Google, Bing

Tell Momma I'm Leaving Tonight — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina
@Ash @Narime

Early Evening, February 7th, Light Snow, 9F/-19C

The sun had begun to sink into the horizon, casting the world in deep purple shadows that stretched out the figures they usually portrayed into long scrawny versions of themselves. A tawny form moved amongst these shadows, the coat of the she wolf stark against the snow. Since her meeting with Inali a light snow had began to fall, dusting the treetops with crystals and the temperature had dipped a few degrees though the weather was much nicer than it had been the past few weeks. It gave Minka hope that over the next few weeks the world would begin to thaw again and the prey would return to save them all from starvation. The alpha had spent her day in the meadow, uncharacteristically unproductive, trying to work through her emotions and plans. Her meeting with her friend had not gone as planned and every time the fae thought of it her heart panged at Inali's hesitation, so sure she had been that her friend would leave with her.

Now well within pack lands Minka halted, taking a moment to survey her surroundings, hoping against hope there would be sign of prey. It had become a habit, to constantly search for food without much conviction that there would be any. The caches stood bare and the pack was living meal to meal, the majority of their food going to the pups. Everyone had grown thin, learned to ignore the ache in their stomachs and move on with each day. The alpha had never seen a winter as bad as this and prayed that not every winter in the Wildwood would be as unforgiving as this one had proven to be. With a sigh the golden eyes stopped searching for tracks and the leathery nose gave up on finding a hint of prey. Realizing now that there was no longer time for any kind of procrastination she lifted her tawny head to the sky and called for Ash and Narimé. The alpha by her side, who loved another, who could never really commit to what she needed. The former alpha who had taken her in and help shape her into a leader, who grieved for a betrayer, a mother.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

No wind whispered through the quiet snow covered meadow today. No sound penetrated the hushed landscape as a single gray figure stood still staring out at the white expanse. Nature made this creature strong; strong enough to defy the cold season and the hunger that made its body thin. Instead the defiant soul stands only hoping to catch the scent of food nearby.

Hope was all she seemed to have nowadays. Hope and her own family to suffer starvation beside her.

Narimé had traveled to an area between the cavern's known entrances, along the edge of the willow forest, and the hush meadow. She dared not travel far in the state she was in. Only far enough to look for food and check on borders. The dangerous blizzards that had wrought chaos on the land this winter made traveling dangerous and Nari didn't want to go missing like her own mate and the few Willow Ridge allied wolves had become.

A sound finally echoed across the stark white field. @Minka 's call brought Nari's ears swiveling to the left to listen. Taking her thoughts away from the long time disappearance of Sloane, Narimé quickly lifted her head and called back.

"I'm here! I'm coming!" The call came strongly from her lips as Nari hoped the news was good. Maybe she's found fresh prey tracks? the gray wolf thought quietly while taking a deep breath and then starting forward. Twisting to turn in the snow before loping in Minka's direction, Nari tried to keep her hopes up for her pack mate. Winter had been rough, but with hope then perhaps they could hold out a little longer till spring comes.

Eventually Nari spots Minka's red coat and slows as her long legs take her nearer to the leader. Once close enough the silver hunter calls out to her friend. "What's the news? Prey? Danger?" She asked while pulling to a stop before Minka. Nari hadn't seen the woman up close for some time. The aura about the rusty gray wolf seemed to exude a certain something. The same something that Ash, Sloane, and Elettra had. It was the thing that Nari still couldn't figure out. Nari corrected herself before tipping her head and tail up. Since it was no longer her place to do such an action. Then glanced to Minka with a curious gaze wondering what was going on.

Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

He had been comforting himself with the presence of a tree. The alpha had once again reentered his period of grieving over his beloved Belladonna, the little girl he had viewed as his daughter, the girl that he had taught and played with for countless days on end. The man was lethal, and knew that nothing could have torn him away from his little angel unless it had been her own doing...and then it had. The Hervok had continued to lead though, as he did similarly now, and he took comfort in the fact that he was once again doing something for the good of the wolves within the pack. It was his duty to do what he could to maintain things within his pack and keep everything running. It was why when the song of his partner rang out through the snowy forest, that Ash drew his gaze away from the tree, his already slanted eyes narrowing in confusion. What was it that she could possibly want at this time?

Pushing away his slightly annoyance, the man rose from his position and slowly started making his way towards where the woman had called for him, making himself look like the powerful being he was by lifting himself up. Back in the mountains everyone had looked at him with fear, due to his overwhelming sense of power...except for his dear Namara, who seemed to like to challenge his authority on any chance she got, to which he chastised her and showed her who was rightfully the dominant wolf in their relationship. Eventually, the man gathered where Narimé already was as well as Minka. The dark man remained in the shadows of what was provided and listened to their second speak, her rapid flow of words causing Ash to close his eyes for a moment to refrain from receiving the aching in his head that he always seemed to so willingly get. When she was silent and waiting for Minka to reply he made his presence known. As he stalked forward his shoulders rolled, as if he were a predator, and his mossy green gaze fell on Minka, awaiting her answer as in to why she had called for the two Cavern wolves.

STOCK: WolfC-Stock @ DA - LucieG-Stock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de
Table by PuppyThief
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Much to the alpha's pride it was mere moments before Narimé's voice filled the air answering her call. The loyalty and dedication the wolves of the pack showed was exactly what Minka had grown to expect of her pack members and nothing less. It was something she would insist upon in her own pack, anybody who abandoned or betrayed them would be exiled. So when the silver form of her former alpha entered her vision a small grin played across the tawny features. She truly has missed Narimé, so long had the she wolf been unconsciously avoiding her, whether from respect so as to not step on any toes or selfishly she cared not to reflect upon. Ash didn't answer verbally but it was soon after Nari finished her sentence that the brute's scent filled Minka's nostrils alerting her that he was nearby if not visible. A bemused grin flickered once more across the woman's features at the quick words of her silver second, how she had missed the rushed speech.

It was then the rusted form of Ash crossed through the shadows and for a moment green eyes met gold. After a moment the eye contact was broken and Minka nodded her respect to her partner, acknowledging his presence. Glancing back and forth between the two the she wolf took a steady breath to clear her thoughts before speaking, "Fortunately no danger, and unfortunately no prey." She chose to answer Narimé's questions first and foremost letting a single moment pass before she launched into her actual explanation. The voice of the alpha was steady, it was a conversation she had run through her mind many times and as such knew exactly what she needed to say. "Since Narimé's return it has become clear to me that this will never truly be my pack to lead, it will always belong to you,", golden eyes looked to the silver wolf now, a bittersweet smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she did so. "But I am no longer content to be led instead of lead, so I am choosing to leave this spring, with Tokino by my side to found my own pack. I have asked Inali to join me, but she needs time before she can make her decision. We will be departing early or mid-breeding season, and hope to raise pups of our own over the coming year, but....this means that it will need to be decided between the two of you who shall breed and bring forth more pups of Whisper Caverns." Minka was silent now, letting her news soak in, hoping that neither of the two would begrudge her plans. With baited breath she waited for either to respond.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

After her question was voiced the scent of Ash rolled upon her sensitive nose. The only reaction she had to the males scent was a quick flick of her blue gaze around to locate the man. Her eyes dragged along his pelt watching the way he moved keenly. She still didn't trust him. If what @Elettra had said was true, that he had once attacked his own sister Nina, then it would take Narimé some time before she could trust the new alpha male. Even if Nina and Ash had quote on quote "...long made up..." At least for now he seemed respectable and fair considering the circumstances. So she dutifully kept her mouth shut and head lowered. Then the hunters blue orbs switched back to Minka as her trusted friend spoke.

She nodded as Minka stated that all was safe. However a slight sigh came from her lips as the rusted lead spoke of no prey being scented. Of course.. Why should I even get my hopes up anymore? Nari thought quietly hoping the news that Minka needed to tell Ash and herself wasn't bad news.

"Since Narimé's return it has become clear to me that this will never truly be my pack to lead, it will always belong to you," Minka's words surprised Nari. She had thought that Minka was doing a fine job leading the pack. Fine enough that the silver woman wasn't ready to try and take the lead away from her. Not when she herself had apparently fucked up her timing on a mission that brought nothing but shit to help her pack.

Her blue gaze glanced to the side seeing Minka's golden gaze watching her. She held that gaze for a time allowing the other woman to see the emotions playing across her orbs. Confusion for the moment kept her gaze lit up. Until Minka continued.

"But I am no longer content to be led instead of lead, so I am choosing to leave this spring, with Tokino by my side to found my own pack. I have asked Inali to join me, but she needs time before she can make her decision. We will be departing early or mid-breeding season, and hope to raise pups of our own over the coming year, but....this means that it will need to be decided between the two of you who shall breed and bring forth more pups of Whisper Caverns."

All the sudden more emotions could be seen in the womans' eyes as she narrowed her blue gaze. Understanding to the first comment about Minka and Tokino wanting to leave flitted past her eyes. It had been a bit awkward for some time as much as she was trying to adjust to the way things were now. Though it was harder when she didn't have someone always by her side to support her anymore. No Sloane, only her pups stood with her, but they were still young and couldn't understand fully what she was going through.

Tokino leaving really wasn't a surprise, but hearing that Minka had asked Inali made Nari feel betrayed. Her eyes flashed angrily as the silver wolf brought her gaze to the snow trying to think things through. Why Inali too? Uncle Kino is fine, Minka leaving is okay though I'll miss her. She deserves the same chance I was given to start a pack. Narimé turned her head away from Minka displeasure clear on her face.

"I understand why you want to leave, I did the same with Elettra from Willow Ridge asking her if I could try to have the family I wanted." She paused trying to sum up everything she wanted to say. "...and I know Tokino has been saying that he was leaving come spring ever since he joined so that I'm fine with." A low growl came to her throat now. "But why Inali? She has no reason to leave, a part from simply being with a friend. Why can't she stay with me and visit you once in a while?" She argued keeping the growl low in her voice. Nari could count, she knew that the pack would be extremely low on numbers if Minka, Tokino, and Inali decided to leave. That would not bode well for the survival of Titan, Malia, and Yuka let alone what pups might be born this warm season.

The last bit about deciding who would breed pups this coming spring was one of the last things on her mind at the moment. Nari would never let another male touch her unless she was beaten to a pulp before paw. She would not give her heart out to another male without knowing whether Sloane was alive or dead. God help the male who did try to mount her this spring. Even against her body's will Nari would fight the urge that had taken her so strongly last year.

(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2014, 11:54 PM by Narimé.)
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The alpha silently went to his partner's side, her mossy eyes flashing briefly towards Narimé before listening to what he had been called for. A small frown formed on his face when she spoke, his already slanted eyes narrowed in suspicion as she continued and Ash had to reel his anger in when he heard exactly what she was saying. Tearing away from her side, he went to stand beside the gray woman, his pelt bristling and body posture stiff when he processed her words once again. No only was she taking one of his members with her to her pack, with her willingly, but also asking around his pack for others that would be able to join her. Before he could voice his own thoughts on the matter, Nari spoke, and Ash listened patiently to what he had to say, pleased to hear that Tokino was already planning on leaving during the spring, but his mood considerably darkened when he was reminded that he had asked Inali, one of the few pack members he had actually come to enjoy spending time with, in a long awhile mind them, and he had no intentions of letting her leave, especially with Minka if she truly planned on trying to steal away their members.

He did the math in his head and realized quite quickly that he would not be best for them to loose any more members, especially members that had been there long before he had even joined. Appreciating the growl in Nari's voice, but instantly correcting her own mistake, he spoke, his tone darker...and much more sinister than it had been when he had first spoken to Nari about respecting Minka, as she had done well while the other woman had been away. How he knew he was going to regret those words now. His voice was gruff when he spoke, anger lacing each one of them, "Take her from us. While I appreciate you informing us of you plans, I will not have you creating your pack over what Whisper Caverns is currently built on. Tokino is alright...but Inali is not...and if you expect to become allies with my pack and for us to be on friendly terms at all you will not take any of Nari and my own members when you leave. Do I make myself clear?" Ash then moved himself up to full height to make himself look even more intimidating. It wasn't hard, considering who he was and the tone of voice he had just used. He was once king of the mountain, and now he was king of the caverns and he would be damned if he would allow that to be taken from Nari, or himself.

STOCK: WolfC-Stock @ DA - LucieG-Stock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de
Table by PuppyThief
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka's head tilted slightly to the right as she saw Narimé's gaze towards Ash when he entered the area. Was that distrust she saw lurking deep in those blue eyes or was she just imagining things? Before her imagination could run away with her the alpha decided to store the thought away in her head, she would talk to the silver second about it later if things went well. After saying her piece an eerie silence hung over the trio for a moment and the tawny woman could do nothing but watch the different emotions that played over the other two's features. Narimé's was alight with first curiosity, but then displeasure and anger, while Ash's started furious and stayed that way. Tawny hackles twitched along the she wolf's back as her muscles tensed at the way Ash positioned himself, though her eyes grew cold at his words. Narimé's anger she could deal with, she understood why she was angry but the brute's anger was dangerous, it seemed he would quickly try to overpower her and lead to physical violence.

Gold eyes locked defiantly with green and now Minka's hackles stood on end, her smaller frame stretched as large as possible, muscles rippling beneath her pelt. Through gritted teeth the she wolf hissed her answer, "Inali and I met when we were both loners, she is more than just my friend she is practically my sister, there is no one else I would rather have by my side. As for the rest of the pack I will call a meeting to tell them of my future departure. Should any of them chose of their own will without any prompting from myself that they would rather leave with me than stay with you they will not be turned away. Do I make myself clear? I am not trying to disband this pack or harm anyone in anyway, nobody will be pushed or threatened or pressured to leave with me, but I will not deny my family if they come looking for me." Minka knew her speech was bold and probably foolish, she had little experience when it came to fighting and she assumed Ash was skilled. Nevertheless she had grown a backbone since the summer and would not be pushed around, not when she was doing what she truly believed to be best for everyone, not just herself.

fate hasn't finished
MINKA LEIGH
with you yet
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2014, 03:31 PM by Minka.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Surprise lifted her features as Ash backed her. Though very notably asserting his claim on her pack in his words. She ignored this instead listening to the mans other words. When he moved to her side and heightened his appearance Nari stiffened but otherwise kept herself still. However to know that he had the same reaction she did to Minka's declaration made the silver wolf move him up on her invisible peg of liked and disliked wolves.

"Inali and I met when we were both loners, she is more than just my friend she is practically my sister, there is no one else I would rather have by my side. As for the rest of the pack I will call a meeting to tell them of my future departure. Should any of them chose of their own will without any prompting from myself that they would rather leave with me than stay with you they will not be turned away. Do I make myself clear? I am not trying to disband this pack or harm anyone in anyway, nobody will be pushed or threatened or pressured to leave with me, but I will not deny my family if they come looking for me."

Narimé let a whine slip out through her muzzle near the beginning of Minka's words. As the rusted woman spoke on this whine turned to a snarl.

"You do realize that every one of Whisper Caverns's members are like family to me too? You, Inali, Simaea, and even Kieth have been like my brother and sisters. I don't want to see any of you leave..." Narimé clawed at the snowy earth tense with an emotion she rarely felt. Anger. Sadness was there too because Nari knew Minka was right. Anyone who did want to leave with the rusted she wolf had their own right to.

Just imagining Minka and Inali leaving made her heart lurch.

It would be like losing her father all over again.

She couldn't feel that way again. That depression that had clung to the girl when she was younger had almost ruined her. However it would be worse this time. Worse because she knew they were alive and well, but choosing to leave her. That they could cut their loyalty to her so easily.

Turning to look at Ash, Nari glanced up to his smoldering green gaze. Would it be wise of me to declare a law that those who leave after that pack meeting are never to return? That if they do they are to be run out of the territory? Narimé wanted to ask Ash this, to use his older years to gain some knowledge on this subject. However her blue eyes closed and the young mother waited gathering herself for what might happen.

(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2014, 08:21 PM by Narimé.)