630 Users Online
Google, Bing

Wait so long — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghoff who has 83 posts.
No Rank
Simaea Nite
@Titan Come and bring your puppy charm to save poor sad Simi

Why? It was a simple question, and all she had asked herself over the past few weeks. Ever since Minka had snapped at her, Simaea had fallen into a new depression. She was a failure now, an untrustworthy pack mate. As much as she wished to seek out some help, she couldn't just up and leave, even if it would only be a few days. What would the healer even tell her leader? Oh sorry Narime I'm just going to go cry on someone's shoulder because I'm fairly certain you all hate me. Yes that would be perfect, she should just go ahead and exile herself now. But no, there would be sick wolves come winter and Simaea had a job to do.

Speaking of which she remembered suddenly that she was out of her den for a reason rather than to mope. So the she wolf began to search out some herbs almost aimlessly. Her coat, matted, and dull, hung on every little thorn it could find while her eyes still hadn't adjusted to sunlight for she spent days in her cave. Simaea only left anymore to relieve herself, it was beyond evident to her that no one cared she was never outside. Of course no one cared, why should they, after all Minka was respected second and Simaea was nothing but the healer. The bitch healer that couldn't conduct herself properly, and couldn't keep friends. Her head hung low and she stopped even searching for herbs and once more flopped onto her stomach and stared at nothing. I'm worthless.

(This post was last modified: Sep 30, 2013, 07:07 AM by Simaea.)
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Dated 9/25/2013?

Titan was on his way back from his meeting with the gray loner Lyr. He held a large yellow red sycamore leaf folded in half by the ends as the child padded into the cave. Pausing at the entrance to let his eyes adjust to the darkness, Titan readjusted his grip making sure he didn't touch any of the yellow arnica plants that he and the gray stranger had put together inside of the folded sycamore leaf. He still remembered the womans dark words. How eating the plant would make your insides bleed dry. Basically I would die... Titan had an idea of what death was after seeing live animals in the meadow. The same dead animals that his mother would bring the Thorben siblings to eat. How he saw it was that you slept forever, and Titan did not want to sleep forever. He wanted to run around and play with his friends and family. So the child was very careful not to ingest or even lick the yellow flowers that he carried.

The raven childs blue orbs peered into the darkness. He would have to find Simaea who hid somewhere within the cave. All in all it took the young Thorben about 20 minutes to locate the depressed healer. She didn't even seem to notice his arrival. Setting down his precious load of plants Titan picked his head back up and cocked it sideways looking at the dark lady.

"You are nurse Simaea right?" His mother had told him of the woman before. However the dark child could not remember meeting her formally. He was too young to remember the time she'd helped him into the world.

"I brought you a present! It will help anyone who's hurt right?" He pushed forward the sycamore leaf which opened to reveal the many yellow flowering plants he had carefully pulled from the field of dried fire flowers. "Lyr told me that you would like this..uh..mm..mmm arn..arnica plant.?" He piped up a third time trying to get the dark ladies attention. All he wanted was to be of use. To be given an approving look or a thank you. Just like mens working dogs the young wolf shared that wanting to serve his pack.

WHISPER Caverns
Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...

No Rank
Simaea Nite
At Titan's approach, Simaea's ears only twitched. She cracked a half smile, So young, so innocent, they know nothing of the troubles of the world. Here I am, broken, torn, and they still are so naive that they would never notice it. But she would not voice this to young Titan, for if she did would she be ruining him prematurely? Spoiling his innocence before his time? No, she would not, could not do such a thing to her wonderful leaders. Plus she had brought it all upon herself, with her careless attitude towards others. It was a wonder Narime hadn't kicked her out yet, even more than that it was nothing short of a miracle. Who would want a depressed healer anyways?

But when Titan nosed open the leaf, and the Arnica was exposed Simaea almost flew into a fit of rage. What fool would give Arnica to a pup? Even just to carry, it was insanely dangerous! She stood quickly and pawed the package towards herself, took a deep breath and explained to the pup very calmly. "Titan, while I appreciate this greatly, for it can be useful one day in an emergency, this Arnica can also kill you. I f you eat even the tiniest bit, it could cause you to bleed inside. I don't want that for you, so next time a stranger gives you herbs, call for me first." Carefully she folded the herb back into it's leaf wrap and tucked it away so that it would be safe from any more curious pups with peculiar appetites.

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
ugh.. You know my reasons for the late post.. Sorry!

Titan cocked his head looking into Simaea's face with an expression that said "awww come onnn!" but the child held that complaint in for a second. He would wait for Simaea to finish before saying anything. The healers words stung at Titan's heart. He knew already that the herbs were scary and dangerous, but that they could still be helpful too. He knew that death meant sleeping forever, and that scared him more than anything ever had in his short life. So he had known to be careful, to not touch the plants at all with his muzzle. Honestly, Titan had been so paranoid at first that after he raked the arnica plants into the large sycamore leaf the boy had rubbed his paws in a muddy puddle trying to clean them so that he wouldn't get sick. The healers words made him feel like she was looking down on the child as if he knew nothing (which he kinda doesn't know much) and that made him hurt inside.

"But...I already knew that! Lyr told me already! I know that it could make me sleep forever not knowing anything. I know that already. That it can kill me. Still... Lots of family were sick or hurt recently. I wanted to help them get better in any way possible. I tried to be safe, and I'm not dead now am I?!" His last words came out as a snarl while the hurt built up in his chest. Then Titan, knowing he'd just done something wrong by yelling at an adult, turned away shamefully while kicking at the earthen floor.

Why couldn't he help out the adults more?

WHISPER Caverns

No Rank
Simaea Nite
Simaea listened to the pup, one whom was so innocent, not yet tainted by his own mistakes and misdeeds. He was hurt by her warning, but she knew he didn't know that it was to save him from becoming her, to save him from a fatal misdeed. Something to end his life the way hers had. She had first lost that loner, and then Minka, and here, she could have lost one of the very pups she helped to bring into this world. Of course it would probably serve her right, it would probably repay her for some unknown hurt she had caused. Who knows maybe if the pup had died Narime would have killed her in a fit of grief. Oh that may have been nice.

Simaea shook her head for a moment to rid herself of such gruesome thoughts. For now the she wolf was fighting of the grip of depression that was threatening to squeeze the life out of her. For the sake of this pup she must appear okay. "I am not disappointed in you Titan. I just worry about your safety for I saw the three of you into this world, and I do not wish to see you go back out." She gave the pup a good Natured smile hoping that he would understand he had done nothing wrong. But merely that she was just worried that he could have been hurt. "Now just think what your mother and father would do if I went and let you get hurt. I think they'd have both of our tails!"

(This post was last modified: Nov 18, 2013, 08:36 PM by Simaea.)
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan sat down in the dirt putting on a vacant expression. He stared at the various hollows where strange smelling plants were stored within the cave walls around him. Are there other plants that can both hurt and help wolves in here? He wondered silently taking in Simaea's words without a comment or gesture to say that he had heard them. Titan was beginning to show that he was the type of wolf who would hold a grudge for quite some time. That quality was seldom seen in Sloane. However Narimé as sweet and kind as she was, had shown to hold a grudge for the extreme few wolves who happened to get on her nerves.

Titan noted a smile on the healers lips while looking at him. It made sense to him that the lady who had helped him live so far didn't want to see him get hurt. It was the same problem with his mother. Protection was good but Titan saw the adults actions as being too overprotective. Nobody would let him do anything, learn anything on his own. I wish I would grow up already so they can stop worrying about me... Titan huffed quietly in his head.

"Now just think what your mother and father would do if I went and let you get hurt. I think they'd have both of our tails!"

Simaea's rasping voice grated upon his nerves.

"They would probably yell at you a lot... and I would get a nip on the nose..." Titan remembered when his mother had nipped his nose for trying to drink milk long after he was supposed to be weaned onto meat. Though he couldn't see what the problem was at the time.

Still looking at the sickly sweet smelling herbs, Titan sighed feeling his anger beginning to ebb. What was done was done, and the child couldn't do anything about it for now. He couldn't force himself to grow up any faster than the boy already was. But I can train and learn more so that they won't have to punish me again. His thoughts were logical. The more the young Thorben learned and grew the less often he would get into trouble.

"What other plants do you have that shouldn't be touched or picked up?" He asked quietly stealing a side glance towards the dark woman. Would she show him or simply turn the child away?

WHISPER Caverns

No Rank
Simaea Nite
Simaea chuckled as the youth spoke, he was closer to the truth than she was. But Narime would probably do a little more than yell at Simaea. Still she admired his enthusiasm, and his willingness to learn. "Well Titan." She began rasping again. "Any herb if eaten in too high of a dosage can kill a wolf, so it's best to treat them all as if they are deadly, but I will show you a very common killer." Simaea turned away and pawed out some leaves, menacing, they all were, in their very own ways. Terrible herbs meant for killing. They were all poisonous and unfit to eat or even touch really, but Simaea had them.

"Amanita muscaria." She began gesturing to the first. "Nightshade." She gestured to the second. "Finally Cowbane, now there are others that could hurt you but to my knowledge the only one that kills and cures is Arnica. I've heard of others that can make you extremely ill, But these three WILL kill you. That is their purpose, death." As much Simaea wanted to shield the young from some things, this was not one, they all deserved all the knowledge she could give. Even if it was terrifying to think of a plant as killing a wolf.

Honestly Simaea kept them around for scary reasons anyways. In case she needed them, Simaea knew if she ever had to then she could put a wolf with distemper or rabies out of it's misery. Even one of her own pack mates. Even herself if it came to it, sometimes even being a healer was risky.

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
"Any herb if eaten in too high of a dosage can kill a wolf, so it's best to treat them all as if they are deadly, but I will show you a very common killer."Simaea's words made the child blink in astonishment. "All of them?!?" the lads eyes bugged out while the fur along his spine bristled slightly. He definitely wasn't going to be gnawing on grass any time soon.

"Does that mean if wolves eat too many berries of the plants they'll die too?" This question was posed more innocently as the child didn't know the exact difference between normal plants and herbs yet.

His dark blue gaze watched the healer move towards the herb piles that littered the small crevices of her den inside the cave. The young Thorben's tail stuck out stiffly as he watched a few piles of herbs taken out. Herbs that Simaea explained would absolutely kill a wolf. Dark black ears lay back upon the young regal pup's crown as he observed from a safe distance.

He leaned forward to look closer at the first plant the brown she wolf gestured to. Nightshade... The name was cool enough but just looking at the plant and knowing that it could kill a wolf so easily made the youth shiver. He admired the few dried flowers leftover for a moment unsure as to what color they were supposed to be either pink,white, pinkish white or purply pink.. Next he scented the herb wrinkling his black muzzle at the smell. It was definitely something he could remember even if he didn't know the exact color of the flowers. Then Titan tilted his head and gazed at the bright berries that glistened a blackish blue. Oh yeah... He was definitely not going to eat berries ever again.

"Nightshade...nightshade, nightshade, nightshade, nightshade...arnica...then that's nightshade..." The child viewed the plant and scented it at the same time while repeating the name of the killers. He went over the yellow flowered arnica just to make sure he remembered that on too.

The next plant Simaea went over Titan leaned in once more to listen. His dark blue orbs took in the sight of this strange plant quickly looking over every difference between it and the nightshade. Then he compared it to the arnica.

Most of the pieces of cowbane had smooth purple striped stems that branched quickly to leaves or flowers. The alternate tripinnate leaves were coarsely toothed,long, and thin. Flicking his gaze to the beautiful flowers Titan held himself stiffly in order not to fall forward onto the deadly thing. The flowers were small and white. They inhabited round clusters at the top of the stem like an umbrella.

Lastly Titan scented this plant. It had a much nicer smell compared to the nightshade and a slightly sweeter scent than the arnica. Had he not known better Titan probably would have rolled around in a field of this plant with the nice smell. "I can't believe plants like these can kill someone... Why is it they do that? Are they just poisonous like snakes?" He had remembered a warning from someone within the pack. That the long thin scaly things with no legs could be very dangerous. That they could poison and hurt you if you were bitten by them.

WHISPER Caverns
(This post was last modified: Dec 16, 2013, 06:42 PM by Titan.)

No Rank
Simaea Nite
Are they poisonous? just like snakes? Simaea smiled gently at the boy, "Yes and no. You see Titan, there ware some that just cause an itch or some pain and redness if you touch them, that can be treated easily. The ones that kill must be eaten, so they cannot truly bite and kill you as a snake can, but they are poisonous just the same." Simaea rolled the poisonous plants back to their respective spots and tucked them away safely. A touch of hurt in her face as she gazed upon them, the reasons she kept them close by were painful. The day they were used would be someone's last, and Simaea felt hurt and remorse building already for the unknown wolf that she would have to one day use them on.

Then of course there was the.. other reason that they were around. Simaea needed the solace of having a way out if things got too bad. But it was not a thought for the head of a pup. Insteadshe told him the first, "You see Titan, there are ailments and pains, that I cannot cure. Sometimes wolves need to rest, it would ease their pin and help them to the inevitable end. So that they wouldn't hurt, as evil as a poisonous plant may seem, it can be used for good" Of course Simaea was very sure most wolves would see something that's soul purpose is death as completely evil and nothing else. It may be a product of her past, but the healer knew, death was an inevitable end and a tool for healing. For when you were dead, you hurt no more.

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
"Yes and no. You see Titan, there ware some that just cause an itch or some pain and redness if you touch them, that can be treated easily. The ones that kill must be eaten, so they cannot truly bite and kill you as a snake can, but they are poisonous just the same."

Titan listened attentively then watched with murky blue eyes as Simaea moved to place the herbs into their own places along the wall. He didn't see the emotion that had flicked across her amber orange eyes. Glancing towards the entrance of the tunnel, Titan yawned a bit. He was a bit tired from the journey back, but his mind betrayed his body's tiredness. Titan wanted to stay awake. He wanted to learn more.

"You see Titan, there are ailments and pains, that I cannot cure. Sometimes wolves need to rest, it would ease their pain and help them to the inevitable end. So that they wouldn't hurt, as evil as a poisonous plant may seem, it can be used for good"

He shivered once more at the thought of what the small smelly plants could do. They could take down a wolf as giant as his father with an ease that frightened him. However the way she gave the information to him made Titan feel almost awed by the tiny green things that he would step on daily as he lived. Such an insignificant thing could do so much. It kind of gave him hope that even he as a small pup now could grow to become something that could achieve wonderful things.

"That's so awesome..." His eyes drooped but the boy made quite the effort to keep himself awake. The dark Thorben definitely didn't want to fall asleep right in front of a pack mate. Especially since he was finally being taught something that could be useful later. However as he sat there fatigue drove the child to stand up and shake himself.

I should probably get back to mom now... He thought quietly while another yawn escaped the young Thorbens mouth.

"I'm..Probably going to rest now. Thank you Aunt Simi for teaching that stuff to me." Titan gave his farewell dipping his dark crown tiredly and then began to stagger out of the healers den. It was high time he went to sleep after the adventurous day Titan had.

(FADE OUT)

WHISPER Caverns
(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2014, 02:02 AM by Titan.)