(See All?) Announcements
449 Users Online
Google

no survivors — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
sorry this took forever. I have Arlette following her from OTB to the base of the mountain through Spectral Woods so they can investigate with Jessie waiting for her to catch up xD
When it gets cold outside
The woods began to thin, the snow drifts grew in size. Stubbornly, large paws spread wide, the white wolf was attempting to stay on top of the crust that lay under the inches of power, all while trying to trail Jessie. The shorter female seemed to float where Lettie sank. Had age given her better balance? Did she simply know the trick to stay above? With a twist of her long haired tail again she would try not to fall through. Again she may make it eight, almost ten steps before leaving an uneven hole. She would have to ask Jessie what her secret was. They hadn't even reached the mountain yet, and she couldn't imagine what it would be like. She had never seen so much snow in her life. Was it this bad on the other side? Was it this place? No one could tell her, because this was everyone's first winter here.

Licking a few snowy crystals from her chin, a quick pant she trudged onward. Thank goodness Jessie was not white. Familiar comfort her pale yellow eyes held onto her pretty, silvery coat. With a light bark, Arlette tried to assure her companion she was still coming. She was only half as graceful. Mustering more of her energy, she began not to try to trot, but bound to try to close the distance. This was important to the pack. Scouting for food, and more importantly what may be impeding Kisla's return. As the white lady would continue fighting her way, she was certain they already had their answer. Snow. Lots and lots of it.

The slightly older woman was now standing, looking about. With a partial wagging tail, Lettie's side heavy slightly she came to stand beside Jessie. In temporary lack of words, Lettie assumed the lady's mind was already on where they would go next, and other possibilities. If to appear thoughtful too, she stared in the distance they had yet to cover while catching her breath. "Sorry, I've never had to deal with this much snow," she offered with a faint smile. Then,white ears tipped back, but she quickly bit back the question she didn't dare ask.
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2014, 03:30 AM by Arlette.)
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Hope the whole thing with Triell is okay. PM me if it isn't. And...is Arlette's weight correct? Because she's much lighter than Jessie.

Arlette and Jessie were out on a mission. One that Triell had sent them on. When the man had come to her, she had been unsure of leaving alone and had suggested to bring along one of their new members, Arlette, whom Jessie had barely spoken to since she had gained entry into their pack. That had been back when Ice had ruled over their lands, and though she respected Triell as their alpha, she would give anything to have her white snowball back by her side. She needed someone to confide in and someone to confide in her. With Fenru things didn’t always work out, because Jessie never found him, most likely because their duties conflicting, but with Ice both of them had always ended up bumping into one another at the most convenient times. She sighed softly at the thoughts in her mind and letting her nose take over once again. Even though they were on their way to the mountains to investigate, Jessie was trying to find any scent of Kisla that would give any sign that the woman had crossed back over to the east side of the mountains. As of yet, she had not had any such luck.

Jessie was purposefully staying away from where she had found Rissa’s torn body with Fenru and Ice. The memory had caused an ice cold hand to grip at her spine, causing her to feel highly uneasy and uncomfortable. Every once and awhile, Jessie had to remind herself to slow down, much for Arlette’s benefit more than her own. Though, it wouldn’t hurt her to slow down, the Huntress definitely didn’t want another repeat of finding a broken body on her own. Ice had always joked with her about how she was too quick for her own good and had superb senses when it came to tracking something…and the trip to find Rissa had proved such facts. Jessie just wished she could have had her own epiphany in better circumstances. Stopping once again so that she could see what progress her pack mate was making, she almost couldn’t hide the small giggle of amusement that was about to escape her muzzle. Whereas Jessie had bounded over the hollow snow as if it were nothing. Arlette…was not having so much luck. None the less, the older woman patiently waited for the girl to catch up to her, ears thrown forward so that she could hear the white lady better, "It’s fine. I just want to get towards the mountains before sundown. I need to run as accurate a check on it as I can." Now that they were caught up, the gray woman turned back on her heel and bounded towards the mountains again, going much slower than she had been before so that the other woman could keep up with her.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Sorry for the wait. I always assumed Jessie was small because of that. I can see not the case. I edited my post. :) I'll think of her more a little shorter than Lettie. <3
When it gets cold outside
With this task Lettie hoped to better know Jessie. Maybe, it was the way she carried herself so surely, the way she hadn't immediately rejected her upon arrival, but it made her miss her own sister. Made her want the familiarity of a friend, to share laughs, and grins. Possibly those moments when it came to quiet talks. That was a silly hope in her head, she often thought. It went against her future plans for leaving. How things looked now, would she? The white lady also hoped to know better the history of the pack. There was a lot she didn't. This point she assumed Ice was Fenru's dad. She had no idea all the tragedy that had fallen upon them time after time, much like that of Grizzly Hollow. Sometimes she wondered if she should even try to unravel their stories. When she had seen Fenru in the orchard, he had said he hadn't been ready to speak about what his eyes held. Maybe, that was simply how it was for them. She couldn't blame such ideas, she was much the same way.

Now it seemed Ice and Merlin were out there searching somewhere for Jessie's sister,and here they were hoping for another, when did it end? Did any family manage not to string itself out? Or was that simply the way of the wolf.

Ears rising to alto voice, with a smile of gratitude Lettie took the scout's words, and nodded. She wanted to reach the mountain before dark as well. There seemed to be less out in this winter, but near this mountain Arlette couldn't help but think about hungry mountain cats. Easily as Jessie took off, Lettie made a greater effort to remain only a few strides behind this time. So far she remained trailing close, in the slow movement of the sun passing above the mountains grew in height. They were about to it's base, her brows furrowed, and she looked up one side and down the other. "Now what do we do?" Far as she could see it was an empty white canvas, the snow deeper than that which they had traversed. Shouldn't there be rocks, tops of sleeping brush? Slowly, she dared let her pale yellow gaze settle to the verdant of her pack mate's waiting for instruction.
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Both women worked as hard as they could towards the mountains and though the trip was taking slightly longer than Jessie had originally anticipated, she didn't mind the company of Arlette. The other girl was respectable and she did not start with any petty conversations that would have ended up being a distraction. Flicking her tail behind her, she gracefully moved towards the mountain, her jaw slightly agape once she saw the sight in front of her fully. All she could see was white and large pit of doubt formed into the pit of her stomach. Remembering her companion beside her, she snapped her jaws shut with a sharp click and listened to her question, one that snapped Jessie back to the past for a few moments. With a mental shake of her head, her emerald eyes focused back on the younger girl, formulating what she should do, "I'm going to climb to take a better look. Stay down here..I don't want to risk you falling, and if I do, then I need you to tell the pack."

Nodding her head towards the younger girl to make sure she understood, Jessie started towards the mountains, calling upon her experiences from last winter's trip over the mountains and started her assent. She tried to be careful, her steps flattering every once and away when she would misstep and slip, her heart pounding in her ears. She tried to make the least amount of noise possible for her wished of not alarming the young girl below her. The Scout did not get far though, for the usual stepping stones that she could reach were nonexistent and worry flooded through Jessie. It would have been hard for anyone to get down from the mountains and probably impossible for anyone to get up the mountains from the point that Jessie was at. Shaking her head, she started to make her way back down from the mountains, her emerald eyes attentively to her steps, not letting herself make another mistake like the foolish one she had already made. Once she had made her way down to Arlette, Jessie hesitated before speaking to the younger girl. "The mountains...they are blocked. There is no way for anyone to cross the mountains...I'm hoping that Kisla is on the other side of the mountains...safe, but for now we must tell Triell of what we have discovered..come now, dear," the woman spoke, strongly, with confidence, when really on the inside, dread was filling her to the rim and she didn't know how to tip over her glass.