Played by Namara who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris
[Had permission to skip @Lachesis]

@Anastasia @Astra
So they dug your graveAnd the masquerade
Aeolus Argyris
Will come calling outAt the mess you've made

"No… Ana… let me try to explain more clearly. We didn’t know which direction the pups went, and I was out looking for Karpos, who had run away again, when Pitch Pine Trail disbanded. He ran away a lot, sometimes for a few hours and sometimes a week or two, he's just... not been himself. Silver went after Adsi and I went after Karp. When I went to go back to help find Adsi, I can’t get past the mountain. The snow is too deep." He told her trying to reason with her a bit more. "I tried Ana. I tried to keep everything together." He told her, begging for her forgiveness as he spoke. Ana and Lach had loved the pups, he knew at least Ana did, but he had a feeling Lach did too. He took a breathe and looked to Astra, who asked him what he had to offer.

"I am a guardian at heart, but I am no stranger to hunting or scouting; even teaching or advising I have done when times call for it." He offered up, his eyes panged with sadness. He should have brought Karpos with him, and he should have made sure he knew where Adsi was before he left. He loved children, he had met Karpos and he was the one who had urged him away from the ledge to the escarpment right after Ana and Lach left. He had went of {Karpos had} about how everyone hated him and he had first become temperamental. "I promise that what happened to Pitch Pine Trail will not happen here." He said more to himself than the others.

(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2013, 01:34 AM by Aeolus.)
[Image: 35zz.png]
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#222218;">
The young healer listened patiently to the banter that passed between his blue-eyed companion, his current leader and former packmate, olive gaze shifting from wolf to wolf as they spoke in turn. Lachesis was glad to hear that Capella had returned – he could not help but wonder why she had left but was determined to find her – and that the children were (somewhat) safe. He knew that if Karpos was with Capella no danger would come to him, it was Adsila he was worried about. Although the lanky yearling had never really bonded with the Trail princess like he had with her brother he still worried about her. Had she really left with Ace, or was she off on her own? Would she survive on her own?
It was Astra’s question that pulled him away from his thoughts, dragging him back to reality as he focused on the agouti male for his response. While he wasn’t pleased to hear that the pup’s weren’t with him Lachesis knew that golden-eyed male would be suited for Cut Rock. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#222218;">“As long as they’re safe that’s all that matters,” he chimed in softly as he pressed his side against Anastasia’s, his gaze flickering over to her for a moment before falling on the cream Alpha. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#222218;">“He was a loyal member of Pitch Pine when it flourished; he will be a loyal member to Cut Rock as well.” Winter was not the time for wolves to be without a pack, and XIX knew that Aeolus would fit nicely among their ranks. That was, if Astra accepted him into the pack. It was not his decision, nor Ana’s – only this female who Lachesis wasn’t sure if he trusted or not. She had appeared out of nowhere and assumed the leadership role at Maksim’s side. But why? Giving his mind a quick mental shake the boy refocused his attention to the three wolves before him, (im)patiently awaiting the leader’s response.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Trix who has 32 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astra Sellix
While maintaining her stance of dominance, Astra listened with little interest as the agouti male summarized what had happened to the missing pups. He had been forced to cross over the mountain, just like she and the rest of Cut Rock River had. From the sound of it, the pups were safe. Not that it was of any concern to her. If it was such an issue between him, Lachesis and Anastasia, then they could sort the matter out later. Letting her eyes dart to the side, meeting the blue ones of Ana, she watched to see how the female would accept his apology. A puff of warm air exited from her nose forcefully. While he owed his former packmate an apology, this was hardly the time and place to do so. Astra was a high ranking female...one of two Alphas who had the authority to either accept or deny lone wolves such as himself, entrance into the pack. The chill in the air would only intensify, the snow accumulate more, food become harder to find. He was another mouth to feed, true. But he could also prove to be a valuable asset as well.

Taking one more single step forward, she loomed over his crouched frame, pinning him with a serious gaze. "Your skills as a guardian are useful. And the fact that you have served in a pack before." She paused, exchanging a glance with Lachesis, whose words had not gone unheard. "However, how can we be so sure that what happened in Pitch Pine Trail will not happen here? Cut Rock river has pups of it's own, both of whom are having a hard enough time coping with the recent change." At a later date, Astra would fill him in about the events at Darkwater that forced them to the other side of the mountain. "I will not risk the safety of Cinder and Quil. I will however, give you a chance, provided you are willing to work for it." Aeolus was to tread lightly. She would not allow him too close to the pups...at first. She would be watching him, from a distance. Cinder and Quil were the legacy of Darkwater Rapids, after all. God help the wolf should any ill fate befall them. Having made her point, she eased off, awaiting for anything else he had to say.

Played by Namara who has 77 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeolus Argyris

Anastasia had remained silent after his apology to her and his explanation. Lachesis however, did not, and Aeolus was surprised when the lanky teenager vouched for him. As far as Aeo knew, the man had never actually met him, but yet he vouched for his assets that were provided for Pitch Pine Trail. He said nothing about it because next Astra spoke once more. She spoke of his skills being useful, which was something Aeo felt relief about, perhaps she would allow him entrance. This relief and confidence soon faded when she asked how he knew the same would not happen to them as it did to Pitch Pine Trail. This was a tough question for him, and he truthfully had no idea how to answer it. Luckily, he did not have to. He just had to show it, he had to prove it.

The tawny man gave a grateful gave to Astra, Anastasia and Lachesis as he spoke his peace about the matter. "Ma'am, I am always willing to work for it. Everything I've ever known is working for the respect and trust others also receive. I will work for it, I promise." His words rolled off his light creme and brown colored muzzle. Aeolus did not mention Penny, for as of right now he was in no place to make requests or demands. His eyes hid everything he had felt the past few weeks, the pain and loss about how he let Pitch Pine Trail fall like it did. It all hurt too much, he had to hide it. If he did not hide it, than he could not call himself a guardian. He refused to let others in. He waited for one of them to speak once more.

Table Credit
(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2014, 12:34 AM by Aeolus.)
[Image: 35zz.png]
Played by Trix who has 32 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Astra Sellix
Astra remained poised and still, ears pricked forward attentively. She was most curious about what else Aeolus would say in response to her words. He seemed to be an honest, decent wolf. At first glance, at least. Whether or not her assumption was correct, would only be discovered in time. Should he prove a hindrance and unreliable, then she would not hesitate to kick him to the curb. In Cut Rock River, there was no room for slackers, or dishonesty. That, Astra would not tolerate in her ranks. Aeolus confirmed that he was indeed willing to work for their respect, honesty and trust. This eased her mind somewhat, but until she saw hardcore proof, she'd be keeping tabs on him. Without waiting for either Anastasia or Lachesis to speak their part, she dipped her chin in a short, satisfied nod. He knew them personally and vice versa. No doubt they too would extend their welcome invitation towards a former pack member.

"Very well then. I will hold you to your word. Consider yourself a member of Cut Rock River." She finally allowed a ghost of a smile to tug at the corners of her dark lips, despite the thick tension seeping through the air. All that she had wanted, from the get go, was to get this little bit of business over with. To get away from the judgmental eyes of the pallid she wolf and her closest companion. Now that Aeolus, a new face was among their ranks, perhaps she could have a fresh start with him. He knew nothing of her and how she had earned her position. Hopefully it would stay that way. Stepping forward, with the crunch of snow beneath her paws, Astra ran her honey tinted fur of her side along his flank, marking him as a member of Cut Rock River. Lowering her tail just a fraction, her eyes warmed as she faced him. "Welcome. I hope you find yourself at home with us." Turning towards home, she made way for him and the others to follow, or to go their separate ways.

-Fade to Black-

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2014, 11:23 PM by Astra.)