(See All?) Announcements
519 Users Online
Bing, Google

A Breath of Life — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Silvia who has 133 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint
(OOC-RE-Secret Woodlands, a part of your den collapses, trapping someone inside. @Catori and Rayne are the trapped wolves fellow pack members! Try and get them out as quickly and safely as possible! @Miccah @Nina @Coal @Iopah @Anouke @Aideen @Kashikoi @Semira @Koda @Mirren @Bane @Ashton )

It was nearly evening when the den’s entrance caved in. It happened so suddenly and Rayne wasn’t sure what had happened at first. He had been sleeping when the first signs of warning to begun and it was only when a resounding CRACK of dirt and stone crashed down, did Rayne’s amber fly open and a gasp of surprise escape him. Frantic eyes searched for the reason for the loud noise, his sleepy brain not yet awake enough to process what happened yet.

Eventually, his eyes drifted over the wall where the entrance once was and Rayne furrowed his brow in confusion as he stared at the wall, his brain slowly waking up enough to realise what had become of the pack den. His breath caught in his throat, not because he feared small spaces or the darkness. No, he was worried that someone had been caught in the rubble that was finally settling. Thankfully, he had been placed towards the back of the den, so no-one had to worry about tripping over him and his injured leg as they entered to sleep, making him safe from it. But as he frantically looked around for any evidence that anyone else was within the den with him, his eyes landed on a small figure curled up nearby.

”Are you alright?” Rayne cried out worriedly, cursing his broken leg and its inability to hold any weight and thus preventing him from rushing over to the form nearby. To check on them and see if they were alright. ”You’re not hurt are you?”

(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2014, 02:15 PM by Rayne.)
Played by Maeby who has 45 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Catori Algoma

Of course the one day she decided to nap was the day something disastrous would happen. Catori was uncivilly awoken by a rather large cacophony, she quickly rose her head and began to examine her new home. Everything appeared fine until her gaze landed towards the entrance, that's when terror hit her. It couldn't of been... Part of the den collapsed?! How could that of happened?

”Are you alright?” She couldn't breathe. ”You’re not hurt are you?” Why couldn't she breathe?

A few moments passed before she could finally let out a reaction. "No... No! Oh no!" She cried, jumping up to the rubble that was keeping them trapped inside. "No no no!!!" She had begun digging, but soon found her efforts would come to no prevail. "I... How do we get out?! Should I yell??" She whimpered, looking at her elder for answers he probably didn't have. Poor guy. Catori was horrible under stress, and if anything he should of been the one freaking out, not her. He seemed to be in horrible physical condition.

Where was Ashton? She wanted to howl for him but decided to wait for the other wolfs response. She didn't want to spook him after all. Plus, as soon as Ashton found out about what happened he'd notice she was inside right? 'He'll save us......right..?' She tried to reassure herself that the wolf at least cared enough about her to get her out of this mess. "What do we do...." she whispered, desperation lingering with each word.

(This post was last modified: Apr 24, 2014, 01:03 AM by Catori.)
Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
For once, the man was not at the borders. The day would soon come to a close, the sun already starting to set. The large brute had traversed through the territory, stopping here and there to talk to some of his family and hunting what he could, trying to fill the pack caches. Miccah had made the rare decision of calling it an early night, because for the past days the alpha had been up constantly. At the borders, checking in on his packmates and trying to make Nina as comfortable as he could while not breaching the careful distance they held with eachother, for she was soon due. They were not friends persay, nor confidantes, but he believed they were slowly coming to an understanding of eachother as equals. And he was okay with that. For now, at least.

As his weary paws carried him closer to the communal den where many slept, his blue orbs widened and his steps stilled. The entire entrance of the den had collapsed within itself! Immediately, Miccah quickened his pace as his body unfroze and began to move. Reaching the large area of rubble, he thought he could hear muffled voices but wasn't too sure. The alpha mentally ran through a list of his pack mates, trying to deduce if he had seen anyone desire to retire early and head in the direction of the pack den. The thought that one of his family was down there, possibly injured, or even worse, dead, made his blood run cold. Shaking himself to get rid of the emotions that brought within, he opened his maw. "Is anyone in there?!," he rumbled loudly, hoping that if someone was in there they could hear him. Starting to paw at the rubble, the man waited anxiously for an answer.
(This post was last modified: Apr 24, 2014, 02:21 PM by Miccah.)
Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre

The Young Hellion padded through the thicket, weaving through bushes and even sometimes having to turn around and find another route as his body was too large to fit through the tight spaces. But he didn’t mind as it made the day more interesting, trying to find his way around his present home. No, he didn’t have one place that he could call ‘home’ as he was a wandered, and could only call his place home when he was around others like himself. But the only wolf like him was on the other side of the mountain, and he had completed his mission, so now he was just biding his time, searching for others that could be useful to the both of them, before they met up on the mountain.

He paused as his nose picked up the scent trail of a wolf, a male, heading towards the pack den site. Usually he would have taken a rain check, but lately he had been getting very bored, and so turning his large bulk around, Anouke followed the trail. It did not take him long to traverse the thicket and spot a large, darkly furred male, carrying the scent he had been following. The male was standing before a caved in den, and he heard him call out, asking if there was anyone trapped inside before pawing at the rubble.

Ears twitching, he slowly padded up to the dark male, tail lowered to hang between his legs respectfully, and ears facing to the side, a look of concern upon his face, even though it wasn’t what he was really feeling. He could hear voices coming from inside as well as the scrabbling of claws against rock and dirt. Standing next to the male, he gently nudged him against the shoulder, before gazing at the destruction of the den. “If there is anyone inside, I will offer my services to help dig them out.” Anouke wasn’t being nice or helpful, he was doing it for his own sake, to further himself, and even if it meant he had to act nice, he would do it.

353 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.
Played by Pinn who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok

Readjusting to pack life was not difficult for Ashton, though he felt himself slipping in some areas. Since hearing the news about Hollow's disappearance, he had to rethink his future. Before the blizzard he had been so keen on emulating his father figure that he hadn't even considered another position, and now? Well, it was meaningless.

Somehow the day had passed him by, and already the sun was setting. Funny, the boy had yet to even attempt a patrol. Dragging out his return, he hoped to lure them all into a false sense of duty. Of course he had been marking the borders today, why else would it have taken him this long to make it back? Miccah's rumble carried on the wind, making it's way directly into Ashton's ears. "Is anyone in there?" In where? The alpha held an uneasy tone, causing adrenaline to begin coursing through the young heir's veins. Picking up his pace, the boy neared a sprint, all while cursing his stocky physique.

Once his gaze landed on Miccah, he was able to deduce the problem from destruction alone. Rubble stood in place where an opening should have been. How could the den collapse? Icicles tore at his chest, as the realization poured over him. There were wolves in there. Breathless, he moved to Miccah's unoccupied flank. "Who?" Without waiting to hear a list of names, Ashton sprung into action. Rough paws dug away at the Earth, becoming more frantic as muffled noises escaped from below.

Played by Steph who has 279 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Kite Tainn

Kite felt a contentedness and a happiness she had not felt in a long, long time. She had found a home, and with it, she had found something more. Or... well, something more had found her. Kite moved in a proud gait, but not one that assumed anything. She was a yearling in the scheme of things, and while she could certainly provoke others she would not intentionally do it without reason. The scent trail of other wolves had Kite eagerly switch her direction, prepared to meet others within the vicinity. Packmates. Her new family, as it would turn out to be...

But the air held a sense of panic.

Kite picked up the pace, and observed a wolf tearing at the earth. The way the dirt had yet to settle and pieces of land were asunder, Kite knew what had happened. In the Plains, this had occurred once after bad weather... the cubs and their mother, her aunt, had to move their den site due to it. But who was in there now...?

Kite watched as a wolf dug at the earth. and she rushed to his side. Careful! Hey, dig this way, Kite instructed, This has happened where I was once from... you want to do it to the side so the debris and dirt doesn't keep spilling in that direction, downward. Kite pivots her body, turning to the side and doing just as she had instructed. It was clear there were wolves down there, and she looked to the familiar face. Her tail waved as she noted that, but Kite gestured to the opposing side. She was not commanding him, or anyone, but Kite knew that idling would do nothing for these wolves. Kite was careful to keep her head low, unassuming in her stance. What she wanted to do was help.

Played by Silvia who has 133 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rayne Flint

"Hey now, it's going to be alright. Just try to breathe." Rayne tried to soothe the obviously distressed young wolf, keeping his tone of voice as calm as he could and the worry in his eyes carefully hidden so not to send the young fae into more of a panic then she already was. "I think it's heading towards night so the rest of the pack should be heading back to here anyway. We'll be fine, they'll figure out how to get us out and everything will be fine. Okay?" The words were meant to reassure him as much as her but from one simple look and how she had reacted to the cave in, Rayne knew there had to be at least one level head in this situation. Even if he was panicking as much on the inside as the girl was on the outside and his leg was beginning to pain him greatly again. No, he had to stay calm for the pup in front of him.

"Do me a favour okay? Come lay by my side." He coaxed her, his voice still steady and calm as he twitched his nose towards his side that didn't have the injured leg. He wasn't going to mention it was also the side that would hide her behind his bulk and shield her from any debris should the wall that was once the den entrance rumble again. "They'll probably dig through and I'd also rather not entertain the thought that there'll be another collapse if that happens. You might get caught in it." It was then he realised that he didn't know this yearling's name. In fact, as he introduced himself, Rayne realised that outside of a few wolves, he didn't know anyone else out of the pack. "I'm Rayne by the way. Rayne Flint. I'm a guardian in training for the pack. Might I have your name Miss?"

It was then there was a voice calling out to them from the outside, asking if there was anyone inside, soon joined by what sounded like digging and the low rumble of more voices joining in. Lifting his head, Rayne called out loudly enough for them to hear him.

”Yes, there’s two of us in here and we’re fine. Neither of us were near the entrance when it collapsed.” Rayne had no idea why he added those last few words but it felt right to do so. He just hoped they could get them out soon.

(This post was last modified: May 27, 2014, 05:50 AM by Rayne.)
Played by Maeby who has 45 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Catori Algoma

Right when she was about to absolutely lose it, the other wolf spoke. His words sounded soothed, it was enough to get her by for now. He made sense of the situation that Catori herself would never of been able to do. "You... You're probably right.. They will get us out..." She answered him, though still feeling a sense of doubt lingering in her gut. Sure, the other wolves would definitely try to get them out, but would they succeed? Two completely different things. 'Don't freak out.. Don't do it.. Ashton will be here soon.. And Miccah.. He was nice right? He'd never let us die in here.. They will save us.. I really hope.' her breathing was still quite fast. No matter how hard she tried she just couldn't get calm. She wasn't ready to greet death just yet.

The wolf asked her to lay by his side and panic aroused once more, but this sort of panic was different. Ever since joining the pack she hadn't had much contact with the residents. Not like she didn't want to make friends, she was just to nervous to get close to anyone.. She thought that might of been something they all noticed too, which only made her even more nervous and even less willing to talk.. But here she was now, trapped inside the den with a wolf who clearly cared for her well being. It had been a while since she felt kindness like this. She hesitated for a moment, then slowly trotted over to him and reclined herself where he had motioned. "I-I'm Catori... Catori Algoma.. I just joined this pack not to long ago so I don't really have my place yet but.. I'm sure--" she was interrupted. Normally something like this would drive her into a rage but instead she was excited, the interruption was coming from outside of the den. Someone was here to save them. She let Rayne do all of the talking, knowing that they'd more than likely recognize his voice before hers.

Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
Posting order - @Rayne @Catori Miccah @Anouke @Ashton @Kite

Any other SW wolves welcome!! :)

Anouke arrived first, offering his services to help get whoever was inside out. Miccah gave him a glance and then nodded, before continuing to dig. Miccah neither liked nor trusted the man, since he didn't get a very good vibe from him, but now was not the time to be picky. He would need all the help he could get if someone was indeed trapped in there. Ashton arrived next, flanking his other side. "I don't know yet," he responded to the boy. His blue orbs watched the Yearling, his actions becoming more frantic with each momemt. "Calm down boy. We'll get whoever it is, out," he rumbled, trying to calm him down. A girl arrived next, a Yearling. Kite, he believed her name was. She seemed to always be around Mirren, he had noticed. As she spoke, it seemed she knew what she was talking about. He immediately went to the side she was talking about, aiding in helping her dig.

A voice rang out then, and the black leviathan immediately recognized the voice. "Rayne! Who else is in there with you?," he rumbled before turning to the three around him. "Kite, keep talking." Maybe she could tell them more about how to dig more safely to get Rayne and whoever else out. "Ashton, Anouke. Let's get to work." His paws were on auto pilot, working to dig into the earth to get them out as fast and as safely as possible. They weren't hurt, so that was a bonus. Now, the four wolves just had to get them out.
Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre

Dark ears pricked as a young wolf breathlessly came to stand on the darkly furred male’s other side, before asking who was trapped inside the crumbled and ruined den and frantically digging away at the earth. He wrinkled his nose slightly, aware that the dark brown yearling was acting as such because he cared for the wolves inside, but he could at least be more sensible about it. Just digging anywhere could set it off again and the wolves inside could be crushed, again, if they hadn’t been already. It was a tragic thing to happen, really, it was, but he just did not care. If it was a wolf he held above others, then yes, but no wolves within Secret Woodlands were worth his time, though the leaders were quite interesting, and he hoped to get into their good graces, pick up a thing or two and then leave with a warning behind, so that they would not forget him.

Just then, the tawny female from the storm arrived, telling the dark brown yearling to be careful, and showing him how to dig the wolves a way out safely without crushing them from careless digging, and no one wanted that. The Young Hellion listened as a wolf inside – the voice which belonged to Rayne, the coward or hid behind others to protect him, and who set the demon inside him loose with anger – spoke, telling everyone that they were fine. Too bad, it would have been interesting if one inside had suffered injuries, then something would finally happen that wasn’t the usual boring day, but one could not always have their way in life.

Nodding when Miccah ordered him and… Ashton - the dark brown yearling, maybe? – to get to work, or in other words, get digging. Positioning himself next to the rubble, the Young Hellion dug with his paws and claws, using the strength of his muscles to power through rock, dirt and clay. He was not doing it to free the wolves inside, his hard work was only to hopefully have the darkly furred male think he was trustable and wanting to protect others, and the only way to do that was to look like he wanted to get the wolves free, which he certainly didn’t. No one had to know that though, and so he silently continued digging.

392 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.