599 Users Online
Bing, Google

the river and the mountain — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
When it gets cold outside

Carefully poised like a rabbit perched on its hind legs staring into the light, like one she was failing to decide if now was the moment or the next to move. There was a change to his voice that held her in place. Or was the pull of orange irises, steady in his dark silver framed mask.

Brave? Ears skidded sideways. It was not a word she would use to describe herself. The hardest moments in her life she had run. Yet...hadn't she always stood up for what was right? Even if it was at the last moment? With Trisden and that stranger. Trying to talk to Merlin...Seeking Fenru out across the mountain range she had never crossed. The lady's pale face only remained to reflect her uncertainty, listening as he went on. By the softened, more child-like expression a bright smile had one out, even if its creation was part of embarrassment. "I guess that's good..." Slowly she admitted. It really meant a lot coming from him. After all he had only been a puppy ready to charge her off, and she never thought as timid.

Surprise lit her pale yellow eyes upon the word she most needed. He had spoken it, and she felt a breath she'd been holding slide from the edge of her lips. Directing attention to the carcass she hadn't really thought of eating it. That was when she thought she was trying to scare a rogue off, and had made a thousand other problems form in her head. Here she was with instead an offer of dinner with a friend. She couldn't decide what had been more unexpected. Eyes edged to the left, excuses popped in her head. He had spoken a simple way out. There was something reassuring to his own uncertainty of keeping her there. Maybe, he was afraid of doing the wrong thing. Was it for the same reasons? Either way she wished it didn't come to this. They could simply be. Hopefully this was a start. "No, I was just enjoying the snow flakes. I would like to stay, make sure you don't get too bad a stomach ache." Tail began to wag, and she settled beside him, feeling her worries dissipate. A mouthful of deer didn't hurt.

{end}