(See All?) Announcements
483 Users Online
Bing

over your head — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla felt as if she had a katzenjammer. Her limbs ached, her head felt like it was being submerged, although she was having no problems breathing. Sick would have been the right word if that had been the way that she felt. It wasn't sick, it was just different. Her tail curled around her side, hugging her haunch as she lay on the ground, pawing cherries towards herself, to pop them into her mouth. It had been so long since she'd had them that she could hardly remember if she'd ever even liked them.

But she continued to shovel them down, as if eating all the cherries would turn back time when she still wasn't innocent, but at least things were normal. Indru had brought her here and gotten her cherries. Where was he now? Hell, she couldn't even remember that now. It hadn't been that long since she'd run away from them to come back here, but she'd been so far away from home that she didn't even know where she'd been and never bothered to ask. It didn't matter. She was home now. Who even cared where the rest of them were?

The red cherry juice stained her muzzle and paws, and she eventually ceased eating the fruits, finding her stomach beginning to churn with either newly found sickness, or just nostalgia. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

(This post was last modified: Feb 09, 2011, 10:46 PM by Borlla.)
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
The female had let her nose lead her over the grasses of the zone towards a smell she'd only known of in a whisp of a dream. The smell was familiar, but she couldn't place where she'd scented it before for the life of her. Her paws led her to this place, the pads sinking into the soft grass in silence as she slipped carefully into the patches of bramblebsushes and leaves. It was the wind changing that alerted her to the fact that she was no longer alone in this place, the white wolf freezing in her creeping crawl to listen.

Among the whispering blades of grass and the rustling plant life, she could hear the breathing of another wolf, her ears swiveling this way and that to catch the location of the being. Vlarindara crept closer, keeping downwind of the other canid before realizing that she was approaching not a wolf, but a pup. Two different things entirely in her own mind. Knowledge that it was a pup gave the white one courage as she lifted from her crouched stalking position.

The wolf froze when a shift of the wind brought her fur ruffling along her shoulderblades, and the scent of her being towards the young pup. Her scent was clean and woodsy, carrying the smell of musk along with the hint of sage - and tied within all of these smells was the underlying bite of disease and general sickness. Her eyes, despite the malnourishment and illness were bright and aware, focused on the young pup, her entire being tensed as if to flee...or was it tensed to attack?
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2011, 09:16 PM by Vlarindara.)
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla was full of knowledge of wolf kind. From a younger age, she'd wandered away from her home without permission or a chaperon, and had met many a character. Despite what her brothers had always told her, she'd never met a monster. Sure, there was one kinda crazy wolf that had tried to frighten her, but she'd seen through his ruse. Since then, she'd found it rather difficult to be afraid of strangers. Even if the threat was clear, she wasn't sure how scared she'd really be.

Covered in berries, Borlla wiped her muzzle across the ground, smearing dark crimson over the blades of grass. It was then that the snow began to fall, and she stared up at the sky for a moment. Within a few hours it would accumulate beyond comprehension. Snow. She loved it. Imagine all the berries in the snow. Red speckles spattering the perfect white like blood. She giggled, and crushed a fruit beneath her paw. Leveling her muzzle with the earth, she sniffed, suddenly noticing a scent other than her own. She was slightly alerted, but didn't move. Uneasiness crept into her belly, but outwardly, her emotions hadn't changed.

It was just another stranger looking for berries. Nothing to worry about. She wouldn't bother them, if they didn't bother her. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
She froze when she saw the pup lift her head - but it was a pup! Of all the creatures, Vlarindara simply couldn't attack younger wolves.. She was more apt to adopt them.. She made herself known, emerging from the brush and shaking herself quietly before padding towards the laughing wolf. "My apologies if I interrupted your meal..." The female glanced around, her amber eyes looking for another wolf - another well.. anything! This one couldn't be on her own, could she? She looked down at the pup before tucking her haunches beneath her, her tail curled around her paws.

"You...can't be alone.. could you? Where is your family?" Nothing upset the female more than seeing a young wolf or worse, a pup on their own and fending for themselves. Most younger pups didn't have a clue how to hunt - let alone having the experience and knowledge to do it. Though.. this one seemed to be getting along by playing with the berries in the field.. and eating them quite happily.. but berries weren't a good diet for a wolf.. not a good diet at all.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
The feeling of anxiety that had plagued her insides a moment ago subsided as the wolf revealed herself. Once again, she felt like she always did. In charge, unafraid. She was fearless. That was that. Borlla abandoned her berries, and looked up at the stranger. The female was much larger than her, that was for sure, and her pelt was basically pure white. Though her words had been directed at Borlla, she didn't seem to be looking at her at all.

In response, Borlla merely grunted, and kept her eyes locked on the seemingly distracted larger female. Why was this female stalking her? That seemed a little weird. Borlla greatly disliked the idea that this wolf had been watching her, and Borlla knew the wolf had been watching her before she appeared from the brush. The female sat eventually, and Borlla merely shifted her gaze to continue her near death stare at her. Irritation immediately began to bubble up inside of her. Worry. Was that really what this wolf was concerned with? <b style="color:#32527a">"...Excuse me?" Borlla's voice was an irritated growl. <b style="color:#32527a">"I'm not a child." She said, quite matter-of-factly, truly believing her words, so there was no snootiness to her tone. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
"Not a child? Well you must be much older than you look if you're not a child.. Much tougher than you look as well." Vlarindara's tone was gentle, and joking mostly - she knew a wolf like Borlla... who demanded he was no child.. Instead, she settled into the snow, pulled up on her haunches and watching the area around them.. She was taller than the.. adult wolf so she would take the responsibility of watching out for danger.. or that blasted bear!

"There's no reason to stop your meal for my sake, li-...young one.. I've had my meal for the day." Not exactly.. but she refused to cheat a pup out of a meal.. Absolutely refused to do it. The female shifted her large ears back and forth as she scanned the snow covered lands around them.. knowing that even if the pup thought she was all grown up - she would still jump in to keep her safe... Odd how the younglings pulled at her heartstrings so very much.. but this one looked well fed.. as if she could take care of herself... perhaps she could.."So what is a big, grown up wolf such as yourself doing eating berries? Wouldn't you want something tastier?"
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
<b style="color:#32527a">"I haven't been a pup in months." Borlla growled, her tone bitter and aggressive. This wolf just didn't get it, did she? Obviously not, since she sounded like she was still joking around. Borlla certainly wasn't. From the get go, since she could function properly, she hated being called a pup. And then she reached the point where she knew, despite her age, that no one could really call her that. It was synonymous with small, and weak, and stupid, and she was none of those things.

Stop her meal? Sure, the cherries were tasty but they hardly were a meal. Borlla rolled her eyes. As if she'd even consider sharing the cherries with this wolf in the first place. How presumptuous. The larger female looked about herself again, which aggravated the Tainn girl even more. Looking out for danger? She was perfectly capable of defending herself. <b style="color:#32527a">"Don't patronize me, loner!" She snarled again, her jowls rising to reveal her perfect sharp, white teeth. <b style="color:#32527a">"If I wanted something else to eat, I'd have no problem getting it myself." Her honey-hued eyes narrowed, and her tail, despite her lying position, began to curl over her back. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
"I wouldn't doubt that.. you wouldn't be as healthy as you were if you weren't able to care for yourself." She smiled, a slight uplifting of her lips before she returned to looking around. "I'm.. a wee bit peckish myself.. would you like to perhaps go hunting with me? I'm sure we could manage something a little larger than berries or rabbits." Despite her joking tone from before... she was serious and to prove it, she got to her feet and shook herself - sending snow flying every which way.

The female turned, snuffling around on the snows surface before glancing back to the pu--Wolf. "You know these lands better than I... would you perhaps like to lead us in our hunt?" She wasn't sure how pack structure worked in this life.. but in hers it was a sign of a pup passing to adult-hood when they could lead a hunt themselves....but with the stand-offish nature of this younger wolf.. she wasn't sure how such a request would be received. Nonetheless, she waited until Borlla made the decision on their direction..
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla began to wonder if there was much use in trying anymore. This loner obviously wasn't getting the picture that she didn't want anything to do with her, and sick of being spoken to like a child. She could forgive Indru or Ruiko, but a wolf she didn't even know the name of? Of course not. It wasn't even funny to the creme girl. But she dropped her snarling act when the loner mentioned hunting. The idea sounded appealing to Borlla, but why would she want to share her meal with a loner? She didn't need help to hunt.

But it had reached the point where she began to wonder (again) what the use was in defying this clueless wolf. Maybe if Borlla hunted with her, she'd go away, or at least stop making stupid comments about Borlla's age. Borlla rose as the white female did, but didn't shake off the little snow that had began to collect on her back. Without a word, but in agreement, she curved away from the loner, and moved further into the orchard.

There were occasionally deer here. Picking berries off of the ground. Borlla moved silently through the growing blanket of snow, eying into the distance, and around herself. And when she spotted a target, she dropped. Now, it was true. Borlla wasn't a pup now in any sense of the word, only in size, but...It was clear that even she didn't think she was that small. Two or three rows of trees away, a young buck was picking at the cherries on a few of the lower branches of a tree.

This, obviously could only end in disaster, but Borlla was willing to take a chance, just to see if she could do it. It wasn't like she was hunting alone, right? The white wolf was fairly large. While the odds were stacked against them, it wasn't staggeringly high, at least in Borlla's eyes. <b style="color:#32527a">"Over here," She hissed to the loner, and kept on staring towards the deer. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

When the younger female pulled away, Vlarindara followed, trotting through the snow as silently as she could. She had crouched low to the ground to keep her profile as minimal as she could. The white wolf did her best to blend in with the snow and let Borlla lead.. she was the... pack member right? If the scents on her fur had anything to do with it. Of course.. they were faint...but still present. When she called her over, Vlarindara hastened to her side and crouched in the snow. Both ears and eyes were trained on the young buck, sizing him up and debating their chances. She had taken down a buck much like this one once on her own... but it hadn't really been much of a hunt.. more dodging his blows and waiting for his wound to bleed him out. This one appeared perfectly healthy - and might cause some problems,... though she didn't want the pup injured.. err..not pup injured.

"Do you want me to flank around him?" She settled her mind on the possibilities of this hunt...if Borlla rushed from the brush and startled the animal, it would most likely turn and run away from the threat.. and if she had managed to get around it.. it would run straight into her.. and she could attempt to use her bulk to halt it.. Their only real chance with this deer was either tiring it out with constantly hazing the thing and not letting it run more than a few steps.. or a lucky strike at its throat. She doubted either... a pack of wolves might be able to haze the thing and keep it from running - but they were only two. The female was poised to run.. waiting and keeping her voice to a mere whisper, low enough that their prey wouldn't be able to hear them.

user posted image