Bing, Google

Once Upon a Time You Loved Me — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Backdated to May 12th; Early Evening @Yuka

Speech.

After her meeting with Maksim, the petite scout had made a snap decision. As far as she knew, her and Ash were on good terms. Or so she thought. She had reasoned with herself that it would only be a quick visit, and she would be nowhere near the borders, so there would be no harm in it. So, with a firm mind but weary paws, the woman set out on another quest. This one, all her own. She crossed the familiar landscape of Drooping Willows, vaguely remembering that this was the place where she had settled when she had first arrived in Relic Lore. Her paws lead her onto the familair path that would lead her away from the willows and into the blooming, tall grasses of Hush Meadow. When she arrived, the woman stood still. She was tired, on almost non stop travel for six days. Two days to arrive to Cut Rock River territory, where she had met up with Naia and her nephew, Karpos. Then two days travel to get back home only to get a few hours of sleep, then wake up to officially claim a portion of Blackberry Fields as their own, only to leave that very day to set off to Southern Eden once again for official pack buisness. To say she was starting to run on fumes would be an understatement. She could've been using this time to catch up on sleep, but instead she was here. To see if the boy who had loved her once, could ever love her again.

As she looked around the meadow, memories began to drift through her head. The day when she reunited with Minka and met a very sick and pregnant Narime, only to get accepted into the pack. The day when she had gone on her first scouting mission for Narime, to Willow Ridge. Where she had acquainted herself with Elettra and Guiness. The day when she had first meant Yuka, and he had shyly called her pretty. The very first time when Yuka called her his Angel. The memories brought a pang to her heart. Taking in a shaky breath, Inali refocused on her mission at hand. It was not time to dwell on her past. Her scrutinizing gaze searched the meadow and trees around her. He had always liked to be cornered up in the shadows, not really liking or choosing to interact with others. She knew he was out here. She could feel it.

Yuka had been her little boy. She had practically raised the growong teen. But now, now he hated her. She was afraid she would never win back his affections. Taking a step towards the trees, where her blue orbs caughy a strange looking shadow, the woman opened her maw. "Yuka?," Inali called out tentatively, almost pleadingly. He just had to be here.

[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Played by Lightning who has 216 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

He had not been himself ever since his ang...no she wasn't his angel any longer. She had betrayed him and in the worst way possible. Denying his protection and loyalty...without telling him and after he made himself so vulnerable to her. She was just as bad as his own parents, having left him at such an early age. What was he even living for anyway, especially with....with this horrid face. Never could he have ever believed that he would get such a scar in a fight, where it would deform his handsome face in a way that made him much less appealing to look at. He couldn't even bare to look at himself. The young Thorben had been horrified when he had been found by two new members, and couldn't bare to watch their faces as they looked upon him. Now his physical appearance matched what everyone thought of him, he was a mistake, someone who didn't belong.

He had been trying to get some time out to himself, but when he noticed a painfully familiar scent coming towards his way, he was quick to hide in the shadows, and especially hide his face from her. If he hadn't been distracted by thoughts of his former idol, then he certainly wouldn't be in such a position he was in now. He remained silent and still has he watched the much smaller woman in front of him. If he wanted to, he could have easily taken her down. He should have taken her down, she was not allowed her. But as always, she somehow knew that he was hear and called out for him. He closed his eyes, trying to block out the pain that was pulsing inside of him. He didn't know what else to do and simply watched her. The woman's gaze was not exactly on him, for he was deeply consumed within the shadows, and he was going to use that his advantage.

Letting his voice boom out as he had so easily recalled Ash doing many times, he was pleased with the result as his large baritone voice carried across the land, "You shouldn't be here, Miss Wayha, Ash and Narimé will not be pleased." He spoke in an even tone, not letting his emotions get the best of his voice. He certainly didn't want her knowing what was going on inside of him, and what had physically happened to him. Even though it was painful to admit to himself, her opinion still mattered to him, and that bothered him more than anything had ever in his life. He wanted her to approve of him, and if that meant doing his duty and not showing his face, then he would do it. No one deserved to have to look upon his face, he looked like a monster, and maybe...just maybe...he would turn into such a thing.

AustriaAngloAlliance @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

Silence was all that she heard at first, but at the sudden voice making itself heard through the shadows, the woman couldn't help but jump slightly, startled. For a second she didn't recognize the voice, thinking it was Ash. But then the words were processed in her head and she couldn't help but flinch as if he had physically hurt her. Her gaze shifted through the shadows, knowing he was here. But where, she couldn't tell. It had seemed he had learned well from Ash, for she remembered that the boy had been planning to seek him out. And seek him out he did, for the last time she had seen Yuka, he had no longer been the small runt of Nari's litter. He had been growing into a strong, intelligent, handsome man. A man who she would no doubt be proud of. She was proud of the teen even now. He had expressed interest in becoming a Gaurdian, and here he was, doing his duty like he had always wanted. Through the midst of her pain his words had caused her, she couldn't help but still admire him.

He had spoken in such an even tone, that for a second, she had actually been fooled. She had almost been fooled in the idea, that he truly had no affect of her leaving. But she knew the lad better than that. She had seen his face when he had found out of her plans, though indefinite as they were at the time. In his eyes, she had betrayed him. In a way, she had. But he needed to know her side of the story! She hadn't wanted to leave him.

Gathering up all the courage she could, Inali opened her maw. "I am not here to cause trouble. You of all people should know that, Yuka," she began demurely, speaking in the general direction she percieved him to be. "You...you need to know why I left. Please honey, just let me talk to you." The endearment had slipped effortlessly off her tongue, and pain was clear in her voice. Couldn't he see how much his hate was killing her?

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

He remained hidden in the shadows, hardly moving a muscle in fear that she would be able to pinpoint his location. It was quite clear to him that he had succeeded in startling her, even if he had not meant to. After all, she was the one that had called out to him, asking for him. The Thorben did not exactly know what she wanted with him, but he knew one thing was for sure, his face would not be revealed to her. He was no longer the properly primed prince that lived in Whisper Caverns, but the scarred, hideous monster that he truly was. And as much as he held anger towards the woman in front of his eyes, he knew he would never be able to deny her anything, she had, after all, been his angel since he had been born. If only things had been different for them, and she hadn't lied to him, things would be much easier, for all of them.

When her voice broke through his thoughts, he had to close his eyes shut tight to block out the pain that was festering within his heart and soul. Yuka knew he could not deny her anything, especially not a chance to explain to him why she had done what she had. Why she, when she had known what his internal thoughts were, would betray him as though his loyalty meant nothing to her. So calmly, Yuka released a breath of air quietly before letting his voice boom over his former angel's ears once again, "Very well....you may speak, and I will listen from my position." Never would he allow her to look upon his mangled face, no one deserved to look upon it. He waited for the other woman's response, knowing that it would most likely be a long one. His ange- no his former mentor had been fond of words, and would very often try to get him to speak more. Silently, he waited, anticipating the pain that was to come from her words.

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

The time ticked on and Inali was becoming nervous, still waiting on his response. Finally, Yuka responded. His tone was just as even as before, the lid on his composure as strong as steel. Why wouldn't he let her in? Why wouldn't he just show his emotions? Of course, he no longer held a reason to trust her after what she had done. A small frown made her muzzle crease, distorting her usually kind features. Opening her maw, the woman began her tale. I never did tell you of my childhood, did I?," she began. Well, I was the runt of the litter, with two.older brothers. To make a long story short, my father was a cold man who possessed an equally cold heart. My brothers were his favorite, perfect in every way. While me...I was everything but. A little after I became a Yearling, I left. I could no longer stay in a place I was never wanted nor loved. It wasn't until I had reached my second birthday that I stumbled onto Relic Lore and ultimately, Whisper Caverns." The woman took a breather, sitting down on her haunches before deciding to continue. This was where the story truly began.

"These lands had became my home, and by the time I had sworn my loyalty to this place to you, I could truly not imagine myself at the time to be anywhere else. But then, everything started falling apart. The pack was crumbling in front of my very own eyes and I could do nothing to stop it. These lands that had once been my heaven, had slowly become.my everlasting hell. In all ways, you were the only thing left that was keeping me here. You were my safe haven in the midst of the choas." Lapsing into silence, the rust hued woman ledt him in his thoughys for a brief time before continuing. "Remember the day you found me in the snow? The day before the pack meeting? I swore to myself that I would tell you then, for my decision had yet to be made. But you looked so happy that I couldn't bear to tell you then. I left Whisper Caverns because my heart was no longer in it. But that didn't mean that I left you." Her voice grew firm then, as she was reaching the end of her monologue. Yes I lied, and that was horrible of me. But you are also at fault, my love. You could've let me explain, instead of jumping to irrational conclusions! After the pack meeting, I tried to find you. But from that day, you avoided me like the plague. So don't lay the blame only on my shoulders! For you, my young Knight, are smarter than that." Her voice had risen more than her usual soft tones, but only enough to know that she was angry. Though, with Yuka, she could never stay angry for long.

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

The boy remained silent, his ears pricked forward so that he would be able to hear her words better. As he listened he felt his eyebrows crease in concern at the beginning of her story, slightly concerned about the woman's growth, but then he reminded himself of what she had done to him, and how she had lied and betrayed him. Huffing softly, he listened on, her teal-flecked eyes turning colder as she went into more depth of her betrayal. Inali went as far to claim that he had also been at fault, when he was not true. He didn't need the facts to know that she had lied to him and in the end, betrayed him. It didn't matter that Minka was her best friend, Inali had been his only strong head figure in his life, and she had not just betrayed him, but lied to him in the process. It was what made his anger light even higher.

Unconsciously, his lips peeled back in an ugly snarl, even more so now that the ligament in his lip was torn, and growled out to her in a dangerous tenor voice, "Don't you dare tell me that I'm at fault here... I swore myself as a protector to you and the pack when you told me that you would never see yourself leaving the Caverns. You obviously respected my decision enough to LIE TO MY FACE AND DECEIVE ME! I adored you, and loved you, because you were the only person that could look upon me with no scorn or disgrace...and now even that will be ruined," by my hideous face, he mentally added. His voice had gotten louder and louder until he was snarling and it was booming in the area around them. His former angel had fallen, and now he too was an angel. One from hell.

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

His words pierced her heart, but also ignited a flame. A flame of pure anger. She had apologized time and time again, why couldn't he just think past of her one mistake?! Sure, he had a right to be angry, but the woman knew that if he could just forgive her transgressions, both of their lives would be so much easier. Though, Inali knew from experience that the Fates just loved screwing you over. Nothing ever went like you wanted it to. Her hackles rose, and she felt an anger that she hadn't felt in a long time. "DON'T YOU DARE YELL AT ME!," her patience finally reaching its peak. Her voice was a mixture of pain and anger. She was shocked that she had actually screamed, for she had never risen her voice like that, to anyone, in her time in the Lore. Inali was so shocked that she froze momentarily, her blinking eyes her only movement.

Regaining her composure, she cleared her throat. "How many times do I have to repeat myself?," she questioned. "Im sorry, Yuka. But, your words are wrong. Nothing is 'ruined'. I will always love you. I will always adore you. I could never look at you with disgrace or scorn. What could possibly put that into your head?" As she spoke, she moved closer to where she thought he was. Inali needed to see his face. She was tired of speaking to the shadows. She wanted to have this conversation face to face.

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

He was shocked by the intensity of her voice. She had never dare speak to him like that and yet here she was, disrespecting him on his lands where she had betrayed him. Before she could say anything else, he let his voice boom about towards her, "You have no right speaking that way to me, Miss Wayha. You betrayed my family and broke my mother. You don't deserve to even be standing here." His own words pained him. His former angel had meant so much to him and now all the hopes they had were shattered. He knew that when someone had a relationship, it was a two way path but he also knew that there was no way he could forgive her for what had happened. He had been used and his feelings had been abused. Never did he ever want to love again, and it was all because of her. She truly had ruined something, it had been his entire being.

Her own words towards him tore at him from the inside. She was trying to get him to reveal himself, and that was not going to happen. She was, once again, trying to play with his feelings to the point where he would show himself to her, but that would never work. He was hideous, and as much hatred that he harbored for the tan woman in front of him, he wouldn't want to wish anyone seeing his face. He was, after all, a monstrosity, just as his family had always thought him to be. Inali use to think of him as handsome, but never could he imagine a woman looking upon his face and calling him attractive. And so, as the Wayha crept her way closer to his hiding place, Yuka slunk further back into the shadows to the point where he easily blended in with them.

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2014, 05:27 PM by Yuka.)
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Speech.

She had paid no attention to his words, now accustomed to the sting it brought to her heart. At the moment, she didn't care what he thought. Inali knew it was his anger speaking and she knew if she could just break down that wall of anger, her old Yuka would resurface. The one who she had come to view as her own son. Intelligent, well-mannered and even tempered. She just had to find him first, in all senses of the word. Her slim figure easily slipped into the shadows, her paws remembering the terrain like it was just yesterday that she had happily scouted them. Her muzzle twitched as she tried to find his scent and she opened her maw. "Have you forgotten what I am? As a scout, my job isn't only to deliver messages to and fro. I lived in these meadows for almost a year, Yuka. I know every inch of these lands, and I will find you." Determination rang in her soft tones.

The petite woman knew every nook and cranny of this place...as much as she'd rather forget. She couldn't deny that she had happy times here. Memories were created that, deep in her heart, she would cherish forever. Her body weaved through the grass, her paws silent as she too kept to the shadows. The woman could tell she was getting close to where he was. The scent she was taking in was practically engraved into her mind. She could never forget it. She stopped abruptly, making sure to breath as softly and with as much intervals as she could. He would soon make a mistake, whether it was by stepping on a twig, or just making any sort of rustle. Her ears strained to listen, ignoring the sounds of the night. He was just but a child, still learning his trade. Though, she wasn't perfect herself. As she moved from her silent perch, she opened her maw once again. "By the way, I met someone." Her tone was as if they were carrying a regular conversation, not their angry verbal match. "Someone very special." She hoped to use her words to lure her to him. She knew Yuka had always been very protective of her and the concept of her possibly finding a mate would disturb him. It's not like it was a lie. She couldn't get Naia out of her head, no matter how much her own feelings toward the woman confused her. She took a breath and Inali grinned in triumph. Yuka couldn't hide from her, neither physically nor emotionally. She was too pushy for that. She cared for him too much. The petite scout was very close, she could feel it. If only he would just come to her.

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben
Was given permission to PP this.

He glared at her when he was returned with nothing after he had spoken. It seemed, even the woman's persona had been a lie to him. No well-mannered wolf would completely ignore and not acknowledge when another wolf was speaking, it was plain rude. Her amber teal flecked eyes followed her carefully as she slipped into the shadows. Locking up every muscle in his body like Ash had suggested, he remained perfectly still, his eyes watching his prey. Her every move amused him. Obviously her skills weren't as up to par as she thought they were. He watched her carefully his left ear flicking slightly when she spoke and his eyes darkening. Of course, she had found someone different, it didn't surprise her. After all, traitors always did all kinds of traitorous things. And once again, she had lied to him. They had once promised one another that they would met their significant other, and the thought angered him. His blood pressure was rising, and soon all he could see was red. It was perfect, her back was to him and she had no clue where he was.

Moving as silent as a mouse and as stealthy as a panther, the Thorben made his way towards the Wayha, his body low to the ground before he pushed his weight onto his back legs and launched himself onto his former angel's back, his hind legs pinning her back down, and one of his large front paws on the ground to keep him stable and the other on Inali's neck so that she couldn't move her head to look directly at him. Expertly, he stayed out of her line of vision and whispered in a dangerous tone to her, "You have obviously forgotten who I've been taking lessons from...and if you remember, which it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't, when I commit myself to something or someone, I stick with it for the rest of my life. I don't need to lie to people to get what I want and I certainly don't have to hurt others in the process. You crushed my mother's heart. She believed that she had built a pack on loyalty and family. And you all turned out to be no better than Sloane." As he said this he glared at the back of his former mentor and guide. He truly was no longer the gentleman, he was a monster, just as everyone always thought he was. And it was time that his former angel gave up on him too.