557 Users Online
Google, Bing

seven devils
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
@Hypatia

Little by little, she'd torn her own life apart. She'd been avoiding her own family, those she shared her scent with, those that called her "leader". A title she didn't deserve. And if not for the scent that spring had conjured up in her, she might have still avoided the gaze of her own mate. Although this was what she did now. New life stirred within her, and she ought to have been sharing this miracle and celebration with her packmates. But she hid from them, shamed for the foolish choices she made, a stupid woman too overcome with grief and fury to do what she had been so blessed to be given. Lead.

It was with a heavy heart that she sought out her daughter, perhaps one soul that might not hate her, though her own mother had fallen apart when her daughter, nearly an adult, might have needed her most. Though she felt she had somehow recovered from all the pain that winter had unleashed, she had yet to pull together the courage that required facing her mistakes. And yet she could face Hypatia now, even if her darling girl despised her. Ignoring a gnawing hunger within her swelling stomach, she wandered through the magnolia trees, life slowly beginning to appear along their branches again, and called out for the girl, "Hypatia?" She called out, ears folding back against her head as she resisted the urge to sniff out, and then hunt, the girl. Borlla hoped that she would come willingly.

(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2014, 03:19 AM by Borlla.)
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Switch who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hypatia Argyris

Beneath a crooked Magnolia tree that was neither very large nor paticularly small was the dark, golden girl. Her silver mask did not seem peaceful, but neither was it painful. The only child of Borlla and Phineas was trying to recover. It was in the Glen she sought a remedy. Her bright, orange eyes were raking over the thick branches of her timber guardian, finding each new,little bud. It was mind boggling to think they would soon be in bloom with vivid, pink flowers. Strange the trees could act as if there had been no bitter winter. It made her wonder how hard it would be to do the same. Hypatia was sure she would never be a blank slate. That had been last spring. This one she was going to be a yearling, counted as a young adult. The thought scared her because she didn't really understand what that meant. She still felt too small, too unsteady in life.

There she sat for such a long time, contemplating,she didn't notice how her toes had began to tingle or the discomfort in her haunch. It wasn't until a gentle voice called her name did the girl move. Between a daze and rush she attempted to scramble upward. A small whine released with the strange numbness in her paws, but she forced her weight upon them, hurrying to reach her mother. Why she did not sense anything wrong, it had been awhile since anything had felt right. If Borlla needed her she wanted to answer right away.

"Mom?" The more blood that pumped through her limbs, the more normal her movement became. She looked this way and that while weaving along the short grass that was attempting to green. "Mom?" She voiced, more urgently, but spotted the pale figure. A brief wag of her tail she held herself from running up to her. Hypatia hadn't exactly done anything wrong lately, but kept a guarded expression very uncertain if there was something to her mother's beckoning.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
What madness she’d caused, cursing both of her brothers and her kin, and then leaving everyone behind to deal with the mess she’d caused. Borlla knew that she’d need to speak with Triell, but Phineas was first, and perhaps the whole of the Glen. But before any of them, she’d need to speak with Hypatia. And it seemed the girl would come to her willingly. After calling out, Borlla had moved forward a few feet before waiting, hoping that her daughter might be nearby. Her stomach turned over when she heard incoming pawsteps, and after turning around to pinpoint their direction, she spotted the blonde child. Borlla felt as though she hadn’t looked upon her own child in ages (which was not entirely false). So nearly grown…Borlla watched the girl quietly, golden eyes wide and filled with fear. “I-I’m so sorry,” she muttered, though did not avert her gaze. The woman moved forward, hoping to embrace her daughter, though was fully aware that the girl might retreat. “I promised I would protect you, both of you, and I didn’t.” She forced her mind not to wander to the thought of Kyros, now buried beneath the earth. If she could not be a leader, nor a mother, what good was she to anyone? Again and again, the woman had burned through her second chances, always left with the only option: to run. But she felt no urge to do that now. She wanted to fix what she’d done, because there was no other option now. Running had never truly been an option, even when she’d done it.
(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2014, 05:44 PM by Borlla.)
Played by Switch who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hypatia Argyris

The collected face she wore easily began to crack in tiny pieces. Concern crinkling her brows, a frown turning the corners of her lips, questions altering her eyes. This was a sudden side of Borlla she hadn't seen. Even when she had been in severe pain how well her mother had hidden that. This weakness, it made Hyp realize she should have sought her out sooner. She sounded like she was worried about being rejected, hated by her only daughter. So the girl wondered, had she done something to cause this? She understood now, better than she had why they had been told certain things. Stay in the Glen. Things that bite, and hurt. Strangerss. All Hyp could do was stare, holding onto her mother's yellow eyes trying to find answers. Borlla didn't leave a gap between them, and Hypatia leaned into the familiar white shoulder. It didn't quite feel as safe, secure as it had in the past. It was solid, and of some comfort.

The tanwy girl held no malice nor hatetred toward her mother. Even Phineas as uncertain as she was about what he had done, she didn't either. She didn't blame them for what happened to Kyros or herself. She had made the mistake. Kyros... he had been taken from all of them. Much she wanted to say these things, her throat felt like ice, cold and frozen. Hesitantly, she licked her mother's chin, sweeping her nose along her jaw as she had done what seemed like a thousand times. Though today she realized again how she was hardly that small child any more. A long moment she only stood, leaning against the Glen leader, hoping it was worth something. "I know mom," she murmured into the fringe of white. "I'm here." Was that proof Borlla was more than she felt?

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Hypatia did not turn her away, and even leaned into her. The woman did not want to let go, and tried to keep her shoulders from shaking as emotion threatened to consume her. But Borlla was truly out of tears at this point. She could feel her body enveloped by the distinct maslin of relief and shame. It hardened in her gut and forced pressure behind her eyes. Steam rushed from the cracks in her frame, relieving some of the pressure, but it also threatened to bust her right open. The words that her daughter spoke stung. She didn't deserve such sentiment. After a long moment, she withdrew, staring into Hypatia's eyes with some sense of urgency. "Could you ever forgive me?" She asked, the sadness drained from her now, replaced with caution.

Borlla had done many unforgivable things in her lifetime and would likely do many more. But...If she was irredeemable in her eyes of her own child, where was hope? Borlla was an adult...No matter how strong her grief had been, she'd had responsibilities to her family and her pack, and she had shunned them. Worse, she'd spat on them at times. All she could do now was hope that she'd be allowed to fix what she'd broken, to move forward and learn. "I just want to know what you're thinking...How you are." It hurt to speak those words. They were the sort of things that shouldn't be said, because she ought to have already known! But she tried to push back her accursed arrogance and embarrassment for the young woman before her.