking onto pack territory, she set off to go deep into the caves. Inali needed time to think, and good thinking could only be made in quiet isolation. At least for a little while.

{Fade out}