469 Users Online
Google, Bing, Isla, Chan, Archer

Coming Down The Mountain — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
@Chantille

4/4 It smelled like a deer herd was nearby.. but now there are no traces of them - Clear, 19° F/-7° C

A snow storm had erupted on his way down, forcing him to seek shelter and spend several nights in the mountains; That's what you get for attempting this ridiculous endeavor so early in the year! Today the sky was clear once more, and the dark man could continue his exploration, starting with making it down the mountainside; which he had just finished successfully.

He was resting for a little while when the sudden, unmistakable scent of prey filled his nostrils; DEER! Having not eaten since he left Oak Tree Bend, the black lad was more than eager to follow the trail - despite his fatigue from the hike over the ridge - and hungry enough to attempt slaying a deer on his own. With a powerful push of his hind legs, he set after the herd, trees became more and more plentiful, as he made the transition from mountain land into the wildwood, the forest buzzing with life here in the heart of spring. Weaving in and out between the trees, Drestig kept his nose to the ground, every breath filling it with the alluring scent of food. His teeth were already dripping with saliva, he had the taste of blood on his tongue; and it was gone. WHAT?!

The ebony boy stopped dead in his tracks, head jerking up in surprise; Where did it go?! One moment he had had the trail right under his snout, and the next it was gone. Growling in dismay, he turned around, nose once more to the ground as he searched for the trail, slowly backtracking through the forest. He sought long amongst the dead leaves and sprouting plants, snarling lowly every time he had to take another step back in the direction he had come; but in the end, he finally had to give up. There was no sign of the deer anywhere. With a heavy, rumbling sigh, Drestig let himself drop to the forest floor, his body landing in the leaves with an audible thud; Ghost deer? Some wolf-hating deity must be laughing his ass of right now!

Word count: 347

My mind is my own ”I'll say whatever I want to!”

pride12
Played by Bridget who has 139 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis

The lovely lady was out and about. She had come close to the mountains and observed in silence that they were indeed now passable. Chant huffs slightly before she turns her back upon the mountains. Her life used to be there, but now it was in the forest. That is where she had always wanted to thrive. After she turns her back, she begins threading through the trees surrounding her. The woman weaves with ease; the mountains in which she used to live upon trained her well. Her body had become adapted to sudden movement, whether that was braking or accelerating her speed. Her eyes narrow as the sound of flowing water enters her ears. With a rush of anxiety passing over her aerodynamic form, Chantille keeps her eyes keen.

The sparkling that coruscated from the water kept her body moving forward. After only a few scarce minutes, she arrived at the falls. The water spilled down, though there were still small patches of ice that blocked it here and there. Chantille lifted her head ad observed the tumbling of the water, a complacent and serene look upon her face. Quietly she lowers her head down to the water, muzzle parting as her tongue slips out and reaches the water. It was freezing cold, but she lapped continuously until she was satisfied.

Picking up her head now, she looks around as if she had heard something. The woman tilts her head, left ear twitching as she hears a thud coming from the trees. Peering in the direction, Chantille gingerly steps toward where the sound had come from. What if it's deer? Oh, that would be grand... She squints as she attempts to see through the trees. Nothing. As she creeps forward with her body lowered, the scent of deer tickles her nose. A jolt of adrenaline begs to kick her hunting instincts into her as she keeps heading toward the sound of crushing leaves. As soon as she comes within yards of the wolf, the scent vanishes. Chantille pauses and reels her head back in confusion. She stands before shaking out her coat and sighing "What? Deary me..."

"speech"

Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon
Ooc: I am sooo sosososo sorry for the wait on this, I'm terrible :(
Edit: @Chantille - just thought I should tag because this was SO late.

His head rested heavily against last year's dry leaves, eyes closed, huffing breaths hastily entering and leaving his muscular frame. He had his ears lowered, sagging in dismay at the lost - or rather never existing - prey. Still, the twitched at the sound of paws in the leaves, close by. For one, fickle moment, he thought it was the ghost deer, reappearing just like they'd disappeared, moments before; but reality struck quickly, his sharp ears telling him that these steps were indeed paws on the forest floor, carrying a wolf - most likely. With a grunting sigh, the dark man shifted on the ground, pulling his legs underneath him, rather than lying on the side, ready to get back up quickly.

Soon, the white fur could be seen between the trees, swiftly moving towards him. It was indeed a wolf, a bit smaller than himself, the scent carried to him on the faint breeze revealing that she was female; and a pack wolf. Drestig was already pushing to his feet when she stopped before him, shaking herself and sighing; high, clinging voice speaking a string of non committing words. Standing up, the black boy quickly scanned the surroundings, breathing deeply to assure that the rest of her pack was not nearby - he was definitely on neutral land, but it their borders were close, they might be defensive - but the air held no other scent than that of the two wolves and their packs; and water, somewhere nearby. Suddenly he felt very thirsty.

Laying his eyes on the stranger, he took a moment more, to study her, noting her elegant, cream colored pelt - well groomed, despite the season. He was shedding himself, not looking overly shaggy, but with a few tufts of loose fur hanging from his pelt. It didn't bother him much, his charm was far beyond looks. A sudden smile cracked his dark lips, teeth glimmering non-threateningly. Finally seeking to meet the strangers eyes, he spoke in a smooth, friendly tone; "Greetings. Not what you expected?" He cocked his head, grinning mischievously; clearly this wolfess had hunted something - maybe the deer he himself had smelled - but she had come across him instead; And I won't make her regret it! He thought it delightedly, truly happy to have company, despite the, less than favorable, outcome of his last encounter.

Word count: 395

My mind is my own ”I'll say whatever I want to!”

(This post was last modified: May 03, 2014, 09:27 PM by Drestig.)