(See All?) Announcements
557 Users Online
Bing, Google

just in time
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
For Lachesis! Backdated to December 3, 2013, immediately after her rescue thread :D I'm going to pp Lach some...

She stirred during her rest. A dream so monstrous and unbelievable was playing like a cinema movie in her head, it was so life like that she mimicked the movements of her imaginary self as she slept, a soft whine would come from her mouth every so often as the scene continued to play out. In her dream she was fleeing something so dreadful, its form was unidentifiable, but she ran on long and hard on slender legs, jumping over fallen trees and through crowded bushes in her attempt to outrun its dreadful screams. It was only when her imaginary self fell through a dark bottomless hole that she jerked away, her heavy eye lids blinking quickly to clear her vision. The area around her was dark and warm, only sparse amounts of daylight peeped through the entrance of Lachesis's den, as a musk of fresh herbs and dirt filled her nostrils. She had no idea how she'd gotten here, who had brought her, and just where she was, but that was the furthest question from her mind--she wondered instead who this white wolf was that occupied the space with her.

He was silent as she stirred, swirling dirt around her wildly in attempt to hide in the darkness of the den, a corner of his den Delitescent her dark body whole, where comfortably she growled. She wanted no part of his company but was too frightened to move for the den's entrance, in fear that he would bite at her unguarded backside. Instead she attempted to look larger then she was, her hairs raising high along her back; the growls she emitted becoming louder, threatening him to come closer. She was a poor fighter, much smaller then she had been days before, and her strength was nearly gone from her, but she would fight this male if she needed to...she only hoped she didn't have to.
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2014, 06:15 PM by Bastet.)

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">
He checked on the female frequently while she slept, applying poultices to her wounds and ensuring that the previously infected wound remained clean. It was much easier to tend to the female once he and Maksim had moved her to his spacious den – if they had arrived a few minutes later he wasn’t sure if the loner would have survived. Large paws worked quickly to gather the herbs the female would need once she woke up, brows narrowed softly in concentration as he moved. The healer had already set a leaf filled with melted snow beside the female for her to drink, and had turned his back to her while he silently went through his inventory.
She would need something for pain – that was obvious – as well as something to deter infection. The poultice he had slathered against her wounds would help heal them, but he wanted to be sure that the infection would not return once more. Willow bark… heart attack and pain reliever, he thought to himself as he placed the bark aside, a frown creasing his dark lips. What had caused the female to collapse? Had it been the pain from her wound(s) or perhaps something else? Flabbergasted by her condition the yearling shrugged to himself, although the frown did not waiver from his maw.
With the bark he also set aside some white fir along with juniper berries for taste. XIX knew medical plants weren’t the most appetizing and he didn’t want to shove a bunch of dry bark down her throat without the berries to mask the displeasing flavour.
Just as he set the three items aside Lachesis heard something behind him, ears perking forward as he turned to the frightened female. A low growl emitted from her throat, a sound that did not surprise the young healer, as her bi-coloured eyes watched his movements. He remained where he was, features calm as he studied the alarmed loner, a brow quirked in hidden amusement. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">“I just saved your life; I’d appreciate it if you’d stop growling at me.” Normally the timid skeleton would be terrified if he had come across a wolf acting the same way as the bi-coloured female, but he knew that the wounded female was incapable of hurting him. Which was why the awkward yearling was oddly calm, his expression neutral as he studied her. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#909892;">“You shouldn’t move so quickly, your injuries are trying to heal.”
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Your writing is lovely ^_^ And Bastet has a thick Caribbean accent :D

Her energy was so drained that growling became a chore, so much so that her tone lowered despite her attempt to seem like an intimidating threat to the alabaster male. His eyes glistened like her own in the darkness, accentuating his size and the features of his face, but she was too disorientated to tell if the male was older then herself--all that mattered to her in that moment was his size. He was larger then her, even intimidating without seeing his spider like limbs, and she was too afraid to see what he could do with his to get his way, therefore she obeyed his command. She still took this opportunity to fill the den with her own voice, heavily accented , as a means to defend herself. "What do ju mean ju saved me life?" she wondered, hardly noticing the fresh wound on her paw.

She didn't remember fainting, and barely recalled her encounter with the rabbit badger that had caused so much ruin in her life, but his reason was sound. There were little reasons for a male to capture another wolf, especially female, to there den except for forceful pain or reasonable healing. Looking at Lach, she could tell that this male was not going to harm her, in fact, when she looked at her leg she noticed the work he'd put into making it heal. "What is dis?" she asked, her accent thick on her tongue, "Tis smell funny..." she recoiled from the stench of herbal rub on her leg. "wait, what happened to me?" she wondered, her head cocking to the side. Thoughts that this male had harmed her swirled in her head, but she wanted nothing but to push this idea from her head, he was her savior, not her captor, right?

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
With a curious, unwavering gaze focused on the female XIX waited patiently for her growling to cease. He understood why she was so hostile – waking up in an unfamiliar place with a stranger was not the most desirable situation. Lucky for the deer-legged yearling she was injured and unable to attack, otherwise things would have turned out differently. Her strained voice finally broke the silence that had settled between them, acting like a hot knife through butter as it cut through the dense air. As she spoke a strange accent danced around her words, one that the yearling was unfamiliar with. First nodding in response the boy offered her a hesitant lop-sided smile to show that he was not a foe, but a friend. His empathetic nature even reached out to strangers, as the yearling found it almost impossible to dislike others. Unless, of course, they gave him a reason to – or, like Reaper, had given the ghost an unsettling feeling deep within his gut.
Just as he was about to respond her strange, heavy voice filled his den once more. Hanging on to each word XIX listened with his lips drawn tight, pear eyes narrowing slightly as she asked what had happened to her. “I don’t know what happened to you,” he admitted with a soft frown framing his words, his tattooed ear cocked slightly as he allowed more words to drip off his tongue: “The leader of my pack, Maksim, found you unconscious and called for me. We had to bring you here, to my den, so I could treat your wounds.” He paused briefly to allow the words to sink in before turning to grab the items he had placed aside for the female.That – he said as he motioned toward the poultice he had applied to her wounds – “will help your wounds heal and prevent infection. It’s made from goldenrod.”
Pushing the bark and berries forward with a forepaw the yearling offered the dark female a reassuring smile. “These will also help with healing and with any pain. The berries are just for flavour.” Another pause; questions teetered on the tip of his tongue as he chewed on the inside of his cheek. Introductions had yet to be made, but there was always time for a quick transfer of their names. For now Lachesis was curious as to what had caused the foreign female to collapse. “Do you have any recollection of what happened?”
(This post was last modified: Jan 15, 2014, 01:56 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Sorry that this post is so bad!

He remained calm, an attribute she admired considering how confused she'd become since waking up in his den. She was afraid and lost, what wouldn't frighten her more seeing a male sharing the same den as herself? She inhaled deeply, calming her nerves and the shaking feeling that had overcome her since speaking with this male. She wasn't scared of him per say, but the unknown outcome of her safety scared her but his reassuring words helped calm the uneasy feeling that had developed since waking up. Once she was no longer shaking she found her voice again, just as thick with an accent as before, Thank you for being so honest." she finished, glancing once more at her wound. Lachesis had done a wonderful job at keeping it from bleeding, but the pain still overcame her despite the medicine she'd received, there was no doubt in her mind that it had become time for her to get some more pain medicine. She took the offering he'd given without speaking, feeling the ooze of berries fill her mouth, the sweetness from the berries overbearing the taste of the root.

At mention of his leader, Maksim, her brow furrowed as she neared him, inhaled his scent deeply, and shook her head. He smelled different then the scent she remembered, she assumed that Maksim was the name of the wolf that her nose remembered the most. "So who are you?" she asked, deciding not to give her name until he spilled his own, and in response to his question, "I'm sorry, but no I barely remember anything. I was jus walking, minding me own buziness." she wasn't sure exactly why she had returned but with the weather the way it was, she was appreciative for the company and warmth of a pack. "wait, I remember my fight with a badger, it was a temperamental creature and bit my leg. I didn't think it was that bad of a wound." she was appreciative for his bravery and the services he'd offered her despite being a loner. "how long am I allowed to stay here, in this pack?" she wondered, her head cocking to the side.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
As much as he wanted to back away from the female and shrink against the dark walls of his den like his former self Lachesis knew that, especially as a healer, he needed to remain calm. The female, whose name still remained caught in the back of her throat, had already done the initial panicking – if he had mirrored her actions it would have thrown his quaint den upside down. It seemed that the longer he remained composed and kept his distance from the shadow female the more relaxed she became in her presence. Naturally she was going to be nervous around the spider-legged yearling, as he was much larger than her despite his age (and better fed than she was). He was a stranger to her; the last thing she remembered was being on her own, XIX could only imagine how strange it must have felt to wake up in a strange place with a nameless wolf a few paw steps away.

A lop-sided smile worked its way onto his maw as she took the medicine without question – it appeared that the berries had been a success as no complaint fell from her juice-stained lips. Her thick, accented voice broke the silence once more; like a fish caught on a lure XIX was dragged away from his thoughts, pear gaze focused on the bi-coloured eyes of the female. “I am Lachesis, the aspiring healer of Cut Rock River,” he introduced softly as he failed to mention his assigned name. Sometimes it was not worth the explanation to introduce himself under both names – he didn’t mind being called either, it just depended on his mood which name danced off his tongue. As she began to speak once more the boy listened patiently, an ear cocked slightly as he digested the information. Badgers were not the most pleasant to come across; luckily the female had managed to get away from it with a wound that was treatable. “Well it’s better now – and it’ll continue to get better.”

He leaned on his hindquarters as he chewed on the inside of his cheek thoughtfully, brows narrowed as he pondered her next question. How long was she able to stay? Maksim hadn’t said anything when he had left Lachesis to take care of the female; perhaps he was waiting for her health to increase. “I’m not sure, that’s a question for Maksim. I’m sure you are allowed to stay until you’re healed, maybe even permanently.” A pause accompanied by a hopeful expression followed his words. Either he or the female would have to speak to the green-eyed leader about her position within the pack. Was she merely just a patient and would be sent on her way once she recovered, or would she become a member of Cut Rock? “What is your name?”

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
She appreciated the kindness he showed in giving her the time and space she needed to digest all that was happening, his reassuring words made her feel that she would be able to gain control over the circumstance in her life. She only hoped the wound wouldn't mean permanent damage to her foreleg. When he mentioned his name she gave a smile, her ear flicking backward in a relaxed state while she mulled over his duty to the pack--he was proving to be a excellent healer to the pack. "You could have fooled me Lachesis," she started, producing another smile,"I would have thought you were seasoned in what you did," his teacher should most definitely be proud. When he mentioned her wound once more she cast her glance in the direction of her paw, producing a sigh that could not go unnoticed in such a small space, if he said she would get better, then she believed him.

The silence between the built until Lachesis deemed it appropriate to finally know the name of his company, it wasn't a strange request by any means but she couldn't be sure what name to give him. Like Lachesis, she too had another name but so few knew of one or the other that she assumed she could produce either one to him, but she went with one that could easiest be pronounced. "Bastet." her voice grew lighter, almost airy as she stared into the eyes of her savior, before quickly averting her gaze for fear of disrespecting him. She meant no harm in this meeting, surely she had spooked him enough during the first few moments, she needed not to give him the wrong impression. "Will I need to see you...often?" she wondered, coming once more on the topic of her stay in the pack land. Surely, others would have thought that she over stayed her welcome, but being that she was injured maybe they understood her situation and sympathized her need for a safe home--otherwise she would have been chased out days ago.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
If it had not been for all the lessons Anastasia had given the spider-legged yearling since their arrival in Relic Lore Lachesis would not have known how to handle the situation he was currently in. Since leaving Pitch Pine Trail and joining Maksim’s pack things had finally begun to look up once more for the pale pair. His former stutter was nearly non-existent and Ana seemed much happier to have left the fragile structure of the Trail behind. Their last meeting had ended with the blue-eyed girl discussing her plans to challenge Astra for her a rank; her plan remained safe deep within his chest as he impatiently awaited her words to become reality.

“Thank you,” he responded suddenly to her words, surprised at the unexpected compliment. The deer-legged youth was accustom to giving compliments, not being on the other side and receiving them. It was a peculiar feeling that bubbled within his chest as he studied the bi-coloured gaze of the female before him. The unfamiliar feeling belonged to pride, a feeling that the yearling had never been properly acquainted with. XIX took pride in knowing that he had done his job – a job that the female had recognized in a handful of words.

Just as he was about to speak once more the once nameless stranger introduced herself, her accent rolling off her tongue alongside her name. Her gaze quickly fell away from him before she allowed her voice the fill the den once more, a question dangling between them. “You are more than welcome to stay here, in my den,” he started, voice soft as he began to answer her question. “I don’t think Maksim would object to that. I would prefer it, as it would be easier for me to check on your wounds.” He paused as a soft frown etched its way onto his dark lips, pale gaze focused on the dark female before he broke the silence once more: “That’s up to you, of course.”

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Her thoughts no longer on her wound, she attempted to move within Lachesis' den coming an inch closer to the white male where her nostrils were able to take in his scent deeply for future reference. There was no doubt in her mind that within Cut Rock River's borders she would be able to identify the younger male by sight alone-- with spider-like legs, a white coat, and vibrant yellow green eyes he was an unique as it gets. Tracking him along the coast of Relic Lore was another issue if she were to rely on her eyes alone, therefore she stored his musk in her own mental facility where she could retrieve it later if need be.

Having processed this task, she noticed that her companion was more nervous around her than she was used to; assuming that Bastet was an average size as anyone with a medium physique. Given her fragile condition, the young male had no reason to be afraid of her, but she could understand if the male was the shy type, despite the fact that his duty to the pack required his interaction with others. Suppose with time he would break out of his shell. After coming closer to Lachesis, she noted his handsome features and how well his eyes complimented the bright white of his coat, she also caught how his long legs made him look like a young pup having never outgrown his tall limbs--it was like being in the company of a never aging youth. She smiled in spite of her observations, but remained silent, giving the male his time to speak.

When he gave her the invitation to stay with him in his den her tail dusted the floor of his den as she wagged with excitement, having grown anxious when he accepted her "invitation" of staying with him. Not only would she have access to his medicine for proper healing, but she would also develop a friendship with the lanky male who's shyness intrigued her. "I can't decline such a sweet offer. she started, smiling a second time, "will I be the first stranger you've shared a den with?" she wondered, deciding not to add in woman to her question, there was no telling if his nervousness was indeed because she was of a different gender. Her next question would be if he had some secret food stash nearby.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
In offering her a place to stay while her wounds healed Lachesis had nearly forgotten about his blue-eyed companion who shared the spacious den with him most nights. She had been absent since he and Maksim had brought the shadow loner to his quarters, which had worked in the lanky yearling’s favour as it had given him much more space to work. It was also beneficial in Bastet’s favour, as the boy knew that her reaction upon waking up would have been worse if there had been another filling up the space. One stranger was plenty – two was simply too much. The last thing he needed was an injured wolf that was also immensely stressed out; Anastasia’s absence, for the first time, was welcomed.

As she accepted his offer his attention snapped back to the bi-coloured gaze of the accented female his brows rose slightly in disbelief. He was, of course, grateful that she had accepted – it would allow him to keep an eye on her wounds and treat them in a diligent manner – but he couldn’t deny that he was surprised that she had so quickly agreed to stay with him, a stranger. What would Anastasia say? He knew, even if she wasn’t pleased with a loner taking up space in their den, she would not protest Bastet’s presence. It was part of Lachesis’ responsibility as the pack’s healer to ensure his patients were properly treated; keeping them within paw’s length helped with that. He had even managed to force Hati to stay with him for a few days so he could ensure that the wounds he had received from an angry lynx did not get infected.

Giving his thoughts a quick mental shake the alabaster youth allowed his focus to return to the coal-coloured female as a soft grin toyed with the corners of his lips. “Yes, actually,” he admitted with a slight roll of his shoulders, head cocked slightly as he kept his yellow green orbs focused on Bastet. “I had a member of the pack stay with me briefly as I treated his wounds,” he added hastily as filler as he debated on how to mention Anastasia to the female. He didn’t want Bastet to suddenly refuse his offer after discovering that his den was already home to another female – one who wasn’t a patient. “My friend, the wolf I came to Relic Lore with, shares this den with me as well. She will not object to your presence; I think she would like the company of someone who isn’t an obnoxious teenager.” Another half-smile was offered to the shadow female as he shifted his forepaws uncomfortably in the dirt while waiting for some sort of response to fill the air between them.

(This post was last modified: Jan 28, 2014, 06:22 AM by Lachesis.)