(See All?) Announcements
635 Users Online
Google, Aven, Bing

Pleasant (or not) Reunion — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 194 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
According to this new thing of every lone wolf getting deducted 10 health points every activity check, I decided to speed up our plot :) hope you don't mind. I was thinking they could meet, and hopefully if everything goes well, she can take him to OTB?
@Jessie

"Speech."

He had succumbed to the curse.

There was no other way around it. Swearing his loyalty to Elettra hadn't done it, changing his name hadn't done it, so how the hell could he get rid of it? Kasai sighed, his muzzle hanging low, grief one of the many emotions running through his body at the moment. It was in his blood, he guessed. One day, he was faithfully guarding Willow Ridge borders, the next, he found himself on the edge of Relic Lore. He didn't give one look back. Not for the pups, not for his pack, and not for Jessie.

Jessie.

Images of the woman that had consumed his thoughts for the past few weeks emerged in his head once again. Her green eyes, her compassion and love she held for kids, her fiery temper. "Jessie," he groaned softly as he continued to stare at the snow covered ground at his feet. The handsome wolf couldn't help but let a whine slip through his muzzle. How could he have just up and forgotten about her? Sure, they weren't in the same pack, so he wasn't for sure if she knew of his cowardliness, but, they had...something. Something he couldn't quite put his paw on. The only thing he was sure of, was that not only had he failed himself, but her as well.

He lifted his head slowly. He looked at the expanse of land in front of him. This was Relic Lore--the land he was bred in, the land he was born in, and the land he had lost his family but had eventually regained it, in. His snow covered paw lifted slowly, extending it cautiously in a forward motion. Was he really ready for this? Was he at a point in his life, that he could give loyalty and not fail them? Taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, the wolf who was now known as Hotei once again, finished his first step into his new life.

He took another. And then another. His tail was lifted high, and so was his posture. He knew he was ready for this. It was time. Time to amend his failures, to right his wrongs, to find Jessie, and most of all, to get rid of this damn curse once and for all.

The days had gotten colder. He could feel himself getting weaker day by day. He no longer scented prey, not even the smell of a meager rat. Not to mention he was tired. Oh so tired. All he wanted to do was curl up in a ball of warmth and go to sleep. His nights were consumed with his own shivering body and clattering teeth. He hadn't had a peaceful night's sleep in what felt like ages. Probably was. His thinning physique was evidence that he needed to find a pack. And soon.

His muzzle took in the scent of a pack nearby as he noticed a large frozen body of water. His mouth was suddenly incredibly dry. He'd make sure to stay far away from this pack, but he just needed a quick drink. As Hotei drew closer to a part of the frozen creek, he was glad he scented no one familiar. As cowardly as it sounded, he didn't want to encounter someone familiar just yet.

He lifted a paw, and brought it down full force onto the iced over water. He kept bringing his paw down until the ice mercifully broke and his head quickly met its icy depths. The water was cool and refreshing and his muzzle was soon drenched. But even then, he kept drinking. He didn't know when he would be able to take a drink like this again.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2014, 08:39 PM by Hotei.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
[Image: hashtags-jessiehotei02.png]
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Over the past weeks Jessie had been desperately searching for anything that she could bring back to her family. Constantly she was looking for some prey to bring back to the children because she knew that now they would definitely need more food to help them grow. She was not looking for more food, wondering into Cold Water Creek, a little too close to the Red Fern Forest for her tastes, but she knew that she had to push herself out of her comfort zone in order to provide for her family, which she would do anything for anyway, but right now she would not dare step foot into that haunted forest. Speaking of haunted, her gaze snapped towards where she was sure she saw a form in the shadows. It looked as if he were near water, which he probably was, but she had no way of knowing for sure, but she was almost positive that what she had seen was Hotei, her love. She was almost positive that it could not have been possible though, because he would have been in Willow Ridge during the winter so that he would be safe.

None the less, Jessie needed to know for herself and hesitantly approached the dark figure in the shadows. When she could see the form better, she let out a soft gasp at the sight before her. It was indeed the Tainn, his burnt form a picture forever permanent in her eyes. Even though he showed more skin than fur, he was still the most handsome of men she had ever seen in her life, and even though she should be angry at him for being here, she couldn't help but feel that familiar pull towards him. Wondering if he even knew that she was there, the woman approached him on shaky legs, her muzzle running against his thinner side until she reached where he was taking his fill in drinking. Taking the chance to do so and knowing that she did not need to announce herself, she leaned down and drank her fill before turning her emerald eyed gaze back towards him and spoke in a calm voice, "What are you doing here...?" Jessie knew that now he was here there was no way that he could get back over the mountains, she had seen the blockage for herself and briefly wondered how long he truly had been on this side of the mountain. Her eyebrows crunched together in concern as she looked over his thinner body and finally bet his yellow orbs with her own questioning green ones.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
Forcing myself to put this on major priority! He's like my litle newborn, I can't let him die now can I? :D

OC: His ears were pricked in attention as he continued to drink. But he didn't really need his ears to tell him Jessie was near. As soon as she stepped into these lands that the creek ran through, his fur prickled. He was aware of her every move, whether he wanted to be or not. She came close, and her muzzle ran across his side. He didn't jump, for he knew it was the beautiful Swiftpaw that held his heart. Hotei stopped lapping the cool water, stopping to watch his green eyed mate take her fill.

He drank her in like a man that hadn't seen the light of day in months. She was still as beautiful as ever, though thinner then when he had seen her last. He remembered heartache in that memory and flinched as he dwelled on it. Lifting his head to a normal position, he sat down on his haunches. She opened her maw and asked him what he was doing here. He didnt have the heart to lie to her, nor the guts. A look of concentration came onto his features as he pondered the best way to tell her he was a downright coward. He almost snorted in anger of himself.

Looking at her, he made his eyes connect with hers. "I left Willow Ridge, and ultimately the Lore. I recently returned as the freeze set in, on this side of the mountain. Left really isn't the appropriate word, more like abandoned." His gaze left hers, and looked at the wintry land surrounding them. A growl of frustration and anger left him then. Directed at himself. For he was the one that left Willow Ridge for no rhyme or reason. He was the one that abandoned not only @Elettra and her pups, but the whole pack. Semananti, Guiness..the list could go on.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
She did not move from her position beside him, enjoying his presence while she could. Their last meeting had not been a fun one and had left the familiar ache in her soul. Her mind did wander as to why he was here, taking its journey back to her recent discovery. She knew that the mountains were still covered in snow and that Hotei couldn't have taken the trip recently, there was no possible way that he could've done such a task. Moving her eyes to lock with his, they stared into one anothers' souls for many moments, her heart pounding quickly in her chest as they stared at one another, until finally his response came to her. She tried not to wince with his words, a bitter reminder of what he once done to her when he had left Swift River, one of the reasons as to why she had suggested their separation those many months ago. Closing her eyes briefly to clear her head, she took a deep breath and turned away from him to look back into the broken lake, something which easily reflected her heart.

Looking at his reflection in the ice, she opened her mouth to speak, her voice coming out with a hint of annoyance in them, ignorant to any anger that he might harbor and not truly caring, "You happen to be making a habit of that lately, yes?" She was so tired of hearing how he had deserted them. First his family, then her, and now this other pack. She didn't understand how he could do such and thing, but this winter was going to be harsh and if he remained a lone wolf, he would surely die and Jessie wouldn't be able to do anything to stop it. He had once promised to never hurt her, but he had shattered that promise more than once and now it was hanging in shambles. Clenching her jaw to keep from shouting in anger, she waited for his response.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
I say just let it all out. Warning for some language...

OC: This time he didn't let the hurt her words cause to show on his face. What appeared was the emotion that he was beginning to feel increasingly familiar with - anger. Not at himself this time, but at her. A small growl rumbled in his chest, showing his dissatisfaction. "I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for your input, yes?" In essence, he was mocking her. Hotei was letting his anger take control and that was necer good. But he needed to get this out. They both did.

He stared at her, his yellow orbs that usually held warmth in her presence, now quickly darkening with his simmering anger. Not giving her a chance to respond, he continued. "Do you think we enjoy sabotaging our relationship, love? Me breaking my promises, you, as logical as it was, making the decision for us to seperate. It fucking hurt, you know that? But you already know that don't you? For you feel the same ache." The words were just pouring from his maw with absolutely no filter and even more was yet to come.

"Even though our love is practically in shambles for all the shit I put us through, I know you still harbor feelings for me." He was unbelievably close now. He had always towered over her and right now it made it incredibly easy to stare her down. His eyes were challenging as they locked with hers and he opened his maw one final time. "Tell me Jessie. Tell me you don't love me." So I can leave and just die, for that is surely what would happen. Your the only thing that's holding me down, and in every sense of the word, keeping me sane. If I lose you..I have nothing left.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Totally thought of Phantom when I read your post.

----------------

Jessie should not have been surprised by his retaliation, but she was unprepared for how much anger he could harbor and instantly took a step back from him. She could feel her pulse racing but today it was not out a of fear, but pure adrenaline. She listened to his words...their words in curiosity, finding joy in knowing that Burn was still in this man...the one that seemed so broken all those months ago without his darker half...and now here he was, the one that always gave Jessie a thrill when she needed it. Those months of wishing for the man that was both light and dark was over, for he was now here in front of her, mocking her, just like the first time Jessie had seen Burn. He called her out, but she remained silent, her emerald green eyes watching his movements, just in case he decided to touch her or push her over the edge. With his last words the Swiftpaw woman remained silent and pointedly avoided the question. She knew she still loved him, but she definitely wouldn't dare tell him that.

Moving closer to him, she peered into his yellow eyes once more, their challenging stare piercing through her head. Clearing her throat, she spoke evenly, her tone calm, 'This winter has been hard on everyone...where will you be staying?" In a way, she was answering his question without ever saying the words. If she had to, she would bring him back to Triell and Corinna to gather their thoughts on the matter. She knew that if Ice returned she would be in deep shit for bringing him back, but she knew the white man, and he was still close to her heart as well. Never could she imagine hurting him...or her love. She clung onto the hope that one day she would not have to chose between her white Guardian and the burnt man in front of her.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
Hotei Tainn

He heard her question, but chose to stay silent for the time being. Hotei had noticed how she had stepped back from him. At first, he thoughtit was of fear, but then he had noticed the look in her eyes. Over his time away from the Lore, his memories of his later ego were slowly coming together. He now knew and remembered the times his alter ego, Burn, came out. Burn was now gone..but not entirely. The entities that had before been seperate, were now completely one.

During this thought process, he had looked away from Jessie, their soul searching eye contact broken. He was now ataring at the frozen lake and from his periphals, the surrounding winter wonderland. Though nowadays, you couldn't really describe this winter as a 'wonder.' It was harsh, harsher than he had ever known a winter to be. The cold was getting so at times he could barely keep his teeth from chattering. Her question to him popped into his mind. He now was thinking clearly, his mind no longer clouded in vicious red.

Hotei turned his gaze to his beloved, or should he say, ex beloved since he didn't really knew where they stood with each other. His deep timbre rumbled through him as he opened his maw. "Nowhere, for now. But eventually, hopefully, I will find a pack to take me in. Either for the winter or forever, I don't know. Its not yet clear in my head. Nowadays, nothing is." If it was just a regular wolf, he never would have admitted such vulnerability of the mind. But this was Jessie, and she was no regular wolf.

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Jan 28, 2014, 09:12 PM by Hotei.)
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She did not know why she had asked the question, but it had easily slipped from her lips without second thought. The Swiftpaw didn't know what she would do if she received the answer that she was hoping for, but wisely kept such things to herself. He was no longer looking at her, and she felt the sharp sting of rejection deep within her heart as she looked at the scarred male in front of her. He had been through so much and she had done close to nothing to help him. She was a failure when it came to trying to understand him, and anyone else and she had desperately tried to make it her duty to help when she could, but she was certainly no Advisor, and she definitely was not skilled in the art of helping. The hunted and she tracked and that was just about all she could do. She found that if she tried to love, she would have no such luck, because everything would eventually have been taken away from her. Hotei was just one example, but so was Cali and Brenton....and Ice. Where had he ended up going to?

When her lover's answer came to her, she inhaled sharply, going as far to gently touch his shoulder with her muzzle. She couldn't find the words that she wanted to speak, and eventually when they did, they were unsure, but pleading, "Perhaps you can come back with me....and seek entrance into Oak Tree Bend." She wanted him to stay with her desperately, she wanted to be able to redeem herself for not being what he needed, she would be what he needed should he ask anything of her. Lowering her head slightly, she gently pushed her small form against his chest, regretting the words that came out of her mouth, in fear that she would be reprimanded for them, "You must remember that I belong to you...and that I love you...but you know I can't leave my family behind. If there is one thing that I am not, it would be a liar, and you know that very well. MY mouth gets me into more trouble than I like to admit." It had after all, been one of the reasons that Burn had fallen in love with her. He had loved her little quirks every one and awhile and Jessie had enjoyed teasing him every once in awhile for falling in love with a woman who wouldn't bow before him....when really, it was Jessie who would bow down and worship him if she ever had the chance, but again, she would have never let him know that.

Dawnthieves.de, somestock @ DA & candyhorse @ DA - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2014, 04:02 AM by Jessie.)
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
@Jessie

1 more post from you and we can wrap this up! :)

Hotei Tainn

He was deep in his thoughts, and the only thing that ripped him out of them was the sharp inhale that had left Jessie's maw. He was about to look at her, to see if something was wrong, when she pressed her muzzle against his shoulder. Looking down, he waited patiently for Jessie to speak. He knew she was just thonking her words through, so he waited patiently, no matter how much he wanted to pull her close and inhale her scent like a man in great need for his fix. When Jessie finally spoke, her words sounded unsure, but was that pleading he had heard in her tone? And did he hear her right? Was she actually inviting him to her home? Before he could try to scramble for a reply in his shock, she ambled closer until she was pressed against his chest. Momentarily, his mind went blank.

His only thoughts were of Jessie and good it felt to be once again this close to her. Not able to hold back any longer, he lowered his head as she continued to speak. He tucked her closer, and his muzzle bent to breathe her in. Her scent was just as intoxicating as always. Stopping his movements, he couldn't help but resignedly sigh to her words. It was true, even if he had trouble admitting it. No matter how much he would love to spirit Jessie away, he knew she would never do it. She held too much loyalty, something he both craved and admired but at the same time abhorred. His tongue moved against the fur he could reach, gently grooming her for he did not know what to respond to her. As he finally pulled away from their embrace, he nudged her head up with his own muzzle so he could look into her eyes. "I am yours just as you are mine. And I love you...more than anything." Smiling at her slightly, his smile slowly formed into a smirk. Pulling away slowly, he spoke once again, a bit of his assholish side of his personality shining through. "Now, enough of this mushy shit, love. Don't you have a place to lead me to?" Even in his mean teasing, he still managed to throw an endearment in there and there was no mistaking the light in his eyes. A mixture of hope and the love he held for her deep in his soul.

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2014, 02:05 PM by Hotei.)
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She remained still, basking in his presence and silence, and hoping that it would not be the last. Jessie knew what she was risking here, it was her family, or it was nothing and she had made that perfectly clear to the Tainn standing in front of her. She didn't want him to leave, but she also knew that he had the freedom to make whatever choices that he would have to make. She could feel her heart pounding heavily in her chest, almost begging her to be completely wrong. He would stay with her...she knew she had to think positively, but she just couldn't bring herself to remember all the let downs she had accumulated over the years, including quite a few from Hotei himself. So when he finally did give her an answer, she released a breath that she hadn't realized that she had been holding. When he finally did pull away, the Swiftpaw's eyes flickered up to his, a large grin spreading across her face with his reply. She would be ready for this, no matter what, and she knew that in the end everything would be alright with him by her side.

Pouncing energetically she happily started their way to her lands. Hopefully, if all went well at the borders, Hotei would once again be a part of her family. If he was not welcomed back, Jessie would have to understand and once again send him on his way. It wasn't something that she particularly liked doing and she knew that if that were to happen, it would crush her and any happiness that she was sure remained in her already bitter heart. She had no desires to take the throne of Oak Tree Bend and was perfectly fine where she was. Where was Ice anyway? He had after all, been her only sunshine when everything around her had seemed dark. Trying to shake away these odd feelings, the Scout rushed on, eager to find the answer the questions she had asked months ago.

Dawnthieves.de, somestock @ DA &candyhorse @ DA - Table by PuppyThief