Google, Bing

such great heights
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 53 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
Overcast — Current Temperature: 21° F/-6° C - early afternoon
@Angier @Elettra or any Willow Ridge wolves

Travelling further north from the open space she'd called home for a very short period, the woman found her days moving by quite fast. The snow, which was not presently falling as the sun drifted higher and higher into the sky, made moving with any considerable speed basically impossible. What was typically one mile now felt like ten, and after a few days, broken up by periods of rest, she found herself looking at a large copse of willow trees. Their branches were bare and rather spooky looking. Nose to the snow, Addie took a few sniffs. Her tail gave a few careful wags as signs of life made themselves known beyond the fronds. Adelaide wasn't a woman to tempt fate. She was a woman looking for an escape and one did not get that by begging the question to every wolf that wandered past. There was a pack here and she would not turn her back on these trees, because heaven only knew what would be waiting behind her.

Sucking in a massive breath, she settled to her haunches, lifting her head only to howl before letting it fall below her shoulders. Her tail was tucked beneath her rump, and though her silver eyes were watchful, they were certainly not nervously so. If anything, she was quite excited to be faced with this minor challenge, for nothing scared the woman anymore. Living through a nightmare tended to make most challenges in life seem small. But she would not get cocky. She would simply be honest and appropriate. Perhaps fate would smile upon her, for she was no hunter, at least not in any professional sense, but rather quite knowledgeable in herbs. With all this cold, perhaps they would be in need of a cure for the snuffles.
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Silvia who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Senka Flint
Senka Flint
allow me this moment of bliss so I may begin to miss the torment
With the weather was overcast and not looking like it was to snow heavily anytime soon, Senka had chosen to check the caches and game trails that day. With so little to find now in this deadly winter, she was concerned that she wouldn’t be able to provide for her pack. Very little could be found and what little was found never seemed enough for the pack.

A howl calling from the borders near by pulled her from her musings. Senka couldn’t help but sigh. Another wolf looking for a pack was her guess. Deciding that all was good for now- all the caches had been checked and nothing had gotten into the caches yet, thankfully-Senka steered herself towards the origin of the howl, thinking it’d be wise to at least greet the unknown wolf and see what they wanted.

As the distance was traveled, in her mind, she was thinking that it was another mouth to feed, another to lower their small caches even further. However, she couldn’t fault the wolf for wanting to gain shelter for the winter. A lone wolf, in this season and time? They’d have a better chance in the pack and there was a slight pang of guilt as she was reminded that her brother was one of those lone wolves. Would he survive the winter? Would he find a pack?

Shaking her head free of those thoughts, Senka arrived at the border where the call came from. Spotting the small, brown female sitting with her tail tucked under her flank, Senka raised her tail slightly over her back as the russeted female approached her.

”Hello there,” Senka called as she approached, pausing a few feet away, at the edge of the border as the huntress studied the fae before. ”I am Senka Flint, the huntress for Willow Ridge. Who are you and what is it you are doing at my pack’s borders?” The answer was obvious but Senka wanted to make sure, wanted to hear it out of this fae’s mouth in her voice. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#fefefe;">

table by mimi
Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
With winter on all sides, she felt awful for having to distract the wolves of this pack from more important matters. Time was likely valuable, a level below food. So the silver-eyed woman was surprised when she was greeted quickly by a reddish woman. Her head fell slightly lower now that there was truly a wolf in her presence. Tail was not freed from its position beneath her form. With eyes averted, she gave the woman her answer, "I am here to offer your pack my skills as a healer. To assist, not just for winter, but for life." There was the slightest lilt of a question at the end of her dialogue, as though she didn't desire to be presumptuous. For all she knew, they already had a healer and would have no need of her.

"Oh, ah, my name is Adelaide. Adelaide Belrose, miss." Her eyes lifted slightly, not to the opposing woman's eyes, but to her form in general, as though she wished to gain some insight to their packlife. Spirits seemed high enough, and though winter brought with it a drop in weight, the woman before her certainly didn't look emaciated. From the kindness of her greeting, as well, Adelaide felt as though she was not about to tumble headfirst into deja-vu. It was behind her, truly it was, but that didn't mean she wished to relive her hell. Certainly, if something unsettling laid beyond these borders, she would get an inkling of it from this woman?
Inactive No Rank
Senka Flint
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;​}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl340\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
\
Senka Flint
allow me this moment of bliss so I may begin to miss the torment
\With ears pricked forward to listen, Senka heard her name and what she could bring to the pack, if accepted. A healer? She knew @Elettra was a healer but she was also their leader. What if she left on a journey, like she had spoken of before winter had set in? What would happen if one of the pack became sick or injured? But Senka wasn't about to mention this to the lone wolf before her, who was doing right by Senka so far. However, it wasn't her right to accept or decline a wolf into the pack. That belonged to hr leaders.

"I cannot speak for my leaders but I am sure adding another healer to the ranks would be beneficial." though whether or not we'll have to food to feed another is an entirely different matter. the huntress couldn't help but add in her mind. Already they were dreadfully low on food, barely managing and Senka could feel the weight she had gained before winter already beginning to fade away, though she knew she was still fairly healthy. At least compared to others. "You say you want to assist the Willow Ridge pack for life? Then tell me Adelaide, before my leaders arrive and so that I might be able to tell them as well, that should you be accepted, you are willing to be loyal and take care of the pack and those within to the best of your abilities. I should also mention, though I haven’t been here long, I suspect traitors of any kind shan’t be tolerated. Do you understand?"[/b] <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#fefefe;">

table by mimi
}
Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
It was hard to resist picturing an inglenook beyond these trees. Curled up among wolves that she could one day consider her friends, her family. When all others had failed, perhaps these wolves would not. Of course, she was putting an awful lot of stock in a menagerie of strangers, but after four years of life, Adelaide wondered if she really had anything left to lose. Though essentially cowering before this pack wolf, Adelaide wondered if she really wanted to look so...weak? She was weak, physically, but that was only due to the winter. Mentally, she was fine, mostly. She just missed being in the company of others.

But she did not get her hopes up, despite Senka's claim that her presence would be "beneficial". Adelaide gave a few nods, acknowledging the cocoa woman's statements. Now she was dreadfully aware that Senka held little weight in this pack. Well, that was a rude assumption. But if she was not a leader and she had not been around long...Adelaide began to worry. But perhaps if this woman was to be her future packmate, it would have been wise to put some faith into her. Adelaide smiled sweetly, "I am no traitor, Senka. I can assure you." Her tail wagged pleasantly behind her after it freed itself. She held herself a little better; not higher, per say, but more confidently as she become comfortable with the wolf before her. "Perhaps I could ask, who are your leaders?"
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

"Perhaps I could ask, who are your leaders?"

For the question to be heard only slightly muffled in the chilled air was a surprise, but to the Leader of Willow Ridge, it eventually dawned on him that he had merely been just close enough to catch it. He scoffed to himself, figuring that he might as well not let the conversation go any further than it had to; he had already dismissed the rogue's howl to begin with, thinking he had better things to do (namely eat, sleep, or generally conserve energy) than to stand around and chat. Picking his way among the willow roots and navigating through the twiggy, ice-coated umbrellas of the trees, he peered around each tree until he found them: Senka and the woman whose voice tugged at his ear drums like the droning coming from a hornet's nest. He partially scowled but instead of waiting for Senka to practically introduce him and lend her Elettra's name or even wait for Elettra herself to make herself present, Angier stepped forward from his place behind a veil of whip-like branches.

"Angier Lyall," he extended smoothly, answering the rogue's question. "My mate--" he made certain that he emphasized the word as to make it clear that he was one of two reigning monarchs, "--is Elettra Archer. We hold precedence here..." His pale gold eyes made a swift pass over mottled gray-and-tawny coat. Obviously she had been on her own for quite some time or at least traveling for a better part of the winter season. He turned to address Senka briefly, his whiskered brows lifting in an expectant manner, "Thank you. You may be excused now..."

Though he and Senka had seen one another before and had known of each other's names for some time, he still knew very little about the appointed Willow Ridge Hunter and preferred to keep it that way while he continued to find his bearings and establish himself as Elettra's equal.

The tail behind him rose up a little higher, silently testing the prominence he now held over the scene, but rather than wait for the Hunter to leave, utter a word, or even move, he went ahead and cast his attention back to the stranger, "What is it that you want from the wolves of Willow Ridge?"

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
When the male emerged from the trees, Adelaide flinched, instantly knowing what place he held, as he had answered her question. Her tail disappeared beneath her again, eyes watching him carefully. He hadn't done or said anything cruel, but knowing his place, Adelaide was careful and aware. He did not stand too much taller than she did and yet she felt the fur rising along her back, a slow drip of fear creeping into her consciousness. A few times, the woman blinked, registering his words, one-by-one. Angier. Mate. Elettra. Her paled muzzle swooped as she nodded. Silver eyes drifted towards Senka as he excused her, and the dose doubled. Her paws, dug deep in the snow, began to tremble.

He approached closer now, tail inching visibly over his back, and her chin nearly brushed the snow now as her head tilted. The man, Angier, had asked her a question. Her teeth pressed against each other, and she sucked in a sudden breath, swallowing the strange creeping fear. "Angier, sir, I come looking for a home. I can offer my healing skills." Thickly accented tones seeped forth as she slowly let her jaw loosen. "A permanent home." The words, so easily spoken a moment ago, felt heavy on her tongue now in his presence. Could he see right through her? For she could not help but feel that he was capable of it.

Perhaps Adelaide was no hunter, no warrior, no guardian, but she was not meek or weak. While she would submit to this man, she knew that he was not what she had made him to be. When would this fear subside?
Inactive No Rank
Senka Flint
(Short exit post for Senka)

Senka was about to reply to the new wolf's question, when Angier appeared and smoothly replied to the question asked. Senka allowed him, stepping back and bowing to her leader. Now one of her leaders was here, she knew she was no longer required and her thoughts were confirmed when he turned back to her, thanking and dismissing her.

Not questioning the order, Senka turned back into the willow trees and vanishing behind them. There was a small hope that the small wolf could make it into the pack but at the same time, worried for the scarcity of food and what would happen if another did join.

Either way, it was time for Senka to see if she could find something in this snow covered land and all thoughts of the new wolf were cast aside as she went on the hunt, even if there wasn't anything to actually hunt.
(Exit Senka)
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

Just like that, Senka left, and Angier felt the pride, the consciousness of his domineering aura, swell in his chest. He did not let it get the best of him, however, as the remaining agouti woman still held his attention with her much anticipated answer. Upon first impression, she was respectful, addressing him as "sir" and not wasting his time by cutting to the chase. She was a healer by trade and had come to Willow Ridge in search of a home and a means to continue practicing her art. Between him and Elettra, Angier felt the pack was sufficient and self-reliant enough to stand on its own, but with his current instructions of not allowing others into the pack, he had to reserve his judgement. Perhaps this rogue was more gifted, or even more knowledgable about plants than he was...

His tan-furred brow lifted in genuine interest. Perhaps.

"I am currently under orders which state that I am to turn lone wolves away," he stated after clearing his throat. "But as a Medic, I feel that perhaps you 'ave come to the right place. Unfortunately, though," he momentarily dipped his head downward and drew his large ears back to touch the fur on his nape, "My word alone does not hold prominence here. I will let 'er assess you herself." The Lyall paused to look Adelaide over and once his pale eyes left the fur on the left side of her face, he angled his head up to summon @Elettra into their midst.

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young pronghorn has fallen behind its herd and starved in the snow. +5 Health