(See All?) Announcements
364 Users Online
Bing, Google

Heaven hath an opening — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Evelynne who has 132 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cessair Lux
I think it's about time to wrap this thread up. I can't have Cessair decide which pack to join until I've finished a thread with Karpos, so I'm afraid I have to send Cessair away without reaching a real conclusion. Sorry!

Cessair watched a whole new kind of world open up before her as she continued to listen to Namid. What would it be like to dedicate her life to other wolves -- other wolves whom she would come to consider friends, family -- other wolves who would also work to defend her and give her a place? It was almost more than Cessair could fathom. Soon, possibly even this very day, this life could be hers, and no longer would she have only her calloused paws and the ghost of a brother she hadn't seen in years for company. No longer would she be so alone.

Namid's answer to the traveler's final question proved once again favorable. The wise younger wolf seemed to know just what to say. To be welcomed, to feel at home; these were the experiences Cessair most hoped to find and most feared that she would not. And this silvery wolf standing a few strides in front of her assured that all this was just beyond these pack borders. For a moment, the hopeful three-year-old was caught up in anticipation of happiness, willing to join that pack or perhaps any at that very moment. Namid's last statement, however, caught Cessair off guard and brought her back to reason. "Only that you are willing to let them in as they do to you."

How long had Cessair been alone, communing with none but herself? Must she really "let them in," these other wolves? She had had plenty of time to acquaint herself with her own thoughts and ideas, but never had she let another wolf so fully into her confidence. To do so would be to expose herself. To put herself at risk. The thought was not pleasant, but Cessair realized that there was no other way to make true friends or to be accepted into a family. Risk and trust. That would be as much a part of pack life as provision and protection. It would certainly be a challenge, but at that moment, Cessair felt certain it would be worth it.

Still, Cessair was never one to make decisions on the spot. After all that Namid told her, Cessair felt the familiar urge to escape to anywhere to think about her options. Now that she'd learned about two packs, she must try to decide between them. “By your description, your pack sounds very wonderful, but I would like to take a day or two to think before I make a decision on whether to join. Whatever I decide, I wish you and your pack good fortune, and I hope that we may meet again. Thank you very much for your time and for your kind answers.” With one last wag of her tail and a dip of her head, Cessair turned and retreated back into the underbrush.

(Exit Cessair)