(See All?) Announcements
522 Users Online
Google, Bing, Jethro

do or die there is no try — Cut Rock River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
@Kisla or @Maksim - I know there is an OOC join but I feel like this has to be done IC because of the circumstances and wanting to have his aunt and uncle there? Also, Adsila is with him.

This natural selection picked me out to be
Karpos Slayer
A dark horse running in a fantasy

Karpos had been an emotional rollercoaster ever since being kicked out of Hollowheart Keep by the man he once saw as a mentor. He now wanted the man's pelt lining his den but he couldn't let his anger get to him again. He stood at the borders to Cut Rock River where he caught the scent of @Capella and @Lachesis and @Naia, but he couldn't cross to run and cry to them. He called out for them, his voice weak and broken. He couldn't stand it and he needed them; he needed his family. He also called for the alphas, one of them at least. He had skills and he hoped to seek refuge in the pack he was once forced to call enemy despite the friends he had, the family he had, inside the River.

If he couldn't be with his family. He would be leaving the lore for a long time. It had been a matter of days, maybe a week since it had happened and the heartache of losing another home was severe. But this time it had not been losing his dad or having the pack fall apart. It had been him screwing up and letting his anger control him. He had, in no better terms, fucked his life up. Now he needed to start new so he could plot his revenge. He hoped to one day be a king and if he could not then he would inevitably choke and die. Karp drew in a deep breathe as he waited for someone to show up.

He stood next to his sister and gave her a look. He was nervous.

(This post was last modified: Apr 29, 2014, 02:12 AM by Karpos.)
Played by Melorama who has 97 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer

It had taken them days to cross the mountain and skirt past his old pack, and as they paused near a border – supposedly Cut Rock River’s – she stood next to him, their pelts touching. She was nervous about joining another pack, as last time she had been with Ace, but Karp had told her he knew wolves within the pack, so they shouldn’t have a problem in joining. The only real problem was having a role that they excelled in that could be useful to the pack. Yes, she could hunt, but maybe there was already many hunters within the pack, and they wouldn’t need her. She wasn’t very good at anything else, but maybe Karp could persuade them to allow her to join.

Silvery green eyes glanced around as her brother howled for one of the leaders, and she saw trees, trees and more trees. Large tall trees to be exact. It was a spacious forest, so she didn’t have to worry about not being able to traverse it easily. But it could also mean large prey would be around, maybe even large predators. She had heard of bears before, but had never seen one, and hoped that in the near future she wouldn’t, as some wolves who had fought them had died.

Looking back at her brother, Adsila met his nervous gaze, and she gently nuzzled his neck, attempting to alleviate both their nervousness. She wanted to look like she could actually do something, not like a sniveling pup who had to be cared for. Those days were behind her, and she would grow up to be a strong, independent woman, able to do things that any other wolf could. Taking in a deep breath, she eased herself into a proper standing position, but kept her tail and head low, and ears splayed to the side, awaiting one of the alpha’s to arrive to give their verdict.

319 Words
Played by Alace who has 323 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Naia froze as she heard the howl echoing from Cut Rock River’s border. This was a fairly normal occurrence and just about any other day the diligent scout would have answered the call without a second thought; however while Maksim and Kisla were abroad Naia had been appointed to lead the pack until their return. This meeting at the border would be different... instead of receiving the stranger and sitting with him while they waited for an alpha, she would be making the judgment call herself. She had been present for enough of these meetings to know how it was supposed to go, and with a resolute sigh she set out for the border.

Two loners, Naia noted nervously as she approached the dark pair. She hadn’t been prepared for two.. what if they had something sneaky planned? She couldn’t handle both of them herself—that had become apparent last time she encountered a pair of thieves at the border-- and this time Maksim wouldn’t be here to intervene. Before she could fret too much though, she caught the scents of the two strangers and her honey eyes widened in surprise. The Slayer children? Was it possible? Last she had heard, the two of them had split and joined different packs, and yet here they were at her doorstep. The Timber scout took off at a lope for the pair, stopping only to gaze at them both affectionately when she reached their position.

”Karpos, Adsila.. this is unbelievable. You two have grown into fine young wolves.” Her face split into her usual easy grin. As a new pack member she had not been incredibly close to the Pitch Pine Trail pups, but nonetheless they still had been family. They always would be. ”What can I help you two with—oh!” She emitted in surprise, cocking her head in concern at the young male. ”Karpos, you smell a bit like one of those Pass vultures. Did you have a run in with them?” Her tail flicked back and forth in agitation. If either of them had been hurt by one of those evil wolves, Naia would see to it that the obliquitywouldn’t go unpunished.

♦♦♦♦♦
(This post was last modified: Apr 29, 2014, 06:37 PM by Naia.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Ahh, Adsi isn't under the in the process of joining because she didn't start the thread :c Is this still dated when @Naia is left in charge while Mak and Kisla are away?

Karpos gave a small smile as his Auntie Naia was the first to arrive at the borders. He was excited to see her again as he hadn't seen her since the break of Pitch Pine Trail into small, fragile, and scattered pieces. She seemed delighted and then she caught the still faint Hollowheart Keep scent on Karp and he frowned. "Auntie. I use to be part of Hollowheart Keep until they kicked me out for telling one of their demon children the truth." He admitted with malice in his voice. "So I suppose you could say I had a run with them, just a little more on the personal than physical side. They started to insult my family and I refused to have that. It's really good to see you though auntie, I've missed you and uncle Lache and auntie Pella and uncle Aeo and everyone." He grinned.

He supposed he should get to telling his auntie why they were there so she could help them with the alpha pair or one of the alphas when they got there. Oh how Karp wished to have a home there. "Adsi and I have come to join auntie Naia. She can hunt, she's really good. I've been in training as a guardian for a while too." He said, proud of his sister's hunting skills. After all, they had hunted on their way to the borders of Cut Rock River from Magnolia Glen where Karp had first talked his sister into coming with him. He was still pissed at the Hollowheart Keep wolves but he needed to push that behind him. He did, afterall, have more important things to think of and consider.

(This post was last modified: May 02, 2014, 03:29 PM by Karpos.)
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Sorry for Pella's lateness

Broken, his howl echoed through the trees. Not only was it calling for her, but Lach as well. There was no mistaking it's source; She would have known that voice anywhere. Without missing a beat, her pale paws redirected themselves. Instinct took over, as terror flooded her veins. Wildly, she searched for the form of her nephew, more than displeased when the occasional rock or fallen branch seemed to take on his shape.

When her eyes finally did land on him, she noted the unmistakable form of Adsila as well. So many emotions ran through her in a matter of seconds that her legs felt weak; Unable to hold her full weight upon them. She wanted to call out, to right her wrongs, but the fear of rejection once again crept up her spine. I.." What was there to say? She had let the girl leave with Ace, left her more than once in fact. Capella hated herself for it. Funny how much she found herself hating everything nowadays.

Opting instead to watch from the sidelines, she moved beside Naia, licking the superior's chin in greeting. However, her sunny orbs did not fail to take in how much Adsila had grown, as well as ensuring that both cubs - almost yearlings now - were safe, and whole. Late to the party, she had missed most of the explanations, but rather than asking, she took a mental note of asking her nephew the details later.

worlds are ruined this way, and we've all been there time and time again.
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
sorrrry! <333
When the call sounded – for both him and Capella – the boy stopped abruptly in his tracks, his neck craned as he narrowed his gaze in the direction it originated from. He knew the sunflower-eyed girl wasn't too far away, as her scent lingered in the area, so the youth quickly set off for the borders. Why was Karpos calling for them? Curiosity boiled inside his stomach, fueling his movements as he broke into a sprint. The curiosity was quickly replaced by worry – something wasn’t right. The Slayer child wouldn’t call for both him and Capella unless it was something important, especially since they were from rival packs. No, something definitely wasn’t right.

As he maneuvered through the forest he caught wind of several familiar scents accompanying the former Pitch Pine prince. There was Naia, the River’s second and another former member of the Trail – but there was also another Slayer scent in the air; Adsila. His eyes widened as he ran, his pace quickening as he closed the distance. Why was his sister here? From what XIX understood, Adsila had made a home on the other side of the mountains.

Nineteen arrived shortly after his pale companion, his tall frame sliding up beside her as he studied the Slayer children. His gaze flickered over to Naia as he nodded a brief greeting before he returned his attention to Karpos and Adsila. “What are you doing here?” He asked in a confused tone, head cocked slightly as he took a hesitant step forward, his expression heavy with concern. “Is everything alright?”

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
@Naia, @Adsila, @Capella, @Lachesis, gonna try and move this along more <3

Also I was thinking that @Adsila and myself could try to do OOC joining and then this could just be a giant family reunion thread? Opinions? It's just cause Adsi loses 20 points a week because she didn't start the thread and it would be faster for OOC joining than it would be for IC joining?

Nevermind ^^ Adsi can get the lp docks reversed

Karpos wagged his tail as soon as Lachesis and Capella arrived to the concern of their nephew and niece. It was good to know they cared, but they didn't nessisarily looked happy to see Adsila and Karpos. They boy cleared his throat and spoke to his Auntie Pella and Uncle Lachesi. "They started to insult my family and I refused to have that Auntie Pella and Uncle Lachesies." The voice almost hollow. "By they, I mean her." He said with a vile taste on his tongue. He hated her for it, she was the reason he was kicked out of Hollowheart Keep. "I've been exiled from Hollowheart Keep for insulting the demon spawn they call princess and if I ever go near their lands again I've been threatened to be skinned so my pelt can line their den." He hissed bitterly inward. It was hard not to care.

It had turned into just another crimson story of innocence lost. It wasn't the first time something like that had happened to him, but it had the second biggest impact. It wasn't more on an impact than his father's death, but it was pretty damned close. He drew a deep breathe, sorrow in his eyes as his heart broke once again. He hated her, oh he hated her so much. But he loved her all the same. How could the shamed guardian still love such a woman who scorned his family name and went off to run away with her lover Mercy? Why did he even care still? It was because he loved her and he wanted to protect her, but he couldn't. He was mad at himself and he had taken out his anger on her.

(This post was last modified: May 07, 2014, 12:58 AM by Karpos.)
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina

♦♦♦♦♦

Naia’s ears flattened in concern as Karpos described his affiliation with Cut Rock River’s enemy pack. She wasn’t sure how much of her impression of Hollowheart Keep was just imagination and rumors, but the former Pitch Pine Trail prince couldn’t have had a happy life there if he had turned up at her pack's border, could he? Her eyebrows raised when he went on to describe his spat with a Hollowheart Keep girl, and as sinister as the rumors were she still could not believe that the vultures would exile a pup over an argument between children. It sounded as if this princess lived quite a spoiled, sheltered life, and Naia filed that information away as the young male finished his story.

The swarthy youngster began listing Adsila’s merits as well as his own, and Naia smiled and shook her head. She was happy that they were each developing skills, but they could have showed up deaf and blind and she would have received them with open arms. ”Karpos, you and your sister will always be my family. You were very smart to seek asylum here, and you are both welcome to shelter with us until my leaders return to accept you as members.” Her heart gave her no choice but to speak those words, but as she said them she felt a nagging doubt. On one hand, Maksim would understand her desire to shelter her niece and nephew from her former pack, but on the other hand he would likely be suspicious of a wolf so fresh out of Hollowheart Keep. Would the vultures be so evil as to send a spy in the form of a pup to win over his former aunts and uncles? She wouldn’t put it past them.. but family was family. She had to follow her conscience on this one.

”And where have you been Adsila?” She asked, turned to the other pup. Her brother had always been the talkative one, and she wanted to offer the young female a chance to tell her own story. However, Capella arrived before she could answer, and Naia greeted the familiar-smelling female. As Nineteen joined them she smiled, realizing that it was a regular old Pitch Pine Trail reunion. If only Aeolus hadn’t skulked away in the middle of the night with a pregnant Athena, they would have the whole family together again. Ironic, how the moment he deserted the pups whose unknown fate had been wracking him with guilt, those very pups showed up at the border.

Karpos explained his story again to newly arrived pair. It broke Naia’s heart that he had experienced such loss so early in life: his mother, his father, his first family, and now his second family. Surely Maksim would understand the need to take in the orphans—to give them a loving family they could count on for the rest of their days. ”You’re safe now,” she reassured the boy, ”But until my leaders return I want you to den near the borders with one of us—“ Her honey gaze flicked between Capella and Ninteteen. ”--so that we can be there to explain your presence and your smell the minute our leaders return.” She regretted that she could not yet welcome Karpos into the Cut Rock River territory, but she was sworn to serve Maksim’s best interests. She knew he would want to make the judgment call about a former Hollowheart Keep wolf, and this was the safest decision she could make. She turned once more to Adsila, waiting to hear her story. She didn’t smell like a Pass vulture, and depending on where she had come from Naia might be able to offer the young female a little more freedom within the borders.

♦♦♦♦♦
Played by Melorama who has 97 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
Extremely sorry everyone! School held me up :/
But here! Have a super long post to make up for my horribleness <3

They did not have to wait long, as after barely a few minutes a wolf a fair bit smaller than the both of them appeared, sporting a coat made up of a mix of browns, creams and blacks with golden honey eyes set into a kind face. As she spoke the Young Slayer struggled to think of who the wolf was, but either she had forgotten or did not know. Shyly looking slightly to the side, she kept quiet, and didn’t speak, letting her brother do all the talking. She was not very good at making good impressions on others, and she didn’t want Karp to get in trouble for her own folly. Keeping silent, Adsila looked down at her paws, shifting her weight from one to the other, nervous in the presence of the wolf she did not know the name of. But it clicked the moment her brother called her ‘Auntie’, and she felt shameful at not remembering. She really was a horrible wolf in terms of friends and family.

Glancing at Karp as he mentioned her talents in hunting, saying the she was ‘really good’, her nose gently nudged at his shoulder. “I’m not that good,” she muttered softly, embarrassed at his attempts to make her seem better than she really was. Her skills were average, but not really good, that was pushing it. But she hoped that in time she would become very good and once she was of age, gain the role of hunter. That had always been her dream, and she wouldn’t stop until it was completed.

Her chest tightened when Capella, her first friend, came into view, staring at the Slayer Siblings. She started to speak, but her words – well, word – trailed off into nothing, and she moved beside Naia, licking her under the chin. Adsila felt like calling out to her creamy friend, but she did not know what to say. what was there to say? She hadn’t seen her for months, and she didn’t know if they could still be called friends, and so she stood silently next to Karp, their dark fur mingling together, as she waited for someone to speak.

But instead of words, another wolf arrived, sporting a white coat with pale yellow-green eyes. He sidled up next to Capella, and she studied his face. He seemed older, wiser, more reserved than she had known him before, especially when he asked what they were doing at the borders of Cut Rock River and if they were alright in a confused tone. Lachesis did not have the usual stutter that she knew, but then again, they had never spent any time together like her brother had. Glancing back at her brother, she stared questioningly at him, unsure of what to do or say. It seemed that everyone from her disbanded birth pack was there at that moment, and she felt as if she had betrayed each and every one of them in some way or another.

The Young Slayer listened silently as Karp spoke of why he had been exiled from Hollowheart Keep, and why he would never return. From his words she could tell that he would never be welcome there ever again, and that possibly included her. Naia’s words seemed to kind to be true. Would they really allow her to become part of their family, after what she had done? But maybe they had forgiven her already…

Started out of her thoughts at Naia’s question of where she had been, the Young Slayer stared at her for a few moments, before shyly looking back down at her paws. “Well… when Pitch Pine Trail disbanded Ace and I went forth to find a pack to survive in during the winter. We found one just in time, Magnolia Glen, and if it wasn’t for them I would have died out there. They looked after me, and once winter ended I met Karp up on the mountain, and then he came to our borders, and with a farewell to Ace I went with him, and now here I am.” Her speech finished, Adsila hesitantly looked back up at her old family, hoping that they would understand and forgive her for all the wrongs she had done in the past.

710 Words
Inactive Deceased
Naia Aegina
OOC|| This has been sitting here awhile, so I'm just going to write a little something to close it out. You all are welcome to post again, but otherwise I'm going to archive this on the 16th. ||

♦♦♦♦♦

Naia hid her amusement at Adsila’s obvious alarm as Karpos boasted her hunting prowess. She had no doubt that his sister was skilled as Karpos claimed, but then again who didn’t exaggerate a little bit when they were listing their merits to a potential superior? Naia recalled with a small smile the day that she stood at this border, insisting to Maksim that there was no wolf west of the pass that could run a message more swiftly than her. She was honored that her niece and nephew felt the need to similarly express their strengths to her, but it was all highly unnecessary... as if she wasn’t going to do everything in her power to protect and support these two, these two that had been cheated out of a home, their family, and their puppyhood.

For all of this, Adsila was standing there as if she was the guilty one. She told her story while staring at her paws, seemingly embarrassed or ashamed of the actions she was detailing. Naia herself could find no fault in the story, and even if she had the young lady would have been instantly forgiven. How could you blame a young, transient wolf for her mistakes when she had no birthpack to teach her right from wrong, and on top of that-- barely knew her own parents? Perhaps it was a little late, but Naia wanted desperately to correct these wrongs and give Adsila a loving family to support her and teach her. She obviously still had a conscience, so it certainly wasn’t too late. She smiled encouragingly as the young Slayer finished her story, glancing around for approval from the older wolves.

”Since that is the case, I am happy to accept you as a provisional member of Cut Rock River. You are free to wander the borderlands until my leaders return to confirm your place.” The heart of the territory would still be off limits to her, but the Cedarwood Forest was expansive and there were more than enough borderlands for Adsila to explore in the meantime. The formalities finished, the scout nudged both of the youngsters affectionately. ”Let’s get to work on that den of yours, Karpos!” she suggested, turning to leave. She looked back expectantly at the pups, Nineteen, and Capella—the two older wolves were welcome to join too-- before trotting away to the den site she had in mind for her nephew.

{Fade Out}

♦♦♦♦♦
(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2014, 03:17 PM by Naia.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]