(See All?) Announcements
325 Users Online
Bing, Google, Eclypse

are you ready for a perfect storm
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 79 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder
@Lalani
again, sorry for taking so long with this. ^^;

The snow could not cover the pack's scent, though it battled valiantly to do so. Anneliese had heard of them, of their loss and their august exodus. A pack with such heart was certain to be the place for her, though whether or not such a situation would be permanent, she had not decided. Whatever way she decided to go come spring, she was certain they could form some kind of bond for the winter. They would need her presence, this was a fact; not because she thought herself anything extraordinary, but because this winter was the most lethal she had seen in her life, and any pack will require whatever help they can get.

Saying this winter was the harshest of her experience wasn't much of a statement in context, however, as she had come from a summery vale and even in the winter months sported a relatively thin coat. While her stamina kept her strong for the journey, she found herself drifting near her dark coated companion. Or at the least, as close as the woman would allow her. She was careful not to press her luck, though she had come to trust Lalani to have her back so long as Anna herself did accidentally transgress.

Wandering closer to her compliment to brace against a particularly strong buffet of icy wind, Anneliese slowed her strides. Any closer, and they would be meandering onto blurred lines. While the border was clearly a distance off, she could not be certain how defensive they would be and how far their buffer extended. She looked to Lalani, and tossed her a smile.

"Ready to meet the welcoming committee?"

She paused only for a moment, green eyes watching for any hesitation and ears perked for a vocal nix, before lifting her maw in the air to bark out her request for an audience.

Played by Vickie who has 58 posts.
VIII. Lowest
Lalani Callahan
Lalani trotted beside Annlise as they approached an obscure area in the forest. At first, she wondered why Anna had stopped. While the smell of the pack wafted around them, the boundary was still a ways away. Then she realized that her companion was just being cautious. Lani probably would have rode that line if she were alone, but suppressed her rebelliousness. Anna was right. They needed a pack and they weren't going to get in by pissing off the locals.

Lalani noticed Anna sidling closer, seeking warmth or comfort, she couldn't tell. The white female did so hesitantly, as if she were afraid of Lani. Anna let out a bark into the the forest to get the attention of any nearby wolves. "Ready to meet the welcoming committee?" Her words floated through the frigid air and Lani took a step closer to her pearly friend. They were a team now, and Anna had no reason to fear her as long as she continued to be trustworthy. To Lani, loyalty and trust were everything, and betrayal would be a death sentence.

In response to her question, she gave a smirk then raised her muzzle to the sky, releasing a long, echoing howl that carried through the frozen forest. That howl was not something they could ignore. Staying clear of the boundaries was an act of respect, but her howl demanded attention. It was a good balance between submissive and dominant. Smiling at Anna, she chuckled. "Let them come." She was ready for them, for better or for worse.

Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Maksim was never the kind of wolf to ambulate; wanderlust had never been something he had to deal with in his life. He was a grounded kind of creature, liked to stick to a pack and ensure their safety at all costs. No wolf could be alone forever, especially if they wanted to survive a winter like this one was proving to be, or at least become. Every wolf had to settle down at some point, and if they didn't the Baranski would have no time for them—he had a family to protect, after all. Hopefully, only those willing to be loyal to him would find his borders. Betrayal and abandoning was something he did not take lightly.

On the subject of loners, a shrill bark caught the attention of the Cut Rock River leader, his head turning to the direction it came from. Not too long after that came a howl, a request for the leaders to come grace them with their presence. Shaking free snowflakes from his pelt, the Baranski set off to see to the loner at his border. Whilst the pack would want to bring in as much new blood as possible, it was also a case of not wanting too many lazy mouths to feed. They had to prove their worth to the River leader, else the agouti wolf would have no qualms with turning them away.

His tail stood erect, his body poised to show the loner he was the boss as moved onwards. Who he was met with, however, nearly came as a surprise: a pair of loners, side by side, awaiting his arrival. His eyes remained unreadable as he approached, looking between the contrasting females, waiting for their shows of submission. Finally the agouti leader came to a halt, watching them carefully. “Maksim Baranski. I assume you have not come to my home for a simple friendly visit.” The words rolled effortlessly from his tongue. “So I will ask why you have come to Cut Rock River.” And you'd best be quick about it. Do not waste my time.

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder
@Lalani @Maksim

Anneliese noticed Lalani's generous proximity and the confidence in her eyes, and felt mirth mix with the determination within her chest at the reassurance she had just been gifted with. Her tail drifted into a slow wag and she gave her comrade an even larger smile, glad to have come to such an understand when their meeting, a time past now, had initially been so rocky. She was certain that they both, together, would have plenty to offer this pack.

As was to be expected from any properly kept homestead, they were greeted almost immediately. By airs, he was absolutely an alpha, though an wolf from Cut Rock River would have every right to hold their head so high around Anneliese and Lalani. Her tail ceased it's motion and tucked close to her stomach, and her nose nearly brushed the snowdrifts that had swallowed each paw as she bowed her head. Her eyes drifted from Lalani's paws to their greeter's, watching every step he took until finally he took his stand and voiced an introduction.

"We wish to join your family, Sir Baranski, and assist in surviving the winter in whatever way we can. I am Anneliese; I posses basic knowledge of medicinal tactics and poisons, and excel at tracking, stealth, and combat. And my companion..." her words drifted and her maw swung toward the night-cloaked woman at her side, allowing Lalani her say.

VIII. Lowest
Lalani Callahan
It didn't take long for one of the pack membors to arrive. Lalani found herself standing face to face with a large, older male. He was handsome in a generic way, but his face was frozen in an unreadable mask. Lalani watched as his gaze flicked between them, no doubt, taking in thier differences. She wondered what kind of personality that mask could possibly be hinding. She kept her own emotions hidden behind a playful smirk, but feared that she would end up with another abusive alpha.

He was kirt and seemed impatient as he introduced himself. Anna quickly explained herself, then trailed off, waiting for Lalani to continue. She wasn't sure , exactly what to say to the stranger, she was good at plenty of things, but she wasn't sure what he would be looking for. She kept her posture tall, refused to lower her tail, but turned her gaze to the tip of his nose. "I'm a good hunter and tracker." Turning her gaze to his she said, "I'm also very stealthy, a good fighter, and an amazing lier." She raised her eyebrows at him, not sure what he would make of her statement.

It was true all the same. Her father used to use her like a spy when he needed to find something out. Remembering thatshe wasn't the only one talking to him, she glanced at Anna giving her a reasuring look. She didn't want her thinking that she had been lying to her the entire time. Lalani was also surprised by just how much they had in common. She turned her attention back to the stern male in front of them and waited impatiently for his response.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
As contrasting as their coats, the female's attitude to the arrival of Maksim Baranski, leader of Cut Rock River, were polar opposites. One was acceptable in the male's eyes and the other was a mockery.

The white coated woman bent down as Maksim arrived, submitted to his obvious dominance of the lands. She knew her place was beneath him as a loner at his door. His gaze remained fixed on her as she offered her reasoning for coming to his borders, sizing her up. A home was what she sought, to join his family. To become a River wolf. Her name was Annelisse and she bargained her piece quickly—a wolf of medicinal practices, it seemed—before she trailed off to allow her “companion” to introduce herself. This was, sadly, where things would go sour.

This insolent bitch did not lower herself to the ground, merely looked to the tip of his dark nose. His lip raised, an obvious sign of displeasure, as he stared directly at her. Immediately, he was reminded of @Namara and @Angra. No name was given, only useless words that would do no good for him unless she lowered her damn posture and asked his forgiveness. A good hunter and a good tracker. A fighter. Stealthy. A liar. His ears pricked forwards, his hackles raising as a wicked snarl escaped his parted jaws. It was obvious he was not pleased with this girl's performance at all. What kind of wolf used such words when seeking a home?! What sort of simple minded fool did not submit to the king of the land! The way she raised her eyebrows and then broke her gaze away from him was infuriating, a slap in the face. It was kicking dirt on his position and rank. The River leader was incensed.

Maksim arched his neck before he suddenly lurched forwards, straight towards the youngest of the females. His fangs, his weapons of choice, were aimed at her muzzle with the intent to grab her in a vice grip. The Baranski did not handle blatant disrespect well, especially on his own borders. Where he had not been able to punish Angra, he would teach this vagabond a lesson. She had best redeem herself.

(This post was last modified: Dec 31, 2013, 12:53 AM by Maksim.)

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

A bear has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health

VIII. Lowest
Lalani Callahan
Lalani knew in an instant that she had made a mistake. Maksim's fetures changed, he seemed enraged as he snarled.You've really done it this time.The large male made a move to lunge, directly at her. Terror raced up her spine. She reacted without thinking and dropped to the ground like a rag doll. Her muscles trembled, they remembered too. She stifled the sensation of phantom fangs tearing into her pelt and she had to fight to keep past separated from present. "I'm sorry! Please forgive me! Don't hurt me!" She just managed to contain the impulse to add, 'not again'. She layed on her side in the snow, eyes clamped shut and tail tucked. She took a quick breath, then blurted, "My n-name is Lalani C-Callahan. I only mentioned those things because they could be assets. I won't lie to y-you. I came for a home. I'm actuallyvery trustworthy and loyal to the death." These last words she said strongly as she opened her eyes and looked to Anna. There wasn't much the female could do if she wanted to be accepted. "Please don't let my actions affect your decision. She is everything she said and more. A great asset. She deserves a home, and a better friend than me." Lalani knew that even after the submission she was probably two seconds away from being kicked to the curb. She should have plead her own case but couldn't stand the thought of her friend being turned away because of her. She tried to tell this to Anna silently. Lani had said her peice, now she waited for the strong male's inevitable rejection. He actually seemed to be a good alpha, and if she were in his position she would probably beat the crap out of her too. She had blown it. Why did you have to be such an insolent bitch to him? She asked herself. Her subconcious whispered the answer.....Fear.
Inactive Deceased
Anneliese Schroder

It seemed that whatever they did, they harshly contrasted. Yet they had survived, leaning on each other's shoulders, from the mountain's beginning to the heart of Cedarwood Forest, cooperatively. Whatever mixture they created, it worked. And so, even though Lalani's presentation went against what Anneliese had been bred to know as a respectable impression, no concern passed over her features as the other woman spoke. If things did not work out, they would seek shelter with the next pack. Though limited, there was still time.

The alpha before them was not as forgiving, however. His entire demeanor shifted, melting like ice into fire as he lunged forward. Anneliese's reaction was simultaneous; as he spread his jaws she pressed herself against Lalani's side and held her position, a silent expression of fortitude. She would not return the violence in any form at this point, for this was Maksim's domain and she respected his right to dominate anyone who challenged his authority. However, she needed Lalani to know that she was there for her; that she was at her side and would ultimately choose to back her up if things escalated further.

As Lalani smartly lay down under the man's force, Anneliese shifted her position, cautiously. Her green eyes were trained on Maksim, monitoring every twitch and spasm, waiting for him to amp up the violence. If he showed signs of aggression that went beyond simply forcing Lalani to submit, Anneliese would dismiss his rank and fight for her ally. She positioned herself behind Lalani, a single limb stretched over the woman and planted between her void-coated body and Maksim's state. With this posture, she hoped to allow Maksim the ability to assert himself while also passively and silently relaying to him that she would back up Lalani if he pushed her to. She remained low to the ground, with a tucked tail and a chin so low it touched Lalani's rapidly heaving chest.

Anneliese was touched by her friend's words, and knew that she genuinely meant every sentiment. It was what she had learned about the girl, that there was a thick shell enveloping a soft and endearing center; she needed only to be given a chance, security, and then she shone.

"What she says is honest," Anneliese softly interjected, hoping that Maksim was willing to allow her to add to Lani's defense. "Lalani is coarse, but a wonderful friend that I will not replace. I might not have survived this far into the winter without her to rely on. She needs only be given a little faith, and I vouch without an ounce of doubt that she will prove loyal and genuine while giving her all to support your family. We both will; but only together."

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2014, 02:08 AM by Anneliese.)
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
She dropped like a ton of bricks, though this was hardly enough to satiate the leader's frustration. Maksim was quick to change course and follow her down, ready to show his power over the land and whoever lived within it. He was the king. Grabbing hold of her muzzle in his jaws, the River leader held the ebony wolf down as she quickly back tracked, desperate to explain herself as her eyes were squeezed shut, like she were fighting back the desire to yelp and whine. It wouldn't have mattered either way if she whimpered like a cub. She had scorned him and now she was physically being shown her place: the dirt. He was like a dragon, a fearsome beast of fire and smoke. He would protect the jewels and riches beneath his belly with tooth and claw.

Finally a name was given—Lalani Callahan—but the words she spewed did not explain her blatant disrespect. With a quick shake of Lalani's muzzle to get his point across, he released the black girl and stood at full height once more. His hackles stood on edge still, his lip raised to display his fangs and his tail held erect behind him—everything about him screamed that he was in charge. She was pleading her friend's case and Maksim cast the ivory female a glance, watched as she reached a paw forward, almost standing over the trembling pile of black fur. A rumble sounded in the agouti wolf's throat at this. It certainly seemed that the women were close, but what did he care of their relationship?

Anneliese's words were soft against the rough growls, barely registering, though he listened. His eyes flicked from woman to woman before his lip raised. As much as he detested to admit it, he'd need the wolves for winter. They needed more hunters and she had claimed herself to be one, hadn't she? “Fine,” he snarled coldly, staring down at Lalani, “you should know you are lucky to have your friend here to vouch for you, girl.” The words were hissed between clenched teeth. Truthfully, she was lucky the River leader hadn't beaten her or chased her off. It may have been two against one, but certainly the pack would've heard the commotion of a fight and rushed to his aid. “But until you prove yourself, Callahan, you will be beneath all in Cut Rock River. Even the young will be above you.” The rank of lowest was certainly one she deserved. “You have once chance and one chance alone. Disappoint me and both of you will have to find another home elsewhere. I do not offer second chances often. Do not test this one.” The words were a threat. One strike and they were out, by force or not. He had no time for those who did not pull their weight.

“Prove your friend's words true and I shall perhaps reconsider your place at the bottom.” She still had a chance and, if she was smart, she would use it well. She would not risk her friend's place in the pack, would she? Perhaps that would be motivation enough. “Now move,” he snapped, his teeth clicking as he did so, “before I change my damned mind. And if I hear one whisper of insubordination, Callahan, I will personally remove you from my home.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2014, 02:46 AM by Maksim.)