(See All?) Announcements
254 Users Online
Bing, Isla, Google

Blast From the Past — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
@Minka and @Tokino Anyone else from BTD is welcome. This is for a scouting trip.

The woman had been quick to get away from Drestig and start on her own mission towards what needed to be done. She was quick to take advantage of seeing what the lands were and finding what resources each of them offered. Once, she even hesitated in passing up her former home, how she had once longed to return here, to where she had once been so happy. With Ice, she had to constantly remind herself. He had, after all, been what had kept her together when Hotei had left the first time. But now they were reunited again and sometimes she had to remind herself that she had to be pleased with Ice's absence, otherwise, Hotei would have never been able to return. And as these thoughts entered her head, she forced herself to push on from the former lands, having determined quickly that no one lived there. She had easily scouted through the land, having known it so well and lived there for so long.

So she moved on, her body moving quickly to Blackberry Fields, a place she had only crossed through twice. Compared to other areas, Jessie felt like this land was much more massive, probably having to do with the fact that there were hardly any trees to be seen. Most of the area had done well, there was nothing and then suddenly she was hit by the strong scent of pack borders. Instinctively, she came to a halt far from the borders, not wanting to make any of the alphas or pack members uncomfortable. Pleased that she was a far enough distance from the pack borders, Jessie lifted her head back and let out a loose howl, asking politely for the presence of someone within the pack to come meet her. Hopefully, things would go well and she would be able to move onto her next objective.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats
Fly had been hunting a hare: one of her favorite things to hunt because they provided the best chase. However, mid-chase Fly was distracted by the sound of a feminine howl coming form the border. The howl had cause Fly to come to a complete stop and angle her ears toward the sounds. Now, she looked in the direction of the hare, which was too far gone, with a disappointed sigh. Hunt ruined; Fly decided that she might as well go find the source of the disturbance. Luckily, she wasn't too far from that part of the border and it didn't take her long to make her way over there. Fly could see a female wolf who was close to her size but colored very differently. This wolf sported a sleek silver coat with striking green eyes and unlike the last visitor, this one was waiting respectfully on her side of the border. Dutifully, Fly approached the border, stopping about two tail lengths away and raising her tail and head slightly and with confidence.

"Who are you? And why do you call at the border of the Downs?" Fly asked calmly; she had taken note of all the mistakes she had made the last time she had greeted a visitor and was trying to do a better job this time. She did not want to seem aggressive and instigate unnecessary conflict, but she also wanted to assert her confidence in her territory. The russet and brown yearling hoped she had done a better job this time, and also hoped that this visitor was less complicated than their last one.
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
speech

Inali was dropping a hare in one of the pack caches when the call came from the border. Her ears flicked attentively as she made her way to the borders in a quick jog. The call hadn't sounded urgent, but still she didnt want to keep whoever was at the borders waiting. As she neared the scene, a small smile reached her muzzle as she noticed Firefly at the borders. The new yearling was eager to prove herself. Her tail lifted to show her high rank and she gracefully moved toward the two women with the steps of a seasoned scout. She brushed up against Firefly in a silent greeting and then her clear blue orbs locked on the petite gray woman with alluring green orbs. A fuzzy memory popped into her mind and she cocked her head almost questionably at the woman.

Her eyes narrowed in a curious manner as the memory slowly became clearer. As she realized who this woman was, Inali quickly straightened herself and sent her a kind warm smile. "Jessie, correct?," she said finally speaking up. My name is Inali, though Im not sure you remember since we were in a slightly tense situation." Her blue orbs were genuine as she continued. Bygones be bygones, yes?" It was only logical, for it had been many months before. Inali usually wasn't one to hold grudges anyway. Now Minka...Inali didn't know. For now, she would try to bring peace to the situation as much as she could. "Do you bring news for Black Thorn Downs?," Inali questioned the older woman politely, reverting them back to the task at hand with a gentle smile gracing her maw.

AustriaAngloAlliance @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Truthfully Minka was not doing anything productive, instead she was staring at a tree with a perplexed look upon her muzzle. It smelled heavily of @Kova and there were teeth marks upon its scarred bark in notches, but she had no idea why her son had made them. Was he practicing his sparring? He had after all seemed to have taken to the dark yearling @Bane and had been chatting his father's ear off about guarding. With a wistful smile she thought perhaps she should see if the yearling would be willing to give her son a proper lesson if that is what he planned on pursuing, even if the desire was just fleeting. Deciding this is what she would do she was ready to seek out the teen when a call came from the borders, flicking one tawny ear back towards the voice she stopped.

Changing directions she instead headed towards where their territory met the fields, she knew she would have time later to seek out the guard in training. For now there was something more pressing, as calls at the borders always were. As she crested the hill Minka was pleased that two of her subordinates had already arrived on the scene and had greeted the... not stranger as she had expected. Moving up beside Inali she bumped her shoulder gently before staring upon the silver woman before them in shocked silence for a moment. Suddenly an embarrassed smile graced her muzzle, "Ah Jessie, I must say I'm surprised to see you again and I must apologize for my behaviour last time. It was a..... rather tense situation and I do truly regret making the assumptions I did." The memory caused a twinge in the alpha's heart, she had overreacted then and when Malia had really needed them she hadn't been there. None of them had been, and because of that she was dead.

Flicking her tail in a hope of waving over the initial awkwardness of the meeting Minka smiled much more seriously now. Cocking her head to the right she looked the silver woman over again, she seemed well though it was hard to tell with the Swiftpaw. Moving on she spoke once more, "I hope time has been well to you, tell me what has brought you to our borders?" Jessie no longer smelled as she once had, it was much more oaky scent now, had she found a new family, a new place to call home? Minka couldn't even think of where the closest area with a high density of oak was.

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

It did not take long for the Tainn to be greeted by someone, a yearling for that matter. It was quite obvious that the child was confident...but perhaps a little bit too confident for an area that she certainly did not lead. The questions that were asked were blunt and simple. The Tainn had to force away a smile, the yearlings attitude towards outsiders quite like that of her own. That was certainly something that she could respect. Before she could find a chance to answer, a familiar face entered through the shadows. She had once been with Lady Narimé's pack, something that concerned her, considering that she considered the Thorben a good friend, through Sloane, of course. She did not comment though, and as she was once again questioned about her presence, the presence of Minka made her gut clench painfully. If both of them were here, then what in the world could have happened to Whisper Caverns. Were they still there? Eventually, when she reunited with Drestig, her questions could be answered, but right now, she needed to focus on her mission.

Since it was obvious who the alpha was, and it was clear that Minka held no noticeable grudge against her, the gray woman gave a friendly wag of her tail to signify her own apologies, knowing that many things had happened that day that could have been avoided. "I must apologize as well. I was overtly cautious of you, and should have realized that you had no ill intentions...I had after all met you before and considered you a friend." That had been back when Jessie had been a subordinate in Swift River...which would make this much easier for her to explain. "I come baring the greetings of Oak Tree Bend from Sir Triell Tainn and Milady Nayeli Tainn. After some tragedies that occurred in Swift River, our alphess, Lady Corinna wished to move us over the mountain and into Spectral Woods. I am here to find out the existing packs on this side of the mountain for Milady and let them know of potential allies in the future." Her tail flicked behind her as she finished her tale, her position much more neutral and relaxed. She was quite familiar with these two ladies, and she had liked them, despite the tense situation she had been in with them all those months ago.

Played by Missy who has 124 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Firefly of Whitecoats

Firefly was relieved to feel Inali brush against her side as she arrived on the scene. Fly was happy to take a backseat and let the more experienced scout take the lead. Still, the russet woman stayed attentive so that she could learn more about how to properly greet someone at the borders. Inali seemed to know their visitor, though she wasn't aware of why the woman was here. Before, the woman, Jessie, could answer Inali's question Minka also showed up with questions of her own. Fly was happy to see that their borders were so well attended. It made their pack look strong and diligent. Everyday she was growing more and more proud to have been accepted into Black Thorn Downs.

Finally the Jessie woman was able to answer the question all three of the Downs wolves had asked. Fly was excited to learn that Jessie was from a different pack and even more excited to hear that she was from the other side of the mountain. Fly had never been so far from her own territory and part of her wanted to begin pestering the woman with questions about her pack. What were they like? Were their alphas as kind and strong as Minka and Tokino? Were their yearlings better at hunting than she was? But Fly reigned in her curiosity. She knew better than to speak out of turn now that Minka and Inali were here.

At the mention of allies, Fly's head turned to inspect Minka's reaction. She had never considered the possibility of allies and now she wondered if Black Thorn Downs already had allies. If they did, who were they and if not would they accept the offer of this Oak Tree Bend pack?

"Speech"

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

Her muzzle took in the familiar scent of her alpha and friend as Minka showed up alongside them, bumping her shoulder in greeting to Inali. The scout gave the woman a warm smile and submissive lick to the chin, before turning back her attention the Bend scout in front of them. Minka gave her own apologies, and Jessie as well, and Inali's own tail wagged in happiness that no one had held grudges of that day. Onto business, Jessie informed that their pack was looking for potential allies around these lands. Well, Inali could think of only one though there were several packs along the Western part of the Lore. Too bad most of them were allied with Whisper Caverns, so therefore, their enemies as well. Cut Rock River was a strong ally of theirs, and she knew Oak Tree Bend could benefit from their loyalty for Maksim led a strong pack. Though, it was not her place to say anything because Jessie had been speaking to Minka. It would be rude to speak up first, when someone was addressing your leader so Inali kept her mouth shut.

As she waited for Minka's words, she couldn't help but think she should go for a mission to the mountains herself. The packs that she had known of before might have disbanded, and new packs might've been created in her long absence of the mountains. It was a thought for another day, so Inali brought her attention back to the meeting at hand. She didn't know how big the Bend numbers were, but it would be good if the Downs held an ally or two along the mountain territories. She glanced at Minka and then back to Jessie, her tail flicking patiently awaiting for the conversation due to come.

Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka smiled much more easily now that apologizes on both sides had been spoken, "Well then let's let bygones be bygones."It had been some time since she had last seen Jessie and to her surprise she realized how much she herself had changed. Last time though she had been confident in the situation she now felt confident in doing something at the time she never would have considered; leading. Minka had come to a point in her life where she couldn't picture herself doing anything but lead the pack, be a mother and do all the things she was currently doing.

As the salt and pepper woman spoke the tawny female listened intently, her expression serious to show that she was paying attention to the tale. When she finished the alpha smiled swiftly though it was quickly followed with a sigh for she knew what she would have to say next. Sitting her rump upon the soft grass she got comfortable, it was kind of a long story. Smiling in apology for all the information she was about to leave her with she launched into it, "We're not the only pack to have been plagued with turmoil I see, though I hope all is well over the mountain now. We ourselves have had our fair share, last time I saw you I was the Lead Huntress of Whisper Caverns. It wasn't too long after that that our alpha @Narimé decided to make a trip over the mountains herself though she planned to return soon. Unfortunately a winter storm struck and she was long delayed before returning and in her prolonged absence I stepped up to lead. While she was gone her mate Sloane disappeared without a word to anyone, as far as I know nobody has seen him since. A recently accepted male named Ash took his place and led beside me and for a time everything was good. Then Narimé returned and I felt pressure to give up my place as alpha as it had always been her pack, unfortunately I found I rather liked leading." Minka paused now, smiling briefly at the memory of how surprised she had been that not only had she liked it but she had been good at it too. After the brief pause she continued, "My mate Tokino and myself decided that come the spring we would take our leave to create our own pack so that Narimé could once more lead herself. Ash grew enraged when he learned of our plan and that it was not only us who were leaving but Inali as well. He threatened not only myself and my mate but also my unborn cubs who I was carrying at the time and threw us from the territory. Since then tensions have been high not only between our packs but also with the pack just west of here where his sister leads." Finally her tale was done and not for the first time she wished she would never have to tell it again. Every time she spoke of it cold chills went down her spine at the thought of that monster touching her children, chills usually followed with rage of her own.

Taking a deep breath to steady her emotions she glanced away until she could compose herself, now was not the time for her anger. Looking back to Jessie she smiled the best she could, "Despite all of this I am glad you have come, even if you did have to sit through that story. Please tell your Lady Nayeli and sir Triell I wish them all the best, and would be open to future discussions about an alliance. We also have allies to the south who I'm sure would be interested as well." This was all she could say for now and finally she fell silent, though her mind was abuzz with the possibility of a future alliance.

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Jessie remained professional and kept her gaze locked on Minka. So far, the meeting had gone as planned and everything was running smoothly. After apologizes were out of the way, both women seemed to want to get on with business. Attentively, Jessie's ears pricked forward, ready for whatever was to come. As she listened to the story, she let her mind think what it wanted, but remained emotionless in front of the alpha, not wishing to enrage her even further. All the names that were called out were familiar to the Tainn and she had to refrain from snapping out in defense of her friends. Sloane had been a worthy companion and a wonderful wolf over all and Narimé had always held a hint of loyalty from Jessie, just because of Sloane... And Ash...she had heard tidbits of him from her times traveling and over all he seemed to be a good wolf...and if Nari accepted him then he couldn't be all bad. She certainly wouldn't stand for anything is he actually meant harm to children, it just didn't make sense.

Though her thoughts contradicted what Minka was saying, she knew it was her duty to report back to Triell and tell him of the news that she had received. Her personal opinions were of no matter and were not voiced out to the alpha. All Jessie replied with was a polite smile, though it never reached her eyes. It was, however, nothing new. The Tainn never truly seemed happy wherever she went, so much had been lost, including her dear sister, and she had no plans of leaving the area anytime soon. It was time for her to leave though, she had no time to stay and chat with her new possible allies. So with one last polite smile, the woman spoke clearly, "Thank you for the information, Lady Minka. Perhaps we will be in touch. It was wonderful to see both of you." After dipping her head respectfully and muttering one last goodbye, Jessie turned and started on the next part of her mission.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Quick fade to wrap up :)

Speech.

She kept her eyes on both women, patiently listening as Minka told their story of their departure from Whisper Caverns. Jessie listened intently as well and as the tale came to a close, it seemed buisness and pleasantries were well over with. Jessie left with a nod and a smile that seemed to never reach her emerald eyes. Inali gave a smile in return and muttered her own goodbyes. This meeting was officially over and it was now time to get back to work. Minka went one way and Inali another. The lithe scout noticed that Firefly had slipped away and her eyes narrowed, wondering briefly where the yearling had gone, but dismissed. The girl seemed to be eager to please her alphas and gain respect, so she probably went to do somethig useful. Inali picked up her pace, her legs moving swiftly between the bushes of her home intent on doing a quick border patrol before leaving the territory to see if she could find anything to fill a couple of caches around the territory.

{Fade Out}

[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]