(See All?) Announcements
482 Users Online
Bing, Google

blurred lines — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
For @Elettra! This is AW as well, but it would be awesome if Lady Elettra can join :D

With winter well on its way out, Koda found himself thinking a lot of those that had disappeared as well as the woman he'd left behind some time back; she'd been running through his mind for days. He couldn't help wondering what had happened to their relationship since joining the Woodlands and whether the two were still on friendly terms even after having explained to her the reason for his departure. It had occurred to him that maybe leaving Willow Ridge hadn't been the wisest of choices.

He loved Nina, probably would until someone came to replace what she meant to him but the male had not been looking and probably wouldn't until well into the next winter, he only hoped then that his broken heart could be mended enough to love again; the idea almost made him scoff. He had been hurt, badly, and he wanted a release from the chaos of Secret Woodlands, after having noticed the disappearing snow he sought to visit his old friends with hopes of hearing some good news with winter nearly at its close. Perhaps the woman who had given him so much trust and love would be so welcoming to him a second time over; he desperately needed it, though would not grow angry if she could not provide it, winter had been harsh for everyone.

When he was well into Drooping Willows, after having traveled two days from Northern Eden into the South, he allowed his senses to lead him toward the familiar scent of the Willow Ridge border and settled into a much needed sit once he was upon it. He was tired, looked worse than he probably felt, but the distance had been worth it if it meant finally seeing the woman who had welcomed into the Lore in the first place; if she hadn't disappeared as well. With a final push of strength he lifted his head and howled into the wind, his tail brushing behind him softly as he called for Elettra--oh how he hoped she was still around.
(This post was last modified: Apr 04, 2014, 05:12 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The next generation of Willow Ridge pups would come. It was obvious now by the slight swelling in her belly as she approached five weeks into pregnancy, already to the half way point until birthing. She did not have long, a month, maybe less, in order to hold her own privacy. Soon she would be trapped within the confines of the Infirmary once more, nestled under the ground inside the pack's den. This time, however, she would not struggle between keeping command over her subordinates, tend for herself, care for her children and keep up a decent about of herbal supplies as the pack's only medic. This time she had @Adelaide to help her with storing herbs and get her what she needed on ill days. This time she had @Angier to keep everyone in line as pack Leader at her side. This time Skana.... her throat tightened, her breath catching. Skana was gone. Elettra still found herself having a hard time coping with this, knowing the woman had not only done well for the pack, but well for her children in general. The pups within her would never be raised to know the elder's knowledge and she sighed deeply now to the thought. The pack's members had changed. Those she most trusted dead or gone. Other then Angier, @Guiness was the only remaining elder member and even he now had become scarce to her.

The whine held at her tongue and she found herself shaking her head as though to shake out the weakening emotions which she felt. From angry, to sad, to sick, she was everything a pregnant woman could and would become. Now, she was hungry. Hungry to the point where she found herself scouting for food beyond territory lines and into the open Drooping Willows. She'd find a meal for herself, hunt it, and kill it. There would be a since of pride and victory in this, taking advantage before she became too fat and useless.

The call of Koda, to put lightly, startled her. A way of worry and excitement both stirred her. Nina said he had gone, went 'soul searching' or something to that affect. Had he come to say he had returned? Had something happened? Visits usually came with ill news and so she expected it, though as she made her way she could not help her happiness to see her ex-partner once more. Her tail waved wild behind her, a smirk upon her expression as she padded towards him. "You remember me then?" She comments, finding herself settling down before him with a heavy plop.
(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2014, 10:26 PM by Elettra.)
Played by Lightning who has 136 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Guiness Thorben
*pops in*

For the past recent months pack life had been hard on Guiness. Eventually, he had found himself isolating himself from his pack mates and only sticking to the shadows to observe Elettra when he was sure she needed it. Once again, she was with children and he knew that he would be tried to teach them and help them grow up, only this time, Guiness was looking forward to their father figure staying within the pack when they were born. Constantly he was trying to remind himself that he would not have to be the male lead anymore and that he had willingly given Angier the position. So far, the man had not showed Guiness any reason as to why he would have been incapable of leaving, but then, Guiness truly hadn't spoken to his lady about her new mate and hadn't pursued the conversation. The Thorben was confident enough in El to know that if push would come to shove she would tell him....or take care of the situation herself.

It would not go unnoticed by him when an unfamiliar call echoed throughout the lands of Willow Ridge, summoning his alpha. Pursing his lips in uncertainty, the Guardian eventually changed his course of path towards where the call had originated from. As much as he trusted the Archer to take care of herself, Guiness wouldn't deny her his attention and protection, it was, after all, his job. His limbs were powerful and pushed forward confidently, his golden amber eyes glowing dimly. Guiness had suffered a hard hit during the winter when Skana had passed. She had been a wolf that the man had gladly befriended and he had failed in seeing to her needs during the winter when Guiness knew she had needed it the most. It infuriated him to no end, but he knew he had to accept the bitter truth of it all. It didn't matter now though, he had a duty to perform. Even though he didn't step out of the shadows, he allowed the brush around him to rustle so that his queen and this male, who seemed to be someone he actually did know, have knowledge of his presence.
(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2014, 05:08 AM by Guiness.)
Pillar of Strength
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Sorry for the hold up
His wait would not be long. No sooner did his call end did his green-speckled eyes cast themselves on the salt and pepper form of Elettra, and as she grew nearer he felt the speed of his wagging tail increase significantly before he settled to his haunches in an attempt to quell his emotions. He had missed her dearly, her welcoming smile felt like the sun on a rainy day, it was perhaps the first he had seen since Winter's arrival and he appreciated it as he approached her just close enough to nudge her shoulder with his wet nose. "I couldn't dare forget," he admitted, noting how well his memory had become since returning, it had been a miracle in itself that his amnesia had disappeared but he was not aware for how long; for the time being he would appreciate the sparse amount he could remember. "so much has changed but I am glad that you have not Elettra. Please tell me winter has not been too harsh on you..."

He knew that she could not promise it, but good news was becoming too few and far between, he only wished for some silver lining in the death trap that had fallen onto them, little did he know that the aging woman had been thrown her own batch of bad luck. Death was a constant reminder that no one was immune to the harsh reality of the winter season; it just so happened that the old friends had dodged it, this year.

He took notice of the soft rustle in the area, having smelled the presence of another in the wind but his attention would not waver in the direction of Guiness, the stranger was apparently of no threat if they preferred lingering in the shadows. In due time, if and when the time was right, he was sure that they would show their face; it was unfortunate for the larger male of the Ridge that Koda would probably not recognize him, that is unless something jogged his memory...
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She could scent him, hear the rustling of the brush just behind her and instantly she knew that Guiness had come. Time and time again a worry in her bubbled in her gut that perhaps he, too, would leave the pack as many before him. Of course the strong, loyal and protective male had not gone, despite his sister's sudden (second) disappearance. She wondered how he was holding up, had thought to seek him out time and time again. Though time called for such a thing, mainly when it seemed Guiness was doing everything in his power to specifically keep at bay from his pack members. Happy at least that he had arrived, Elettra's attention remained focused upon the male before her - Koda.

His touch to her was welcomed with a thump of her tail along the earthen grounds of the Drooping Willows. She could not quite remember how long it had been since she had seen him and even more so, what little she had heard of him despite being in an allied pack. His question, however, forced the smile from her lips. A moment of silence passed before she let out a deep sigh, ready to give him the grim information he had questioned for. "...It's been horrible." She admits, likely killing Koda's wishes for a silver lining. "Many have died. ...Some you don't know. But Semananti, Skana..." She takes in a sharp breath, turning her attention away from him a moment as she was forced to think it over yet again.
(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2014, 09:58 PM by Elettra.)
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Sorry, I thought Guinness was going to post, lets speed this along!

Her words faded his smile, the rounded tips of his ears fell flat against his skull as he searched the eyes of his dearest, oldest friend and felt a whine of despair fall from his lips. So many loyal wolves had perished with the winter, he could not fathom what that meant for his future, and those who were left in their steed to pick up the remaining pieces, "I'm so sorry Elettra," he started, easing toward her once more, this time in an attempt to console her. He could understand the feeling that death caused, it was a pain that nothing or anyone could control, and its finality sent tingles through his spine; he could not imagine what it felt like to lose any more that he held so dearly. "how long ago?" he asked, the question felt strange but he yearned to know whether their death had been painful or silent; for Skana's case in particular, he knew the woman's old age, and hoped for her sake that death had come painlessly.

He could tell that winter had been draining on her, not just emotionally but physically as well, the weight of caring pups brought a promise of newness and potential happiness that would help mend their broken pack, and yet it also meant more mouths to feed during such a harsh season. Silently he asked the heaven's to guide them into safety with no more pain but he knew a promise was too far fetched in this situation, "so much has been happening at Secret Woods that I can hardly keep up," he paused, feeling the dirt beneath his paws and scrapped at it absentmindedly, what he would eventually tell her would be the most emotion he'd shown to another in months. "I have bad news of my own...my children have gone missing, I have begun to search but I fear they do not want to be found, especially by me..." the truth stung as it came from his mouth, "and Nina took another as her mate, and they are bearing pups this year. I don't even know how to put these pieces back together again, I'm so lost..." his problems were nearly as bad as death though they felt close; Koda had never felt so unwanted in his own home.
(This post was last modified: May 13, 2014, 03:11 AM by Koda.)

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
I know. D: Light thought it was best with him dying to have him sit in the background. I'll try to get this going as fast as possible with it's age and all.

He came to her, consoling her, and she accepted the touch. Her head falling, moving under his chin as her ears too fell against her head with a sigh. She took a few moments, but the answers he sought were given. "Semananti, just at the end of December and Skana... just a few weeks back." Not to mention Narcissa, who the friend which settled before her now did not know. A few others had fallen off the map, though having now actually seen their bodies, could not know if they had fallen victim to winter as well, or if they had perhaps just gotten lost in the storms. After all, no wolf in their right mind would leave their pack willingly in the middle of winter. Of course, unless Muerda, Tempest, or Calla had not been in their right mind...

She then heard of the pups, his own pups. She knew fully well that Tacoma, one of he and Nina's sons, had not made it already. It was something the one eyed woman had told her upon visiting in much a fashion Koda was now. Elettra did not mention it, though took in the words that his other son and daughter had up and left. With being yearlings, Elettra would not doubt that their venture away had been of their own accord and found herself ever more grateful that @Skoll, @Asriel, and @Morganna had yet to leave her side. Archer blood ran thick. Many of it's members stayed close due to a very loyal, proud and close-knit nature they held with one another. She knew soon enough though, when they were ready, they may one day venture as Elettra herself had. She just hoped it was not too soon... Even with new pups to look over on the way, she was not ready to loose touch of her first litter.

"Nina was very heartbroken... She did not know when you would return, if you would return." Elettra admitted, remembering the conversation she had with her ally some time ago. "She told me Hollow was Lead in your place. I can assume, if anything, to keep the pack strong and together, they bred for the new year." She did not know if this was true love, Koda having mentioned that she formally took him as her 'mate' unlike Elettra herself had with Kiche. Still, with a broken heart, it was only natural to try and confine in someone... "I don't know if you can put it back together, Koda. If anything, you'll need to regain her trust, her friendship. It could take quite some time..." She shifted her head away from his touch then, turning her attention to pass Guiness a slight, forced smile. A deep sigh was taken as she pressed her attention back to Koda.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
He remained silent a moment longer, giving Skana and Semananti their respect, they were both women he had known for some time and he regretted their death so early but he knew that their place was better now; there would be no more suffering for either party. He leaned in further, enjoying the embrace and the feeling of acceptance that he could not gain from home, and when she spoke he felt his breath catch in his throat, his thoughts were all over the place. He knew that her going to Hollow had been his fault, he'd pushed her into the arms of another and when she did the ultimate deed of breeding with him he felt his heart wretched from his chest and hatred boiled within him. He was not sure whether he could accept the brood from another male, his genes were supposed to have carried over with Nina not that of Hollow, and yet she was heavily pregnant and bound to pop come the middle of spring--his feelings were all over the place.

He reigned them in slowly, straightening his back first before lifting his head and allowing his ears the ability to sit perked high on his skull, he would not allow another to see him so vulnerable again, not ever, and when the moment was over he cleared his throat and found his voice once more. He did not know exactly how to straighten things out but he knew that remaining in his position would not keep him happy, in fact it made him more aggressive knowing that someone younger was leading the pack, especially one that had been his inferior at one point. In his mind the dark male had not been ready to lead, albeit his disappearance had forced him into the leadership position but since his return he had begun to prove each day that he was ready to reign once more, he just needed the perfect opportunity.

He knew that regaining his position would not completely solve anything but it would settle his mind and the aggression that bubbled within him. He was angry at how complacent he had become, as although his obedience had gained him nothing besides heart ache, but perhaps once he showed Nina how serious he was, she would become his' once more, but when Elettra spoke he remained silent, knowing that her words were correct no matter how strongly it felt coming from her mouth. "Are you planning puppies for the year as well?" he finally spoke, his gaze meeting the fiery color of his companion; doing so would bring happiness to the pack, but were more mouths during such a harsh time responsible?
(This post was last modified: May 27, 2014, 03:47 PM by Koda.)

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
"Is it not obvious?" The smirk presses to her lips as her crown falls, turning so that she is able to take a glance at the own rounding of her belly. Of course, it would have been easily mistaken for fat now that Spring had arrived and the Wildwood was plentiful with prey once more. Still, she would have thought Koda would have been able to guess her pregnancy, though only assumed he had been far too caught up in his own thoughts about Nina and the children she now bore which were this year, not his own. Head lifting once more, she tries to press on the slightest of smiles for him, despite the grim news which he had given her about Nina and her decisions. It was bad for him, yes, though perhaps good for Nina and so, Elettra found herself torn between the two. Although Koda she had met firstly and had not trusted Nina upon meeting her (had rather a rough first encounter at that) over time Elettra had learned to appreciate the woman, had nursed her back to health, bonded with the woman and was now equally ally and friend to her.

"After you left... it was a very long time before another Leader stood rightfully in your place. Those two who did, it was so brief, it could barely even count. I was the only medic, mother of my children, and Leader all together." Life, after Koda had lost his memory, only to regain some bits and decide to live at the side of Nina, had been very hard on Elettra. She made that clear now that she was certain he would understand what she had gone through without him at her side. From the beginning he had backed her every more and then, in an instant, he was gone from her... "I... I've found someone now." That slight smile she had been fighting over her expression goes at the thought of @Angier, unintentional, as she had not meant to upset Koda sense he had recently lost his own mate.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Elettra! So very sorry for the wait, my muse for this thread is draining since it's so outdated. Maybe one more from the both of us and fade it out?
His ears pulled backward on his skull as he stared at her stomach, and noticed the bulge from the future princesses and princes of the Ridge protruding at her sides, he produced a smile that was slow to creep to the edges of his mouth. He knew that despite the harshness of winter, a new brood made it all worth it, especially considering the losses they had endured trying to survive until spring--thinking of Skana and Semananti made his mouth dry.

The words that left her mouth sent his stomach on a spiral and he adjusted his weight to release the air that formed in his gut over the guilt of leaving the Ridge behind. He didn't regret many things but leaving Elettra behind was probably the hardest decision he had to make, at the moment it had been worth it, the love he had for Nina prevailed his urge to stay in the southern region but now he wondered if it had really been a wise decision. His departure had been on the assumption that his future would remain with Secret Woods and now, with these changes upon him he doubted his decision but there was no turning back, he had hurt Elettra as he had hurt Nina, the only way to end this cycle was to stop it here. "I did not mean to cause a rift in the Ridge Elettra, I was doing what I thought was best for me at the time, my loyalty to you or the ridge still remains...that is if would still accept it."

The Ridge and Secret Woods were allies and would probably remain so unless something catastrophic caused otherwise, "Do I know who they are?" he asked, his head cocking to the side having suddenly become interested in who had stolen the dark queen's heart, and judging by her swollen belly, he had to be quite the special guy.
(This post was last modified: Jul 09, 2014, 04:29 AM by Koda.)