Friend or Foe?
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +3 Health

Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
I hate myself D: I'm sorry I took forever! And to top it all off...this post sucks xD

Miccah nodded his assent to Coal's reply of eagerly catching the deer. Coal took the lead, and Miccah silently bounded after him. He followed Coal to the edge of the cliff, and taking a turn. They were nearing the herd. Miccah could tell because the scent of deer was becoming stronger than ever now as their paws moved against the hard earth.

But then trouble occurred. Coal lost his footing, and dropped about twenty feet in a avalanche of dirt and rocks. The brute kept silent in his descent, but the loud rumble caused from his fall was enough for the animals. The deer ran away in a stampede of flying hooves, and Coal muttered angrily at his misfortune.

Miccah didn't know why, but he found this whole situation quite amusing. But before he let loose his chortles, he had to make sure his friend was okay. Padding over to the location that Coal had taken his fall, he looked over and saw his friend. As he opened his maw to speak, his muzzle took in the scent of a dead deer. "I wouldn't lose hope so quickly my friend. Once you get all that dirt out of your muzzle, take a whiff of the air and tell me what you smell. In the meanwhile, you okay there? Think you can scramble yourself back up? "

Letting out a few chuckles, he waited for Coal to speak up. He smelled the air once again, and this time, he stiffened as he took in the faint scent of a lynx.

Played by Render who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Coal Bielski
Sorry this took so long! My Coal muse was nonexistent for a bit and is still a little weak, which you can tell by the awful post. :/

After a moment's sulk, Coal began to wamble back up towards Miccah, embarrassment making the copper wolf avoid eye contact with his friend. His ribs felt bruised, his legs and head ached, and over all he felt terrible. Besides the Bielski's pride no injury was serious and the climb back to the top of the cliffs was not especially difficult. He ignored the black male's comments but thrust his nose in the air, searching for whatever it was that had caught Miccah's attention. The scent of exposed meat and blood made his mouth begin watering, and the thought of filling his belly with it nearly made Coal slip down the cliff for a second time.

Once he had managed to reached Miccah his empty stomach allowed for no small talk, so he quickly trotted past and began the search for the source of the delicious scent. It seemed close, and the reminder of a lynx's presence was faint so Coal did not think twice about it but eagerly anticipated a full meal. He disappeared into the rockiness of the cliffs, letting his black nose guide him towards the fallen deer, and soon found it laying right in the open as if begging for someone to come and finish it off. There was a lot of meat left on its bones, for the lynx had taken mostly the insides of the animal leaving the tender muscle for others. After a short bark to Miccah in case he was not close, Coal dug in, wagging his red tail in happiness.

(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2014, 05:33 PM by Coal.)
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
@Coal Wrapping it up! It was fun :D
EDIT: sorry, I forgot about divind the health points. 1.5 for Miccah and 1.5 for Coal?

The man sliwly relaxed, his system finally realizing there was nothing to fear. The scent of lynx that he had smelled before was now so faint that it was nearing nonexistence. Breathing a small sigh of relief, Miccah followed his friend to the meal that the Fates had blessingly provided them with. By the time he reached the mangled deer, there wasn't much left. Tge lynx had gotten most of it, and Coal had a good sum, but it was enough to be sokething in his stomach and successfully pushed the hunger pangs away.

Coal was done with his fill, and Miccah happily swooped in. Ripping off the meat, he made sure to savor it. He didn't know when his next meal would come. Once he was finished, he licked his chops, savoring the last remnants. Glancing at the wooded area around them, he knew it was time to make his departure. He had been here long enough already, and needed to find himself some place to sleep before the sun fully went down. Locking eyes with Coal, he let a friendly smile grace his features.

Opening his maw, he was ready to say his goodbyes. "I've enjoyed our little adventure, but I am afraid it is time for me to take my leave." Miccah nodded his head and continued as he began to turn, "If the Fates wish it, I hope we meetvagain friend." A last smile and friendly wag of his tail signaled his departure as he completed his turn and headed back into the forest. It had been fun to have a companion for a bit, but he had to think of his mission first and foremost. His mission was to find Ashanti, and he would let nothing distract him from that.

{Exit Miccah}

(This post was last modified: Feb 23, 2014, 12:52 AM by Miccah.)
Played by Render who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Coal Bielski

Miccah soon appeared on the scene, and by the time he chose to dig into the carcass Coal had taken what he deemed his share. He sat to the side, still nursing his wounded pride after the perfectly undignified fall over the top of the cliff, waiting for his black friend to devour what was left of the deer. He mulled over the events that had taken place since crossing the borders of Relic Lore. Though it had a high concentration of wolves, it was stacked with prey, and it was time to start considering a place to settle down in especially with winter nearing. He did not know from experience, but it was a well known fact that loners did not often survive the winter without help.

However, the Bielski had no idea how to get around this new land. It would have been nice to have a companion to travel with, such as Miccah here, but apparently Coal's only friend had places to be, people to meet. This was a brief meeting for them, Coal knew. It was confirmed when Miccah stepped away from the pile of bones and opened his mouth to speak goodbye. Coal dipped his head in agreement.

"I too, would like to meet again, friend. Perhaps, someday, when your search has come to an end, we will even find ourselves actually succeeding in taking down a deer together." With that he stood, nodded in Miccah's direction, and padded away. So many new adventures called his name from the depths of Relic Lore. A smile flashed across his face as he thought about what might await him. Maybe he would even meet someone to call his own.