(See All?) Announcements
313 Users Online
Bing

finding mister lake — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Der who has 24 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leaf Nattsu

If there was anything that the little wolf thought highly about herself, it was in not getting lost. It was not only this but also her uncanny ability to find that which was lost. Granted she had received the services of a mouse who thought it would be humorous to send the little wolf tumbling down the not-so little cliff, but when the little wolf was able to get up back on her feet and dust herself off, she stood with chest puffed high and out. She did not mean to be immodest, but pride was always indecent.

"Mister Lake, I have found you!" she declared. It was all she could do to assure the lake that everything was going to be all right now. Running up the edge of the lake, she slowed before cautiously dipping a paw into the waters. The temperature was just right. Without further thought, the little wolf flung herself in. The waters momentarily splashed upwards and then rippled back into the conformity of the rest of the waves, sending a pair of ducks flocking into the air. They glared at her from far above, upset that their date had been interrupted, and left quacking noisily in complaint.

Leaf poked her head up out of the waters but did not gasp. She had found something, and she grasped it tightly between her jaws. Paddling back to the shore, she dropped the item and finally took in a breath of air. She collapsed onto the ground and then turned onto her back. Sun spots filled her eyes as she stared into the hot whiteness of the sun above. When she looked away, all the world was sparkles. Quietly she tucked her treasure underneath her two paws and then closed her eyes. Maybe the mouse had been related to the first one she had met back at the Heights when she had first arrived. Maybe that was why he had been so mean.

(This post was last modified: May 21, 2014, 08:04 PM by Leaf.)
Played by alexy-poo who has 16 posts.

Bobbing his head to unheard rhythms Alphaeus strode emphatically through relic lore. He didn’t care if being loud was unsafe, or unconducive to finding something to eat; he made sure every paw-step crunched the undergrowth or made the awful squelching squeal birthed only by grade-A earthy sludge. And if neither of those noises could produce enough chaos to satiate his desire he made sure to swing his head sharply to the side with his cream accented jaw to wrench any nearby foliage into tatters. These actions were not for him to have fun, none of these things were especially entertaining. These acts of violence a boisterous energy were statements of vitality and authority. If he wanted something to break he would break it. Just like that… twig. If he wanted to tear someone down, he would tear them down. Just like these… leaves.

The boy was so concerned about establishing his dominance over nature that he was almost reluctant to interact with the foolish youth that he imagined had washed ashore sometime very recently, she was after all still very moist and seemingly winded. Reluctance gave way to envy however, when he noticed that she seemed to be harboring something strange betwixt her dainty paws.

Without uttering a word to the small crimson lady, Alphaeus emerged from the rocky cliffs with stony scowl. What did she think she was doing, hiding something from such a regal and respected wolf like himself? At once offended and livid he navigated down the rock face on spindly legs, only to begin sprinting at the girl with all his might as soon as his dark paws registered even ground. He did his best to give her little time to react and dove sharply towards the red girl’s treasure with seeking jaws as soon as he deemed it within reach. He was going to snatch the damn thing from her if it was the last thing he did today. As far as he was concerned it was his already.

(This post was last modified: May 30, 2014, 05:24 AM by Alphaeus.)
Inactive No Rank
Leaf Nattsu
Found myself amused by your post! (This might be my last post before my absence, I'm afraid.)

Leaf would not be a victim of a crime she herself committed quite often. Her nostrils flared as she sensed the other lone wolf, and while she typically would have been at ease, this time she paid heed. She had a treasure between her paws, after all, and although she feared little for her own life, she did fear for its life. Her ears flicked gently as she scanned the horizon with her eyes alone, the pale green bright and vivid in the afternoon sunshine. However, it seemed she would not have to try hard to detect the other wolf's whereabouts. He thrashed about the woods, but it was when all fell silent that the little red wolf found her body tensing. She could have never expected the sudden onslaught.

With a yelp of surprise, Leaf sprang to her feet. Though the other lone wolf was fast, she was faster and equally determined. Yet not even her greater speed could compensate for her initial surprise. She needed to do something before the other wolf stole her treasure, and then it occurred to her in that same moment. "I'm sorry!" she cried aloud, though it did not seem directed to the attacker. Rather, she was talking to it. Without room for another word, she chucked her treasure towards the other wolf. Her eyes gleamed with mischief, and there might have been a smile dimpling her face.

"Bite him! Bite him hard, Mr. Turtle!" she followed as the hard-shelled body rocketed through the air which was followed by a small striped head with snapping jaws. It was not as if the turtle had been pleased to be with the little red wolf--though Leaf would tell you otherwise--and it did not seem his sentiments would change with this wolf. No, he clearly sought vengeance and blood.

(This post was last modified: May 30, 2014, 07:38 PM by Leaf.)

The little girl’s squeal of surprise was music to Alphaeus’ orange-tinged ears, and for a moment he almost considered ceasing his onslaught after her apology rattled through the otherwise serene lakeshore, almost. After all, she had done a very bad thing! Hiding treasures that he wanted for himself--despite his not knowing at all what they were. She was a very naughty thing and he would teach the girl a lesson that would keep her on the straight and narrow the rest of her life; What Alphaeus wants he gets.

The delight in his eyes vanished in a moment, and at that same moment, he desperately wished his momentum would suddenly vanish as well. Everything was in slow motion now, and he could see the little monster sailing towards his face with a demented determination oozing from its little black eyes and a hauntingly ominous clicking noise emanating from its jaw which snapped open and close in wait. All the cocksure boy could do was cringe and turn his own snapping face to the side in hopes that the little turtle would latch onto an area of his face less sensitive then his tongue.

Alphaeus skidded to a stop just short from where the red girl had originally been, kicking up several pebbles that skittered in the red wolf’s direction. Slowly he opened his burnished topaz eyes, twisting his head to peer menacingly at the little bitch who had viciously assaulted him. Had it not been for the sudden realization of pain he probably would have launched himself at the girl again and punished her for being so smart.

The male’s eyes widened suddenly, tearing slightly despite his most masculine efforts. He jerked his head at a sharp angle, snapping wildly at the little creature lodged beneath his cheek bone while spinning and bucking his body wildly. It was no use. Anatomically speaking it was literally impossible for him to get the creature off unless it decided to take a break from its carnivorous diet. A few times he even dove his seal brown rear into the shore and gave the creature several vicious scratches with his rear leg, but it refused to depart.

In light of the turtle’s determination, Alphaeus simply gave up. He sat with furrowed brows and a furious glare on the lakeshore, the little turtle occasionally adjusting its grip on Alpha’s cheek and sending shocks of pain throughout his body. "Are you going to help or what?" he grumbled sourly.

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2014, 12:21 AM by Alphaeus.)
Inactive No Rank
Leaf Nattsu

One of the pebbles hit her face! With a yelp of pain, Leaf blinked hard as one of her eyes teared up. She managed to open it up just in time to catch the other male's menacing gaze, and for a moment, she felt something white and hot spark in her soul. The little wolf was not prone to anger, not having much that she cared much for, but for a moment, she felt this unfamiliar feeling, and it quieted her. She watched dumbfounded as the other male battled her faithful companion of ten minutes, watching with unveiled horror as the turtle bit down--and never released. She watched as it persevered under a flurry of scratch attacks but to no avail, and as the preposterousness of the situation became more apparent in her mind, Leaf began to smile. She smiled and smiled until tears formed in her eyes, and it was not long before she was cackling unattractively and loudly into the air.

Rolling onto her back in laughter, she peered at the sour-faced male from below. It was a fitting look for him, she thought. Beneath the layers of madness, she even thought him a little cute. "You, sir, clearly wanted my treasure, and it seems he was more than happy to oblige." She wished she could shower the turtle with a thousand kisses, and she would have if she did not fear her own face. "That really must be painful. You know, those turtles are carnivorous. He probably mistook your face for an ugly fish." She was not mean. She was kind. Oh, it seemed that this ugly fish brought out the worst in her: her youthful, immature side.

(This post was last modified: Jun 17, 2014, 02:42 PM by Leaf.)

Her response to his sincere plea for assistance was a bout of cacophonous laughter. What an excellent day as a lone wolf this is turning out to be... he thought angstily. Not only was this strange wolf adept with strange weapons, but she was also merciless and crazed. With his only option being to power through the pain, a sudden thought entered his mind. If pain really was going to be unavoidable, he may as well be a gentleman and make an effort to share with his new companion.

Rising up from the sand he shot a fierce glare at the girl before gathering his feet beneath himself and launching a second attack. "You're the ugly fish!" he shouted as loud as he could manage (which was really startlingly loud) as he pounced at the girl who lay so defenseless before him. With ears pinned stiffly to his head Alphaeus' face darted towards the girls neck and chest area, his teeth searching for purchase on anything at all.

He fantasized about grabbing the little creature by her red nape and dragging her into the water for a dunking, at least if he didn't get a chance to do that he'd have the thought to make him feel better later in life. He would probably really need it right after catching a glimpse of, what would definitely become a trademark scar, in his reflection sometime in the future. Or, on the other hand, if the turtle never let go, it would probably just be more of a rancid accessory.

Inactive No Rank
Leaf Nattsu
This probably isn't too important, but I think Leaf is actually still a lone wolf in this thread.
I also did a little power-playing. Let me know if it bothers you...!

What! She clearly was not the ugly fish. If she were, then the turtle would be firmly attached to her cheek and not his. Opening her mouth to correct this flaw in logic, she was tragically interrupted. The loudness of his voice, along with the menacing gleam of his ever approaching teeth, froze her in place. She stared as the other wolf once more attempted to attack her, but this time she was too slow to entirely escape. The more forgiving tissue of her neck would have to do. Twisting her body and head out of the way, she felt his teeth clamp onto her nape, and for a moment, she was caught in an infantile position. It was as if she were a mere pup, and he her guardian taking her back to the den after an afternoon of shenanigans. It was her turn to protest.

"Unhand me, you monster!" she said in a voice that was uncharacteristically pompous. Helplessly she strained against the other wolf, who she doubted was stronger than her but certainly had the advantage. The waters were drawing closer, and she realized he wanted to dunk her. It wasn't as if she minded the water so much, but to be dunked against her will--now that was intolerable!

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, hatehateyou!" she wailed as the inevitable drew nearer and nearer. "Someone, please help me! I'm being raped!" Well, that wasn't entirely true but for all intents and purposes it might as well have. She did feel violated, after all, and she was in an equally desperate situation. Lucky for the other wolf's ears, her shrill cries soon ended as she was submerged under the waters. However, it was also underneath that she bumped into something rather hard and shell-like. Hope. Who knew that wolves could smile underwater.

When Alphaeus saw panic in the female's eyes he knew he had already won. She hesitated for a moment to long and his jaws clamped shut on her nape with unmerciful strength. She protested but he could not hear a thing over all the win he was experiencing. Stiff legged he oriented the girl towards the lake and pressed on as if on a very professional and serious mission. One, Two, Three, Four steps and he was in the shallows preparing to carry out his holy quest.

"Someone, please help me! I'm being raped!" that he heard.

Then it was Alphaeus' turn to feel panicked. Suddenly the world was a billion degrees hotter and freezing cold at the same time. He needed a moment to think. Narrowing his brows he shoved the girl underwater to keep her quiet. She was just straight up lying. The world would know that right? There was no way some knight in shining armor was going to show up and kill him for this girl's lie... Right?

Gulping heavily he reeled the girl out of the water, "Okay, that's just gross!" he protested angrily from behind a mouthful of her fur. Without another moment's wait he dropped her like a rock into the surrounding water and darted out of the water. Pausing for a second on the beach to shake the excess water off his coat, he looked back at the girl still wading in the water with a deadly glare. "You don't play right, I'm going home..." he snorted before scampering back up the incline.