439 Users Online
Bing, Google

When she cries in the night — Black Thorn Downs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 44 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anstice Alexa
Open to all of BTD

Anstice had been in the alpha's old birthing den and it was nice. She knew Chuylin could not get at her or Abadeer on the territory and it felt good to not have to constantly move around. Her son would be raised in a sound pack with sound laws, one that was kind enough to take her in and give her child a life, not a loner life for that was no life for a pup at all, but a life where he could play without the worry of being stolen. When he was old enough to understand than Anstice would warn Abadeer of the dangers of his father. Hopefully the boy would manage to recognize the threat and mind the words she would tell him. For now he was a ball of stark white fur nestled up against her own. He had puppy clue eyes that she hoped would change to match her eyes, copper.

The woman hadn't taken her eyes off of the puppy unless she was sleeping, in which he was constantly nestled up against her stomach. She was very protective of him, her only child. Her only heir right there constantly with her in the birthing den and away from everyone else. She hoped she might be able to get to know the rest of the pack as well as the alphas more specifically. No matter what, she still hadn't had the chance to properly thank Minka for taking her in despite the strange circumstances. Anstice owed them her life as well as her child's life. It was not a debt she would soon forget either.

Love no one but your children
Anstice & Abadeer
On that front a mother has no choice
[Image: hashtags-gbachdontcha.png]
Played by TABs who has 170 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
OOC:Guessing she's inside the den? If not I'll edit this if you want me to.

Tokino held his head proudly high as he loped along their border. Blackberry bushes passed him by in a blur, and though their scent could be tempting to a few; Tokino made no move to satisfy his sugar tooth on the berries. Instead he dutifully accomplished his task of marking the borders with his strong scent.

Now the platinum wolf with icy blue eyes began to wander inside his own territory. He chose a slow comfortable pace and began looking around the landscape for anything interesting. Ninety percent of the blackberries were not fruiting yet, but the flowers gave off an impressive perfume that overrode most of the gray mans sense of smell.

He was wandering close to the old birthing den where Minka had brought his children into the world. Tokino paused there only five wolf lengths away form the backside of the den and welcomed the warm memories. They warmed his body and made the Lagina wolfs heart feel as if it were about to burst. I wonder if either of them like me? he thought quietly remembering the dark coat of Noble and the matching silver fur of his son.

Slowly he strode closer to the den, lowered his head, and peered into what should have been an empty hole in the ground.

Instead his blue eyes spotted a white shape which surprised him so badly that Kino growled and backed up a few paces. He narrowed his gaze looking into the hole from further away. His nose scented blackberry flowers mostly, but as he lowered it to the ground the scent of she wolf and pups came to him. What's this! Tokino growled softly in his head while looking at the white fur of a light colored she wolf. A faint scent of Minka was also near the den which made him calm down a small amount. Her smell there meant that she knew of whoever this was hiding inside their territory.

Who are you..? The words came out as more of an order than a question as the male forced his fur flat and smoothed out his muzzle to appear calm once more. Though his tail lifted higher in position while his head pressed forward leaning to get a look into the den from feet away.

Like a mystery without a clue
Minka & Tokino
There is no me if I cannot have you

[/quote]
Inactive No Rank
Anstice Alexa
OOC: Yes she is ^^

She saw a snout and then heard a growl before realizing that perhaps Minka hadn't told everyone of the arrival of her and her son. Anstice heard the demanding question as an order to find out who she was, as was to be expected from a pack wolf with other pups to care for. "Anstice." She said without any hesitation despite it not being her real name. It was what she went by when she was in the lore and so she would stick to it. "Ma'am Minka said I could be here. She found me at the borders with my child and graciously offered me a home until Abadeer could travel. Longer if we proved ourselves as loyal and responsible packmates." She explained further, filling the man in on what he did not know from that night she would never forget.

First she had lost a daughter. Then the father of her children arrived and threatened to steal her only remaining child away from her. After he left Minka demanded her leave and when Anstice explained that she could not travel with Abadeer than she was taken in. "For the time being you can stay with us, at least until your child is old enough to travel, longer than that if you prove you can earn your keep and are happy there. In the morning I will send our medic to come and check upon you and your young one, you may use my old birthing den as my children are old enough now to use the communal one." The words had a large impact on the northern, white furred, copper eyed mother whom had only been doing the best she could.

Love no one but your children
Anstice & Abadeer
On that front a mother has no choice
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina

He heard an immediate answer. "Anstice" says the female peering up at him from within the shadow filled den. Kino would let his lip pull back to show his fangs if the female decided looked up at him. It was wise of her to continue giving him an explanation of her presence.

"Ma'am Minka said I could be here. She found me at the borders with my child and graciously offered me a home until Abadeer could travel. Longer if we proved ourselves as loyal and responsible packmates." Anstice spoke quickly with an obvious tone of worry as Kino smoothed out his muzzle once more. He stared down into the earth searching for a good view of the pup that was not his. A pup that would arguably have some of their pack members spending energy in getting food for it instead of his own litter. The male debated on what to do. He could send the mother packing, or try to kill the pup who would be competition with his own young. Yeah and you think you have the heart to kill an innocent Kino? He asked himself sighing as he looked into the den.

My name is Tokino Lagina alpha male of the pack you've decided to bring your child to. Just know this, we will share food between your pup and my own for as long as food is plentiful. However if food is scarce I would advise you to not hope for our pack to help feed your pup. He narrowed his gaze still searching to look for the stranger child who Kino thought endangered his own. My pups will be fed first in times where food is scarce... Got that? The gray man knew he sounded mean, maybe even evil right now, but such was the law of the pack. Leaders pups got first dibs on any food until they become yearlings and could fend for themselves. He just had to make sure this female knew those rules.

He backed up giving the woman more space now and fluffed out his coat as a breeze hit his left side. Kino was not horribly happy about this but if Minka was fine with the two being here he would have to deal with it.

That's not to say that we don't want to like you or... Abadeer. The longer you stay the more trust and respect I will give you two. The Lagina wolf sat a wolf length away from the entrance and simply stayed there watching for danger. In the back of his mind the pup loving man wanted to take the pup further into the territory where his own pups lay, because it was safer deeper in wolf territory. On the outskirts of their territory anything could happen and no one would be there in time to help. Coyotes, bears, bobcats, loners, and rogues could all try to sneak in past his borders. As long as Abadeer and Anstice were considered his own, Tokino would make sure to keep them safe.

Minka & Tokino
Inactive No Rank
Anstice Alexa
Losing my sight, Losing my mind
Anstice Alexa
Wish somebody would tell me I'm fine

The man spoke as soon as she had given her answer, laying down the law that her pup would be the last to eat and she nodded. She would not dare take from the cache at all, for she was merely a present wolf, not really a part of the pack yet... not until Abadeer could be left alone for long periods of time. She relazed a little, uncurling slightly from around her child to reveal some of his white fur which blended well with her own. "I... I didn't really decide anything. I delivered while I was wandering and... she found me and told me to leave. I told her I couldn't because Abadeer would die and she took me in. I'd already lost Delilah, I couldn't lose him." Sadness panged through her as she listened to the rest of his speech.

She was beginning to think she was so grateful that it was nauseating but she did not care because at least they knew how fortunate she felt and how she was forever in their debt and all that jazz."I understand sir, I would never dare take from your children after Minka took me in like that. Once I can leave Abadeer alone for periods of time I'll be doing plenty of hunting so hopefully there will not be a food shortage." She offered with a grateful tone in her voice. Her eyes calmed as she stared at her pup. Everything in her life had led up to the moment of his birth and now she just had to raise him to be strong and willful.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

Minka had returned to her children and mate once she had been assured that Anstice and her child had settled into the birthing den, rising later than normal the next morning. As such she had yet to have the time to alert the pack to the newcomer and her child, though she had intended to after checking upon the woman herself. Rolling her muscles to relieve some of the stiffness sleep brought the tawny alpha moved through her territory at a lope. The scents of her packmates hung strongly, mixing with the sweet sour scent of the berry bushes and blossoms, a scent that had been quick to sink into all of their pelts. It was with ease that Minka made her way towards the old birthing den, unworried that the mother would do any harm to her, after all Anstice was only a mother because of them.

It was the scent of her mate that cause pause in the Lagina woman's pace, it seemed he had discovered the newcomer before she could speak with him. Though she had no guilt in her decisions, she knew it had been the right one she only wished that she had delivered the news herself. Pushing forward once more she came close enough to catch the last snippets of their conversation, I understand sir, I would never dare take from your children after Minka took me in like that. Once I can leave Abadeer alone for periods of time I'll be doing plenty of hunting so hopefully there will not be a food shortage. Chuffing she announced her arrival, coming to stand on the right side of the silver male, pressing her muzzle against his neck for a moment in greeting.

Minka knew that now would be her chance to explain, and get to the original purpose of wanting to visit Anstice; get some answers. Peering into the dark den she smiled down at the pup warmly, and her gaze was curious when it landed upon the ivory mother. Her voice was quiet so as not to disturb the young one as she addressed the newest member of the pack, "I trust the rest of your night was uneventful?" She waited for an answer before pulling back farther from the den so as to look at Tokino. A small smile flit across her maw as she looked upon the father of her children, so strong and steady he seemed through it all. "When I first found her I asked her to take her leave but...she was alone with the child, and I couldn't bring myself to assign a death sentence to the innocent boy. We both know that's what it would have been if I had forced them to go, or left them alone in the night. I meant to tell you this morning after checking on them myself, but you seem to have discovered them on your own." The apology in her voice only sounded at the end, for she did not regret her decision in the least, only that Tokino had found them before she had explained.

Now that the male had been given at least some understanding of her decision Minka found her attention once more drawn to the den. Once more poking her muzzle inside she saw that at least the newcomer seemed to be suffering from less stress than she had the night before. When the alpha had first found Anstice she had been distraught and now she had her wits about her. She smiled again as she spoke, though her tone stated that she was firm and expected her questions to be answered as she addressed Anstice. "While I know this is personal business of yours, it does affect the pack and therefore my family; should we be expecting the father to appear at our borders?" If he did he would have to prove himself as every other loner did, after all Anstice had really only been accepted because of the dire need of her child, he would not have that "luxury". She of course expected honesty in the answers, liars would not be tolerated, especially in such an unusual circumstance.

Vinyonga @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina

Tokino was appeased by the white womans words as a certain calmness and acceptance overtook him. It was wired in his genes to look after his pack mates, whether that be as lowest ranking wolf or leader. Now that he understood the situation and held a certain trust in Anstice he could re-assume his job in protecting every member of the pack. Since Anstice and Abadeer were so far away from the main den where it was safer, he felt the need to stay there and watch over the den. Even if that meant making Anstice jumpy. Kino was sure one of his other subordinates would be watching his own pups at the main den.

It was the words and greeting of his mate that made Tokino stand to greet Minka. He dipped his head down to run his chin along her spine before she turned to speak to him.

You don't have to apologize to me Minka. I understand why you did what you did. His eyes glittered as he watched his mate carefully to measure her emotions. When she was happy with him she turned back to the den to check on the pup. Never would Tokino have gotten that close to a strangers pup. He was too afraid that the white woman would jump him afraid that he might do something to the pup. Guess it's a girl thing. They can trust each other more... He thought quietly while watching Anstice to make sure she wouldn't attack his mate while she checked on the pup.

Minka & Tokino
Inactive No Rank
Anstice Alexa
Sorry, this is a bit rambly :/
Losing my sight, Losing my mind
Anstice Alexa
Wish somebody would tell me I'm fine

Everything seemed to calm slightly after the explanation that she had presented to the man but soon his mate found her way in to check up on Anstice and Abadeer and explained the exact same story with an apology. Anstice gave a small, grateful smile. Then she asked the question that Anstice had not expected. It was about the father. "The father... he was there, just before you arrived Ma'am. He might be the father but he has no rights. He's an enemy, tricking me and getting me pregnant. He's from some damned pack south east of here... claims his sister runs it." She started to explain, getting worked up from her perspective of the ordeal. She knew in her mind that he hadn't tricked her into anything but it was how she had learned to live with what she had managed to do.

That was back in a different day, quite literally, before she thought a little better of other wolves. Since becoming pregnant she had shifted slightly, personality shifts from not caring about anyone to doing what she had to in order to protect those she owed it to. "I'm sorry for the language... it's just that... he threatened me that night. I barely managed to keep him away from Abadeer. Delilah... my little baby girl... it set him off... seeing her not moving and he tried to take Abadeer." She explained further, looking at her son before licking his forehead. She just looked like a mess and she hated talking about it.

Played by Ghost who has 389 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Minka Lagina

As her mate assured Minka that she had made the right decision an appreciative smile spread across her maw. Pressing her muzzle silently against his own she licked his chin before turning away and entering the den. Her first question was met with a small smile so the Lagina woman assumed that other than the obvious all had been well throughout the night. Then the real question was answered, the alpha allowed her subordinate to tell the whole tale before responding herself. Letting but a moment pass she nodded with a serious expression, "If you give me his description I will pass it along to the pack with the order to chase or attack him on sight. You are part of the pack now, and we will do everything we can to protect both you and Abadeer." It was in Minka's nature to be trusting and if this was the story that Anstice told than she believed it to be true, after all she had seen how scared she had been that night.

Golden eyes flickered over the mother and son pair once more and saw how upset the snowy mother had become. Nodding her head once more she spoke softly, "I will send our healer by shortly to check on you and Abadeer, if you need anything else don't be afraid to call, I will be at the main den with my own young. " Then she pulled her muzzle from the den so she was looking once more upon the grey coat of her mate. Pressing her muzzle into the thick fur at his neck she murmured, "You're staying here aren't you?" Tokino was so protective of the family they had built here and the thought of him standing guard over their newest members caused her heart to swell with pride. Nuzzling her nose against his neck for a moment she closed her eyes before stepping back and smiling upon him, then turned and made her way back to the den.

EXIT MINKA

Vinyonga @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief