(See All?) Announcements
796 Users Online
Google, Bing

Racing Shadows in the Moonlight
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Dated after Aponi and Mercy being found; @Aponi; RE: It smelled like a deer herd was nearby.. but now there are no traces of them.
valar dohaeris.
karpos slayer
all men must serve.

Karpos had been searching for food whenever he could now that the prey was returning. It would still be a while before the Keep had full caches and then some and so he still had a lot of work to do. Relief had flooded him when Evann and himself had found Aponi and Mercy. They were home and despite Aponi being extremely weak and ill, he was happy. He hadn't stopped trying to get her back up to the strength that she had been at before her disappearance. He felt like it was his duty and that it was one of those that he was more than willing to do. Karpos hadn't even had time to think about his family and his sister. Most of his family knew where he was and why, because he loved Aponi and he had sworn an oath to the Keep, but Adsila did not know this and he had a feeling she would not take him staying away from her well.

With the insane winter Karpos had no idea whether she was dead or not, but he could not believe that she was. He could not bear any more heartbreak from any wolf anymore. He had enough and he was done chasing after the shadows of his former life. He was going to be a guardian, a vigilante of the Keep. Sir Mapplethorpe had even said he would make a fine one. He was going to tell Princess Aponi how he felt sometime, whenever it felt right. He would hold his word to Capella and if he ever got her heart he would never let it go. He had promised and he was not one to break promises. The feelings in his heart had been constantly stirring to reach the sense of love he felt for Aponi since he had first met her in Spectral Woods. Karpos just didn't want to push his boundaries. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable and that was the only reason he hadn't said anything.

His nose caught the scent of deer and he followed to where the scent was, or at least thought it was. When he arrived there were absolutely no traces of the herd he had so soon scented. Confusion filled him as he continued his search. A herd meant a hunt and a hunt meant food. Food meant Aponi and Mercy could be up to full strength again. "Shape up Slayer, you can find the herd." He told himself harshly. He headed back towards the center of the territory in hopes maybe he had went the wrong way until he found himself at the pack den once more.

(This post was last modified: Apr 22, 2014, 12:49 AM by Karpos.)
Played by Ghost who has 517 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

Much like before they were rescued the only thing Aponi did was sleep, but this was a different type of slumber. While before she had slept out of pure exhaustion, her body didn't have the energy to even allow her to open her eyes, this was the sleep of recovery. The princess would awake with energy enough to wander around the den for a few minutes or go get a drink or fill her belly before she would once again become drowsy and slip into a dreamless sleep. She remembered nothing of their rescue, not who had saved them or where they were, not being forced to eat and swallow water before being left in the den to sleep, and sleep she had for nearly 48 hours straight she had slept. Awaking her memory of events that occurred after meeting that foolish boy who discovered their hiding spot was hazy, days and nights blended together. Aponi would never really remember what happened properly, her mind had been too delusional with hunger and exhaustion to properly function.

It had been nearly a week and a half since she awoke after that near comatose state and since then leaps and bounds had been made in her recovery. Her coat had returned some of its shine and was beginning to grow back into the patches that had fallen out. Her blue eyes no longer looked sunken and they no longer glazed over but were focused and keen when she was awake. Though her bones still poked out oddly like they never had before and her strength was still sapped some weight had been put back on and she was no longer in danger of starving. The sound of paw steps at the entrance to the den awoke Aponi from her half sleep and her eyelids raised droopily as she looked to see who would be joining her. Often one of the subordinates would come to check on her, she could only assume to report back to her mother and father who were busy preparing for the coming children. It seemed she was being replaced and she was none too happy about it.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer

Karpos had been near the pack den regardless when he heard movement from the den so his curiosity kicked in and he went to check to see who was stirring. That was what he told himself at least. He really just wanted to see if the Princess Aponi was doing alright as she would always be first in his book. Princess Aponi? He called softly as he stepped into the den to see she was kinda awake but not at the same time. It was understandable, she had been near death when he and Evann had found her. He was thankful that Mercy and her had managed to stay alive. He was selfish and he couldn't bear to lose anyone else for a while. His frantic searching, following Evann, carrying Aponi back to the territory himself, it had all been worth it.

He had drawn a deep breathe as he settled down on his rump and looked at her. She was doing a lot better than she had been back at Bramble Falls where she could barely stay conscious for five seconds. Feeling much better? He asked with concern lacing his voice. He cared. He always would and always had, since he had first met her, first laid eyes on the pup from Nomads Pass who was out for an adventure. His first words to her were far from romantic or even nice. He had demanded that she report who she was to the prince. Those words meant nothing now as she was his princess and he was no royalty.

Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

Her eyes still hadn't adjusted to the sunlight streaming in so when a dark figure appeared in her vision a smile graced her maw, "Mercy?" her tail beat against the dirt at his approach. The voice made her smile falter slightly, this wasn't @Mercy it was Karpos, so where had her guardian gone? The sleep now gone from her gaze she looked around the den for any sign of the silver male but when none could be found her tail halted. His scent wasn't stale so he must left recently but the princess couldn't smother the worry that instantly built in her gut at the crowchild's absence. So accustomed she had become to having him always around, he had saved her life and she felt in some ways she had saved his as well. Standing Aponi hastily shook her fur back into place, it still was thin in some areas but was no longer matted to her sides. Walking to the entrance of the den she squinted into the sunlight trying to get her bearings, "Karp have you seen Mercy around?" her pupils constricted quickly and she was able to see.

The land before her had become green once more, buds stood on the trees and the grass was everywhere, winter had released them. So focused was the princess on finding her guardian that she almost missed Karpos' question, "Hm?.....Oh uh yeah, I'm great." The tone was distracted, dismissive, like a mother who was answering her child's question of why? for the millionth time while she was talking to someone else. Aponi moved out of the den and into the sunlight, the warmth absorbing into her pelt and her skin. The scent of Mercy intermingled with @Sagacity and with a sigh the girl sat, she knew he would be safe with his mother but she still felt anxious having him out of her sight.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
@Aponi is the recipient of Karpos' 200th post!!! Long post in honor and sorry, I made this really sad :c
This natural selection picked me out to be
Karpos Slayer
A dark horse running in a fantasy

It was so strange for him to hear the name and know that she was not eager to see him but the other ward of the Keep. A small amount of sadness had filled him when he remembered how close they use to be. Back in Nomads Pass and even before Aponi and Mercy had been lost in the storm. They use to sleep right next to each other every night before Karpos would wake and find it difficult to fall back to sleep. He was not afraid to admit the truth to himself as he looked at her, still weak but the strongest fae he ever met. He was being replaced. She didn't need him to look after her. She had a new guardian to protect her if the times called for it because Karpos had failed. It stung his heart to realize that he had failed to be with her when she needed him to be. She had been almost dead when he found her and while yes he did help bring them home it wasn't he who kept them alive. Mercy had saved her. He drew a small and almost silent breathe as if about to speak when she posed him with a question. Where was Mercy? It only further made his heart sting. She had no idea.

He still felt something for her, but she didn't appear to be as responsive or at least she didn't show it. He answered in a withdrawn voice, obviously lost or hurt or something of this emotion he had never felt. "I thought I saw him and The Silver Dagger walking around earlier." He felt the pain flow to his eyes as she answered his question like a distracted pup. A dismissive tone in her voice only furthered the pain until all this thought processes had collapsed inside his mind. He was so frustrated as he asked himself one of the most important questions of his life. What had happened when she had been gone? He just remembered going out and searched for them almost daily but being bound by duty to Aponi's father to return and keep a constant watch on the borders. He had been pulling his weight despite his need to go and find the ward and the princess. She rose and left the den and he staid still. He was not needed and so he just curled up in the back corner of the den. What was it like to lose someone but not lose them the way he was use to?

He felt as if he lost her at that moment. Every day the pup had woken up in the hopes of making her smile or laugh. He had hoped to make her father happy, her mother too just to impress her. Sure honor, duty, all the shit his father taught him had played an important role in it, but Karpos had done it mainly to try and impress her without her noticing. He felt like some shadow stalking a victim he could never get his paws on. He loved her. He had been so scared to admit it and he knew that his emotions for her had developed too fast, especially when she showed no interest in him. He should have given up sooner but something had prevented him from doing so... just what? That was his question. What was holding him back from dropping it all? Was it something similar to what he had felt for his father? Shade was his father and Karpos would love him forever. After the chocolate pup was to pass, hopefully far away in the future, Karpos would have an eternity with his father in the stars. But for now he had to focus on the present.

His paws were out in front of him as he was sitting there frozen in the corner. He wouldn't move, blocking out the world and focusing on the questions. How long would he stay inside the fearful state? He wasn't an intrepid wolf but he was too afraid to admit when he was afraid which was, overall, his biggesst downfall as he remembered just another disappointment he had led himself up to. His mother had been his first disappointment and by far the least effecting one he had received since his birth. He couldn't get over the fact that his mother had left her children alone to die. He didn't care what reasons she had, she had left and that was all he cared about. He wished her dead, prayed that it had happened every night since she had abandoned him for the second time. Then there was his father, not a disappointment but still as affecting as a disappointment. His father had been foolish enough to go over the mountains towards known enemies and now he rested under Karpos' favorite log on the former territory of Pitch Pine Trail.

There were many more that were insignificant to the major few. The next was his sister. His sister had run away from the Trail and while he did not blame her he was shocked and it stung that she thought he had abandoned her to die for only her Uncle Ace to find her. Anastasia was a loss, not a disappointment as she had disappeared from his grasp, and was, as far as he knew, dead. He hadn't been able to say goodbye and it saddened him. As he went through the long list of pains, he suddenly came to a anagnorisis, the critical moment of recognition that plunged his mind into deeper turmoil. Every time he got close to a wolf, they let him down, at least once if not more. He wanted to howl away his rage and sadness but he couldn't. He couldn't let the Keep wolves know about the sadness and anger of the ward who, as he quoted Sir Mapplethorpe, 'showed much promise as a guardian'. He wasn't sure what he could believe and what he could not. All he knew was that he wasn't ready for any of it. "I thought we would have forever." He whispered as he stared a Aponi from his lonely corner in the pack den. Sadness took another rip at him as he added another sadness and disappointment to the book. He had this opinion in his mind. He had lost her.

Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata
......This was unexpected, Aponi made me do it -.- Sorry Karp <3

Karpos' pain was lost to the girl who could only focus on the way her heart sped and she felt as if the world was closing in around her in Mercy's absence. Releasing a long breath she couldn't ignore the way it shook and hated herself for the weakness. Suddenly she couldn't take the sunlight that covered her body, exposing her for what she had become; a coward. Turning swiftly she re-entered the den, fuming at herself for allowing herself to become to pathetic, no wonder her parents were replacing her. Silver paws paced throughout the den as she moved back and forth back and forth, her jaws clenched as she tried to force the anxiety away. So absorbed she was in trying to beat whatever this thing was inside her, force it down, force it out, stop making her weak that she forgot that Karpos was even there. That was until he said something.

Suddenly it was as if her world exploded, Aponi just couldn't take it anymore, she needed to beat this weakness. Turning the princess bared her fangs and a snarl tore from her throat as she stared Karpos down, "You feel too much Karpos. All you ever do is think and talk and feel. You thought we had something? We could never have anything you pathetic fool. I need someone who is strong enough to protect me, help me, be my equal, you will never be anything but a snivelling pathetic excuse for a wolf." Blue eyes were full of fire, an anger that had originated deep within herself and was truly directed at herself, but poor Karpos had been the recipient. Aponi felt nothing but a all consuming anger and despair, her anxiety morphing into a dark creature that was consuming her piece by piece. There was no way out from here.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
<3 We're in the same boat; Karp made me be mean to @Aponi :c
Karpos Slayer

It was just what he was afraid of, just what he had been worrying about ever since he had come to the realization. Rejection. She snarled the words at him and made him feel lesser, shamed, and he was through with it. He was done trying to be close to her, done trying to concern himself with her because he wouldn't take shit from anyone. There was no way he could so he rose and snarled at her, looking into her eyes unafraid of what she might do. "You never feel Aponi. How do you expect someone to try to protect you if all you do is shut everyone out. You think Mercy can protect you? He nearly died and so did you. I did protect you. I searched for you every day and when Evann and I found you, I carried you back because you couldn't do it yourself. But I had a job to do here. I'm a guardian of the Keep, even if I don't have the official title. Your father expects me to be here watching and protecting the pack and I am do done dealing with your shit." He hissed at her as she walked right past her with rage.

He had left the pack den and started towards the borders, slowly while brooding. He didn't mean to rile her but apparently he had so he was just done. He knew what he had to do. He had to shut everyone out. Then maybe he wouldn't 'feel' so often. He had to shut out everyone who could mean anything to him. Karpos could take Mercy in a fight, that Karp was sure of, even when Mercy was at the top of his game. Karpos had been training his tail off while Mercy and Aponi and Nova all sat down to watch the grownups work. Karpos had a bigger thing to do than deal with Aponi and all her senseless drama. His fur was bristling along his spine and his tail lashed from side to side. He could feels his eyes burning with the tears that he wanted to spill over it but he couldn't. His canines were bared and he was hissing. He was silently plotting his revenge. He would never leave the Keep because honor, family, blood, trust, it all meant something to him. Being a betrayer just wasn't an option. Karpos was better off than some of the others. His hackles were raised as he went to run a patrol. He wondered if Aponi dared to follow him after what he had said.

(This post was last modified: Apr 25, 2014, 08:39 PM by Karpos.)
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

Instantly her hackles rose as Karpos stood, another snarl working its way out of her throat, that bastard. As he walked past her Aponi bit her teeth in warning, she might be weaker than she had ever been but she wasn't going to back down. The heat of anger still boiled and flashed through her veins as she followed him out into the sunlight, egged on by his actions and his words she moved to try and get in front of him and cut him off. "How dare you walk away from me? You think you're better than me because my father sang some praise for you while I was gone? He probably just felt sorry for you. I did, and so did my mother that's why she took you in, you don't even belong here." The princess knew her words would cut deep, that it was a low blow but she didn't regret the words for a second. Who was he to disrespect the heiress of the Keep?

Aponi dug her paws into the ground, she would not budge from her position in front of him, she would force him to look at her. Her blue eyes stared down his brown as a cruel smile played across her features. A chuckle left her as she continued, "You're wrong about me, just because I don't let you in doesn't mean I let nobody in. You're just not good enough, and I do feel something, something for you; regret. Regret that I ever asked my parents to take you in, regret that I ever met you, regret you were even born. Have you ever wondered why everybody in your life leaves? It's because of you Karpos, stop blaming everyone else." Aponi laughed again because she knew how much this would hurt him, but she didn't care anymore. This would make her strong, this would beat the weakness, she just needed to cut all weakness from her life. She was starting now with Karpos.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Karpos Slayer

Karpos was pissed as the bitch of the Keep cut him off from doing his job. She challenged him with her words of how she felt sorry for him and regretted taking him in but he was beyond caring. Over the process of a few short minutes the Slayer boy's rage bubbled over the edge. He hissed and snapped at her, being not himself as he normally was when he was angry. "You think that? Well I've got news for you bitch. Everyone puts up with you because Lady Naira and Sir Mapplethorpe demand it. You're a rude, arrogant and obnoxious little bastard who thinks she is more than she actually is. You think you're a princess? Your not, you are a pup and daughter of the alpha pair. That is the only reason your not a lone wolf right now." He hissed as he turned to walk the other way.

What had she followed him if he meant nothing to her. She was trying to rile him up and he should have known better but instead he snapped as he turned and lunged at her, aiming to grab a hold of her muzzle and force her to the ground. He wanted to make her pay for what she had said to him. It wasn't his fault, no, it was the fault of Elettra, the winter. It wasn't his fault that bad things happened to him. His mother left because she was weak. His father died because another wolf had been slightly stronger and so he wasn't going to take shit from a bully who thought she could do whatever she wanted. He drew a deep breathe and hissed, his eyes locking with hers as his pure anger and rage shown through. She would pay and others would thank him for it. She was going to stop being such a... no, he wasn't going to stoop lower than he already had and he was going to make Aponi pay. She felt sorry for him back then and now she was going to be sorry for a whole other reason.

(This post was last modified: Apr 25, 2014, 09:20 PM by Karpos.)
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

They had reached a breaking point now, something had to give or else the Keep was about to change drastically. Blue eyes narrowed dangerously at his words and a snap decision was made, a grin snuck across Aponi's face. Shaking her head she said softly, "Well if that's how the pack feels I'm sure you'll have no problem explaining exactly why I left." The princess was silent for a moment making sure Karpos understood before she turned towards the borders, she was a princess for the last time. Flicking her tail up she moved across the territory, foolish and as proud as she had ever been.

Aponi had not finished healing from her last trip and that time she had been with Mercy, now she was alone, as alone as she had ever been. This had been the last straw on a downward spiral, the pressure she had put on herself to be the best, being lost, her anxiety, this outburst from Karpos was more than she could take. She had leapt backwards from the other yearlings attack a hiss of her own on her voice, this would be the last time she would see the Slayer boy and she was fine with that. What she wasn't fine with would be the separation from Mercy and her heart panged at the thought a tremble seeping through her muscles. She would be strong even if it meant this, even if it meant leaving behind everything she had ever known.

FADE OUT