544 Users Online
Google, Bing, Miriam

Soaring high and high
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

Backdated to April 1st <3 Happy Birthday Lach c:
RE: It smelled like a deer herd was nearby.. but now there are no traces of them. @Lachesis

Light on her paws, Capella moved through the trees. Shadows danced along her coat, caused by the newly budding branches high above her head. Only moments ago she had caught wind of a deer herd, and Cut Rock River was still aching for more prey; With shrunken stomachs from their hellish winter. Hot on the trail she flew this way and that, nearing where she thought they'd be. The call almost left her lips, about to alert the rest when suddenly there was nothing. Dandelion eyes clouded with confusion, where has they gone?

Backtracking, she searched once again for the scent she knew had just been there, but like a phantom, it was nowhere to be found. Only then did she start to question her sanity. The taste was still in her mouth, but the air was clean, fresh with the scent of new growth. Something was wrong, had she imagined the entire scenario? No! Of course she hadn't, had she? The war raged on as she attempted to plead her case within her mind.

Angry, she set out to find this herd. They were out there somewhere, hiding from her, but why? Did they know she was coming? The girl considered calling out once again, but what if they thought she was crazy? Hell, maybe she was, but until she had more proof, she refused to bother them.

worlds are ruined this way, and we've all been there time and time again.
(This post was last modified: Apr 10, 2014, 03:38 AM by Capella.)
[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
LALALA I LOVE LAPELLA
It was his birthday and he didn’t care. He was more concerned for the rest of the pack than he was about his own silly birthday.

The days had been growing warmer as winter began to slowly disappear; the scent of spring hovered over the dew-covered grass in the mornings as the snow melted away. The wolves of Cut Rock had nearly diminished their food cache over the winter; the pack was hungry, and with puppies in the future it would be essential for the River wolves – especially Kisla – to recover the strength they had lost over the winter. It also meant that the slender boy was going to have to re-stock his inventory as well. When the food rations were nearly gone Lachesis had taken to munching on some berries he had stocked prior to the constant blizzards; he had also used up some other plants while attempting to self-medicate after Anastasia’s disappearance.

Now that the snow had cleared up considerably XIX had thought about returning to the mountain to search for his friend. He knew the chance of finding her alive was slim, but he wanted to know for sure if she had survived or not. He had to know…

Giving his head a quick shake the ghost pulled himself out of den, curious as to where Capella had gone to. Immediately lunging into a sprint, the boy followed his friend’s scent without hesitation. Since she had joined the River wolves the two had been nearly inseparable. He cared for the sunflower-eyed girl deeply, and would be forever grateful for what she had done for him after he returned from the mountain. She had provided him the stability and nurturing that he needed, and XIX didn’t know how he could ever repay her.

It didn’t take long for the long-legged skeleton to catch up to his friend; the sight of her pale coat caused a soft grin to appear against his lips as he closed the distance between them. She looked confused, which caused the smile to quickly disappear from his maw as he approached. He didn’t say anything, as he wasn’t quite sure what to say, so he waited for her to break the silence first.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

The familiar perfume of her companion swept a warm feeling through her spine. She enjoyed seeing him outside of the den, and as the days passed she noted that it was happening more often. This meant nothing of his recovery, possibly suggesting that his memories were being repressed, but still she felt as though the sunlight was good for him.

The days had grown warmer with the passing of their encounter at the dam, and her birthday after that. She'd tried to give him space afterwards, knowing how shaken he had been, and secretly maybe she needed the same. The pale girl had put a lot of thought into their interaction afterwards, playing it through her head on loop. The smile he gave her had haunted her memories, but had it truly been a sign? Of course not. She was a mere girl, clouded by cub's hope. Over analyzing it all had made her head hurt, which was why she had left the den in the first place.

She had almost forgotten the phantom scent, when her dandelion gaze met his. Allowing her frazzled appearance to settle, she managed a slow wad in greeting. "I thought I caught scent of a herd, but I guess I was wrong?" The explanation would hopefully sate his need for an answer, without having to divulge how crazy she thought she was.

What are you doing out here?" She questioned in an attempt to change the subject. Curiosity played on her features as she cocked her head lightly.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
LALALA I LOVE LAPELLA
It didn’t take his sunflower-eyed friend long to acknowledge his presence, her bright eyes focusing on his thin form as she turned to him. The confused expression she wore worried the healer for a moment, but the words that tumbled off her tongue quickly reassured him. He inhaled deeply, hoping to catch the scent of the herd Capella spoke of, but whatever had passed through had taken their scent with them. Lachesis didn’t doubt his friend’s nose, but he was unsure of where the scent she had followed originated from. His stomach grumbled softly at the thought of a fresh kill but XIX quickly dismissed it. “They m-must’ve already p-passed through,” he responded finally, voicing his thoughts with a slight tilt of his head. He wished they had lingered longer – the River wolves needed food. He needed food; Capella needed food. Gulping hard, the slender male redirected his attention to his friend, his pale gaze not once wavering from her pale figure.

“I c-came to see you.” The words left his mouth before he could stop them, his eyes quickly falling away from her. He had come specifically to be with his friend, as the boy was tired of being alone – and he especially did not want to be alone on his birthday. He had struggled with the loss of his closest friend, and her absence was something he was still trying desperately to get over. But, in the process, he had been playing tug of war with Capella. Some days he would crave her presence and want her to be constantly at his side; and then there were other days where XIX would put as much distance as possible between himself and her. It wasn’t fair to her. She had done everything possible to ensure that he was comfortable during his grieving – she had even joined his pack – and he had done nothing but push her away. It wasn’t right.

“I’m s-sorry, Pella,” he murmured suddenly, allowing his cracked voice to break the silence once more. His gaze was still focused on the ground as his ears flicked back against his skull.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

Offering a slight nod, she felt relief swimming down her spine. Lachesis had barely even touched on the subject, allowing it to pass along with the wind. Why had she been so worried before? Maybe she honestly thought she was insane, but that didn't make sense either. Truly crazy wolves weren't supposed to know they weren't of sane mind, right? Not knowing the answer bothered her more than it should have; So much so that she considered asking Lach what he thought, but decided against it. There was no point in delving any deeper. Whether she was or was not shouldn't effect her anymore then it already had.

"Is everything ok?" Their game of hot and cold was a constant struggle. Sometimes she could swear he craved her attention; Positive that things were getting better, and the next he wanted nothing to do with her. She'd sat idle each time he'd attempted to medicate himself, watched him tremble uncontrollably through the night. There had yet to be a time she hadn't wished to move closer to him, tell him he wasn't alone, but she never did. What would happen then? Would he ask her to leave? Capella didn't want to know. Her greatest fear was losing him, and yet she felt as though she already had.

“I’m s-sorry, Pella,” Dandelion eyes traced his thinning sides, searching for a reason he had to be sorry. Finding none, worry creased her forehead, and she took a step towards him. Not too close of course, never too close anymore. "Sorry?" Her voice was barely audible, masked by the wind, but she knew he would be able to hear.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Everything was not okay, but he had to pretend it was. He had to pretend everything was normal and that he was normal. As much as he wanted to be selfish and wallow in his own self-pity, he couldn’t. Not anymore. Nineteen had been depressed for far too long; Anastasia would have hated to see him like this. She would have been angry with him for being so down on himself and bringing those around him down as well. Lachesis had always been the one to make others happy – now he was doing the exact opposite. And it wasn’t right.

Without a second thought the slender male closed the distance between them, breaking the wall that had developed between them since his return from the mountain. He pressed his shoulder against hers, his chin resting in the small of her back as he breathed in her familiar scent. The healer couldn’t understand why he had tried so hard to push her away. It didn’t make sense – then again, nothing really made sense anymore.

He didn’t respond right away. Instead he enjoyed the comfort of her warm, summery scent. Being close to her was all that mattered to the thin male – especially on today of all days. “It’s my b-birthday and I didn’t w-wanna be alone,” he finally responded with his chin still resting on her back. He didn’t want there to be distance between them anymore; he always wanted to be close to her. She was all that he had left, and he didn’t want to chase her away with the cold shoulder.

‘Sorry?’ At the single word Lachesis pulled his chin off her back, his pale eyes searching for her bright, sunflower orbs as he kept his shoulder pressed to hers. I’m sorry for being a complete pain in the ass, he wanted to say, but his lips refused to form the words. “Thank you,” he murmured instead with his ears pressed to his skull, “for sticking by me, and h-helping me. With everything.”

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young pronghorn has fallen behind its herd and starved in the snow. +5 Health
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

Shock laced her pale form as Lachesis broke the wall between them. In reality, the space had only been a few tail lengths, but to her it was an entire continent. His chin connected with her spine, forcing a shiver to crawl through her skin. Why now? Why after she had tried so hard to keep her distance, did he finally make a breakthrough? Throwing caution to the wind, she decided not to care. If only for the moment, he wanted her close, and she reveled in his scent. The familiar perfume coursed through her olfactory system, and if they were being honest, her heart might have thrummed a bit faster alongside the warmth that spread from his touch.

His birthday? She hadn't known. Shame filled her eyes, while regret pooled behind her lids. "Happy birthday Lach" The words fell from her lips, as she dipped a pale head towards his side, nuzzling against the thick fur. The feeling was familiar; Almost normal, but who was she to hope? Capella knew that things would be harder after this; When he pushed her away, it would only be more difficult to give him space. There was no time to think on it though, as he pulled himself away.

She held his gaze with feigned confidence then, too afraid of what she would find. "I'm never leaving." Her tone was serious, yet trickling with a warmth she hadn't felt in some time. Backing up her statement, she pressed her muzzle into his side once more. Lach was everything; He had always been everything.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Even though the gesture was simple, having Capella’s pale fur mingle with his own was enough to soothe the troubled boy’s heart. His mind, although still racing, was numb to his haunting thoughts and was able to focus on what was happening now as opposed to what already had happened many weeks ago. He couldn’t allow himself to be consumed by the memories of Anastasia on the mountain – he was slowly losing himself, and it had taken him this long to notice. The lanky healer was in utter shock that his sunflower-eyed friend had stayed so loyally at his side through all of his pain; even when he had pushed her away, both mentally and physically, she remained.

Her voice brought a smile to his dark, cracked lips; his gaze lingering on hers for a moment. Pressing his nose to her cheek the slender male breathed in her familiar scent and couldn’t help but wonder why he had pushed her away so frequently. This was what he needed, not the solitude that he had confined himself to. Idiot. He swallowed hard, choking down a whine as it threatened to roll of his tongue. The next set of words to fall from her tongue took him by surprise – he pulled his maw away from her so he could focus his pale gaze on the ground. His forepaws shuffled awkwardly in the dirt; he was touched by what she had said. And he believed it – he knew that Capella wouldn’t leave him.

“I will never leave you,” he responded, voice void of the stuttering that plagued his previous words. He meant every word that dripped off his tongue; he would stay by her side until she no longer wanted him there. Not like you left Ana, right? The snooty voice in the back of his mind taunted him, its melancholy purr snapping his attention away from Capella temporarily.

No – he had to move on. He had to.

“I j-just feel so lost… all the time. I f-feel…” the words stammered uncontrollably off his tongue before he could stop them – he didn’t know why he was saying the things he was saying, they just kept spewing out… “I f-feel like I abandoned her. A-and you t-tried to help me… and I just p-pushed you away. I’m so sorry, Pella…” Word vomit; uncontrollable word vomit.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae

She'd be damned if she didn't catch the lack of a stutter on his tongue. Bold, reassuring, true; She knew it in her very soul. Somehow her Lachesis had broken through, found his voice amongst the waves that plagued them. It was a melody that played against her ears for only a moment before it was vanished; Replaced by the usual stammering that stole his tongue.

Dandelion eyes watched as he went through the motions, taking a step forward in acknowledging their losses. Initially she hesitated afraid of the conversation that stood before them. Now was the time to crack the eggshells underneath of her paws, and maybe start walking on solid ground, but how? This was already a big step for both of them, and Capella was terrified of ruining it. Finding her voice, she began, admittedly a little too harsh at first. "Stop." Her gaze searched his, as she begged him to stop. There would be no apologies tonight. "I know you wouldn't have left her up there Lach. Not until you had already searched high and low for her." Pausing for a second, she gauged his reaction. "And if you would have stayed, called for her any longer..." You wouldn't have come back, you wouldn't be here for me. It was selfish, she knew, but maybe she was allowed one greedy thought.

"I don't know how.. but someday we will find ourselves again. Please don't apologize." She couldn't handle letting him feel the weight upon his shoulders.