(See All?) Announcements
706 Users Online
Bing, Finley, Google, Vanadis

The sky is calling, and the stars,
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

Date; March third. This fortnight the rains seem to have stopped.

Masked under the cover of night, she moved along the slush. Moonlight fell across her back, accompanied by thousands of stars, as an eerie chill crept up her spine. Alone in the dark, she felt a wild sense of danger, mingling with determination. Her destination was uncharted, but she liked it better this way. When she had stolen away from the den Lachesis had been asleep, but she wouldn't be long. Hopefully he wouldn't even know. The journey began on a whim, with sleeplessness clutching her throat. It was too hard to breathe in the den with the stale scent of Anastasia choking her.

Sunflower eyes barely caught the frozen pool buried beneath the heavy snow. It was enough to pique her interest, and pull her off course. It was beautiful, even covered in ice. She would have to remember to pay the small pond a visit when the weather would permit it to flow. Her pale form halted, staring into the frozen water. Tiny lights reflected in it's depths, forcing her eyes towards the sky. It was still there, her constellation. The twinkling stars did not age, as she did. They were everlasting, a permanent fixture among thousands of others. Yet, she was moons older. There would come a day when her paws were too weak to make the trek outside of the den. She would shrivel away with no one to remember her.

Death was an incredibly horrifying experience, yet there was something comforting in the unknown. There could only be so much suffering before her body finally gave in, and then it would be over. Her pain gone. Maybe then she would find Shade, and Ana. The light form of her mother would meet her on the journey towards the darkness. Would she be proud of her only daughter when that time came? The thought made her shiver.

A sigh left her lips, as sunflower eyes remained fixed on the bright lights. Another year had gone, and she was no longer a yearling. The creamy fae had quietly made the transition into the adult ranks without telling a soul. It wasn't a time for celebration, and besides, no one here knew the day of her birth. Even she had almost forgotten. It wasn't a special day, no one would surprise her with a frozen rabbit, or a half eaten bird. Life would continue on in the same monotonous way it always had. She wouldn't challenge for a higher rank, or go out of her way to do anything adventurous. 'This must be what growing older is all about.' Wonder was meant for cubs, and she was no longer a child.

A quick realization had her questioning whether this day would hold any significance, as it seemed the rain finally let up. Settling back on her haunches, she decided she might stay here until the sun would rise. As a private birthday present she would listen to the aubade. Only then would she return to the den she shared with Lachesis, and life would go on. However, she secretly wished that the water would stay away until darkness came again.

worlds are ruined this way, and we've all been there time and time again.
(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2014, 06:04 AM by Capella.)
[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
<3 Hope you don't mind this post appearing magically for Karp's Auntie Pella's birfday <3
everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Karpos had run, perhaps to scout out for prey like so many others had, or perhaps it was just to see his family once more. Either way, he had been sure to stay far away from the Cut Rock River borders despite the need to see them all. The Jasper Rocks were beautifully as the rain fell against them. The bad thing was that he officially hated snow. The good thing was that it was raining, not snowing. It was not the snow that had brought him there, it was not rain that had brought him there, it was the scent. It was her. Capella. His aunt wasn't on her pack lands and he could see her again like they had promised each other. "Auntie Pella?" He whispered quietly, the moonlight showing on the pups back as he grew to be almost an exact image of his father.

Yes, Karpos did look like his father as he was almost full grown then. He had found it a very relaxing thought to know that he would act and look like his father without breaking the rules that Hollowheart Keep laid down for him. But most importantly, he loved to see her again. The aunt who had cared for him when it was hardest for him to move on. She was there. Was he being delusional? Was he imagining her presence? "Auntie Pella. How are they all? How is Uncle Lachesis and Uncle Aeo? Has Mama Ana returned?" He asked remembering the sad day his uncle had told him about the fate of his mother. His head was tilted to the side as he thirsted for the knowledge of what was becoming of all of them.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

@Karpos - The best birthday surprise ever! <3

A whisper on the wind fell straight into her heart. Karpos' soft voice fell around her, as if the stars themselves had descended. She almost didn't turn around, for fear that it was all in her head. How could he find her out here, a million miles away from where she had last seen him? Golden eyes locked on to the silhouette of her nephew, and she could feel the prickling of tears behind her eyes. For once, she didn't even want to question her sanity. If this was a hallucination, then she would be happy to drink it up, and deal with the consequences later. After all, this was the best birthday present she'd ever received. "Karp?" The name already tasted foreign on her lips. She hadn't said it in far too long, fearing that if she did, she'd have to deal with the loss once again.

He was a perfect reflection of his father now, growing into his height, and filling out. It was hard to imagine that he was once so small. Taking a step forward, she took in his scent. Pitch Pine Trail no longer clung to his coat, as it had been masked by scents nameless to her. Of course he would know each perfume, and whom they belonged to. Surprisingly enough, she took comfort in this, hoping it was a sign that he was happy wherever that pack had taken him.

Then his voice danced across the air between them once more. Her heart broke with the realization that she would not be able to lie to him. Deciding to start with the easiest, she began, watching his face for a reaction. "I haven't been able to spend much time with Aeo, but I think he's doing well." His scent lined the camp, and borders. He was there, and safe. However, it wasn't Aeo that she feared for. "Lach.." It was too hard to speak of him, knowing full well how much the loss of Ana had effected him. "Some days are better than others." His recovery had to be taken a day at a time, there were nights when it was as if he was reliving it in his sleep, and with a constant reminder like that... A sigh left her lips. "Your mum, she's still out there somewhere." Subconsciously, her eyes found their way to the mountains separating east from west.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Karpos couldn't help but smile when he heard her speak. Oh how he missed all of the former Pitch Pine Trail so much! They were all his family no matter what and whatever happened to them would not change his opinions on them. He ran up to her and offered a small nuzzle of affection to his aunt as he listened to her. His uncle Aeolus seemed to be doing well despite her seeing him very little. His uncle Lachesis seemed to be doing not so well. A small frown and a small sigh. Karpos had remembered when he had first found out his mama had disappeared, the pain that had ripped through him as soon as the news had been delivered. He knew kinda.

He didn't know what his uncle was going through, not even the slightest bit. There was one thing he did know though, his uncle had been loyal to Ana before she disappeared and he loved her very much. They were as close as him and Adsila had been. It hurt, those thoughts. Had been. He only hoped that she would forgive him for what he had done. He took a small gulp, closing his eyes and feeling his Aunt's warm fur. "I've missed you all. Especially you and uncle Lachesis." He said with an almost sadness. He had been down in the southern region to not only visit them, but to find the fae who had stolen his heart. He didn't want to admit it, but the feelings were starting to grow stronger.

He wasn't even sure if Aponi was interested in him. However, this would do nothing to prevent him from finding her and Mercy. What if the both of them had gotten lost somewhere? What if they were separated and both of them were dead? No.... He had to shake those thoughts from his mind because he could not bear anymore pain. "Auntie, have you seen two pups around named Aponi and Mercy? They went missing after the giant hunt with all the packs where the prey ran away. I'm really worried about her... I mean them." He asked his aunt with all seriousness as he felt the cool air on his back. He was happy for the rains to have stopped.

(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2014, 08:25 PM by Karpos.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

She did not miss the light smile forming on his lips as she spoke. Her nephew was almost fully grown now, able to be mistaken for an adult. Where had the time gone? It was a loaded question, one not meant to be explored now. After all, Karpos was here, and she wanted to make the most of their time.

"We've missed you too Karp." It wasn't the same without a dark pair of cubs running around the boarders, but the pair aspect was yet another topic that need not be explored. Had he even seen his sister since the fall of Pitch Pine?

Confusion creased her brows as she thought back. Of course there was nothing to speak on. She rarely left the borders anymore, stowed away in the den with Lach more often than not. "I'm afraid I haven't, but I will keep an eye out." Then she realized his mistake. Her. So there was a lady out there that he was worried over? A gentle smile crept it's way onto her lips. "Is she important to you?" This girl must have been the reason he'd chosen the pack on the mountain. It warmed her heart to know that somehow in this messed up world, he might have found a small bit of happiness.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
valar dohaeris.
karpos slayer
all men must serve.

His eyes held a soft light in them as he learned they had all been missing him too. He was happy that his blood family, or 'blood' family since they were not technically related by blood, still cared for him despite of the disputes between his pack and theirs. They needed to have a reunion with all of them sometime... but it wouldn't be the same without her.... Adsila. He was a bit downtrodden to hear that Aponi and Mercy hadn't been seen by his beloved aunt. She asked a question and it only made Karpos realize how well his family knew him. Is she important to you? The voice was calming almost, oh how he had missed every single one of them. He took a deep and relaxing breathe as he let a smile grace his muzzle.

"She is very important to me." He whispered as he thought about it all.

Should he tell Capella the full story of how he even met her? No, only if she asked. She had been that silver lining that came with the fall of his father and inevitably Pitch Pine Trail. Karpos just remembered when he had first laid eyes on her. She had been beautiful, independent and his age. He even remembered the first words that she had said to him. "Could be both you know, I'm here....but you could still be crazy." He'd been hearing strange noises and thought that it was a wolf. He had been somewhat right, there was a beautiful fae there but she was not the source of the noise. His words had been a little less graceful and sweet. "If I'm not crazy, and some wolf is out there, show yourself to the prince." So often did he regret those words.

Aponi Aquila, princess and heir to Hollowheart Keep. Former princess and heir to Nomad's Pass. Am I really worthy to even be friends with her? He wondered as his mind drew him back from reality. "Auntie Pella... I think I love her." He said under his breathe but loud enough for her to hear. He looked at his Aunt and waited for a reaction to what he had just informed her of.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

Her features softened against the moonlight. Shadows played off of them both, and for an instant they were in the Fen once more. Everything was right, and nothing was broken. In a different time, that could have been true, but no more. They were all separated now, Ace, Adsila, Ana, everyone. Their well being unknown to her. They might all hate her, and for what it was worth, she probably hated herself.

The light tones of her nephew brought the fae back into reality. Here where they were divided by opposing packs, but she didn't care. To hell with all of them if they thought family ties were no more important than those to your pack. If Maksim were to disapprove, than she would take his wrath. His admission had been unexpected, as the seriousness of it all dripped from his tongue. What must it be like to find love? To know with all your heart and soul that you've found the one. Even through so much heartache, it seemed Karpos truly had found a reason. A purpose to live in a dying world, to go on regardless of their losses. "If you love her, truly, and she feels the same, then you will find her Karp; And when you do, promise me you'll never let her go." For it would be harder than anything else. Somehow she knew that it would break him, if he never saw her face again. She couldn't bare to think on it though, her nephew holed up in the den for weeks, years even. Mourning the loss of the one most important to him. Just like Lachesis. There was no panacea for a broken heart.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
valar dohaeris.
karpos slayer
all men must serve.

Karpos held onto his goofish grin that he had put on his face when he started to talk about Aponi. His eyes had a soft and calm gaze as he listened to Capella's words of wisdom. "If you love her, truly, and she feels the same, then you will find her Karp; And when you do, promise me you'll never let her go." It was then that he knew he could find her. He took a deep breathe as spoke after thinking about what there was to say for some time. "I could never let her go Auntie Pella. Never." Letting her go would diminish him to nothing. He had let her go once and now she was missing. He had to find her and protect her. If not as a friend, or a 'boyfriend', then as a protector. Karpos would protect her as part of her queens guard or just as a Guardian of Hollowheart Keep.

He would always love her even if she did not love him.

You only know you love her when you let her go. He could not bear to be apart from her because he did not know that she was okay. It was then that he realized something strange. "Auntie Pella, what are you doing out here though? Off of pack lands I mean?" He asked out of sheer curiosity. He didn't know if she was a scout or not but off pack lands could be a dangerous thing. not like he was one to talk, after all he was far from home. He was much farther than Capella was but he had a very important reason to be. Of course Capella was a grown woman. That did not matter to Karpos, the boy was shaping to be a guardian and even his personality was starting to conform. He had become more protective over the ones that he loved.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

Only time would tell what was in store for the young pair, but Capella had a pretty good feeling that whatever it may be, Karpos was there for the ride. "Good." With a soft thud her haunches settled on the ground beneath them.

Only after he had spoken did she remember the significance of this day; Or insignificance rather. Why was she so far from home? Karpos clearly had motive for being out of his den on this night, but she didn't. The world was a dangerous place, even more so when one left their borders. Pack lands were almost always the safest place to be, yet here she was, out in the open. How could she begin to tell Karpos that the den was stuffy, full to the brim with memories of his mother. The very air in there was enough to suffocate you, and she just had to get away. Lachesis had been particularly finicky that night as well, pushing her away as he had so many times before. It wasn't his fault, nor did she blame him, but it was nice to get away. The atmosphere out here was nicer, it cleared her head allowing the gears in her mind to turn once more.

"I..." She began, unsure at first. Worrying her nephew wouldn't do any good. "I was born on this day, exactly two years ago." Finishing lamely, she allowed her gaze to peer through the trees toward the night sky. Capella was still shining, brighter than ever. Still, the pale fae owed him an explanation. He was no longer the tiny cub that had frolicked around the birthing den, but almost an adult. "Sometimes, the den isn't the nicest place to be."

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Short post, wanna fade with your next post?
valar dohaeris.
karpos slayer
all men must serve.

How was it possible that Capella didn't tell him when her birthday was? Karpos frowned. Had he just forgotten about it or had she honestly never told him? He wasn't around for her first birthday so it could have been either. He ran up to her and gave her a wolf version of a hug and gave her a big happy birthday! "HAPPY BIRFDAY AUNTIE PELLA!" The chocolate prince felt bad that he didn't know about it. "Birfday's are best spent with family Auntie. I'm so very happy I found you!" He said with a giant smile present on his muzzle. He would have felt terrible if he had found out that Capella spent the night of her second birthday alone with no one to hang out with.

"Wanna go on a walk?" He asked. The little boy had grown up since Capella last saw him. He was almost fully grown and much larger compared to when he was first born. Capella was one of two wolves in his life that were significant figures to still be there for him. Her and Lach had watched him grow and they also provided him with all the wisdom and knowledge he had needed. He swore he was about to cry but he kept it in. Perhaps she wouldn't realize why Karpos was crying which is why he held it back. He learned nothing in his time in Nomad's Pass and than Hollowheart Keep if it hadn't been the art of self control.