(See All?) Announcements
950 Users Online
Sophrosnia, Google, Bing

To Catch a Dream
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
For Ame~ I'm just kind of assuming that she's already there.
While noisy gales blew loudly outside, Alexander rested silently within his den. His eyes were locked carefully upon the opening, watching occasionaly puffs of thick snowflakes blow through into the mountain den. He was pleased to have such a comfortable place to sleep. And no longer would he sleep alone, nor would he be cold. He had Amelie now. His heart still thumped when he thought of that. It had been days now, perhaps a week (though who was really counting), since it had all happened.

Things had slowly been falling into place. First he watched as Midnight Plateau thickened around him. It was no longer just him and Borden, a pack of bachelors. But a pack of eight. The pessimism had retreated back into the depths of his mind, no longer hissing annoyingly in his ear. He wondered how much time would pass until they gained more numbers. His pale eyes traced the form of his mate near him, and he thought of the patter of small paws. Pups on a mountain. The thought frightened him, especially if the children were his own. But it wasn't necessarily something that could be avoided, now could it? <b style="color:#d1d296">"speech."

Played by Vero who has 95 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Amé, too, was happy she would no longer be alone. Not only this, but she would be beside Alexander, out of all others, until the day she died. Laying on the rocky den floor beside Alex, Amélie slept peacefully, dreaming about the journey she had just started. In her dream was Alexander and four small powderpuffs all racing and wrestling joyfully. A smile curled Amé's lips, but it would not be long lived. Suddenly her dream grew dark as a snow storm cloaked their mountain, camouflaging each one of her pudgy puppies. She panicked as she imagined them getting hurt or falling down the slopes of the mountain. A mountain was no place for a puppy to be on its own, never mind four of them! Her brows furrowed as she dreamt this and she began to whimper softly before abruptly waking up. Amé jerked her head upwards, her heart thumping firmly against her chest, as her eyes adverted to Alexander who had been beside her the entire time.

It was just a bad dream...

"Darling," she whispered frowning softly, "I had a bad dream, sorry if I startled you." She wasn't sure if Alexander had been awake or if she had been the one to stir him. Seeking comfort, the dove furrowed her head into her mate's neck as she released a sigh of relief. Everything was okay.

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
He'd begun to doze, finding the warmth despite the snow to be rather comforting when she shifted beside him, expelling a whine before finally waking with with a jerk of her head. Alex couldn't help but jump a bit. He wondered, after she admitted that she'd had a bad dream, if they'd been thinking of the same thing? It would be no use to ask, since recalling a nightmare was unquestionably cruel, so he merely allowed her to seek comfort in his chest, and he rested his head on the top of her own.

<b style="color:#51b85f">"Of course not," He lied, <b style="color:#51b85f">"I was watching the snow." Lifting his head a minutely, he pointed his muzzle towards the mouth of the cave where the massive white globs were falling, and visibly collecting upon the ground. <b style="color:#51b85f">"If it would do any good, perhaps you could tell me about your dream?" He looked down at her, wondering if it was an acceptable question. He wouldn't force anything out of her, despite his own curiosity. <b style="color:#51b85f">"speech."

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Amé, felt a little more at ease knowing that she had not stirred him, her naivety acting to her benefit this time. Blinking lazily, the dove looked out to the snow that Alexander claimed to have been watching. It seemed another snow storm was brewing...that, or it was just passing. Her eyes slid back to Alexander when he inquired about his dream and she nodded her head lightly. "Well," she began softly, almost timidly, "I had a dream we had puppies. They were beautiful..." Amé smiled softly as her eyes trailed down to her paws. "It was nice with you and me...and them." She was in a moment of bliss when suddenly, her brows furrowed, and a frown melted in place of her smile. "A snow storm suddenly began and they were lost in the flakes. I panicked because I couldn't find them, and then I woke up." She fell silent then and lifted her eyes again to him again. "But, it was only a dream.

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné

x x x

He was thankful that she was willing to disclose her dream to him. And he was quite surprised to hear that it had actually been so similar, if not the same, to his thoughts. He pressed his nose to her ear, as she continued to speak. As she finished, he exhaled, moving away just slightly. "That's all it was, just a dream." He smiled, hoping that his words were true. Spring would be coming soon...He hoped that part of their thoughts would come true, but what if it all did? Alexander couldn't begin to imagine the agony of losing a child. He'd lived with his own parents for so long, he was certain that they'd left little sadness when he left. Unless, of course, he was wrong. He frowned slightly, imagining his mother.

"Spring will be here soon..." He noted, shaking the image from his mind. "There won't be any threat of snow." Leaning slightly, he licked her muzzle. "I'm sure my mother would have loved to know that she had grandchildren." Alexander laughed lightly, then frowned. It wasn't as if she was dead! He certainly hoped that she wasn't.

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Amé nodded in agreement with her mate. A part of her truly was relieved it was all a dream, but a part of her was glum. She wished those puppies were real. Although she had only been with them in her dreams, she already loved them dearly. The attachment she had experienced was like nothing she had ever felt before. As her eyes trailed back down to her snowy paws, Alexander mentioned that his mother would love to have grandchildren. "Will we try for puppies this season, Alex," she asked, though honestly already knew the answer. She knew he wanted puppies already, for she could tell just by his choice of words and demeanor. However, she did not know if he would want them this season because they had only just become mates. And as for his mother? Where was she? "Where is your mother," she asked, noting he had never mentioned her before. She could tell of his sensitivity towards the subject, so in an attempt to comfort him, brushed her cheek against his shoulder.

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné

x x x

Perhaps it had been rude of him to speak so openly about the fact that Spring was nearly sprung, and his mother, and the lack of snow. He certainly didn't want to pressure her, since she would be the one having to go through with all of this. He would just have to make her as comfortable as possible. But that wouldn't be too hard, he hoped. His mother had never conceived again, so his experience with pregnant females was slim to absolutely none.

But if he had thought that he'd spoken clearly, she had done both and yelled it out loud. Her question was honest, though, and she just chose not to beat around the bush about it. It made him feel a million times better about...Well, everything between them. "Only if you feel that you're ready." He turned his pale yellow gaze on her, utterly serious. There was so much risk for her, and the children they could conceive. He didn't want anything like that to happen to either party. "She's probably still with my old pack. With my father." The old girl would be a bit old now...He just hoped that she was still alive.

However, thinking about them hadn't brought much sadness to him in quite some time. It was stressful at first, wondering if he should have just gone back home, shortly after arriving in Relic Lore. But things started to come together, and he liked that. He just hoped that as his absence drew out, they would understand that he wasn't coming back. He wasn't a child anymore...They didn't need his help.

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

If Amé would have looked into her future, she would have never thought to be where she was so fast. Already, she was planning to become a mother after just becoming a leader aside Alexander. She was thrilled about it all, as it seemed almost like she was living a dream. "Yes, I want to," she said, giving Alex a tender smile. "I am actually very excited about the idea," she admitted as she rubbed her cheek against his shoulder. "And I can even already tell you would be a wonderful father." A soft smile played her lips as she imagined him romping around with their children. "So if you're willing, I am also."

As for his mother, she frowned lightly, simply because it reminded her of her own family. They were still at the sanctuary she was sure, as they were one of the main breeding pairs. How she hoped she would see them again, but the truth was that it was a long shot. "That's nice. That they're still leading together."

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné

x x x

She was excited. It brought a wide smile to his face. But despite all of that, he was still worried. The mountain was so dangerous, and he just kept thinking about his thoughts and her dream. Even if the pups would be safe on the snow-less mountain, what about her while she was carrying them? Some mountainous feline so eager to take advantage of an expectant female...He withheld a snarl, and merely let out a heavy sigh, keeping his smile on his face. There was no need to frighten her as well. She was probably just as aware of the risks as he was.

Then again, perhaps he was just overreacting, over thinking it all. He carefully licked her muzzle, sighing again. "What about your family?" Casting his pale eyes upon her clear blue ones, he realized he'd never really inquired about her family before.

Inactive I. Leader
Amélie Devaux-Dieudonné

♥ ♥ ♥

Amé also had concerns about the mountain. Not being used to the uneven surfaces made the mountain a danger already, she could not imagine being pregnant and climbing it. Truth be told, she was not particularly fond of the terrain, but her love for Alexander overshadowed it all. She would be with him no matter where they lived.

Amélie's gaze shifted to Alexanders face and she shrugged. "My parents are still at the sanctuary, I'm pretty sure. I don't know if the humans will ever let them leave." It was a sad truth she had to face. "As for my siblings...I'm not sure. They were released when I was, but I don't know where." Her last attempt to find them was futile, so she simply assumed they were released somewhere so far away, she would never see them again. "I wish you would have met my brothers. You would have liked them." A nostalgic smile rested on her muzzle and she sighed as her gaze finally fell onto her paws.