(See All?) Announcements
502 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

Lest we remember
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 33 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Halgen Dominique
"THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND."Post Prompt (Lone Wolves). Lone Wolves who are not affiliated with the resident packs will find their energy is beginning to wane. When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. Lone Wolves, should they wish to survive must hold an audience with a pack superior.

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly.

Halgen was weary as he pushed his way through the forest and along the creek. He had managed to remain calm throughout his entire journey despite what he may or may not have seen. The light tawny male gave a small shiver as his paws crunched in the snow below him. He was unsure, to an extent, about what he was to do. His hunger gnawed at his stomach. He had no choice, he had to join a pack or he would surely die. Life as a lone wolf throughout the winter was dangerous; he had nearly died last time. Halgen forced himself to smile as he found the borders of a pack, his eyes narrowed slightly as he tried to look farther in the distance. Was there a pack wolf nearby? It seemed as if there wasn't.

Hal let his body shrink down as much as he could. He crouched down and tried to make it appear he was as small as possible. The man had been contemplating grovelling his way into a pack, however he had an issue with begging to become part of a family he barely knew. No, he had to figure something else out. I shall not grovel; I shall offer what I have to offer and if they decide I shall not stay than I shall not. He determined, but he had another issue, he had no idea if he had much to offer. I can hunt, but with my shape it won't look like it! If he looked scrawny than he appeared weak and this unnerved him. Although he was a kind fellow, he was not one that would let others trampled across him and steal everything he had to own and to offer. Hal had fought for his food before; fighting between lone wolves in the middle of winter was not uncommon after all.

Halgen finally worked up the nerve to raised his muzzle from the ground and howl for the alphas. If he could get an audience with him, then it was a start. He began to think once more about what he did have to offer. He could hunt and fight; this he could prove if he had the opportunity. Perhaps he could work a deal with them. He could ask them to give him a chance. If this failed, he would likely not survive the winter. This would not bode well with him; he needed this pack.

He could still hear the creek as he stood a decent amount away from the borders. He hoped that the male or female alpha who showed up would allow him to at least prove himself. When the snow falls a hundred feet. Winter was surely there, the sun did not shine upon him, instead snow fell from clouds that shrouded the heavens. The lea before him seemed peaceful in the snow almost. Almost. Halgen missed his home, his own stretch of land that he could claim. He awaited the alphas to grace him with their presence. The well marked borders before him; there was no turning back now.
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2014, 03:50 AM by Halgen.)
[Image: 2mcceah.jpg]
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
The snow fell from the heavens – perhaps once, it was a beautiful sight to the male. The start of winter, the alabaster male had been anxious to lure Kyros and Hypatia out to enjoy the whimsical nature winter could offer. Of course, this had not happened, and the moment the snow had begun to fall, there had been no true end to it. The accumulation was far more than he had witnessed in his life, and at a wolf who had reached his prime age, it was a statement.

This day was no different, and once more the male rounded the borders, marking his territory. Scraps of bark were missing from the trees where his claws had dug in, leaving the imprint of Magnolia Glen. He rubbed himself along the bases after, leaving his scent behind before he would prowl forward and continue to do so to the next one. Yet a howl went up through the air, and while at one point the regal would have held hope that a promising rogue remained politely on the outskirts of his pack, he now knew better. The past few weeks had been busy around the pack borders, and while Phineas had turned some away, he had been just as loathe to accept them within his home. With no food, there was little to share among the members the Glen currently harbored. He would not give entry to just anyone.

And so he set off at a quick lope. The snow slowed him, but as the moments passed, he finally came upon the tawny figure who had released the summon to the air. The Argyris man moved with an air of confidence, despite his thinning frame from the winter months, and with stoical orange eyes, he regarded the stranger, awaiting for him to speak of why he had been requested.

Inactive No Rank
Halgen Dominique
[[@Phineas]]
Soon Halgen grew more aware of his surroundings; he was being cautious at best in the winter months. As he waited for the alpha male or alpha female to arrive to where he had howled, he thought more upon the question that he had posed himself. What did he have to offer? This question troubled the tawny man and would continue for quite some time. Halgen considered the thought of howling again, just for safety measures when the white and regal man arrived before him. Halgen did not look up though. He tucked his tail and bowed as he once had to his parents and those above him. It had been, what felt like, forever since he had been at the borders of a pack like this.

This man would surely know why he was here; Halgen introduced himself, but he was not too confident. The winter months were harsh on lone wolves for sure; however it was surely the same with the packs. He had never seen such harsh conditions before. "Good sir, I am Halgen Dominique. Those who know me better often refer to me as 'Hal' though. I wish to pledge my loyalty to you and ask that you may allow me to prove myself to you and your family in these winter months." He finished his litany of an introduction and hoped for the best. Ah Hal, don't get your hopes up... surely these souls have enough to worry about. He told himself soon after he had said that.

Hal glanced up for the slightest second for then he would know who he was talking to. The male was white with a small patch of dark gray or black in the center of his back. He had fiery orange eyes and he was much larger than Halgen was and he seemed to be more muscular. Remember Hal, they can smell fear. Do not beg or grovel, that might appear as desperation. He tried to give himself a confidence boost; however if he failed he would probably be better off jumping in the creek. No, he had to live on no matter what happened; he had to be a survivor.
(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2014, 04:44 AM by Halgen.)
[Image: 2mcceah.jpg]
Played by Tyrant who has 526 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
Throwing Rhys in to help take the strain off Rachel. I think Rach will just jump in when she can/needs to. <3

Passing a tree, he was whacked fully in the face with Phineas' scent. The male had been here, but not moments ago marking up the borders. Border patrol had been his job; self-appointed of course. Having once been an alpha himself, he seemed to be unable to stop the habit of wandering the borders, ensuring the scent was strong and interrogating any who came calling. With the sudden influx of request though, it seemed Phineas had been dragged closer towards the borders. It was the guys job of course, but it gave Rhysis less things to do, which didn't sit well with him. Bordem was not something he enjoyed.

With Phineas being so close, he decided to catch up with the male. They'd yet to have a real conversation, other then their first meeting and the occasional grunt as they passed each other in the pack lands. Setting his course, he followed after the white male. It wasn't long before his gaze landed on his leader, and then travelled across to the newcomer. He overheard part of their conversation - another mouth to feed. Great.

With a grunt he made his presence known. Keeping his head lower than his leaders, he approached the white male and offered a nudge of submission to the males shoulder and allowed their flanks to touch. He arrived in time to hear the strange males answer and could only smirk. Another wolf, here for their food. Of course, he had been no different but it turned out he was quite enjoying pack life and he of course did not tarnish himself with the same brush as anyone else. He was above reproach in his mind.

Though not prompted, he couldn't help keep his lips from moving and speaking his piece. "Can you not see that winter is harsh? Food is scarce. You bring with you no proof of your loyalty; no proof that you would be useful in such a harsh climate. Instead, you come begging for a hand out. We are a proud pack, not a sanctuary for charity cases. Why should we offer you food and shelter in exchange for whatever you deem as loyalty?" he added, not in a cold tone but in a matter-of-fact one. Of course it was not his decision, nor his place to vet the newcomers but he was so very tired of letting in all the riff-raff. Whilst Rhysis did not know this wolf, he didn't want to share anymore of their waning food with him.
Glancing sideways to Phineas, he didn't meet the others gaze. He was not going to apologise for having his pack's interest at heart. Though he might step out of line, he would hope that Phineas was not foolish enough to see that his interfering in this case was for the good of the pack and for once, not for himself. My, how he was changing.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A fight broke out between two male mountain goats. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Halgen Dominique
[[Alrighty @Rhysis!!!

EDIT: I think that SoW loves Hal]]]
Everything that drowns me makes me feel alive
Though he was asking for a home; Hal was weary of the leader who had showed himself and he was on edge. He was nervous because he had never joined a pack before. He was born in a pack and when he left he did not find a new pack. Not until now at least. He caught the scent of mountain goat on the horizon and Hal smiled slightly. Another man arrived and Hal simply gave a nod to his question. "I am aware of the harshness of winter. I am aware that so far I have offered not a single skill or reference of loyalty. But I know a way to prove myself right here and now sir." He said with a whisper as he pointed his muzzle in the direction of a goat.

"Two goats." The words were hushed and simple as he looked in the direction. Maybe, just maybe a hunt could convince the subordinate who had just shown himself as well as the leader who had showed up but said nothing to him. He wiped the grin off his face and he almost had a desperate look to him. He was desperate to prove himself; probably because he wasn't good enough for his old pack. Sinister Falls saw him as too weak because he was no leader. "Let me hunt with you and I can assure you I can prove to you my skills." He said as his last plea to them both. He was still bowed in submission.
(This post was last modified: Jan 21, 2014, 04:52 AM by Halgen.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
SOW makes us look like idiots. As if we wouldn't notice a carcass lying around when we're half starved. xD

He watched the stranger with a piercing glare. He didn't have to be nice, he had to be cautious and the character of Caleb was as close to himself as he would allow. Quiet, thoughtful, grumpy but loyal and hard working; he gave as little room as he could for error and had so far kept up the part well, or so he liked to think. With a narrowed gaze he followed the others trail and picked up on the scent, followed by the sounds of the two goats ramming horns. They were not easy to catch. Having lived on the mountain for a time he knew just how tricky the beasts were to bring down. The snow would not hold them down, they were light and agile with horns hard enough to cause death if they got you at the wrong angle. If the guy wanted to pick one off, then so be it.
"Fine, but you will bring one down alone and bring it back for the pack. A mountain goat is a tricky target, only the skilled are able to bring them down. I will take the other so at least something will come back to feed the young. I say if you bring it home, then that is a sincere token of loyalty, but not a guaranteed pass into the pack." he said again, glancing to Phineas to ensure he stepped on no toes.

Waiting no longer for the hunt to pass him up, he stepped off and walked past Phineas and the stranger who's name he did not know and did not care for. Following his nose he stepped off in search for the fighting males, ensuring he was downwind as not to alert them. He kept to the trees and thickets, using his dark coat to blend in with the shadows as he hoped to remain unnoticed. Goats were tricky, but he was well practised in catching the beasts. Not that he let anyone know that - he intended to return the victor with a meal for the pack whilst the other male brought nothing home and would be outcast back into the snow from whence he came. He really needed to learn to share.

Without waiting, he selected his target and as the two goats butted heads once more, he struck and ran at the two full pelt. They separated, one left and one right. He took the one that headed back towards the pack lands and began the chase, leaving the other for the stranger who knocked at their door. He hoped he had spooked it early, before the other male was in place or ready and that it would escape him. Such a wicked one he was. With a smirk on his face, he ambled after his prey.

I'm sorry Rhys is such a butt. ;__; Feel free to prove him completely wrong! xD
Inactive No Rank
Halgen Dominique
[[He plans on it @Rhysis ;) I just kinda started with him chasing since I wanted to see what Rhysis really ends up doing before he does the actual attempted take-down..]]
Everything that drowns me makes me feel alive
Hal gave a nervous smile to the leaders as he realized this hunt could make or break his chances. Correction; they would make or break his chances because if he failed this hunt there was no way the unnamed leader would grant him entrance. Even if he successfully hunted the creature there was no guarantee that he would be a member of the pack. He didn't even know the pack's name but he did know that he liked the way they were laid out already. He didn't want the goats to finish fighting before he had even gotten to them so he pushed off with a small smile and his eyes narrowed. He had grown up in Sinister Falls which was located in the mountains. He had hunted plenty of mountain goats before and hopefully this hunt would be as successful as the last one he had been in.

He noted as the black subordinate headed off after him and he stalked along silently and downwind of the goats. He was nervous only for the fact that he had to take it down alone. The lowest amount of wolves that he had been with to take down a mountain goat was with another wolf. He was confident though; his survival kind of depended on how focused he was. He noted the faintest scent of moose in the distance and noted that for later he could retrieve the carcass. It might help if he were to show up with two mountain goats {though one is being hunted by the black subordinate} and a moose that had some meat left on it.

Since the goats were preoccupied fighting they had enormous blind spots that Hal hid in and used to his advantage. A larger smile crossed his muzzle as he planned out his attacks carefully. The fighting might be to his advantage. They were both injured. Though if he waited out the fight than he might lose the opportunity to have both brought back. No, they were both hurting each other and therefore they were weaker than they would normally be. He noted silently to himself about the danger of the horns they were fighting with and he got into position. He just had to wait..... wait for the right timing.

Three. Two. One. NOW!

He rushed forward at the goats and aimed the separate the larger one from the smaller one. He would take this one down.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Rhysis Aquila
I think you overlooked the goats had already fled as Rhysis purposely spooked them to make it harder for Halegen to catch one... but we can wrap this up in a post each. Miss/Hit in this post and come to @Phineas to decide Halgen's fate in your next post? :) This will be Rhys out. <3

He didn't look back. His eyes were set on the goat fleeing before him. Hot on its heels, he was now able to note the scent of blood. It appeared the battle had tired the already hungry and weakened animal, as well as causing him what he'd consider from the scent a minor cut or graze. All was going to help him bring the animal down. He hoped that this was not going to be a long hunt, that the creature would stumble or falter soon. As if the Gods heard his very thoughts, the goat made a leap from one side of the creek to the other. The speed it travelled and the hardness of its hooves did not make for an easy landing, it missed the other bank and landed on the ice. The creatures limbs went all ways, unable to keep itself upright it fell onto its side with a thump. Wasting no time, Rhysis dove from the bank and stepped cautiously yet quickly across the ice, using the soft padding of his paws to keep his balance. The creature didn't have enough time to stand upright before his jaws sought its neck. Standing at its head, he avoided the hard hooves of the beast and needed only to avoid its kicking.Once the creature lay limp in his mouth, he tugged it backwards, using his neck muscles whilst treading as carefully as he could back over the ice towards the bank of the creek. Every so often the ice would groan and threaten to break, but it only spurred him on to get back quickly and safely with his catch in tow.From the thickets, he appeared, dragging the creatures twitching body behind him. As he passed Phineas, he simply gave him a glance, curled his lips into a smirk and carried on towards the pack lands where he would dump the catch and share the meal with his pack mates.