578 Users Online
Google, Bing

A Glimpse of the Sun — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bridget who has 24 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Coquina Ladios
Sunrise.

It was another day to overcome, but Coquina had finally found a new family. The woman was on patrol, curiously exploring as she rounded the borders of Willow Ridge. Her paws had taken her up the sloping hillside that lead into the rise. A field of fiery flowers did not greet her, though- it was virgin snow. Her eyes observed the landscape as she peaked over the top. With her tail slowly swaying, she pressed forward, cold nose now lowered to the ground. As per usual, there were no scents of prey. Disappointment had seeped away from her; she felt nothing now. The off-white wolf pauses now as the sun begins to rise. The sky remains a pale gray as the gleam of the sun pierces through its sluggish veil.

A small smile pulls at Quin's dark lips, and she watches in awe as the sun continues its ascent. The yellow floods the sky now, sending a ripple of hope through the woman. There would be spring soon, and prey would become abundant. It would happen... eventually. Sure, it may not be soon, but it would certainly happen sometime. Quin loosened her shoulders, for she realized she was standing stiff. After the ball of sun became fully visible in the early morning sky, Quin lowered her nose to the ground and continued to sniff about.

The silence that claimed the air around her was eerie. She had been on her own for too long. After having spoken with Elettra and Skana, Quin felt restored. She felt alive again. Without social interaction, she seemed to be slowly falling apart. Her tail raises now as she bounds forward and paws at what may be a rabbit hole. Her claw strikes rock; she reels back and wrinkles her nose in dismay. Hunger was still clawing at her. Coquina's job may have been to guard and scout at the time, but she couldn't help searching for any bit of food that would feed her family.
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
A shadow steps into the dimly lit landscape as tiny flakes of white snow fall from the heavens. The stark black canine shakes his fur releasing the latest peppering of snow shining bright white against his gray misted black fur. Titan wasn't in the best mood, but as of late this mood had been normal for him. It was rare nowadays for the young Thorben to be happy about something. Not when everywhere he turned things seemed to go wrong.

Today the young male had padded to the flowering place that had red flowers during the summer. Now it was dreary looking and devoid of color as he began to recognize some of the sparse dead trees dotting the meadow. The scent of a wolf flounced around on the breeze which would have had the dark child nervous had he not recognized the scent.

That's...umm.. Co..Cookie, no...Cocwee...something..I can't remember. He shook his crown trying to bring up the memory of the dark furred woman. It had been a loner his mother and Titan found while scouting. She had been nice and respectful so the youth was unafraid of her smell being carried on the chill wind.

In fact he rather liked the idea of meeting with her just to see how she was fairing. He could smell pack scent upon the female and quickly realized that she had joined the neighboring pack. Even better, that means we're allied now. Titan picked up his pace and swerved towards Coquina's scent.

A few minutes passed before the dark wolf spotted an equally dark pelt in the distance. The stronger scent of the Ladios woman confirmed the shape's identity to Titan while he let out a few huffed growls to let her know he was there.

"Hello again miss!" Titan slowed as he neared the woman giving her a good two wolf lengths of distance between them. His head jutted out forward in a friendly way while his tail swished behind him slowly.

WHISPER Caverns
Played by Bridget who has 24 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Coquina Ladios
Coquina began to scent around the rise for any trace of prey. She figured that if she was lucky there may be a rabbit hiding somewhere. She lifts her head slightly and releases a dissatisfied grunt. Another wolf emerges over the rise and calls out to her. Turning sharply, the bear-like woman's eyes widen in glee as she sees a familiar face. A delighted smile takes over her features as she steps toward the young man, tail wagging and lifted. "Hello Titan!" The name appears in her head as she thinks of his mother Nari. The young ebon-coated wolf had not introduced himself to her- she only collected the name from Narimé saying it as she spoke to Quin.

Coquina dips her head to him in greeting before inquisitively peering at him "Have ya caught anymore rabbits recently?" The delighted smile was mellowed out on her face, but she still looked very glad to see him. "I was just looking around for some. Care to scent around with me?" Quin tilts her head expectantly before she turns her side toward him. Sniffing out the earth before her, her face twists into frustration "Perhaps I'm not looking in the correct spot here." With a shrug of her shoulders, she glances back to Titan. Secretly, she wanted Titan to be able to show off his skills and have fun doing so before her. Quin would also like to socialize a bit more- she felt as if she had been lacking in spending time with others recently. The woman releases her gaze from Titan before she continues to scent around, now beginning to walk forward as she does so.

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2014, 11:48 PM by Coquina.)
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben

"Ahhh...No I haven't. I just can't catch up to them, they speed right by me." Titan answers the light ladies question while giving her an amused grin. His head tilts sideways at her request to look for more of the furry little rockets. I don't even know how I caught that first one back then. It kinda just ran into my jaws. Titan thought with a sheepish smile forming across his muzzle. Then he jerked forward as if to pad closer to the female. However the boy hesitated. He wasn't sure if he should accept the invitation to hunt or not. No one outside of the pack had ever asked him to go after prey with them before.

"Perhaps I'm not looking in the correct spot here." Coquina spoke with a strange bit of frustration laced in her tone.

Titan picks his head up as she turns to shrug at him. Then the dark lad watches as she turns her brown eyes back to the landscape and starts moving forward; her nose to the ground sniffing out prey.

"I can show you where the best places to look for them are! Follow me!" Titan trots up to the white wolfs side with a wag in his dark tail. Then he moves to the right and begins loping towards the thicker bushier areas of the rise. His quick steps take the black pup close to higher elevated ground. The hill gently slopes upward while Titan leads the way not knowing if the female was even following or if she had stayed behind to watch.

His nose twitched trying to find the smell of the little creatures that liked to evade his claws.

WHISPER Caverns