(See All?) Announcements
733 Users Online
Google, Bing

we are pilots — Luna Hill 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 140 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
This new place was so strange to her. But that was only to be expected. It was new. And she'd hardly left this berry and cherry-infested place for fear of what lay beyond the pretty trees and bushes. She was sure that the other wolves that lived in this place were kind, but Pangur was trying to convince her otherwise. But how was she to make friends if she wasn't allowed to find others like herself? She couldn't keep company with a cat for the rest of her life! Well, it wasn't as if she could just get rid of Pangur Bán. The cat would follow her where he pleased, then disappear if he wanted to.

But since she'd gotten here, well...He hadn't left her side. It was frustrating. At least there was snow on the ground. It wasn't all that different from her old home. She liked that. She'd only have to get used to the ones that lived her, rather than get used to a whole new landscape. As the sun rose over the trees, Aisling sat up from her slumber, muzzle crinkling as her nose wriggled. Her fore limbs stretched out and she gaped out a yawn. Pangur had left her to herself this morning, though she wasn't necessarily thankful. She loved her friend. She hoped she hadn't angered him. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
Raigo was gaining strength as she herself was.. and it showed with the distances the white female chose to travel. She wasn't hunting today.. simply exploring and getting to know the land she lived in better. She found herself bounding through the deep snow with a rather puppy-like enjoyment. When she stopped to think about such things, she was only just turned three winters so she was technically still a pup. Caring for Raigo had taken much of the innocence the female had - but she wouldn't change it for the world.. She loved him with everything she had.

Her heels kicked up the moment her two front feet landed in the snow before she did a half jump to plant her hind legs nearly on top of her first set of pawprints. Her tail wagged like a white flag behind her and above her, the tight curl bringing it into almost nothing but a bob. The female stopped suddenly, her head up, ears forward and all sense of play suddenly just..gone. Vlarindara listened, her eyes and ears straining to hear what it was that hat startled her. When she didn't hear it again, she was returned to the bounding, playing thing that was cavorting through the snow.

She was quite pleased and making quite the mess in her wake, snow flying everywhere. Deep, haphazard tracks in the snow behind her without real direction. She was nearly on top of Aisling before the other wolf rose from her slumber. The white on white had been hard to miss - what if she'd been a wolf wanting to cause her harm!? Vlarindara yelped in a rather...high pitched and startled tone as her cavorting brought her back a few steps - enough to stay farther from the female. A few weeks ago... she would have snarled and snapped - but much of that was rooted in her ill health. She still wasn't.. completely back to her required weight, but she had filled out and looked less gaunt.. less starved. Her fur had enough that it could grow and take more from her than she required to survive. It gleamed where it lay over her flanks, and stood out in a rather...untamed puff of white around her neck and shoulders. It made her appear larger than her real form.. but she didn't mind that.

Instead of snapping or snarling at the female, Vlarindara let her large ears slide forwards curiously before they slid backwards to rest over her ruff. "Sorry..if I startled you.." There was a hint of suspicion, and told that she wasn't... completely over her issues with other wolves, but she was trying!
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
She'd spotted the white female easily. While the wolf herself wasn't necessarily visible all the flying snow definitely was. Aisling stared in mild fear for a few moments, as the snow storm got gradually closer and closer to her, until the wolf seemed to notice her as well. Aisling let out a squeak when the wolf stopped, and they stared at each other for a moment. Well, Aisling stared, then suddenly looked around herself, mentally begging for Pangur to show up.

<b style="color:#388d10">"I-I-It's okay." She looked back at the larger wolf, eyes wide, fearful obviously. <b style="color:#388d10">"You looked like a snow storm." The small girl said rather absently, and giggled a little bit. Despite her mild fear towards this wolf, perhaps she knew where her friend was! <b style="color:#388d10">"Have you seen a cat?" Aisling suddenly perked up, taking a bouncy step towards the stranger.<b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
"You've nothing to fear from me...I've no territory of my own, and if I did.. you are not on it.. so I see no reason to try to chase you off." Her tone was matter of fact, but she settled into the snow at their feet, back onto her haunches first, and then lowering herself to her stomach. She relaxed much like a sphinx would, but kept her ears and eyes alert for danger of any sort. "A snowstorm? Well I hadn't meant to appear to be something so terrifying... " It was hard to tell if she was joking, but at the mention of a cat, her right ear flipped backwards over her neck, the left towards the wolf.

"A cat? No, I can't say that I've seen something of the like.. though why a cat would be running about in a valley of wolves..." She shook her head, but returned to looking around, her expression watchful - serene. It seemed she had calmed down since her little escapade in the snow and didn't seem to mind speaking to this female. Odd...if she thought about it. Weeks ago she would have tried to run.. or warn the female away from her.. and now she was sitting down to have a chat. Not.. unheard off.. but certainly not normal. Perhaps it would be now.. abnd she wasn't exactly sure how she felt about that.. particular development.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
<b style="color:#388d10">"Scary? Nonsense." Aisling giggled again, this time with less nervousness than before. This wolf seemed kind enough. So, despite Pangur Ban's absence, what did she have to fear? <b style="color:#388d10">"Snow is fun! Even the storms aren't that scary." The creme girl traced a paw in the snow, and looked up at the white wolf, a spreading grin on her muzzle. <b style="color:#388d10">"You looked like you were having fun!" Aisling's tail beat against the snow, sending it up in little puffs.

For those moments, Aisling was risible, but the moment this wolf told her that she hadn't seen a cat, Aisling was crushed. <b style="color:#388d10">"He's my friend! We had a fight...I hope he didn't run far." Her ears drooped, and her grin faded off. Her muzzle crinkled as she snuffled, brows furrowing with sadness. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara
The reaction of the female almost drew a whine from Vlarindara, but she lifted her head and watched the area around them, looking for a...cat. "I'm sure he hasn't gotten far.. I would be happy to help you look for him.." Her tail gave a light wag as she returned her attention to the female standing before her... she was beginning to see more and more white wolves - interesting. "What did he look like? Did he like to stay in trees... out of the snow.. near water?" The female moved in a slight circle, her nose to the ground as she tried to scent any smell aside from this.. new wolfs.

"I haven't introduced myself... Vlarindara...." She dipped her nose in a greeting, smiling softly at the female before returning her nose to the snow and her circles. "Where were you when you two had the fight? We may be able to follow his smell if we go where it started..." A cat alone in a den of wolves.. what an unfortunate being - but she refused to say such things.. she'd seen more unlikely things.. like her own survival, or Raigos.
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
This wolf had so many questions! Aisling wasn't sure she'd be able to answer all of them, but she really wanted to help Pangur, so she had to answer all of them! <b style="color:#388d10">"Well, um...Vlarindara, I'm Aisling, and um..." She tried to keep up with all the questions, while also watching the wolf move around in circles. <b style="color:#388d10">"He likes to go wherever I go...And um...He's kinda brown, with some white stripes, and yellow-y eyes. And his ears are pointy with fluffy at the top!" She bounced suddenly, recalling what he looked like, even though it hadn't been that long since she'd seen him last.

<b style="color:#388d10">"Well, I haven't left this hill since I've arrived." She nodded slowly, recalling the last forty-eight hours. <b style="color:#388d10">"I dunno if you'll be able to find him though," She admitted. <b style="color:#388d10">"He's protective of me, but he doesn't like other wolves much. I don't think he'll show up unless something goes wrong." She giggled, and looked past the other white wolf, wondering if she'd see him in the distance, prowling in the cherry trees. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Short post is short. ._.

Vlarindara chuckled, settling back on her haunches when the other female said that he probably wouldn't show up unless there was something wrong. She didn't want to... irritate the feline that might or might not be running about. "I see.. Well perhaps it's best that I don't move about too much, eh? How did you come into contact with such a thing?" Odd that a wolf would be traveling with a cat.. of course, Vlarindara's mind had supplied some kind of Cat-a-mount, or fantastical creature that wouldn't instantly be afraid of a wolf since she couldn't eat it. In her mind... smaller felines never existed - at least she'd yet to see any that weren't kittens of a much larger feline.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
Aisling giggled, embarrassed that she may have accidentally led the female to do something that Aisling hadn't quite meant. It wasn't that she wanted to get hurt, or she wanted Vlarindara to get hurt or she wanted Pangur to hurt anyone! No, the girl was just being honest when she told Vlarindara that Pangur was usually looking out for her and would come to her aid if something bad were to happen.

<b style="color:#388d10">"A thing? That's not very nice. Pangur isn't a thing." Aisling shook her head. <b style="color:#388d10">"I've known him since I was a pup. He left, but then he came back again!"

Again, she laughed, happy to know that Pangur had come back to her that time, or else she wasn't sure where she would even be now. Or how! A second later, Aisling froze, suddenly alert, glancing around. I leave for a few hours, and you nearly get eaten. Typical. The familiar voice sudden rang out in her mind, however sarcastic it was, Aisling didn't seem to notice. <b style="color:#388d10">"Pangur!" The girl cheer, spinning around towards the tree that he'd been resting in before. And there he was again, resting on the lower branches where he could be seen. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

Pangur was the things name, eh? Interesting.. When she turned shouting the name of the thing, Vlarindara arched a brow as she searched the trees and snows around them where the other female saw it. Unfortunately she saw nothing and cocked an ear, confused now.. at the females reaction and how she ...interacted with the thing. Her head lifted as she scented the air around them, trying to locate the feline by his smell..Odd...the female thought.. that this wolf would react so strongly to something she couldn't find...perhaps he was crouched in the brush at her feet?

(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2011, 11:22 PM by Vlarindara.)
user posted image