484 Users Online
Bing, Riven, Isla

Tomorrow Comes Today
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Zyn who has 101 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
K'arnae Desrix
Late Afternoon | Cloudy - 48° | Task: Bed Making
Anyone is welcome to join. The more the merrier. She's been holed up for a bit while her leg is healing.

This was a change; not new but strange, that the once rogue of a female had to pause and consider time and again. As she had lied in her sick bed away from the collective’s heart, she had not considered that her presence indeed resided on pack lands and that in time she would need to acquaint with them all. Her focus had solely been on healing until she had mustered enough strength to move, but beyond that, her mind drew a perpetual blank until the day came that she could move without the crippling pain of her injury.

And even then, celebration of her recovery was not within the pack as a whole, but with a proposition for the Alpha male and his mate turned mother. Perhaps for them, a celebration was in order. A joining of voices to congratulate the birth of the new into the fold; a moment better shared by those that knew and trusted each other well. But for the wanderer- no, newly inducted wolf, the birth of new was an opportunity to show her worthwhile place within the pack. Even if it would indeed be a slow and arduous process.

But she had time to ponder further on this much later down the line when the novelty of the birth had settled. There would be time to see the pups and demonstrate her skills to the mother, and prove her worth to the pack she had chosen to stay within. For now, what she needed was to mark a place within the haven to call her own, a soft bed in which to lie on each night beneath the stars. There was of course the common den to make herself a home, but she was too used to sleeping in the open to assimilate to those conditions. So for the time being with a mawful of soft moss, she began searching the sparse trees for a place beneath their roots.

(This post was last modified: May 05, 2014, 04:08 PM by K'arnae.)
~* Looking for Magnolia Glen plots/threads *~
Played by Silvia who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
Only after joining her voice in with theirs as the announcement that the pups had been born and the next generation was safely tucked away next to their mother’s belly, did Neoma move away with little care for the what had transpired. Though she had kept the joyful glint in her eyes until she was out of sight of the others. Allowing her shoulders to sag slightly as a sigh was released, Neoma’s ears nose twitched at the scent of another making their way away from the common pack den.

Now curious as to why this wolf would be moving away, Neoma stalked closer and peered through the trees to spot a lighter coloured wolf with moss in her jaw. Ah, so this wolf was like her in that she disliked sleeping in the crowded den. The swarthy female had no actual bed, instead choosing to sleep wherever she wanted in the lands. Curled up in the roots of a tree, resting against a large enough rock warmed by the sun’s last rays or simply spread out on soft grass. Each night bore a different bed for her, under the stars and it mattered not to her that she had no proper bed to call her own. She would do as she liked.

”If you are looking for a good spot to bed down, I can show you several.” The dark fae offered as she sauntered up to the other, her voice sounding as sweet and as helpful as anyone would, meeting a new wolf. ”There’s a spot I know of, right by an opening in the trees that can show you the moon and the stars at the right time, during the right night. Or if you prefer something more closed in, take a few more steps that way and there’s an old gnarled thing with roots sticking up every which way.” Jerking her head towards the direction, Neoma smiled kindly at the other.

Table by PuppyThief
STOCK: vivstock @ DA, BrokenWing3dStock @ DA & Dawnthieves.de

(This post was last modified: May 06, 2014, 12:55 PM by Neoma.)
K'arnae Desrix

@Neoma

It was inevitable that in due time the inducted would have to meet those of the pack. In her mind, it would have made sense to call the haven her own, but in her heart such a place was not ready to be filled nor title given when so little was known. The lands were beautiful and strange to her senses, as were the ways and conduct of this pack. She knew only the behaviors established in her prior collective, the instinctual behaviors that made the wolves of the mountain what they were. However, in this new land both her deliverance and opportunity, she was more than inclined to given an effort to associate with those yet met. This approaching female being the first, and perhaps not the last.

Her ears flicked back to the footfalls of her approach, then swung forward again once her soft octaves reached her ears. Her dark face was formed in a welcoming smile, a gesture that at first unsettled the female until she allowed herself a moment to relax. Was it not expected for pack wolves to be kind to each other? To lend an aiding paw? This was certainly not the wild.

Out of habit, the beige wolf regarded the other in near perfect silence, her only sound being the heavy exhale as she shifted her weight from her healing leg as she stood. “…opening?” her word was muffled, even after rolling the moss in her maw to free herself just enough to speak. Her eyes remained heavy with a practiced indifference, though the twitch of her tail betrayed her interest.

(This post was last modified: May 06, 2014, 01:19 PM by K'arnae.)
Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
Neoma waited patiently for the female to respond, her eyes drawn to her leg when she shifted. But she didn’t comment on it. Not yet. “Yep!” Neoma chirped happily, almost wincing on the inside at how cheerful she sounded. How could wolves go around like this all the time, she’d never figure out. “It’s a small circle of trees, relatively clear in the middle and there’s a hole in the canopy. It’s lovely on a full moon, or even when you can only see the stars. There’s even a little creek nearby, if I remember correctly. Nice place to sunbathe too, when you have the chance to relax during the day.”

Tilting her head towards the direction it was in, Neoma glanced back at the other’s leg. ”I could show you it now, if you like. But I’ll warn it’s a bit of a walk from here. A few minutes, at least.” The words held no insult to the beige wolf, only concern in the soft voice. Neoma wasn’t going to push the injury against her, however tempting it was to take this injured wolf to a place far enough away and claim her spot in the rank of the pack.

But Neoma wasn’t that cruel. She’d give the wolf a fighting chance and who knew? If the two got on well enough, perhaps she could convince the dame to join her. ”Oh! My name’s Neoma by the way.” Offering her name in hopes to get the other’s, Neoma took a few steps forward and waited.

Table by PuppyThief

K'arnae Desrix

@Neoma

The glance by the female to her leg did not go unnoticed but she left it be, feeling no need to draw further attention to it. Instead, she took care to play off the silent notice with a forward round of her shoulders the back as she relaxed and gave her undivided attention. Though it was difficult, considering the waves of ‘pep’ deceptively rolling from the dark female in waves. Silently, the bulk of beige and umber wondered if the rest of the pack would be like this female. Would they all be so open and eager to assist? Or was this visage a rare sort while all others were more reserved, albeit amiable? It was difficult to know for certain. However, she was not inclined to make her assumptions just yet. What impression would it have given if her first assessment of another was in the negative?

Calmly she reminded herself that she would indeed adjust whilst at the same time allowing her tense posture to lessen. “A walk is fine,” she uttered quietly while shaking out her injured leg. Gingerly she applied a bit of pressure to it but no more than what was necessary. If she wanted to regain the full use of her leg, she would have to get used to the strain of her weight against her once again. And a walk would do her well to exercise it.

She followed rather close to the female, then abruptly paused mid-step when she turned and offered her name with a cheerful voice. “K’arnae,” she offered in turn, accompanied with a subtle dip of her muzzle.

Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
Neoma nodded firmly, continuing to walk towards the place that she had described to the now named wolf, K’arnae. They spent the next few minutes in silence, as Neoma had promised that the spot was a short walk away. And as promised, as Neoma flited through the trees, that it opened up to a small clearing with the canopy not quite meeting in the middle to show the sky above. Of course, it only showed the heavy clouds hanging in the sky and the greyness bringing a bit of bleakness to the normally beautiful spot.

But Neoma didn’t care as she paused in the middle of the clearing and turning towards K’arnae, tilted her head in question. ”Do you like it?” Adding a lilt of nervousness to her voice, inwardly, Neoma was cursing herself. How she hated having to act like this. She wanted to show her power over this inferior wolf (Unless she showed her worth otherwise) yet something told her K’arnae might be swayed to her side. The dame was quiet and didn’t seem overly concerned with talking.

This brought up thoughts of Anouke and how he was faring on his quest. Had he meet and convinced others to be a part of something that both dark wolves understood clearly and others thought meaningless or scorned them for? Had he carried out her order against her brother effectively? She would have to see for herself if that was the case but she would have to first gain the trust of her leaders first, to allow her to search for equal and check his work. Under the pretense of scouting out newcomers and taking news to their allies and bringing it back to them of course.

Table by PuppyThief

K'arnae Desrix

@Neoma

Their introductions now shared, the pair was able to continue on in relative silence. Apart from the soft songs of the birds, there was only the gentle gusts of the wind to maintain the calming ambiance of the haven. She hadn’t been within the pack for long, but for the duration of her walkabout, she discovered she rather liked the pleasant air of the haven. It was a pleasant contrast to the noise and changing scents of the spontaneous wild. However it did nothing to curb her wanderlust, as there were few instances yet that would bring her thoughts toward home. Always did they stretch toward the sights yet unseen, as if with some vain hope that would find her way back to the mountain of her birth by some roundabout means.

A soft bump against an equally soft physique abruptly resurfaced the woman from her thoughts of the past to the present. Following the gesture of her guide, K’arnae looked to the opening overhead. Too true it was the perfect spot to see the stars in the evening, as well as the many hues of the morning when the first light was cast. The woman did not smile, though her tail curled amiably before resting passively at her ankles.

“It is ideal,” she complimented Neoma’s choice, then lowered her head to place the bit of moss at her paws. “Thank you,” her voice was distant as she proceeded to look around the cluster of trees, assessing which would be suitable to house her den.

"Do you den nearby?" she inquired with reason. She had not intention of settling down so close to another's keep. Especially if she wanted to maintain a positive rapport.

Inactive No Rank
Neoma Flint
"I don't really have a den anywhere, not yet anyway. I sleep wherever is most comfortable for me during the eve." Neoma hummed softly in response to her question, rolling her shoulders as if in a shrug. "Though one of my favourite haunts is close by. A sunning rock, by the creek I mentioned. Sometimes I find myself having an afternoon rest on it, after the few rays of the sun that manage to sneak by the branches has warmed it only to find myself awakening some hours later to find night has fallen and the moon has taken her brothers' place." Shifting on her feet, Neoma glanced over to her. "I'm glad you find it ideal. I'm somewhat surprised no one else has claimed as their own yet." She chuckled slightly. "I myself would have, but I prefer the safety of branches above me completely. I do not trust the weather enough for it to not change during the night."

Hopefully, the other wouldn’t find it strange, her comment about the moon, even though it was a bold face but smoothly told lie. Neoma cared little where she slept or about the weather and what it did during the night. Scanning the small groove, Neoma’s bright yellow eyes settled on a little nook between two trees.K’arnae might be looking for one tree with a hollow trunk but these two were close enough that their roots were entangled together, with what looked like soft dirt ready to dig into.

“Why not there?” The swarthy fae pointed out to K’arnae, tone light with question. ”If you think it suitable.It’ll be your den after all, not mine.”

Table by PuppyThief

(This post was last modified: May 08, 2014, 07:11 AM by Neoma.)
K'arnae Desrix

@Neoma

This female was certainly a talkative one, the she-wolf would note, having felt the repetitive flicker of her ears each time her host spoke. It was not wholly uncomfortable, but it seemed unnecessary. As it was her forte to keep the silence unless her words were called for. This one however- an umber eye briefly cast sidelong to the dark female- was of the loquacious sort, quite the contrary to the silent male wolf she had met before. The comparison forced her to recognize that perhaps not all would be like the male she’d met, and not with all would she find that suitable comfort in their presence. With him, there had only been the cause for conversation in the briefest of words, and even then what more needed to be spoken was directed in gesture or the glimpse of a careful eye. And the beige wolf had come to realize she had missed that. That ease… that comfort. His presence all together.

But then, had she not felt the same degree of ease with another?

Once more her ears fanned forward amidst her search, this time draw her head from the earth to share her attention with the cheery dame. Following her gesture, she looked to the gap between the trees and the tangle of their roots. That space was not perhaps ideal for her desired setting, but the roots certainly provided the encompassing feel she sought; close that it could be marked as her own, but open that she was reminded of the wild’s expanse in this minute image. It was favorable.

“Keen eye,” she complimented the kind wolf a second time, already walking towards the gathered roots to assess the soil beneath. The earth was rich and fragrant, brimming with life fed by the neighboring creek. From there, she would hear the faint trickle of the waters and as she breathed in, she was swooned by the intoxicating aroma of the magnolia blossoms ready to burst. And as if fate too had found this place agreeable, a gentle wind stirred the trees nudging free a pale pink blossom from its branches. She watched as it danced and twirled in its delicate descent til it fell upon the roots among a collection of other loosened petals.

Yes. This would be her home.

“Thank you…” though her voice was soft and expression remained impassive, her sincerity of gratitude was conveyed by the gentle sweep of her tail as well as the subtle bow of her muzzle. All this portrayed, though her eyes would not yet leave the wavering petals of the small flower.

(This post was last modified: May 09, 2014, 01:24 AM by K'arnae.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is an elk carcass nearby. It looks like it froze to death. +12 Health