508 Users Online
Bing, Google, Lillia

I'm always standing in your light — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok
A few rounds with @Catori before he calls for anyone <3

Adrenaline coursed through his veins, as it had since he first caught the scent of sweet cherry trees. From the Orchard it had been a straight shot home; Half running the entire way. Moss colored eyes searched once more for his companion, elated to see her equally dark pelt dancing across the horizon. He was here, after weeks of traveling through unfamiliar territories, and a brief stop at Whisper Caverns. It had taken him weeks of wandering, with a constant war ranging in his mind whether he was truly trying to return or not, and now the journey had finally ended. Home. The word made him feel sick. How much had changed in the weeks he had been missing? How were they going to take to him being back? There was so much he didn't know, and to be honest, he wasn't sure if he was even ready.

He waited for her to catch up, quietly finding the words. "What if they hate me?" The question was directed at her, hoping she'd hold all of the answers but in truth none of them did. Ashton was stuck, his paws too anxious to cross the borders. Was he even allowed past them anymore? The scent of Secret Woodlands was fading from his coat, taking on the illusions of a loner. What if Hollow turned him away, afraid that he was just like his father? And then everything made sense. Ashton was exactly like Koda, leaving without a single goodbye. He hated himself for it, hated everything once more.

Played by Maeby who has 45 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Catori Algoma
While Catori was fast, her stamina wasn't what it could be. She was tired. He had her running after him for quite some time now.. She would normally have made an effort to complain about this, but something was different about him now. He was obviously very scared. Very worried.

"What if they hate me?"

She didn't really know how to respond at first, not knowing any of them after all. "Ashton..." She nuzzled against his neck in hopes to comfort him even somewhat. "I'm positive they won't hate you. They've probably been worried about you though." still catching her breathe, she thought about how weird it would be to meet these wolves. They clearly haven't seen him in a while.. And he was returning with some strange outsider female? Was that even allowed? "You'll be fine." despite not knowing if she would be, she gave him what was supposed to be a reassuring smile. "You didn't come all this way for no reason after all, right?" Or maybe he did, He never really told her the story of when and why he left. He never really told her anything now that she thought of it, she didn't know a single name to any of the wolves she was about to meet, let alone anything about them. What would she say? She didn't have the heart to actually go through with it, but she felt as if she should of just made a run for it then and there. That wouldn't help him at all though, and she cared about him to much. She couldn't make him go through whatever this was alone."Come on, you can do it.." speaking softly to him, giving him a gentle nudge forward.
Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok

Familiar territory was all that lay in front of him now, and yet he found the scent so foreign. His paws had walked the very ground beneath his feet more times than he could count, but this all felt wrong. Her head connected with his neck and before he could even register what happened a warmth spread down his spine. This Catori was so different from the one he had met in the forest only days ago; Her mood swings mellowing into a quiet reason, as wisdom fell off her tongue. "Thank you." But he was selfish. The boy was so concerned with himself that he had forgotten to ask her if she even wanted this. Secret Woodlands was their destination, but was it her home?

"Are you.. coming too? You don't have to. I know being a part of a pack means losing your freedom." Ashton refused to sugar coat the words, letting her know how he truly felt. Here in Secret Woodlands he would be trapped once more, but it was all he knew. Within the thicket there were responsibilities to uphold, duties to be taken care of. It was no walk in the park, but considering what he had gone through on his own, it was the better end of the deal. He still had a lot to learn before he could try again, if he ever did, and when that day came he would tell everyone about it. They would know where he was headed rather than being left to worry.

Inactive VI. Yearling
Catori Algoma
"You don't have to thank me." She tilted her head to the side. "Only saying what I think is true." She had hoped maybe she made him feel a little better, though she wasn't too sure. He still seemed just as nervous. She felt bad for him, she too was nervous, and it was certainly not the most comfortable feeling in the world.

"It was never really about freedom for me.. I just needed to get away from where I was.. I actually really like being in a pack.. It's comforting.. But I don't really have much to offer, so I'm not sure how easily your friends would take to it.. Or.." She paused. "Do you even want me here?" She never thought to ask, though she never thought about joining his pack either. He had invited her to join him on his journey home, but it never came to mind that he might have been talking about something a little more long term than a few days worth of walking around. Maybe he wasn't though, maybe he was just curious as to what she planned on doing from here on out. If she didn't come with him she would just be alone again, she didn't want to be alone again. There where other wolves she's met that she was sure she could travel with if it came down to it, but they didn't really have anything on Ashton. "Because if you don't.. I can go..." She tried not to sound sad, if she sounded sad he would probably tell her to stay out of pity. This needed to be something he wanted.
Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok

He understood all too well what she meant by needing to get out. When he had planned on leaving with Bane, it wasn't for the adventure. They didn't want to leave for the freedom it could bring them, nor the thrill of wondering what tomorrow would bring. At least for Ashton, the joy was in getting away; Leaving behind all of his memories, and finding solace in a new life. Unfortunately his time away from the thicket's comforting embrace did not shower peace upon him. Instead he found himself worrying over the smallest things, becoming paranoid more often than not. At least until Catori stormed up to him, demanding answers he didn't have. Things weren't so bad after that, but the craving for home never left.

Mulling over her words, he played out the various scenarios in his head. Reaching an impasse he battled between the evils. Asking her to leave would seal their fate, never crossing paths again. Begging her to stay would force him to grovel, and Ashton Hervok was not that kind of wolf. The aspiring guardian began, hoping to find a nice medium, and leaving the final choice up to her. "I think you should stay, and if it becomes too much for you then you're free to leave." He managed without sounding desperate. Honestly, the boy wanted Catori to remain with them, but he could not hold her prisoner. If she wanted to leave; Find her own happiness then she was free to do whatever she pleased. "If you're worried about offering something, don't you know about medicine? If not, I'm sure your good at hunting. I mean you were alone before you ran into me right? You couldn't have been living off of sticks." He added a touch of humor to the last bit, hoping to lift her spirits as well as his own.

Inactive VI. Yearling
Catori Algoma
"Are you sure you really feel that way? I would love to stay, I really would.. But I could leave.. I don't want to intrude.. especially if I'm not wanted.. You know..?" His original answer wasn't satisfying enough to her. He did say he thought she should stay, how do you get clearer than that? She wasn't sure but she knew she needed to feel more convinced than this. Being a life changing decision after all, it was very important for her to feel welcome.

"I am familiar with medicine yes, I was the only one in my pack left who knew anything about that kind of stuff so I kinda became their 'medicine man'" That was what they called her, although she wasn't a man at all. The term kind of always irked her a little. "Of course I didn't live off of sticks!" She wheezed. "I'm fast.. And I'm pretty strong.. But I'm not very good at being fast and strong for long periods of time... So I can hunt, but I have sort of a limit..." groaning, Catori knew that didn't sound as good as it could have. The members of this pack would never let her stay here, even if Ashton wanted it after all. "I don't really know how joining a pack works.. I was born into my last one... I didn't need any outstanding qualities or anything..." The wolf was internally freaking out, the more she thought about it the more terrified she became. What if the pack leader just told her no? Told her she couldn't stay, that she had to leave? What then? Would Ashton stay with them still..? Of course he would.. And she would look like an idiot walking away.
Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok

Admitting defeat, Ashton bowed his head. "I'd like you to stay." Barely audible, he let the words fall from his tongue. If only Danica were here to see this, she'd have a heart attack. The great Ashton Hervok bowing down to another. "I mean, your welcome to stay." This time his voice was more intent, heightening a notch or two in an attempt to lift her spirits.

"My mother is good with medicine too, so you have that in common, and it's always useful to have more than one medic around." He beamed, knowing his mother couldn't pass down the girl who held a common interest. "You don't have to be the best at anything, as long as you show her you want to be here, and can help provide for the pack." A reassuring smile crossed his features, hoping that luck would be on her side tonight.

As for how to join a pack, Ashton wasn't completely sure. Wolves had come to their borders before, seeking shelter, but he'd never really been there to see it. Especially after the disasters hit, opting to stay as far from the others as he could. During that time he had spent far too much time alone. Time that could have been spent learning things like this. After giving it some thought, he began. "As long as you mind your body language, there shouldn't be a problem. Don't make eye contact, and all of that. Just like you'd do with your superiors in any pack." He hoped he was right, after all, you only get one chance to make a first impression.

Inactive VI. Yearling
Catori Algoma

She nodded and smiled at him, although still nervous, she felt a little better by his words. He had even bowed his head. She'd only known him for a short amount of time but even that was enough for her to know that Ashton was not one to bow before others. "I'd really love to.. Thank you..."

"Is she?" Having something in common with the pack leader was surely better than nothing. "I have to be honest, I'm not actually to much into medicine myself.. Like I wouldn't consider it to be a hobby or anything, but I know a lot about it.. It was kind of important to my father that I took on his practice.. But that's definitely a start I mean.." her mood brightened just a touch. "I'll try my best.. And I'll keep the body language thing in mind.." Shouldn't be too hard, Catori was raised to respect those above her. Don't make eye contact, keep your ears lowered, tail tucked, hell.. If she had to she's expose her damn belly! Though she'd prefer to not appear that pathetic the first time they met.

"Alright well.... Back to you... Are you feeling okay?" She had completely stolen the spotlight from him for her own selfish reasons, he was probably more of a wreck than she. "Do you want to go find her now or do you need another minute?" speaking softly, he probably needed a lot of support. "We can stay here until you're completely ready. We've made it this far, it's not like this place is going anywhere."

Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok

@Nina @Miccah

Offering her a slight nod, he could tell that she was feeling at least a touch more at ease. Maybe it was the bit he threw in about his mother's medical skills, but then again it might have been another reason entirely. Regardless, Ashton was happy that he could help. "You'll be fine." His mother wouldn't run her off, she couldn't, could she? This girl was no loner, stumbling upon the thicket. The aspiring guardian had brought her here, promised her a home. What would he do in the even that she was sent away? No. He couldn't think on it, not now with so much at stake. If they had to, they would cross that bridge when they got there, but as of yet they were too far out to see it.

'Are you feeling okay?' His stomach had twisted itself into knots, his paws were tingling, and his head begged him to turn away now, but he'd never admit it. "Of course." Ashton was fine, he was always fine. Her offer of just a few more minutes was tempting, but there was no way he could take her up on it. Somewhere past the borders, his mother was probably worried sick. Hollow probably had a search party out for him, and Koda.. Well Koda probably didn't care. "I'm ready." Taking a deep breath, he allowed a deep howl to echo from his throat. It carried through the trees, high up into the sky. Melodic, and sorrowful, he hoped his mom would answer.

Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
Sorry I took ages guys. @Ashton @Catori

Everything was going as smoothly as it could, concerning the circumstances. Miccah was of course still worried about Hollow and Ashton, wondering if they had somehow escaped the blizzard, but he had other tasks he now had to be burdened with. But, the faint hope that they would return never wavered. The call had caught him off gaurd, for it had sounded slightly faniliar. But who could it be? His bulk weaving through the dense thicket, he tried to quicken his pace to see who was at his borders. They had called for Nina, but he was the leader of Secret Woodlands as well, so it was his duty to show up and investigate. The coal colored man moved silently through the undergrowth, a skill he had come to hone from many hours on the borders, no matter the time. As he came closer to where he had percieved the howl to come from, Miccah stopped in his tracks. Their were two scents, but one he knew in particular.

Stepping away from the shadows of the thickets, the mysterious alpha made his presence known. Lifting his black banner high, Miccah opened his maw. "Ashton?," he questioned semi-incredously. Was this really @Nina's boy he was seeing?

His stance showed his position as an alpha, and he stayed silent, waiting for the boy to process what would probably come off as a shock. Last time he was home, Hollow had been King. But times had changed. After what Miccah had deemed a respectable time to continue, his blue orbs made their way to the girl beside Nina's child. Giving the girl a kind but firm nod in greeting, he turned his attention back to Ashton. "Your friend?," he rumbled in a neutral manner. He didn't want to take the risk of offending Ashton, nor his lady friend.