Google, Bing

Needless to Say — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bridget who has 139 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis
@Titan

(Morning)

For the time being, the flurries of snow had ceased, but were to start up again soon. The cream coated woman took this opportunity to go for a stroll. Her paws carried her lightly as she ducked beneath a cedar and into the forest. Soft brown eyes scanned the area as Chantille continued along, coat brushing against a low branch and collecting its earthen scent. Chant began humming to herself as she traveled along, her sweet notes piercing through the morning air. Her head lightly bopped along to her own tune; there were no birds to sing with. Fluffed white tail swayed ever so lightly before she paused at the base of a cedar. A medium sized hole within the trunk caught her attention. Tilting her head, a small frown pulls at her lips. Nothing was probably living in there. It seemed as if there was no life aside from the other wolves in the Lore.

A slight huff escaped her maw before she turned away from the tree and continued onward. No, she didn't have any specific destination in mind. Chantille had just decided to wander around. Boredom strung itself through her mind; she had to keep herself occupied somehow. The lack of plants had nearly driven the healer insane. She had nothing to collect! Her skills couldn't be tuned anymore.

The morning sun continuously played peek-a-boo, hiding behind clouds and reappearing every few minutes. The woman looked upward toward the sky, her vision obscured by dark branches. How she wished she could see a clear blue sky. This winter had seemed to be endless.

"speech"

(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2014, 04:46 AM by Chantille.)
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Note to self *next thing I do with Titan is putting him in/at the pack meeting being noted below*

Shit.

That's the only word he could think of.

Shit.

His whole world was going to shit. Ever since the pack meeting no... Even before the pack meeting. Waaay back when his mother had first left on her "mission" was when the pack had begun to spiral into chaos. Now he didn't have a sister, a father... His brother who was annoying, hard to understand, but whom Titan still cared deeply for, seemingly hated him. His mother was changing turning from her gentle kind self to a strong hardened female. Even though Titan had told her to pick up the pieces and take back leadership he somewhat regretted seeing his kind mother turn angry at the world. The pack seemed split as if they were no longer a single family unit anymore.

Nothing made sense to him. Even though he was coming to an age where he should be able to understand things Titan couldn't figure out how all the bad had started happening.

Couldn't figure out why his sister wouldn't head his warnings...Why she had to die...

For some time now the only thing that would help his mind through anger, hate, and depression had been to move. He had to be doing something whether that be work of some kind, or simply working his body by running someplace or chasing some prey thing he had no chance of catching. Right now his tired legs ached from sprinting all the way to the cedarwood forest from the cavern wolves territory.

What else was he supposed to do after waking up at 2am in the morning after the horrid dream he'd had? The choking dream of water and his sisters scared face had jolted the dark Thorben awake and sent him running through the landscape with tears falling from his face.

Now, in the late morning light, Titan finally slowed his steps allowing his breathing to catch up to his body's needs. Titan hadn't realized where he had run to and with the snow flying around it was hard to figure out the landscape. Neither could the young male smell the stranger who was close by. Instead he let out an angry growl and snarled to the sky.

"Don't you dare tell me I'm lost again!" He smoothed out the snarl form his face while looking at the clouds flowing quickly by through the windy snow flakes. "Move it snow so I can go back home..." He said this in a half defeated growl as Titan swung his crown left and right searching for a landmark he would recognize.

WHISPER Caverns
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis

Chantille's eyes narrow as snow whips through the forest. A small snarl emits from her muzzle as she bounds forward. Her gaze flows around the area; she looks for a thickly branched tree to rest beneath. The cold air stings her nostrils as she runs along, the powdery snow spraying up from her hind paws. Hunger was gripping at her stomach mercilessly. The lack of food in the area was slowly starving her, but she held in as strong as she could. Her tail lifts like a flag over her back as the frame of another wolf appears. The woman suddenly digs her paws into the snow in an attempt to halt. Her body lurches forward as she slams on her brakes. Unf. She shuts her eyes hard as her ears tuck flat onto her head.

Having not face-planted, the woman releases a heavy sigh of relief. That was close! With a charming smile crossing her muzzle now, she suddenly perks back up and bounces merrily forth. Her eyes remain locked on the dark figure that was yards ahead. The wind strikes her face again, and Chantille winces. She cranes her neck outward as if she'd get a better view of the mysterious wolf, but to no avail, she doesn't. The flurries that whipped through the air now obscured her vision of the wolf even more. The smile on her lips tugs downward as she continues forth.

As she comes within hearing range, the kind woman opens her jaws "H-Hello? You alright over there?" She couldn't see what he was up to, but he heard the wolf grumbling aloud. Her ears rose from their flattened state as she tilts her head in curiosity.

"speech"

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Luckily for the white she wolf Titan hadn't seen her near blunder. Instead he had begun looking downward at the slushy ground. He could still smell the path where he had come from. Instantly relief flooding through the child as he realized he could get back easily by following his own smell.

"H-Hello? You alright over there?"

The greeting made the dark pup jump as he twisted around to look for the voices owner. The Thorben child scented the wind, then finally spotted the white shape of a wolf standing not horribly far away. At first he thought the white shape to be a grown up @Aphrodite. No her voice wasn't right. It sounded older, Ashanti maybe? He guessed wishing the wind would blow his direction so that he could scent the stranger.

Taking a few steps forward to peer through the wind and sparkling snow crystals Titan spied the females eyes. Definitely not Aphie or Ashanti. Pausing while lowering his dark crown, Titan remained on guard as he answered her.

"My name is Titan Thorben, prince of Whisper Caverns pack. May I ask your name miss?" Titan called to her tilting his head just a bit to show that young curiosity burning through his dark blue gaze. There really weren't thoughts running through his mind now. Just a silent mind full of images, of things that could happen or go wrong in this situation. One image was of the female taunting and bullying him like another lone yearling had done with the child some time ago.

Another image was of her creamy white tail wagging and a warm smile spreading across her gleaming features, and yet another image...

It was an image of a wolf with a noble stance staring back at him as if he should be choosing to bow at her paws or raising himself to meet the challenge.

Titan was not sure how this meeting would end. All he could do for now was wait and see while calmly readying himself for a verbal or physical attack.

WHISPER Caverns
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis

The dark male spoke toward her, introducing himself. The fluffed tail of Chantille begins to wag excitedly as she listens to him speak. "I'm Chantille! Chantille Idasis. It's a sure pleasure to meet you, Titan." She grins now, her pearly whites flashing for a moment before she takes a few cautious steps forward. As she neared the young male, she could make out more of his physical features. He seemed to be quite young- a yearling, perhaps. His fur color was that of a moonlit midnight. It was a black coat, the tips of which were silvery-gray in color. The silver tones seemed to remind her of something or someone, but her mind could not place whom or what at the current moment.

A bit of excitement passed through Chant as her soft chocolate brown gaze focuses on his own dark blue one. "You are a prince? How lovely to have such a calling." She turns her head to the side and observes him in a bird-like fashion. "I wish I was a queen, that'd be quite spectacular." Oh how it would be. Queen Chantille... or Chant for short! Her mind was so imaginative; her heart still young.

With her smile soft now, she speaks again, but this time in question form "Are you lost, Titan?" Her eyes grow a bit concerned "I heard you talking to yourself, I'm assuming... forgive me if I'm incorrect. That's how I spotted you." She was just looking out for the prince. Though she just met him, the woman had a soft spot in her heart for most wolves. It would only take betrayal or cruel action to make her hasty around another of her kind.

"speech"

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
The white stranger answered in turn giving the dark wolf her name. It was a unique name that made his dark ears tip forward as she spoke it. Chantille Idasis... He thought quietly mulling over the sound of it. Titan was relieved as her stance took on an exceedingly friendly one. As her tail beat the air his wagged a little less enthusiastically. Titan was wary but much more willing to meet this bright smiling woman.

"You are a prince? How lovely to have such a calling." Chantille spoke making Titan lay his ears a little more relaxed upon his darkened head.

"I wish I was a queen, that'd be quite spectacular." A smile appeared on the pups lips as he heard this. His tail slowed to stop as he looked over the energetic older she wolf.

"Are you lost, Titan?" Chantille's eyes grow a bit concerned "I heard you talking to yourself, I'm assuming... forgive me if I'm incorrect. That's how I spotted you."

Snorting through his nose Titan denied her assumption.

"I'm not lost. I.. I just forgot for a second how to follow my trail back. I can get home fine on my own." He looked downward blushing under that dark gray misted cheek fur as he sorted through how to answer her other comments. The white she wolf spoke so quickly. A lot like his sister, but without the biting remarks and the "I won't get into trouble" attitude.

"After seeing my mother Queen Narimé work as hard as she has I don't believe being a king or queen is all it's cracked up to be." A sad look entered Titan's dark eyes as he remembered his mothers pain at her mate, his fathers, disappearance and his sisters death. "I mean sure you can be the boss of everyone, but there are so many things that can go wrong, and besides what else apart from leading is there for an alpha to be proud of?" He interjected his comment into the womans excited speech wondering how she could be so happy on such a stupidly snowy windy day.

WHISPER Caverns
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis

Chantille is all ears as the wolf exchanges responses with her. The fur on her back feels as if it prickles in some sort of uncomfortable way, but physically, her coat remains flattened. Her mind became clouded as he seemed to become a bit filled with more emotion. Briefly running her tongue over her teeth, she shakes her head gently, as she cannot believe what she just heard. "Wait... Narimé? She is your mother?" Chantille's deep brown eyes grew wide. Nari had pups? Oh my. She felt as if she was going to faint. How proud she was of the young woman! Attempting to contain her excitement, she speaks smoothly to prince before her-

"Titan, I have known your mother for quite some time. I haven't seen her in awhile. She is a wonderful wolf and an excellent hunter."

Her heart was pounding in her chest at the thought of the wolf's accomplishment. There was no room for jealousy in her heart. By having pups, that also meant that Nari may or may not be the leader of a pack. Not wanting to disrupt with any intruding questions, she spoke again "The pack is your pride, Titan. Being able to lead a pack of wolves is no easy task. Each wolf has their own way of going about things, and it is up to the leader to decide how to deal with it." She looks down for a moment, mind whirring back to Poison Path. Chant looks back up and parts her jaws "Leading for an alpha is everything. It's a desire. I believe you're born with it." Looking away again, Chantille begins to grow self conscious. She doesn't know whether or not she is satisfying the pondering thoughts of the young man before her.

"speech"

(This post was last modified: Apr 02, 2014, 02:38 AM by Chantille.)
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
His dark face tilted a bit as Chantille spoke up. Surprise stretched across his mask as Titan's curious blue gaze fell upon the white wolfs soft features. She knew mother? He paused as that thought sunk in. He thought about all the wolves he had met so far and how many of them had actually in some way known his mother. How many wolves has she met? He thought quietly while wondering about his mothers life prior to her birthing him. What kind of wolf was she really?

Then his black ears swiveled around to listen to Chantille's voice as she answered his previous question.

"The pack is your pride, Titan. Being able to lead a pack of wolves is no easy task. Each wolf has their own way of going about things, and it is up to the leader to decide how to deal with it." His blue eys watched her look downwards with a serious look on her face. Then the white she wolfs head picked up once more. "Leading for an alpha is everything. It's a desire. I believe you're born with it." Chantille's words struck him as odd and made the Thorben pup think for a short time. Her answer was a good one which set his brain into motion as Titan sat himself down while looking at the ground before them.

He thought about how his mother had led them. His siblings had always been following her, she was a constant in their life. Then father came, and left, others joined the pack and left. Only a few had been there from Titan's birth to now. Narime, Minka, and Inali were the wolves Titan knew best as they had been a part of his world from the start. Even so it was only ever his mother leading them around up until some "job" she had to do a while ago. Then his world had been turned upside down as Minka took over leadership. Just because Momma got lost... He wasn't even mad at Nari anymore. The initial anger at her had dwindled when Titan realized that he too had gotten lost time and time again while exploring new territory. So he thought about it and believed that was the same thing that happened to his mother. I wonder if she got lost a lot too when she was my age...

"What was mom like when she was my age?" He piped up then slowly brought his gaze back up to the pretty snowy she wolf. If she has known her for a long time then maybe she can tell me what mom was like before...me... He thought silently waiting for the willow wolf to reply.

WHISPER Caverns
Inactive No Rank
Chantille Idasis

Chantille still could not believe that Nari had her own pups. The feelings that swirled throughout her at the current moment were almost indescribable. What the black wolf had asked moments ago sent her mind into another world. There was so much to say and she had to find a way to word everything. A thoughtful glisten passes through her eyes as she smirks. With a bit of a teasing tone, she says "Oh dear, it has been quite awhile." Her eyes peer at the wolf from their corners as she tries to put him on edge. "Hmm. Ahhh. Yes, yes." She seems to almost be having a conversation in her mind as she chuckles slightly. It was all for show to put prince Titan in the position of a youngster who is anxious to hear a story.

Chantille paws about now, her head raised upward as if looking to the sky for answers. "She was very young when I met her. Very..." She pauses in her steps now, shrugging her shoulders before continuing "...naive. Like a babe in the woods sort of thing..." The jolly woman now wags her tail before she speaks again "She has always been full of energy. Though she had much to learn as she grew, she is very successful. I do believe she had once resided in Willow Ridge. Yes... that's correct. She and I had chatted in the Willows before Elettra found her." With a shrug of her shoulders again, Chant did not know whether or not Titan knew who Elettra was. No matter.

"How is she doing now, Titan?" A tug at her heart makes her speak again "Is she an alpha?"

"speech"

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2014, 11:14 PM by Chantille.)
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Will also be bringing up Malia's death and Nari's mission if Chant continues to question him. :P

Titan nods quietly as Chantille mumbles with a thoughtful look upon her ivory face. Working the ground impatiently with his paws, Titan's ears perk up as the white healer answers him. He watches as her head rises to look at the sky and she speaks of his mother being very young and naive. Titan had to nod in acceptance having seen his mothers naivety firsthand. Although the pup had always thought his mother to be wise, Titan had begun to realize how golden-hearted, and kind she was compared to many other wolves. Everything had always been good to Nari, and everybody, no matter how bad or evil their intent, always had a goodness to them.

Titan was a bit more realistic. He knew that there were good and bad wolves out there. That some bad wolves could never change to be good.

"She has always been full of energy. Though she had much to learn as she grew, she is very successful. I do believe she had once resided in Willow Ridge. Yes... that's correct. She and I had chatted in the Willows before Elettra found her." Chantille's words warmed his heart, and made the Thorben realize just why his mother had been so kind to the willow wolves whenever they were around. It was because she had once been one of them. As much as the dark Thorben was annoyed by the Archer siblings he had to respect his mothers opinion of Elettra and the other Willow Ridge wolves.

In fact Titan already held a rather large amount of respect for the Archer leader having met her once before as a younger pup. He could see why his mother was so loyal to the dark woman.

"How is she doing now, Titan?" Chantille's words brought the dark boy out of his memories as he thought about how much his mother had gone through in the past winter. How much should he tell this woman?

"She... Well... I feel that mother is not doing well." He answers truthfully feeling that as his mothers friend Chantille should know what had happened in their dark past.

"Father left us when I was very small, and mom. She's been looking for him ever since she found out he had left... Ma tries to hide it but I can see she is sad whenever father's name is spoken." He shuffled his paws and looked to the ground. Then the boys ears perk up again.

"You wouldn't happen to have met a male named Sloane Thorben in your travels have you miss? He's my father..." Titan cast his gaze upwards looking to Chantille's warm brown eyes. He didn't hope for her to say "yes I've seen him!", instead he hoped that she hadn't. That was because if she had Titan himself would have to go out and find his father, to snarl and howl at him for all the hurt he put his mother and the pack through.