(See All?) Announcements
452 Users Online
Bing, Google, Khalon

Oops! — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
It was the words coming from his throat.. or maybe it was the uncertainty in the speaking of his words. She lowered the root gingerly to the snow when he touched her - that simple touch elicting a shiver from the female. At his last bit of explanation, she leaned further into him, rubbing her furred side against his before turning and nosing at his ears with a soft whine. "I'm not sure what to say.. but I do know that you aren't alone in what you feel... not alone at all...although.." She took a step that brought her into his view before she moved in and rested her jaw on his shoulder, fighting back the shiver as a cold breeze blew through the damp clumps.

"While I share your feelings.. the same affection.. love for you.. I wouldn't want you to give up your pack for us..." She shifted, nosing his furred shoulder, then his ribs as if to make her point. "A pack can provide for you - neither Raigo nor myself can.. not at the moment..." She turned, lifting the root back in her teeth and returning the few short steps to him before bumping into him again with a throaty chuckle. "Lesh go shave Raigo!" The slur in her words was simply because of the root in her teeth, but she literally danced a few times in front of him. A bounce to the left, then to the right before she darted off through the snow - racing towards the southern mountains.. and her home with Raigo.

She ran, letting her feet carry her and the Elecampene root towards the ailing pup - btu as she ran, she occasionally looked back, checking to see if Borden was still following. When she could see him, and he was close enough, she'd suddenly put on the brakes and press her nose, muzzle.. face.. anything into whatever unfortunate part of him she was close enough to.. Simply to maintain the contact she enjoyed.. and found heartening. It could be said she was playing, taking almost dancing, bounding leaps in the snow that were both unnessicary and not the most graceful - ending up on her face a few times. But each time, she got right back up, shook herself off and returned to the 'road' they were travelling on.

It had almost been a full twenty four hours before they got back to the semi-circle clearing that was her home, but she immediately moved into the den. The white wolf lowered her head and nosed Raigo's cheeks and muzzle, pushing the root towards the sick youngling. "Raigo... WAke up and chew on this... you'll feel better....I promise!" There was worry in her tone.. but also trust, fearlessness. She believed this root would help him, and save his life. She believed in not only herself, but in Borden - the strange male she had happened upon in the Thicket while fending off a bear. A male that had become as attached to her as she had become to him. What a mess this made.. but she knew she would do whatever needed done.. First to save Raigo.. then to decide what to do next.
user posted image
Played by Shadow who has 123 posts.
No Rank
Raigo Akreon
<i>E</i>ven the winter songs of the birds failed to cheer Raigo. He had been listening to them, which raised his spirits, but as Vlarindara's absence stretched on and on, he found that not even their cheery voices could penetrate his misery. His body ached all over, not just his stomach, but his head and limbs, too. He had vomited twice since Vlar had left him and he was beginning to shiver, despite the warmth of the little den that Vlar had left him in. He was cold.

A<i>c</i>cepting that Vlarindara had left him was about the only option that he could see, even though he kept repeating, "Vlar will come back. She'll help me get better. She won't leave me," over and over again. But yet, as time stretched on and still Vlar did not return, both his body and his mind grew more and more chilled. He had curled himself into a ball, trying to preserve as much of his own heat as he could, but that only helped slightly. He had tried to sleep, but found that doing so was nearly impossible, due to the burning in his throat and the pains coming from his stomach.

As <i>e</i>verything must, it seemed that his relationship with Vlar had come to an end. Try as he might, he could not convince himself that she was coming back for him. He wanted to have faith in her and believe that she would not leave him, but as he shivered in the dark, feeling as alone as he had since the day that he had been wandering alone in that blizzard that had separated him from the rest of his family, he could not help but wonder if Vlarindara had decided to leave him to die like the burden he was. Yes, he knew that he was a burden for her, he had seen how little she ate to make sure that he had enough food. He may be foolish, at times, but Raigo was not a fool.

The <i>i</i>conic figure in his life had disappeared, probably to start her own pack with Borden, so Raigo figured that it would be easier for him to just go to sleep and die quietly. Fatalistic? Perhaps. But given that the pup was barely even able to chew and swallow the small strips of meat that he did his best to keep inside his stomach, such an outcome seemed irrevocably inevitable. Heaving a long sigh and saying a silent farewell to his dear Vlarindara, Raigo closed his eyes and drifted into sleep. His dreams were filled by visions of Vlarindara, which then changed to what he could remember of his mother. They hunted together and played together, along with a few of his siblings.

Then, <i>p</i>erhaps in his dream and perhaps not, something nudged his cheek and a voice called out to him, beckoning him. In his dream, the young wolf paused and twisted his head around, seeking out the one that had called his name. As the voice continued, the dream began to fade away. The transition was slow, from sleeping to waking, and Raigo could not immediately remember where he was or why he could not move. Then he remembered that he was sick, but where was he and who was this she-wolf standing over him and nudging him. "Mother?" he asked, trying to force his eyes to focus. It did not smell like Mother, but, then again, Raigo did not really remember what Mother smelled like. "Is that you?" He struggled to raise his head, but found that the best he could do was a little angling up of his snout.
test italics
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>O O C | O how you just make my heart ache sometimes… x_O; Your writing has a way to pull at heartstrings, Cloud, I love it!

Meeting her gaze as she stepped back, he gave her a meek smile. She didn’t want him to give up the Plateau’s protection and support for them. He wanted to shake his head, but feeling her graze her nose along his shoulder and ribs stopped him. He would have done it... if only she didn’t say she didn’t want him do. ”A pack can provide for you – neither Raigo nor myself can… not at the moment…” she added.

Instead of stubbornly telling her that the three of them could survive and that he absolutely didn’t need his pack to survive (which would have been foolish had he actually told her), he smiled once more as she gathered the herb into her mouth again. She nudged him playfully and laughed. ”Lesh go shave Raigo!” Borden chortled, nodding as he trailed close behind her. Every so often, she sped ahead only to stop and wait until they rubbed up against one another – tail to nose, flank to shoulder, muzzle to lower back, side to side... Every time they touched he smiled, the simple pleasure of running with her bringing nothing short of happiness through his being. Through the late afternoon and evening, they trekked through Relic Lore, not even stopping in the dead of night to rest.

Navigating through the forests, he followed her, effortlessly keeping in step. By the time they had found their way to the small glade tucked away within the mountain range, the sun had already risen on a new day. Vlarindara quickly made her way into the den as Borden slowed his pace and quietly ducked under the hedge. In the gray light of early morning, he took in the smells of uneaten flesh and stomach acid; worry settled in his stomach once more. Unfazed by the sickly scent that wafted from the den, he dipped his muzzle to the small pool, quenching his thirst as the white wolf tended to her younger brother. He hoped the pup’s condition hadn’t worsened while she was away.

Deep in the den, as carefully stepped about and sat by the entrance to the glade, he figured she was doing her best to soothe him, perhaps even persuade him that the precious root she had sought out would cure him. He wrapped his tail around his hind legs before lying down. His joints protested against him bending them, but as he rested in the snow his body relaxed. The dark ears atop his skull even swiveled to their sides as he listened to the world beyond the pair’s sanctuary. Eavesdropping and possibly already worsening the situation at hand was something he did no intentions of doing. Simply and patiently, he set his head on his paws, hoping Vlar would let him know how Raigo was faring and if there was anything else he could do.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
OOC: I know, It makes you feel hella guilty doesn't it?!

She felt her heart stretching as the younger wolf asked if it was his mother but shook her head, moving to slide in behind him. She nudged him our of the way and settled in at his back, shifting her hind leg over his hip so it tuched him into her warm underbelly. She nosed his cheek again and reached for the root, biting it into a set of smaller pieces before nudging one of the smaller bits towards him. "Here.. eat this..I promise you will feel better, Raigo.." She whined softly as she tried to get him to eat the root, lifting her muzzle and rubbing her face along his cheek and jaw. Vlarindara did her best to reach him wherever he was.. to get her scent into his dreams, whatever they may be. He'd know her scent - and she knew she'd never think of leaving him behind..

The white wolf lifted her head and looked towards the entrance to the den before turning back to Raigo with a worried whine. She was scared for him..this young pup she had adopted as her own brother.. and sometimes her own pup. Amber eyes turned back to the mottled yearling before she nosed his neck and cheek again, getting to her feet and padding around in front of him. The female whined softly, her large triangle ears laying back against her head. "Raigo... wake up, kiddo..you have to get up.." She was beginning to get worried.. scared that he wouldn't be able to get up.. scared that she'd taken too long to find the herb.. hadn't been able to find it in time. Another worried whine escaped her throat followed by a whine turning into a bark. "Raigo! Get up!"
user posted image
No Rank
Raigo Akreon
<i>OOC: Aw, thank you, Grey. It is nice to know that research papers have not dulled my ability to write interesting literature!</i>

<i>N</i>othing seemed to make sense to the confused yearling. This she-wolf that had nudged him awake should have been his mother, right? But she did not smell like her. That fact, though, raised other questions in Raigo's mind. He did not remember what his mother smelled like, so how did he know that this was not her scent? He did not know how he knew, but he knew.

P<i>i</i>nning his ears back in confusion, Raigo blinked at the female in front of him. "Mother?" he repeated, his voice displaying his weakness. "No, you're white." That couldn't be right. He did know that his mother had similar fur as he did. No, this could not be Mother.

A d<i>w</i>indling sense of hope for his lost family finally snuffed itself out, leaving Raigo very confused. However, when he was barked at and told quite sternly to get up, his mind took a leap forwards in lucidity. His eyes cleared and his ears slowly crept forwards, turning to face this wolf...Vlarindara. "V--Vlar? Is that you?" He blinked a few more times and then his face lit up, eyes widening, ears pricking forwards. Even his tail started wagging, though feebly. "Vlar, you came back for me. I--I thought that you had left me here."
test italics
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>O O C | :) …feel free to skip over me a couple of turns if you two would like… to advance/finish the thread and such. I’m just gonna leave Borden out there to sleep (liek omg, he’s actually sleeping for once! D: ) before he has to head back to the Mountain of Dire. So, yeah, he won’t be doing much else unless either of them wakes him or something.

Sleepily, he let out a yawn, raising his head just enough to open his jowls before setting it back down again. Her voice and the bark she emitted were muffled by the cave walls but the tone assured him Vlarindara was doing what she could to help the youth. For a few moments, his pale eyes flickered to the cave and Raigo’s frail voice responded. At least, he thought it was Raigo. Exhaling, he allowed his eyelids to droop down.

Everything would be alright, Borden assured himself silently. If things had taken a turn for the worse, Vlarindara would have come out and said something by now… Right? With that being said, the Mountain wolf hoped that she wouldn’t emerge or leave the pup’s side until she was certain he’d recover. Raigo needed her more than ever right now, and the hours she had spent away from him must have been nothing short of frightening.

Taking another deep breath he allowed himself to drift off. The journey through the forests had thoroughly tired him out, and the thought of being within Vlarindara’s – as well as Raigo’s – reach had provided him with a sense of security and relief. Alexander had a handful of wolves at his command and he was sure, or at least he hoped, Adonia would do as she was told and mind the territory while he was away. For once, he allowed himself the comforts of deep sleep, oblivious to the waking world around him.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
"I would never leave you, Raigo.. That I promise. I went to the Midnight Plateu pack.. the ones Borden is with. I got their help in finding the herb.. I apologize for my tardiness.." The female smiled at him, lowering her head and brushing her muzzle and cheek along his head. She lifted the root once more and nudged it towards Raigos' mouth, a soft whine escaping her. "You have to eat this, Raigo.. Chew on it and don't let anything get loose." Her tone was worried, concerned, but she knew she had to do *SOMETHING* for the pup..

Vlarindara settled back onto her haunches with a whine, her fluffy tail brushing across the floor of the den, kicking up some dirt and small stones. She lowered her head again and rubbed along his neck and head, lipping at his ears softly. She was worried, and doing her best to reassure him, to keep his spirits up as much as she could. "You can do it, Raigo.. I believe in you..." she knew once he could manage to eat, she'd go hunting again - the meal she had found for him wasn't sufficient for him - he needed fresh meat, not the day old meal he had left.

She shifted and dragged the piece of meat to the mouth of the cave and set it down outside to get the smell away from his sleeping area. She would eat it more than happily once she made sure that Raigo was settled in. When she saw Borden laying down, she smiled warmly and let her tail wag spiritedly before turning back and laying down next to Raigo. "Come on, Raigo... You have to eat it.. I know you can do it."
user posted image
No Rank
Raigo Akreon
<i>T</i>antalizing memories of his mother and siblings flickered through Raigo's mind, but he shook his head slightly and did his best to get rid of them. They were dead now. The only one that he had was Vlar. Although, with her standing here in front of him, he was absolutely ashamed of what he had thought of her. Of course Vlar would not have left him. She had told him that she would not and had proven her point time and again, putting herself in danger, just to help him.

P<i>e</i>ering at the root that was set in front of him, Raigo cocked one ear to the side. "What...is that?" he asked, sniffing it carefully. But, Vlar had asked him to eat it, and he trusted Vlar, so he took a nibble from the side of the root. It tasted foul, as evidenced by his lips curling up and his ears flattening. But, Vlar had asked him to eat it, so he was going to eat it.

Po<i>s</i>sibly, the act of chewing helped his mind to become even more lucid and, as he continued to gnaw on the foul tasting root, he looked up at Vlar. "What took so long, Vlar?" he asked. In neither his voice nor his eyes was there any hint of accusation or anger, merely worry and concern. "I had thought that you hurt yourself or...Or that you had left me alone again."
test italics
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
It nearly broke her heart when he said that he'd thought she'd left him. The female lowered her head and tail, whining softly as her ears flopped back over her neck. She would *NEVER* leave him! She..had taken quite some time.. and felt absolutely verdant to her stomach at the thought of leaving him for so long! "Raigo...I-.." She whined and stepped towards him, nuzzling her muzzle into his neck. "I would never leave you... If I had the choice, I would never leave you."

She settled to her haunches next to him and tried for a smile.. tried to do anything to keep him conscious.. awake. "You would laugh at me, had you seen it, Raigo. I ran to Bramble falls to call on the Midnight Plateu pack for help... I was so tired.. but when I got there, Borden answered and came running to my call! I was explaining the problem to him, and the herb I needed to find before two other wolves from the pack joined us.. Two!" She wagged her tail softly, trying her best to make the story seem.. engaging and entertaining so he would listen! "One of them almost challenged me.. I might have taught the pup a thing or two.. but.. maybe I will.. when you get back to health.. and we go home.""

She glanced towards the den exit, her ears lifting to hear any sounds outside that she might hear. "Borden came back with me... I hope.. that perhaps when you're well again.. you'll have something of a pack to stay in.. to get into mischief with. You've got to get better, Raigo.. I'm sure there may be pups in the future.. some little ones for you to play with." Her tone was.. oddly hopeful.. despite the sick feeling in her stomach that he wouldn't get better.
user posted image
No Rank
Raigo Akreon
<i>T</i>antalizing memories flicker through the pup's mind, but he quickly dismissed them, refusing to fall back into the world of shadowy memories and indistinct shapes. This was Vlar. His family was dead and Vlar was the only one that he had. At that realization, a flash of shame burst through his chest, causing him to whine slightly and lower his head.

S<i>i</i>tting there, right next to Raigo, and talking about how she had found the herb, it was hard for Raigo to even believe that he had thought that Vlar would leave him. He felt horribly embarrassed and ashamed, but did not let that show as he swallowed the bitter tasting root. After a moment, he took off another bite from the root and made himself chew it, his ears flattening in disgust of this taste. When Vlar spoke of the wolf that had challenged her, Raigo's ear perked up slightly. He was already feeling better, even just due to the fact that he was not alone. However, when she said "<i>And we go home,</i>" Raigo's ears fell back flat. "Vlar, we don't have a home," he reminded her, swallowing his second small bit of the root.

He <i>p</i>itifully eyed the root, knowing that he had to eat the rest of the foul tasting thing. Vlar had pushed herself to her limits to get this for him so he was not about to let it go to waste. He reached out and took another bite and slowly began chewing. When she spoke of having "something of a pack," Raigo looked up at her. "Borden came here with you?" he asked, sniffing carefully for any sense of the male wolf. "We're going to have a pack?" His eyes widened slightly and he looked over to Vlar, not quite believing his ears.
test italics
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »