(See All?) Announcements
231 Users Online
Google, Bing

Come my minions! — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
He was resting in his den, allowing his mind to wander on topics that hardly mattered by means of letting go the current mess that he had stumbled upon. So many changes had taken place since his arrival that he could no longer keep up with the news, instead he had distanced himself from the others in an effort to come to focus his attention on other matters, such as gathering food, tracking and border patrol. It was a constant duty that he hardly mind to do, and it kept him busy enough to forget the turmoil when he was left alone with his own truths; slowly they began to eat away at him.

It was as he rested that he heard the howl of Hollow, it was a demanding howl to gather everyone for a meeting. Innocent enough, he assumed. Dismissing the wrinkle that formed along his maw from the beckoning howl from him he headed in the direction of the young leader, following a trail already traveled by previous members. In the midst of the scents he caught wind of Nina and his paws instantly stalled in their stride. He hadn't seen her since the spread of the news and similar to herself, he'd been avoiding her as if his life depending on it. He didn't want to face the reality of their end, he could stand at this meeting knowing that something was stirring between them, and he contemplated turning on his toes and heading back to the solitude of his den. Realizing his position in the pack he thought against it, he had to prove to himself and the others how loyal he was, and no amount of emotions would keep him from his obligations that he'd set forth for himself.

Coming into the clearing he nodded to those in attendance, half-heartedly to Nina and Hollow, before finding his spot farthest from the lingering members. He would accept the fact that his attendance was mandatory but he was not in the mood to play social--he was beginning to feel as if he could not trust anyone in the pack. Searching the faces, he sought out Danica and Ashton, two faces he had seen very little of since joining the Woodlands a month or so back. He wondered if his son would even recognize him, and if his daughter had any interest in building their relationship, he was always open to their needs, especially over his own. Focusing his attention on the event at hand, he turned toward Hollow, noticing the smile that graced Nina's face, it was the happiest he had seen her in a while and he was glad for that, but couldn't help wondering if she had ever truly felt happiness with him. Sighing deeply, for the past would remain in he past, he sought to find out what this meeting was about and felt his ears perk on his skull when the rest of the members filled it, awaiting the news.
(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2014, 01:44 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Allie who has 171 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mirren Tainn

Hollow's voice echoed starkly through the wintry landscape of the thicket, beckoning for them all and meeting his russet-stroked ears as the wind slipped between. A summoning? The boy perked up in attention. The one thing worse than such a lingeringly long and incredibly merciless winter was the lack of interaction he often suffered at his own hands; today was as good a day as any for a gathering. Any day was, really, when there was nothing to be hunted and when the snow fended off the majority of threats that loomed in the wilderness and near their borders. Departing from his current haunt, the pains of hunger dull in his stomach, Mirren took to a familiar path.

The sound of the gathering wasn't unlike the quiet buzzing of a hive of bees. Many were already in attendance, Nina included, the crowd composed of faces new and old. As aloof as he was, it wasn't so odd that the pack had grown during the winter months and since the last time he'd encountered more than one or two members in the same place at one time. Most did, inviting the fair-weather stragglers when the cold became biting and the nights grew long and dark. His amber eyes, bright and intelligent, cast over the faces and bodies he didn't know indifferently; only time would tell which would stay and which would leave when the snows began to melt. Slipping past the girl he knew as Frost, the young Tainn approached Nina and Hollow in an appropriate show of submission, reaching to issue the queen an affectionate nudge. Nodding his acknowledgment and respect to Hollow, the tawny pelted youth took a seat off to the side.

Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
PPing Ashton's entrance, will be reactivating and posting him this weekend at the latest
@Miccah, @Coal, @Anouke, @Kashikoi, @Mirren, @Koda, @Nina, @Iopah, @Aideen, @Frost, @Bane,
Hollow watched with pride as his pack assembled before him, and his partner came to his side, so much had changed. So much had become better, and so much had become worse. The dark male waited for his family to assemble, Ashton was the last to arrive, at least until Hollow grew impatient to start this meeting. One this important should have prompt arrivals, anyone who was late would deal with the consequences should he see fit that there would be consequences. When it finally seemed that everyone was settling, Hollow let his gaze cross the clearing landing finally on Koda. There was sorrow there, and regret for the way things had turned out for Koda. The dark male truly did feel bad for the Reinier but he would not change his path. Koda had wronged them and so Hollow could not truly trust him as a leader or a mate to Nina. But as a pack mate, Hollow trusted Koda's loyalty completely, that is if he stayed after spring. Or after this meeting.

"Secret Woodlands... it makes me proud after this past year to be able to say that name still. I am proud that we have survived the year, some packs have been scattered before they reach this milestone, but we are strong!" He nearly howled the last words, he was momentarily stunned by his own conviction and fire before he could press on. "Much has changed, I never would have thought one year ago that I would be here, leading you all. Head of the most loyal pack in the land! So I say to you all, my friends. My family, thank you for letting me lead you." His face turned to address Nina, his very best friend, and a beautiful she wolf. "And thank you Nina, for offering me a place here so long ago." He turned back to the gathered wolves yet again."Now down to business. I have scented two new packs over the winter, if anyone knows who they might be, please do not hesitate to tell. Also I am sad to say that Ashanti Aranna has gone missing in a fit, if anyone see's her, treat as though she were a pack mate, I do not believe she left in her right mind, as well I've not seen Danica in a few weeks so if anyone see's her please bring her home. Lastly everyone knows with the approach of spring comes breeding season. If Nina agrees, then I stand by the rules first set by her and Sloane Thorben last year, only the pack leaders may breed." Wondering if he left anything off the dark male looked to Nina.

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2014, 04:13 AM by Hollow.)
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Ooc: Sorry if I'm messing up the order, but I figured since no one has posted for so long, that it was alright;
Also sorry for length ^^;

Aideen Smoke

Other pack wolves continuously straggled in, their presence sprouting even feelings of anxiety and joyful pride in the young wolfess. Nina's firm glare made her breath catch, and she reacted promptly by turning her eyes down, shoulders and ears falling low in submission; as she glanced back up, she saw the alphess' gaze soften slightly and then turn to Bane, and Aideen relaxed as well; She's just worried about him... She was happy to see that the young man still had family left to help him through this tough time.

Then, when a large, buff male entered the clearing, her breathing stopped once more, heart beating rapidly in her chest as copper eyes trailed his handsome form coming towards her. A bright smile lit up her face, and when their eyes met she felt a pleasant heat rush through her cheeks. He smiled back at her and sat himself down beside her, wagging tail brushing against her own; the nudge of his shoulder making her sway slightly in her seat. She giggled lowly and turned to quickly lick his muzzle in response to the warm greeting, and then turned her attention back to the leaders who now both stood before them.

When Hollow spoke, his voice resonated deeply within the flame-pelted lass, her chest swelling with pack pride; This is my alpha! The thought and feeling was surprising, but not unsettling to her, rather it made her happy to feel this connection to her home; which was still so new. He spoke first of new packs forming in The Wildwood, this made Aideen's small ears perk, but she knew nothing of these wolves - at least as far as she was aware - so she sat back. Next the dark leader touched upon Ashanti's departure, and her posture shrunk in sorrow, pain only magnified at the mention of yet another disappearance; What a tragedy! She didn't know Danica, but any pack mate was important.

The final statement though, was what really connected with the young female. As Hollow mentioned breeding season, she instinctively looked over at the male by her side, feeling her stomach flutter, as always when she saw him. The, soon to be 3 years old, lassie had been feeling things stir within her over the past days, her growing affection for Coal sprouting deep desires in her body. The alpha male's words though, splintered the dreams she hadn't even known she had, and she felt a sting in her eyes. It was only fair, only reasonable - a pack could only support one, maybe two litters at the most; But still... She blinked and turned her eyes t Nina, a small, foolish hope in her heart, that the queen would belie her mate's words.

If not though... I'll survive...

Word Count: 462

Dawnthieves.de, Kiwiaa-Stock @ DA & ShawnaMac @ DA
Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
I am such a horrible person for making you guys wait so long ,_,

Padding slowly along the border – at a slow, stretched out trot to be precise – Anouke looked around, seeing nothing but a white thicket surrounding him; branches and bushes on either side – covered with snow, and sharp thorns littered everywhere that stung as he stepped on them. His pads were not used to them yet, and it would take a bit before he could walk freely without feeling any pain. Pain meant one was weak, and when one was weak, they were not fit to survive in the cruel world. Only those that were strong willed and minded could endure on without worrying about what lay ahead, or what happened in the past. Those that did, would have a hard time living life freely, and lucky for the Young Hellion, he could and would survive.

But what once was an uneventful border patrol – or at the moment, wandering around – a prevailing howl echoed through the thickets, calling for the wolves of Secret Woodlands. His ears pricked as he turned his bulky form around and started swiftly padding in the direction. It sounded far away, as he was at the edge of the territory, and he didn’t want to be late, but sometimes misfortune fell upon those that did not deserve it.

Breathing heavily, the Young Hellion slowed down to an almost complete stop just meters from the clearing, attempting to get his breath back before showing himself. He had gotten lost, stuck and confused as how to bypass the thicket many times, and he just knew he was late as a loud voice rang out, all the words easily heard. Shaking his head, Anouke neutralized his facial expression and stepped out of the thicket to where all the wolves were gathering, trying to make himself unseen by the others so they wouldn’t notice he was late to the meeting.

Passing by a lone silver and cream male that hung by the fringes, he himself stood on the outside of the wolves, not too far to be secluding himself, but not close enough that he was forced to mingle with them. He was not like the others, and when in large groups it was harder to use his charm and wit to bewitch wolves and gleam information from them. Sitting down, Anouke turned his full attention to the dark male who was currently speaking.

Anouke made an internal face as the male spoke of his past with the pack, leading them, being with friends and family and being able to join. Meetings were supposed to be about letting the others know what had happened recently, not recounting time with the pack. Though he supposed all other wolves did exactly that, being the welcoming and social wolves they were, ignorant to the forces that they could use to further themselves more efficiently.

Eyebrows raising infinitesimally at the mention of a wolf not right in the head missing, as well as a pup not seen for weeks. Packs were supposed to look after their members, especially the new generation, any wolf could do that, but apparently the pack had lower standards than the Young Hellion had first suspected. Though maybe if he found the child, he could attempt to get information about the pack from her. They were the easiest to fool.

What didn’t surprise him though was the announcement that only pack leaders could breed, which was the usual customary for packs. Good thing there was no one alive who touched his soul that way, if there ever would be. Glancing around at the other wolves to see their reactions, he saw a tiny, rust-coloured fae looking at a much larger copper, cream and grey male beside her, almost impulsively. Barely hiding a smirk, Anouke quickly returned his bright amber gaze to the two alphas, internally exultant at someone else’s misfortune, which for a change wasn’t caused by him.

646 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.
Played by Vami who has 183 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Bane
He seemed so very...popular. It was not at all something the youth had expected. Having successfully kept to himself most of the time during his life in this pack, he had only thought to keep to himself just the same during the pack meeting. Though as more and more wolves fluttered into the area, more and more would turn their attention down upon him. He was the lonely child, a single born pup of someone that had not been the Leader. Someone that was now gone, as absent now from his life as his father had been. Bane did not catch the warning that Nina fed Aideen by her sitting so close, for his attention was Aideen herself, wondering why she had come to him. His attention was only broken by Nina's touch, which he offered the weakest of smiles to. A man joined, sitting at Aideen's opposite side and soon, Bane was now joined by another female - Frost. Much of her was light, somewhat resembling his mother. Now Aideen sat to one side of him, whilst Frost on another. Suddenly, Bane felt quite crowded, though said nothing as he sat silently in his placement, eyes focusing on the Leading pair before him.

When the meeting is began it is Hollow who takes charge, granted he had called them here to begin with. It was different, knowing Nina and Koda had been Leaders before him, though it could only mean he was further becoming comfortable with his position as Lead. Bane smiles meekly, trying to hold as much pride as he could for this pack as Hollow did. Truth of the matter was, he didn't. He cared for Hollow and had clung to Nina's side in time of need, but time and time before he had ran away as though to escape these lands he was born within. It only reminded him of a lonliness growing up in his birth den. Of cold nights, a distant mother, no father and no other siblings to understand him and comfort him as he aged. This place was memories he would like to put behind him and with these thoughts, he sighs. Breeding season... The time again when he was created would arise again and Bane could only sit silently and hope another like him would not be forced into this world.
BANE Aranna
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

It surprisingly didn't take long for people to come straggling in. Some faces were new to him, others were a friendly face. As mostly everyone arrived, Hollow wasted no time in beginning. By the tone of his voice, you could tell the alpha was proud of his pack. And who wouldn't be? The Woodlands had not only become a respite from this horrid winter, but it had also become his home. But as Hollow continued, a soft pang hit his heart. That name hadn't been spoken in a while, but the pain hadn't taken him by surprise. He still missed her, for she had basically been his mate. Or, that's the path they were headed on. The Fates had given him too short a time with her, and he would be lying if he said he didn't still hold a faint hope that one day she would come back home. To him.

Through his inner monologue, he gave no outer expression of how he was really feeling. He didn't need pity nor did he want it. Keeping a neutral look as best he could, he made his attention turn once again to his alphas. Breeding season would soon be upon them, and the rule was set that only alphas could breed. When Nina gave her input, the rule would either be set in stone or cast away all together. Patiently awaiting the verdict, his tail swished softly behind him. Almost instinctively, his eyes moved across the terrain, where they were all currently gathered. It would be foolish for someone to attack them all at once, but one could never tell what was going on in a wolf's mind. Satisfied that nothing was out of the ordinary, at least not yet, Miccah eyed his leaders, intent on giving them his full attention.

"speech"
Played by Kashikoi who has 182 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
(apologies, forgot the order but I think it's my turn)

It would be a lie if Kashikoi had said that Their pack leader hadn't changed much from his old self. In fact, he was so different from what he used to be like that Kashi had a hard time believing him to ever of been ranked below him. For one he seemed much more in charge, he spoke like he didn't have a doubt in his mind that the pack would follow through with what he had to say. He had nailed the role down perfectly, he had found how to lead a pack and that bright a slight warmth to Kashi.

He brought his attention back to the pack announcements soon after the mention of the missing pack member and the pup who had also gone missing. Perhaps there was an herb that could help the runaway wolf's mindset, that is if they ever found them again or if the wolf ever came back. He glanced around at the new pack mates that surrounded him. Did he even know any of them? or were the two alpha's the only ones that he still knew? The mention of the breeding system rules was no surprise to him, he had lived by them his entire life and knew no other way, besides who would like to have pups with the runt from a pack. A glance at the two wolves next to each other who were contiguous made him wonder if perhaps they have been raised in a different pack where the rules and laws for a pack might of been different.
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
I'm not sure if it's my turn...sorry if it was and i held up the thread!

A few more members filed in until finally the space they occupied held most, if not all of the Secret Woodland members and Koda sent his attention to the leaders before him. Absentmindedly his thoughts wandered while Hollow talked, he found himself staring at Nina with wondering eyes, his mind racing a mile a minute on questions he would have liked to ask her in that moment; though he would remain silent. His gaze moved from her to the rest of the members a second time and he wondered just where his children were, why hadn't they attended the meeting, and would they eventually enter the scene with tucked tails and apologies before settling next to their mother.

A few seconds passed and yet there was no Ashton and no Danica, he felt his ears fall back on his skull when mention of their name snapped his attention back to Hollow, he hadn't heard what he'd said but he could tell by the male's tone that something was amiss. Having turned his full attention to the meeting he caught the end of the dark male's news and felt his insides lurch with disbelief, mixed emotions of anger and sadness welled within him as he digested the announcement that his leaders would be breeding. His heart beat loudly in his chest as his gaze went from that of Hollow to Nina and back, this went on a few moments before he exhaled the breath he was holding and lifted to all fours swiftly. He had met with the younger male a week prior and there was no mention that the two would be taking each other for breeding season, and Koda was definitely not going to pretend that he was happy for them. Taking the moment of brief silence to excuse himself, he ventured back in the direction in which he came, cursing both this ridiculous meeting and the wolves who had betrayed him by planning to breed when his mate ship with Nina was not officially over. He would not stand to be made a fool of by either of them, and this time it was them who would not have his blessing.

--Exit Koda--
(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2014, 03:21 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
Iopah was the picture of polite boredom. Respect to Hollow and Nina kept her still and patient. Her ears twitched occasionally, swiveling toward the border as though keeping tabs on it even from here. After greeting Hollow and Nina she had situated herself out of the way. There was a faint element of loneliness in her posture; She was not one to seek out company. Despite having lived here for over a year most of her packmates were unfamiliar. Her gold eyes lightly appraised each new approach, then pulled away as they settled next to a friend.

A small framed male entered and made to greet their leaders. Her eyes were almost sliding away when a quiet sound of surprise left her. She knew him! The brief glance cast her way did nothing to deter her certainty. He may not remember, but Iopah never forgot the day he -and Nina- had stopped her, turned her around and offered a home. @Kashikoi was the reason she was here today. Her eagerness at his appearance was overriding the politeness that usually held her in reserve. There was a lull as Hollow waited for a late-comer and Iopah found herself inching to him. Hesitant in case Kashikoi truly did not remember her. She edged closer to him by a few steps, tail whipping gently behind her.

Mid-step as Hollow began, Iopah quickly sank back down. She offered a quick smile before tilting her muzzle upwards to listen. The news was no surprise to her. From Sagacity she knew of the mere presence of another pack, but not it's name or location. She had nothing to offer that Hollow didn't already know. As for the absences... Iopah looked away. Feeling guilt at her inability to find Danica. Koda left quietly, and Iopah looked after him, anger mixing with her grief. She sighed heavily, then turned her attention back to the meeting.