(See All?) Announcements
439 Users Online
Bing

Teacher Teacher, Won't You Teach Me
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 517 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata
ooc. So I was hoping to claim Demonstrate/Participate in a pack role for this, which means 15 posts with at least 6 with active learning, is that okay @Karpos and @Chuylin

January 23rd, Late Afternoon, Overcast 12F/-11C

Aponi waited impatiently on the border for her Uncle to do his rounds, she knew this is when he did them in the afternon. In fact, she knew when each round happened and who would be doing them, when they had first arrived the princess had taken it upon herself to learn border patrol schedule. Not because she was interested in doing the border, she was more interested in avoiding the guardians so she could sneak off. Chuylin didn't know his niece would be waiting, or what she wanted and so the girl didn't really have any reason to be impatient, but she was. The pup paced anxiously along the line she knew marked the edge of their territory, not so long ago she had only been concerned with crossing it and getting away, but now she knew the battle was much closer to home.

The princess had come to the realization that her title was just that; a title, it would do nothing in helping her become Queen when her mother was ready to step down. In order to do that she would need to fight her way to the top, and she would be prepared. The days of temper tantrums and outbursts had been replaced by quiet calculations, plans and sheer determination. Nothing and she meant nothing would stand between her and her role as leader, she would dedicate her life to becoming preened and trained into the perfect Queen. Aponi had spent the last few weeks surveying the territory, learning every nook and cranny until she could walk the whole area with her eyes closed without stumbling. When she wasn't surveying she had been quietly observing her Ma and Pa, watching their movements, their gestures, the way they interacted with the pack storing it all in memory.

This is why she waited not for her Uncle Chuylin, last time they interacted one-on-one she had been trying to trick him into allowing her to sneak away, now she wanted him to teach her. As a Guardian she knew he had to have some skill in fighting, and she wanted a sparring lesson. Sure, sparring wasn't the typical princess sport, it was usually reserved for the boys but Aponi would never let herself be caught in a situation where she was defenceless. The girl's will was strong, but now she needed her body to match her mind.

[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Karpos gave a small smile as he watched the borders. He had taken it upon himself to do random border runs whenever he had time to. He didn't fit into any schedule but he figured another run wouldn't hurt. He was surprised and nervous when he saw that Aponi had put herself at the borders. He tilted his head to the side a little bit as he and he offered a smile. His tail gave a small wag and he greeted her. "Hi Princess Aponi!" He told her with an elegant smile. The future queen of the former mountain pack and what was now the Keep was in his presence. "Whatcha doing?" He asked her about why she was just randomly sitting by the borders.

Karp looked at the princess but in truth he was more focused on his thoughts. His thoughts were debating everything he could possibly say to her. How can you see into my eyes like open doors? He wondered as he looked at her. She always seemed so shy around him. Well, at least she didn't seem bossy like Mercy had described her. What made him different from Mercy? They were both boys her age. Was it because Mercy was a bastard or did it have to do with who he was? Who was he anyways? Was he a guardian? What was he destined to be? Soon he would have to make choices and these choices would affect his entire life. It made him very nervous and he held his small smile as he awaited Aponi's response.
Played by Bryony who has 171 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chulyin Nyanquet
Chulyin was glad to be about the Keep now. He hadn't had much chance to acclimate himself to these new lands yet, as he'd spent so much time wandering to find food. But he'd been back for some time now and had been learning the ins and outs of the strange new forest. Just as he'd learned the rocks of the Pass, he would learn every knoll and dip in this wood that he now called home. Feeling the cold against his fur, he shook out as he paced along the length of the border. They were no longer so hidden as they'd been on the mountain, though it seemed as though they'd descended more or less unnoticed. That was obvious enough from the lack of stranger scents upon the border. Tail swinging at his back, he enjoyed the quiet that consumed him, the sound of snow crunching beneath his weight, the quiet huff of his own breath...And children's voices?

Ears pressed forward, he cleared a bunching of trees to see Aponi and Karpos upon the border. His pace slowed considerably then as he glanced between the two, wondering what they could be up to. The last time he'd truly spent time with the Princess was when she was much younger, trying to explore the mountain on her own. He was surprised (and thankful) she was still alive. Perhaps that exploring had benefitted her, so he could not scold her for it, it was in the past. "Evening." He regarded the pair, offering both of them an smile, though it was short-lived, as his smiles usually were. "What are you two doing out here?" His voice was curious, no hint of judgement in its tones. They were old enough now and hopefully understood the gravity of traveling too far from home in this weather, especially at this point.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata
ooc. Aponi took 5 of the 15 health points

The sight of her dark pelted friend was a pleasant surprise to the princess, who couldn't help the smile that instantly lit her features. Silvery tail wagged behind her as he approached, "Karpos!" she called, taking a step forward and then hesitating for a moment. It had been so long since the two had talked about anything that wasn't a polite exchange before bed, Aponi had been making herself so busy. Awkward moment shoved aside she approached him and nudged her muzzle gently against his in greeting. Opening her maw about to answer her second question she stopped short at her Uncle's greeting, turning from her friend to the adult she nodded in respect to him. Smiling broadly she began to explain, "I was actually waiting for you! I was hoping that......" The sentence was never finished and the girl's nose rose into the air, twitching furiously at the scent that reached her.

Her stomach grumbled angrily at the smell, reminding her of the ache in her gut that had settled there with the onset of winter and refused to let up. Aponi was off like a bullet from where she stood, driven by pure instinct and hunger towards the source of the smell, crossing the border without a second thought. Snow flung behind her creating a blizzard in her wake, until her icy gaze settled upon the carcass of a moose. In less than a second the princess had her teeth gripping the carcass, tearing a large chunk from the bone. Settling down a few feet away Aponi made quick work of eating her share of the find, leaving equal amounts left for her uncle and Karpos. Soon her stomach was filled and settled, the ache no longer present, at least not for now.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos takes 5 out of 15 :D

Karpos offered a very large smile to Aponi as she gave him a warm greeting. She nudged her muzzle against his and she wagged her tail. Karpos' tail held a wag and he turned to the sound of a familiar voice to him. It was Mr. Chuylin asking what they were doing there. "Hi Mr. Chuylin! I was doing a border patrol than I ran into Princess Aponi." He said with a small smile. He had been diligently doing border patrols ever since Sir Mapplethorpe had told him that he [-Karpos-] had potential. He caught the scent of a moose carcass right after Aponi had taken off. "FOOOOOOOOOOOD." The voice was eager. A slight confusion as he ran after her. He saw the food and his stomach growled in hunger.

It had been awhile since he had really had much to eat. Ever since he had met Quick and Chuylin on the borders. He had found that deer and Sir Mapplethorpe had him go and pick it apart to store it. Other than that it was mild things about once a week to get him by. It was winter and times were harsh. He didn't feel right trying to take more than he needed for survival; no wolf did really. He arrived to find Aponi already finished with her portion. He offered a small laugh as he started to gnaw down on the deer. He wondered briefly what it was that Aponi had needed to see her uncle for. Why would she randomly stand at the borders for him? Was there something Karp was missing?
Inactive No Rank
Chulyin Nyanquet
The greeting she gave him this time around was far more cordial than the last time they'd had a bit of "one-on-one" time. A ghost of a smile floated onto his muzzle and his ears tipped forward, interested in hearing her and Karpos' reason behind their lingering so near to the borders. Nostrils flared once as she spoke, and his stomach gave a grumble of apprehension, but his eyes remained upon the two children, waiting to see if they noticed it as well. It was something of a test, and there was hardly any hesitation as her speech cut off and she ran towards the smell. Karpos followed right behind after an excited yelp. With no haste in his step, he followed after the children, knowing full well that this find would only faintly slake his hunger. At this point, he'd become adept at ignoring the sharp pains in his abdomen.

It was true that the man did not consume much. Things that he had caught went to the pack first, and he seemed to forget about them until there was nothing but bone and marrow left. It was enough to quiet his stomach for a time. He watched as the children ate, his muscles stiffened as instinct screamed at him to fend away the pests that were keeping him from a full belly. A slow exhale fizzled from his nostrils, calming him until he could move forward and tear away what was left. With something in his stomach, he instantly felt better. Odd what a meal could do to a wolf.

Looking up from his meal, he eyed Aponi, "What were you saying?"
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

The princess licked her chops before smacking her lips together, eyeing the carcass warily as her stomach rebelled for more food. Watching her uncle take his fill the girl couldn't help the resentment she felt though she kept silent about it now, something that never would have happened just a few months ago. Blue eyes followed his movements coolly while a grumble emitted once more from her belly, something she was learning to ignore. Aponi had grown thin over the last few months, prematurely losing all of her puppy fat and revealing the muscles that rippled beneath her pelt. The girl was built more like her birth father than her mother, legs thin and figure lithe for speed and not strength. This was part of her problem, she knew that even the other pups could easily beat her in brute strength, which is why she needed to be able to out skill them.

Standing from her position the girl pulled herself to her full height, head held high and stared hard for a moment at her uncle. Without hesitation she spoke clearly, "Teach me to fight, I won't be a princess forever and I need to be able to defend myself and fight for my position." The tone was one Aponi had heard many times in her life, from her mother, it left no room for questions. Gaze held steady onto the dark form of the older male but muzzle raised slightly higher, as if daring him to deny her request. Oh the princess was a force of nature all right, no was never an option in her mind.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
I suck :c

Karpos sat there in a very passive and observatory manner. He was curious about whether or not this man would accept the princess' requests. He supposed that Chuylin would not turn down his own niece, yet he was still curious to see how it turned out. He almost was eager to ask if he could join in too, but he didn't want to piggyback on what Aponi sought out. That might appear desperate the get her attention and to spend time with her. He took a deep breathe and looked at the man and then to the princess once more. Karp thought back to his own training session with Mapplethorpe, who had told him that he had promise as a guardian. The former Pitch Pine Prince wanted nothing more than to do what he needed to do to be loyal to the pack.

"Teach me to fight, I won't be a princess forever and I need to be able to defend myself and fight for my position." The words echoed through his ears as he repeated it in his mind. She was right, she wouldn't be a princess forever. One day she would be queen and though Karp didn't admit it to himself yet, he wanted to be her king. He closed his eyes and took a deep breathe as he scented around. It felt nice, not having his stomach rumbling. He wondered if every winter was that harsh or if this one was just insane? Time would tell.

Inactive No Rank
Chulyin Nyanquet
Keeping his coppered eyes trained upon her, he lowered his muzzle to take another bite, trying his hardest to savor the meal that had fallen into their laps. It was nothing short of a razz to his senses, lingering on the visceral. The stoic man finished the bite he'd taken before his niece had taken up speech again, and so could focus on her words. They were quite serious, not allowing of refusal. Not that the man had any reason to refuse her. It was not her tone that ensured his agreement though, but simply the fact that he saw no reason not to assist her. In fact, he found it quite incredible that she'd taken the initiative to even ask, especially him, as it seemed just a few months ago that she was attempting to tell him off.

However, though he would not refuse her, he would let her sit and wonder if he was going to. Without a verbal answer or a nod, not even a shrug, he broke eye contact with her in a quite indifferent fashion to take another bite of his meal, finishing it off. There was not even a flicker of a smile or amusement upon his face. He could respect her for taking such initiative, but he found himself desiring to teach her that she could not be so demanding of her superiors. A queen she might one day be, but today was not that day.

Chulyin didn't let the silence linger long before swallowing and looking up to her again, rising to all fours, towering over the children. "Alright, then." He said calmly, before lunging towards the girl. There was no sign of aggression upon his facade, nor even a sign of tooth. He was simply intending to plow right into her, hoping to take advantage of the fact that she was not prepared. He desired her respect before he taught her an ounce of the art of combat. Her ambition was fine, but in a few months, she would be amongst the ranks, the true ranks, where she could either use her relations as a crutch, or she could earn the respect of those she intended to rule over. One had to be subordinate before they could truly enjoy the throne.