(See All?) Announcements
715 Users Online
Google, Bing, Jadon, Sophrosnia

Dwelling in the past — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narime sighed as the breeze passed over the pair of chatting wolves. With the thick tree canopy blocking out the light and the sun slowly rising in the sky; the shadows slowly moved giving the forest a somewhat creepylook to them. It was getting close to 6am but the birds had been up since four marking their own territories with bright sing song voices. Their calls were still ringing through the trees when the wolves entered the scene.

Now, as the woman nodded actively listening to the dark males voice, the trees creaked and moaned calling out in pain while the winds high above stirred their branches. Nios cast a heated glance towards her face causing Nari to blush a tad bit before he asked his own question. A question that pierced the scar on her heart.

Dropping the smile from her face Nari looked away towards the bushes. Her tail stopped its slow wag, and for a moment she debated on not telling the male a thing. Hell she even thought about lying and saying that her mate was waiting back home with her big family.

but they're not... the voice cracked in her head while the she wolf closed her eyes thinking.

"No... My mate disappeared sometime during the early winter storms." She answered truthfully while wondering who was really waiting for her to come back. Yuka and Titan can both take care of themselves now... No one would really miss me if I never came back... Nari heaved a third sigh and shook her head. Stop thinking that way... The whole pack should be considered family. Nari opened her eyes to glance back to Nios with an apologetic look. "I..uh... Have been waiting for a long time for him to come back, but maybe now that its summer I should stop looking. I don't know." Nari shrugged her own shoulders then looked to the ground quietly.

Played by Rachel who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn

What was meant to be a compliment had a light switch effect -- one moment, her face shone brightly with a smile, seemingly pleased by his presence.. the next, her smile disappeared and a storm cloud seemed to settle over her at that point. Blinking, his ears preened forward as she explained, and swallowing, Nios felt a surge of guilt wash over at him. He might as well have slapped her!

"He sounds like a fucking fool," he decided then, his voice becoming more solemn as he quietly regarded Narime. Had this not been their first interlude he might have closed the distance between them, cradling her face against his chest in a silent apology. But as it stood, she was a complete stranger to him, and he doubted she would much appreciate the gesture. "And he definitely doesn't deserve for you to wait for him."

It was a strange feeling that nagged at him in that very moment -- a pale face rose in his memory.. the scent of fresh pine. His own winter romance in Argent Plateau had set a fire in him at the time.. but in the end, it had flickered out without even a smoulder. He was no better than the guy who had seemingly up and left his family.

Except he hadn't left her with a pack to run.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you," he offered then, feeling the silence stretch between with rising awkwardness. Shifting his weight, Nios made to stand slowly, giving his pelt a light shake as if to rid himself of the wariness that had suddenly descended upon him. The gesture itself was made to show that the conversation was coming to an end -- he was certain he had overstayed his welcome in her presence.

'cause its home, but it's gone

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Things got a little more awkward after the mentioning of her mate's disappearance. Nari felt a little bad for Nios now as the silence began to stretch between them. She never meant to make him uncomfortable, even if the truth was as such. However Nari was not a liar, and even lying to a stranger made her feel wrong. So she simply didn't lie or twist the truth at all.

and the fool once danced with the queen... Nari thought quietly after Nios outburst. She wondered if the dark wolf was right. If she should just stop waiting and start looking for someone else.

If she should start looking for a real king.

When the young Tainn apologized she simply shook her head and cast a gentle smile his way. Her tail flipped to one side while her body tense a minute amount.

"Don't worry about it. It's not really your problem." She spoke softly while copying the shadowy males movements. Picking herself up off the ground and stretching her long willowy legs lightly, Nari prepared herself for her own departure. As per usual she would have a lot to think about for the next few days, but for once the thought of moving on didn't bring tears to her eyes. Perhaps because the womans heart was slowly healing the hole Sloane had left. Maybe one day I'll find someone else to stand tall beside. For I'm no longer Narime Lagina Thorben, but just Narime Lagina a widow looking for someone to lean on.

"I should really be going now, but it was really nice to meet you Nios." She looked up, the brightness in her clear blue gaze returning once more to light up her face. "I hope we get to meet again someday." A slow wag of her tail began as Nari turned a bit to the right just about ready to leave.

Once Nios spoke his farewell Nari dipped her head to him then looked forward towards her destination. Soon her legs were moving as the woman departed from the unexpected meet and greet.

(exit Nari)

Played by Rachel who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn

She might have responded with a carefree attitude, but her eyes spoke otherwise. Nios, unwilling to look in to her gaze for too long as he did not want to challenge her, yet he could see something lingering there. He could not judge though – a few exchanged words did not make them more than brief acquaintances, and the ebony male would be the first to admit he held little insight to the thoughts and feelings of others.

Whatever conversation they had been partaking in came to an abrupt close after the shift of topics, and while Nios could have regretted losing the company of the stunning silver lady, he also felt sharp relief at managing to dodge the awkward silence that was beginning to stretch between them. Lifting as she did (his Tainn heritage did allow room for some more gentlemanly mannerisms, despite his brusque nature), the ebony male gave a dip of his muzzle in quiet farewell. “Best of luck, Narime,” he murmured in return, watching as she turned to leave then. Little did he know that in the near future, her words would ring true and he would become her subordinate.

As she disappeared, he slowly settled back to a quiet sit. His bright yellow eyes cast over the gloomy forest, wondering what it had been like before the fire had swept through. His father had always spoken fondly of it, but it was hard to imagine a time when Ruiko was a pup, playing among the foliage with his many brothers and sisters.

Now, instead of innocent laughter, the trees offered the forest nothing but an unsettling silence.

'cause its home, but it's gone